Random musings and general banter. - Page 695
Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up










    BROWSE THE SHOPPINGTELLY.COM FORUM AD FREE - CLICK HERE

    Page 695 of 717 FirstFirst ... 195595645685693694695696697705 ... LastLast
    Results 6,941 to 6,950 of 7163
    1. #6941
      Join Date
      Jun 2013
      Location
      east london
      Posts
      3,032
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default


      ADVERTISING


      Anyone get the email about how Ideal are basically going to be on channel4 on weekdays haha

    2. #6942
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      Location
      On the phone/not the web!
      Posts
      6,901
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      ADVERTISING
      Quote Originally Posted by mr tom View Post
      Anyone get the email about how Ideal are basically going to be on channel4 on weekdays haha
      'There were some great and not so great products and lots of fun moments'

      She'll probably bag the 'not so great' products
      Likes mr tom liked this post
       

    3. #6943
      Join Date
      Jun 2013
      Location
      east london
      Posts
      3,032
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Mommabear View Post
      'There were some great and not so great products and lots of fun moments'

      She'll probably bag the 'not so great' products
      I assume she will pick the products they can convince vulnerable people they need...

    4. #6944
      Join Date
      Dec 2013
      Location
      In a squat near you!
      Posts
      1,047
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by mr tom View Post
      Anyone get the email about how Ideal are basically going to be on channel4 on weekdays haha
      Did this actually happen?

    5. #6945
      Join Date
      Jun 2013
      Location
      east london
      Posts
      3,032
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
      Did this actually happen?
      The email did, the show itself... I have no idea.

    6. #6946
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      Location
      Over the Pennines in Lancashire
      Posts
      1,438
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Yes, it's the show 'Buy it Now' on channel 4 @ 17.30.
      Likes mr tom liked this post
       

    7. #6947
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      Posts
      1,037
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Been watching the buy it now, quite like it
      Likes mr tom liked this post
       

    8. #6948
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Posts
      663
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Last night was a very special night, as we had "The best horology show on the planet"! This was the claim of Peter Simon. Yes, it was a Peter and Kev 120 minute watch show. The worlds most desired watches were on sale, watch brands like, Mathey Tissot, Vostok Europe and not forgetting an Ideal World favourite, Bermuda.

      So what made this such a special show? That is the question I'm still asking myself! the only reason I can think of is the fact that they had a Mathey Tissot at over 2,000. Not the usual ugly chronograph, but a hand wound 17 jewel job. Yes, very special, but no thank you. Perhaps it was the fact that they were selling the Vostok Ekranoplan (pronounced by Simon as Iraqnoplan (again)), and stating that the watch contained the Seiko NH35, probably the worlds greatest movement. This in fact is probably Seiko's second cheapest automatic movement and sells for under 40 retail. So saying what he did is far beyond ridiculous. Nothing new there I know!

      Viewers also had yet another chance to get their hands on the never to be seen again Vostok Europe Mriya Ana- Digi chronograph. if you didn't manage to get one, don't worry, I'm pretty sure it will be around again in a couple of weeks or so.

      Anyway, after the first hour of the planets greatest horology show, I just couldn't take anymore. I don't believe I've ever heard so much clap trap from a bigger pair of idiots in my life.
      Likes desertranger, mr tom liked this post
       

    9. #6949
      Join Date
      Jun 2013
      Location
      east london
      Posts
      3,032
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by radio_dayz View Post
      Last night was a very special night, as we had "The best horology show on the planet"! This was the claim of Peter Simon. Yes, it was a Peter and Kev 120 minute watch show. The worlds most desired watches were on sale, watch brands like, Mathey Tissot, Vostok Europe and not forgetting an Ideal World favourite, Bermuda.

      So what made this such a special show? That is the question I'm still asking myself! the only reason I can think of is the fact that they had a Mathey Tissot at over 2,000. Not the usual ugly chronograph, but a hand wound 17 jewel job. Yes, very special, but no thank you. Perhaps it was the fact that they were selling the Vostok Ekranoplan (pronounced by Simon as Iraqnoplan (again)), and stating that the watch contained the Seiko NH35, probably the worlds greatest movement. This in fact is probably Seiko's second cheapest automatic movement and sells for under 40 retail. So saying what he did is far beyond ridiculous. Nothing new there I know!

      Viewers also had yet another chance to get their hands on the never to be seen again Vostok Europe Mriya Ana- Digi chronograph. if you didn't manage to get one, don't worry, I'm pretty sure it will be around again in a couple of weeks or so.

      Anyway, after the first hour of the planets greatest horology show, I just couldn't take anymore. I don't believe I've ever heard so much clap trap from a bigger pair of idiots in my life.
      was there a studio audience? He loves having a few people sat on the chairs watching his shtick.

    10. #6950
      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      Location
      Plymouth, Devon
      Posts
      3,714
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default


      ADVERTISING


      A mechanical watch should have at least 21 jewels, including a jewelled escapement, so 17 jewels is NOT a quality movement

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •