Random musings and general banter. - Page 857





Page 857 of 857 FirstFirst ... 357757807847855856857
Results 8,561 to 8,570 of 8570
  1. #8561
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    881
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I would love to read the details of the 5 year guarantee with these Swam And Edgar watches.

    Could it possibly be something like ' This watch is guaranteed for 5 years, providing that it is serviced every year'? Or 'This watch is guaranteed for 5 years providing it doesn't go wrong'?

    I just feel there must be some conditions if they guarantee this rubbish for so long.

  2. #8562
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by radio_dayz View Post
    I would love to read the details of the 5 year guarantee with these Swam And Edgar watches.

    Could it possibly be something like ' This watch is guaranteed for 5 years, providing that it is serviced every year'? Or 'This watch is guaranteed for 5 years providing it doesn't go wrong'?

    I just feel there must be some conditions if they guarantee this rubbish for so long.

    From their web site.

    When you send watch back, you've to pay £20 to cover admin, p & P. Considering the wholesale price for these things will be very low, then £20 probably would cover them for replacing your watch without making a loss.

    Again from their web site:-

    "Please note that your warranty does not cover damage caused by neglect or improper use, normal wear and tear or ageing. Fields Luxury Ltd reserves the right, at it’s absolute discretion, to decide if damage to the watch has been caused by one of the aforementioned reasons. Furthermore, should Fields Luxury Ltd decide that any attempted repair has been carried out by unauthorised persons, the Warranty shall automatically be rendered null and void.
    Due to reasons of non availability of any model for whatever reason, Fields Luxury Ltd reserves the right, unconditionally, to replace the watch with another model of it’s choosing, including a model from any associated brand."

  3. #8563
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Plymouth, Devon
    Posts
    4,178
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What a rubbish guarantee

  4. #8564
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    881
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammy60 View Post
    From their web site.

    When you send watch back, you've to pay £20 to cover admin, p & P. Considering the wholesale price for these things will be very low, then £20 probably would cover them for replacing your watch without making a loss.

    Again from their web site:-

    "Please note that your warranty does not cover damage caused by neglect or improper use, normal wear and tear or ageing. Fields Luxury Ltd reserves the right, at itís absolute discretion, to decide if damage to the watch has been caused by one of the aforementioned reasons. Furthermore, should Fields Luxury Ltd decide that any attempted repair has been carried out by unauthorised persons, the Warranty shall automatically be rendered null and void.
    Due to reasons of non availability of any model for whatever reason, Fields Luxury Ltd reserves the right, unconditionally, to replace the watch with another model of itís choosing, including a model from any associated brand."
    I just knew that there had to be a catch!!! With a guarantee like that, they could afford to make it a lifetime one. What an absolute joke.

  5. #8565
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    brighton
    Posts
    2,363
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    That's unbelievable! That's not a guarantee! If I was spending that money on a watch I'd expect it not to break within 5 years anyway. If they're gonna guarantee their products for five years then that should mean, they'll replace it at no cost whatsover to the buyer....£20 for a replacement or similar product would be a nice gesture of goodwill should the product go wrong with in say a month of the guarantee expiring, but not part of the standard guarantee..that's shocking. To be honest, who believes this company "Fields Luxury Ltd" will even be a thing in 5 years time? I don't! So good luck with that one lol!

  6. #8566
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I see "Fields Luxury Ltd" also do the Bakers of Kensington and Anthony James of London watches, more Chinese watches.

  7. #8567
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    10,049
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Poo Poo reckons that ‘everybody needs a Rug Doctor’.

    Well Proto Col Man certainly does
    Likes Hammy60 liked this post
     

  8. #8568
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wirral70 View Post
    Poo Poo reckons that ‘everybody needs a Rug Doctor’.

    Well Proto Col Man certainly does

    Well he better take care, as you have to be extra careful with new rugs.


    It's Mason next with Vostok, his watch is still in stock although not in the program schedule, wonder if he'll mention he's finally got it.

  9. #8569
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Ah well, so Mr Mason still hasn't bought that Almaz yet, which is strange because he said the only thing stopping him buying it was cause it kept selling out, well it's been in stock since the last show, so he can't use that as an excuse.

    Mr Reynolds said £140 for a bracelet on the Vostok, you can get them for less than a £100 from P. Maier GmbH (Vostok Europe Dealer) in Germany.

  10. #8570
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    80
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Mason's world must be confined to what he sells on IW, as he's pretty ignorant to what is actually available out there.

    On Vostok GAZ 24 All Timer. "What's mind blowing about this watch is the movement with the perpetual calendar, get ready for this, cause you'll never see a watch like this."



    Nope never seen such a thing, oops wait a minute, I've got the Seiko SPC129P1 Chronograph, Perpetual Calendar, which does the exact same thing, so yes have seen a watch like it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •