Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That's shocking that they didn't mention having to have an external hose. It is absolutely essential for the running of the machine.

It is what put me off buying one on Amazon as my windows are high up and hard to reach the opening part. But that Princess one is power hungry as well. 700 odd watts, where some I was looking at on Amazon were as capable, but used around 200 watts.

700 watts having it running for hours starts to get costly.

Howard being a sneaky shite talking about that Pifco 3 in 1 air cooler. Keeps saying "I know air conditioners that can cost £1000"

Pointless comparison as this isn't an aircon unit. But how many viewers will think otherwise???

I don't watch Ideal World as much as I used to, but whilst channel-hopping yesterday evening I caught the start of the 7pm reconditioned iPhone SE show with Peter Simon and Volauvent just in time to hear Pete say something that was practically out of this world (or at least somewhat dubious). Hear for yourself from about 2:16 here: https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/shows/apple-iphone-special-2770329?channel=IW

"...there's a titanium metal grey; we're calling it a Space Grey because of the anniversary of the fifty, fifty years since Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin went, and landed on the moon..."

NO! Apple have ALWAYS called the colour Space Grey and have done so for many years, so if you think about it there was a potential deception combined with a lie in the one sentence. Saying something that might conceivably fool some viewers into thinking that one of the iPhones was made out of titanium metal? Check. Telling an outright lie about a product description in order to make a tenuous connection with the moon landing anniversary? Check.

This was certainly not an off-the-cuff observation either since 'futuristic' music started playing when the moon landing was mentioned, therefore Ideal World executives must have signed off that particular deception/drivel as being fit for broadcast.

That space grey comment of his is unbelievable!!! Why tell such a stupid lie like that when it is obvious at least some viewers will know it's a load of crap!!

Every time I switch on Ideal lately, it's always the old Dafta award winner on screen. I suppose if I were on £150 an hour, you would never be able to drag me off the screen as well.

I managed to drag myself away from watching car crash TV. Plus whenever I tune in, it's nearly always a ****** cordless vaccum cleaner. Surely every IW customer owns one by now??

After my message above I decided to dip in and see what was on. Dirty Pete was on with the screaming idiot Richard M(L)ire. Showing a hovercraft drone.

"Be the first in the world to own one. This is a worldwide launch" says Peter. Quick look on Amazon, reviews for an identical product going back to June. Seems no matter how long you are away, just flick on IW and see the bullshite flowing away as per usual

Apparently this 3 in 1 drone thing is also available at a famous London toyshop for £60 , cant see it anywhere on there website tho, and they never mention the name "Hamleys" yet they can mention Amazon and other retails all the time

After my message above I decided to dip in and see what was on. Dirty Pete was on with the screaming idiot Richard M(L)ire. Showing a hovercraft drone.

"Be the first in the world to own one. This is a worldwide launch" says Peter. Quick look on Amazon, reviews for an identical product going back to June. Seems no matter how long you are away, just flick on IW and see the bullshite flowing away as per usual

I saw it and those two plonkers demonstrating it at £35 plus postage. They even want £14.99 for a spare battery. Robbers!!!

You can get a similar Drone from TomTop for a mere £14.95 including shipping.

https://www.tomtop.com/p-rm12221.html TomTop are OK, I bought a DJI Mavic Drone from them at a great saving

Last edited:
I've just seen the lord of Ideal Peter Simon doing his best to deceive the watch buying public yet again. He was selling Ballast watches and saying they are swiss and swiss miyota movements.
Well, anyone who knows the first thing about watches, knows that miyota movements are Japanese, and made by Citizen watches.

That man is either a f*&%ing buffoon or a downright liar!! I really do not understand how Ideal get away with employing this liability of a man. If I employed him, I'd be afraid I would have the ASA all over me, but they get away with his misinformation year after year! it's unbelievable.

I've just seen the lord of Ideal Peter Simon doing his best to deceive the watch buying public yet again. He was selling Ballast watches and saying they are swiss and swiss miyota movements.
Well, anyone who knows the first thing about watches, knows that miyota movements are Japanese, and made by Citizen watches.

That man is either a f*&%ing buffoon or a downright liar!! I really do not understand how Ideal get away with employing this liability of a man. If I employed him, I'd be afraid I would have the ASA all over me, but they get away with his misinformation year after year! it's unbelievable.

I just watched that show, an absolute disgrace, I sent an email to Ideal during the show highlighting his errors, ie him stating that Ballast were Swiss since 1903, which he repeated non stop for an hour. I informed them that Ballast are not a Swiss company (they are part of the Dartmouth Brands) and that 1903 has nothing to do with when Ballast started as a company, it's a reference to the First Submarine in the Royal Navy which is the inspiration behind their watches. Yes a couple of their watches are made in Switzerland but most of them are not.
What i find even more appalling is that the so called guest experts, who will know the truth, yet all remain silent or play along with the lies, because that's what it is lies, and not just his it's Ideal world as a whole, he may be a buffoon but to many folks involved in that show for it be simply down to him. Couple of gaffs in a show, fine down to him, but for it to be so intense for a whole hour (and misinformation like this is common place in their watch shows), then others are culpable too.

anyone else notice the picture quality is worse since they changed the logo , people look a bit out of focus, this is on Sky Q

anyone else notice the picture quality is worse since they changed the logo , people look a bit out of focus, this is on Sky Q

After looking again, I think you are correct. The picture looks soft and colours look muted.

Maybe the softness of the image is to help hide the wrinkles of the aging presenters? :mysmilie_17:

Picture's definitely softer on Freeview, though I recently bought a new television that does a better job of 'cleaning up' the picture (it shouldn't make much difference to Ideal World though). The Ideal World website claims it's also a "step into HD", which is a funny sort of HD unless they're referring to their ITV overnight slot of course.

New softer picture, new logo, sometimes new products as well but still with frequently uninformative sales pitches. Tonight they introduced a 'new' (old) watch brand "Lucien Piccard" and during the short time I was watching they never mentioned on-air whether the watches were mechanical or battery-driven quartz (they weren't automatic because they would have surely mentioned that). Also Lucien Piccard was originally a Swiss watch maker bought by an American family years ago but again from what I saw they never mentioned who owns the brand nowadays or where the watches are made.

Latest posts

Back