Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wow! I've just watched Pete's opening speech on the VE watch show................

Yeah, it was something special as all his intros are, but it still doesn't beat his intro for CCCP last night, and how Alexander Shorokhoff (he had real difficulty saying it) designed the slava movement in 1924, which is pretty good for someone that wasn't born till 1960.
He also said nobody else would have one unless they paid a lot of money or got them from Russia themselves. Although why anybody would buy a Chinese watch (and they were made in Germany before being sold to the Chinese) from Russia is beyond me. :mysmilie_11:

Has Rick Hay left Ideal World as well along with Fiona (Legmaster)?

There are very few new products being offered lately - dull, dull, dull darhling ...

Another Vostok show, obviously didn't sell out the watches as planned in the last show, and it's your last chance to buy, Peter Simon said honestly it is, sure he said that in the last show.
love the way he (they) keep saying, we thought these had sold out, why they've been on your website to buy for weeks, without any indication that they've sold out. Anyway, wonder what they will be selling on the 2 hour Vostok show that is scheduled for tomorrow night, maybe that will turn out to be a last minute show arranged because some were left from tonights show.

Another Vostok show, obviously didn't sell out the watches as planned in the last show, and it's your last chance to buy, Peter Simon said honestly it is, sure he said that in the last show.
love the way he (they) keep saying, we thought these had sold out, why they've been on your website to buy for weeks, without any indication that they've sold out. Anyway, wonder what they will be selling on the 2 hour Vostok show that is scheduled for tomorrow night, maybe that will turn out to be a last minute show arranged because some were left from tonights show.

I am unable to see the next watch show, I'l be far too busy getting insurance quotes!

I don't like to be fattist, but having just watched Rob Locke and Paul Brodel presenting some nondescript cooking appliance I felt slightly queasy. There's something really unpleasant about two extremely fat middle-aged men getting over-excited about food. It's pretty basic sales technique that you don't have fat people presenting food (unless it's a chef), so it was a poor choice. Actually, it was ****ing horrid.

I don't like to be fattist, but having just watched Rob Locke and Paul Brodel presenting some nondescript cooking appliance I felt slightly queasy. There's something really unpleasant about two extremely fat middle-aged men getting over-excited about food. It's pretty basic sales technique that you don't have fat people presenting food (unless it's a chef), so it was a poor choice. Actually, it was ****ing horrid.

I watched Rob Locke on a cooking hour last week and he ate, literally, for the whole hour :mysmilie_19:

I watched Rob Locke on a cooking hour last week and he ate, literally, for the whole hour :mysmilie_19:

I always laugh at most of their cooking shows, they bang on about all this healthy cooking with less fat, healthy eating etc, yet the the guys doing the cooking and some of the presenters are the most unhealthy overweight (some are outright obese) bunch i've seen, they're not exactly a great advert for healthy cooking and eating that's for sure. :mysmilie_19:

What utter nonsense from P Simon, he's selling the Rose Gold Airgility Max, never seen anything like it, never seen battery at 29.v, etc etc, blah blah blah, oh and he genuinely thinks they've made a mistake with the price. :mysmilie_19: Someone should tell him it's the SAME Airgility Max, with the same specifications, they've been selling for months, at the same price, only it's a different colour.

:mysmilie_17:

Rob Locke's always been fat, even way back when he was with qvc.

Last edited:
P. Simon also mentioned it got a Good Housekeeping Award in 2019. Well if the Rose Gold is brand new I don't know how it could win awards yet, but anyway the blue colour has been out a while but I don't see anything about it winning awards, I do see a review by Good Housekeeping containing the following.

"It’s fine for picking up dust on hard floors and larger crumbs on carpet, but dust pick-up on carpet isn’t good enough to replace your main vacuum"

"Overall this budget vacuum is fine if used for quick pick ups in addition to your main vacuum."

Obviously not quite the outstanding Vacuum that Ideal world would have you believe.

If anyone is interested in today’s POTD (Beldray Airgility Max 29.6v in Rose Gold - £89.99 + £5.99 P&P total £95.98) then Beales.co.uk are selling the exact same model (albeit in colour Blue) for £71.99 with free delivery when using Discount Code ‘Extra10’.

Even without the discount code it only costs £79.99 delivered. And Ideal World reckon it’s going to go up to £149.99!

So yet again, another fabulous Ideal World ‘Bargain’ :mysmilie_19:

https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/beldray-rose-gold-airgility-max-29-6v-vacuum-487341?query=fh_view_size%3d24%26fh_location%3d%252f%252fidealworld%252fen_GB%252fcategories%40lt%3b%257bidealworld_1001%257d%252fcategories%40lt%3b%257bidealworld_1001_8009%257d%252fcategories%40lt%3b%257bidealworld_1001_8009_8058%257d%252fbrand_iw%40gt%3b%257bbeldray%257d%26fh_sort%3d-onair_iw%252c-new_iw%252c-salescash_iw

https://www.beales.co.uk/beldray-airgility-max-cordless-2-in-1-multi-surface-vacuum-cleaner-bel0813.html#

If anyone is interested in today’s POTD (Beldray Airgility Max 29.6v in Rose Gold - £89.99 + £5.99 P&P total £95.98) then Beales.co.uk are selling the exact same model (albeit in colour Blue) for £71.99 with free delivery when using Discount Code ‘Extra10’.

