Random musings and general banter. - Page 826

Page 826 of 826 FirstFirst ... 326726776816824825826
Results 8,251 to 8,254 of 8254
    Post Thanks / Like

A similar demo on QVC today, bit kept falling out of drill, and lots of other bloopers, especially demonstrating the strength of sticky tape (2 types didn't stick or seal a leak)
    Likes Retrovertigo , mr tom liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

That snapped drill bit perfectly sums up the deception of the channel as a whole. And Gollum stands there smiling like a tit.

And has been pointed out - and I have mentioned myself several times - you end up spending more than the initial cost if you send any broke bits back. It is a massive con, claiming you get a lifetime guarantee. In that case everything you buy has a lifetime guarantee if you have to spend more than the item cost to get a "free" replacement.
    Likes tweezle, stratobuddy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Here's something downright deceptive I haven't heard them do before yesterday in relation to smartphones (in this case that NUU thing they've been selling over Easter), which must have been OK'd by Ideal World senior management because I've also heard the same thing said today by a different presenter.

Yesterday's 8pm show - the claim in question can be found from 22.20 here: https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/shows/n...342?channel=IW - Volauvent said "4G Long Term Evolution", then shortly afterwards Peter Simon interrupted him to say "Is that kind of future proof then" to which Volauvent replied "Well yeah - yeah absolutely". Anyone who knows what "Long Term Evolution" actually means in respect of the 4G standard will know that's absolute nonsense!

Plus the same deceptive nonsense was repeated by Dennice at the start of tonight's 7pm show when she said "LTE means that it's future-protected so it means that the phone itself can grow as things change which is amazing". If there's no connection between the two incidents then it's a hell of a coincidence especially as De Knees isn't technically-minded enough to wander off-script from a technical perspective. Tonight's show can be viewed here: https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/shows/n...344?channel=IW
    Likes Retrovertigo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah especially when 5G will start rolling out this year. They really do prey on the poor souls out there who aren't tech savvy.