Random musings and general banter. - Page 834

Page 834 of 843 FirstFirst ... 334734784824832833834835836 ... LastLast
Results 8,331 to 8,340 of 8423
    Post Thanks / Like

Apparently this 3 in 1 drone thing is also available at a famous London toyshop for 60 , cant see it anywhere on there website tho, and they never mention the name "Hamleys" yet they can mention Amazon and other retails all the time
    Likes Retrovertigo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Retrovertigo View Post
    After my message above I decided to dip in and see what was on. Dirty Pete was on with the screaming idiot Richard M(L)ire. Showing a hovercraft drone.

"Be the first in the world to own one. This is a worldwide launch" says Peter. Quick look on Amazon, reviews for an identical product going back to June. Seems no matter how long you are away, just flick on IW and see the bullshite flowing away as per usual
    I saw it and those two plonkers demonstrating it at 35 plus postage. They even want 14.99 for a spare battery. Robbers!!!

You can get a similar Drone from TomTop for a mere 14.95 including shipping.

https://www.tomtop.com/p-rm12221.html TomTop are OK, I bought a DJI Mavic Drone from them at a great saving
    Last edited by radio_dayz; 11-08-2019 at 05:09 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I've just seen the lord of Ideal Peter Simon doing his best to deceive the watch buying public yet again. He was selling Ballast watches and saying they are swiss and swiss miyota movements.
    Well, anyone who knows the first thing about watches, knows that miyota movements are Japanese, and made by Citizen watches.

That man is either a f*&%ing buffoon or a downright liar!! I really do not understand how Ideal get away with employing this liability of a man. If I employed him, I'd be afraid I would have the ASA all over me, but they get away with his misinformation year after year! it's unbelievable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by radio_dayz View Post
    I've just seen the lord of Ideal Peter Simon doing his best to deceive the watch buying public yet again. He was selling Ballast watches and saying they are swiss and swiss miyota movements.
    Well, anyone who knows the first thing about watches, knows that miyota movements are Japanese, and made by Citizen watches.

That man is either a f*&%ing buffoon or a downright liar!! I really do not understand how Ideal get away with employing this liability of a man. If I employed him, I'd be afraid I would have the ASA all over me, but they get away with his misinformation year after year! it's unbelievable.
    I just watched that show, an absolute disgrace, I sent an email to Ideal during the show highlighting his errors, ie him stating that Ballast were Swiss since 1903, which he repeated non stop for an hour. I informed them that Ballast are not a Swiss company (they are part of the Dartmouth Brands) and that 1903 has nothing to do with when Ballast started as a company, it's a reference to the First Submarine in the Royal Navy which is the inspiration behind their watches. Yes a couple of their watches are made in Switzerland but most of them are not.
    What i find even more appalling is that the so called guest experts, who will know the truth, yet all remain silent or play along with the lies, because that's what it is lies, and not just his it's Ideal world as a whole, he may be a buffoon but to many folks involved in that show for it be simply down to him. Couple of gaffs in a show, fine down to him, but for it to be so intense for a whole hour (and misinformation like this is common place in their watch shows), then others are culpable too.
    Likes Lilo Lil , Price Plunge, radio_dayz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

anyone else notice the picture quality is worse since they changed the logo , people look a bit out of focus, this is on Sky Q

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deanos View Post
    anyone else notice the picture quality is worse since they changed the logo , people look a bit out of focus, this is on Sky Q
    It looks OK to me On Freeview.

Post Thanks / Like

yup picture looks odd slightly faded thats on virgin

Post Thanks / Like

Faded on sky hd too.....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deanos View Post
    After looking again, I think you are correct. The picture looks soft and colours look muted.

Maybe the softness of the image is to help hide the wrinkles of the aging presenters?
    Likes AmyG, tweezle liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Picture's definitely softer on Freeview, though I recently bought a new television that does a better job of 'cleaning up' the picture (it shouldn't make much difference to Ideal World though). The Ideal World website claims it's also a "step into HD", which is a funny sort of HD unless they're referring to their ITV overnight slot of course.

New softer picture, new logo, sometimes new products as well but still with frequently uninformative sales pitches. Tonight they introduced a 'new' (old) watch brand "Lucien Piccard" and during the short time I was watching they never mentioned on-air whether the watches were mechanical or battery-driven quartz (they weren't automatic because they would have surely mentioned that). Also Lucien Piccard was originally a Swiss watch maker bought by an American family years ago but again from what I saw they never mentioned who owns the brand nowadays or where the watches are made.