Even without the discount code it only costs £79.99 delivered. And Ideal World reckon it’s going to go up to £149.99!

So yet again, another fabulous Ideal World ‘Bargain’ :mysmilie_19:

https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/bel...d&fh_sort=-onair_iw%2c-new_iw%2c-salescash_iw

https://www.beales.co.uk/beldray-ai...-1-multi-surface-vacuum-cleaner-bel0813.html#

I was going to get 4 for crimbo, for the postie, milky, and the binmen, so it looks like a trip to Beales look good! I wonder where I can get insurance for them from!! Happy days. :mysmilie_17:

I was going to get 4 for crimbo, for the postie, milky, and the binmen, so it looks like a trip to Beales look good! I wonder where I can get insurance for them from!! Happy days. :mysmilie_17:

Ha Ha, you sound like Hayley! :mysmilie_19:

And there’s another ‘bargain’ on now, it’s supposedly a Blockbuster. They want £305 all in for a Coda Wave Laptop but you can buy the exact same model right now from the Microsoft store for £230 delivered! And they have the barefaced cheek to then claim ‘it will go up to’ £349.99 :mysmilie_13:

I see their slogan is ‘Christmas, We’re Full of Surprises’

More like ‘Christmas, We’re Full of IT’ :mysmilie_59:

https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/coda-wave-laptop-11-6inch-fhd-ips-display-4gb-ram-32gb-storage-492274

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/coda-wave-coda010-2-in-1-pc/8X2K13N88G8H/948S?irgwc=1&OCID=AID2000142_aff_7794_1246483&tduid=(ir__fs3oafil2okfryezkk0sohz30u2xgm0e9kiqex3s00)(7794)(1246483)((aee58de6b8d0350646e01af5f13e218a)(266696)(3026337)(uk%3a%3a%3a12396%3a%3a%3a8X2K13N88G8H_948S%3a%3a%3acss%3a%3a%3a200_500)())(aee58de6b8d0350646e01af5f13e218a)&irclickid=_fs3oafil2okfryezkk0sohz30u2xgm0e9kiqex3s00&activetab=pivot%3aoverviewtab

Ha Ha, you sound like Hayley! :mysmilie_19:

And there’s another ‘bargain’ on now, it’s supposedly a Blockbuster. They want £305 all in for a Coda Wave Laptop but you can buy the exact same model right now from the Microsoft store for £230 delivered! And they have the barefaced cheek to then claim ‘it will go up to’ £349.99 :mysmilie_13:

I see their slogan is ‘Christmas, We’re Full of Surprises’

More like ‘Christmas, We’re Full of IT’ :mysmilie_59:

https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/cod...h-fhd-ips-display-4gb-ram-32gb-storage-492274

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/c...u2xgm0e9kiqex3s00&activetab=pivot:overviewtab

I had to laugh at your post. When you said we are full of it, did you forget the first 2 letters, (sh)! :mysmilie_17:

I had to laugh at your post. When you said we are full of it, did you forget the first 2 letters, (sh)! :mysmilie_17:

That would be more accurate, wouldn’t it Dave? :mysmilie_19:

I can’t believe the ripoff prices they’re asking for their less than top name products these days. Yesterday they wanted £80 for their typical Skip Load full of Elizabeth Grant Selly Telly Potions.

Talking of less than top name products, it’s a Thomas Earnshaw POTD later. Some models come with Cufflinks or even Credit Card Holders :mysmilie_19:

That would be more accurate, wouldn’t it Dave? :mysmilie_19:

I can’t believe the ripoff prices they’re asking for their less than top name products these days. Yesterday they wanted £80 for their typical Skip Load full of Elizabeth Grant Selly Telly Potions.

Talking of less than top name products, it’s a Thomas Earnshaw POTD later. Some models come with Cufflinks or even Credit Card Holders :mysmilie_19:

And the first thing Peter Simon says about the pick of the day is Thomas would like to thank everyone at the Earnshaw family for this inspiration of time, blah blah. The Earnshaw family? Now there may be some decedents of Earnshaw out there, but they have nothing to do with these watches.:mysmilie_17:

Oh, it's the check the price, must be a mistake patter again.

And the first thing Peter Simon says about the pick of the day is Thomas would like to thank everyone at the Earnshaw family for this inspiration of time, blah blah. The Earnshaw family? Now there may be some decedents of Earnshaw out there, but they have nothing to do with these watches.:mysmilie_17:

Oh, it's the check the price, must be a mistake patter again.

I don't know how many more times the old duffer can use were checking the price stunt?!

The never to be seen again CCCP watches are on sale again. Well, I'd never have believed it!

I see that Thomas Tope has now been awarded the title "The godfather of time". It looks like Kevinski is going to have to work harder to get the title back.

I don't know how many more times the old duffer can use were checking the price stunt?!

The never to be seen again CCCP watches are on sale again. Well, I'd never have believed it!

I see that Thomas Tope has now been awarded the title "The godfather of time". It looks like Kevinski is going to have to work harder to get the title back.

And we had the "we thought these had all sold out last week", probably get exactly the same spiel in a week or two.

Peter Simon about CCCP watch, "you can tell this is Russian engineering". :mysmilie_17:

Thomas Tope about CCCP - got real history, another example of watches Ideal World are showing their customers that have got some provenance, got history, not fashion brand, real brand with history back to the 1920s.

Don't know who is worse, as said before they are full of IT.:mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back