Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

This is a nice pic of Nan Nanty with........I dunno, is it his cousin?

nan nanty.jpg

Undisguised, it's his partner Jason, the idle pair who let Nan Nanty Nan's Mam paint fences and god knows whatever else

View attachment 11234

I wonder if Jase get's pished off that Nanty's always (ALWAYS!) talking about his Mam and Nan but never mentions him? I wonder why that is?

I think Jase looks like Dennis from Auf Wiedersehen, Pet

NantysDennis.jpg

Which is much better than Nanty who looks like Plug from The Beano :mysmilie_59:

nantyplug.jpg

IW world bosses/owners must be so so so proud and obviously happy to make a buck at any rate.

Saint Peter of Simon has been on for nine minutes and has already said, quote "He is 12 stone of dynamite with a half inch fuse!" also "Next door has a large pussy!" and finally while sitting on an excersie item the old fool is shouting "SEX SEX!" while rubbing his thighs and finally he says "I like sticking two fingers in a treacle triangle" while rubbing his legs.

Truly embarrassing IW should pull the plug on this idiot tonight, IW have a good look at yourself as this clown WILL put IW out the game.

IW world bosses/owners must be so so so proud and obviously happy to make a buck at any rate.

Saint Peter of Simon has been on for nine minutes and has already said, quote "He is 12 stone of dynamite with a half inch fuse!" also "Next door has a large pussy!" and finally while sitting on an excersie item the old fool is shouting "SEX SEX!" while rubbing his thighs and finally he says "I like sticking two fingers in a treacle triangle" while rubbing his legs.

Truly embarrassing IW should pull the plug on this idiot tonight, IW have a good look at yourself as this clown WILL put IW out the game.

When I listen to Dirty Peter and Poo Poo they put me in mind of that Alan Partridge sketch when his BBC boss fires him and Partridge tries in vain to convince him that his new programme 'ideas' are worth a contract so he just makes up programme names like 'Monkey Tennis' and 'Inner City Sumo'.

Pete and Poo sound like that to me. Speaking for the sake of it with absolutely no ability to ad lib and regurgitating the same old spurious, unintelligible, incoherent drivel.

But unlike Alan they're not one bit funny :mysmilie_59:

Seeing that photo is amusing as on TJC right now, that motormouth Amit just called Chloe Marshall, Caroline Lyndsay. (both are in the photo)

Also, on my mind as it happens. TJC have an on screen graphic saying there are ''4 more (price) plunges to go'' it says the item is currently £342.99

they have sold 13. 13!!!!

why buy without knowing what the price will end up as?

Sorry... had to get that off my chest.

Seeing that photo is amusing as on TJC right now, that motormouth Amit just called Chloe Marshall, Caroline Lyndsay. (both are in the photo)

I'm not remotely interested in Jewellery but I have seen bits of TJC of late with those awful gobby, showoff buyers and it too seems like Bid.

Maybe i'm totally out of sync and behind the times, perhaps the 'Bid' style is the way Selly Telly is going? :mysmilie_59:

I'm not remotely interested in Jewellery but I have seen bits of TJC of late with those awful gobby, showoff buyers and it too seems like Bid.

Maybe i'm totally out of sync and behind the times, perhaps the 'Bid' style is the way Selly Telly is going? :mysmilie_59:

It is definitely heading that way. I am certain they (qvc, IW, etc) are making profit on the p&p these days.

It is definitely heading that way. I am certain they (qvc, IW, etc) are making profit on the p&p these days.

That's a good point.

We all (me included) often comment that Ideal World's P+P charges are reasonable in comparison to QVC's (and they are) but the fact of the matter is that both companies charges are scandalous in comparison top companies like Argos and Curry's. Also the delivery services are not even that quick, sometimes downright slow. We are conditioned to think a couple of days is brilliant but......

In January we ordered an iPad, Blender, Kettle, Toaster and a few small Kitchen Utensils from Curry's on a Monday and it was all delivered the next day (actually within less than 24 hours) for £3.95

And just before Christmas we bought a Table, Lamp, Keyboard & Mouse and a pair of Headphones from Argos which were all delivered for £3.95 the very same day we ordered them online, in fact depending on what you spend it can be free :mysmilie_59:

I don't think IW are making a profit on p&p, I've had several items of clothing sent out free, and several tops sent out in one order for £1, the Tefal Optigril+ I ordered going by the weight would've cost considerably more than £5.99, I totally agree with you though that QVCs profit greatly from their p&p charges. Years ago, I had to get out the habit that when I ordered clothes from IW, a different colour and size wasn't going to cost me another set of postage. Got a leaflet with my order saying the starting 13th of April, it's free p&p from then all over the weekend.

I don't think IW are making a profit on p&p, I've had several items of clothing sent out free, and several tops sent out in one order for £1, the Tefal Optigril+ I ordered going by the weight would've cost considerably more than £5.99, I totally agree with you though that QVCs profit greatly from their p&p charges. Years ago, I had to get out the habit that when I ordered clothes from IW, a different colour and size wasn't going to cost me another set of postage. Got a leaflet with my order saying the starting 13th of April, it's free p&p from then all over the weekend.

But sadly for every reasonable P+P charge Ideal World have the vast majority of their items are delivered pretty slowly by today's standards, and very expensively.

Take the POTD. 2 x 200ml bottles of Zhuzh! for £4.99 P+P which is (very slightly) more expensive than Q tend to charge for similar sized items. But perhaps worst of all it's 25% of the actual cost of the goods (£19.99). I find it hard to believe they don't make a significant profit from such a high charge :mysmilie_13:

It's really very, very expensive compared to the 'real' world but in fairness i'd say many of the on air items can have reasonable carriage costs compared to QVC (which is no real barometer at all) :mysmilie_59:

But sadly for every reasonable P+P charge Ideal World have the vast majority of their items are delivered pretty slowly by today's standards, and very expensively.

Take the POTD. 2 x 200ml bottles of Zhuzh! for £4.99 P+P which is (very slightly) more expensive than Q tend to charge for similar sized items. But perhaps worst of all it's 25% of the actual cost of the goods (£19.99). I find it hard to believe they don't make a significant profit from such a high charge :mysmilie_13:

It's really very, very expensive compared to the 'real' world but in fairness i'd say many of the on air items can have reasonable carriage costs compared to QVC (which is no real barometer at all) :mysmilie_59:

I know were you're coming from, QVCs p&p is all over the place when two bags of little Richards compost is £5.99 the same as an ultra light Kipling bag. The difference is if you ordered three lots of IW pick of the day it would cost you one lot of p&p of £4.99, if it was QVC the p&p would be £10 speaks volumes how much profit QVC would've made out of that little transaction hey. :mysmilie_14:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back