Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

So the vapid drawl continues. Poo Poo and Caroline Garrard are shilling the quite awful Constantin Weisz tatt : -

'The box comes with the embossed logo, I love it'

'Giving a watch is just as enjoyable as wearing a watch'

'I gave my husband a watch when we got married and I enjoy seeing it on his wrist'

'It feels very high end, as if it should have price on application'

'This is a watch that really generates a conversation'

'You're getting a fantastic deal because you're getting the box as well'

'This piece looks like someone's who owns their own yacht'

'You're living the dream on a budget with this watch'

'I think some people at home are already on the Vino'

:mysmilie_59:

That one especially made my ears twitch! The watch they were talking about at the time was nasty looking and cost £140ish........they're a laughing stock!

I also had a look in at the 'fashion' POD. So they've gone from 3 for £30 to 3 for 2 now, the 3 for 2 also ending up at £30.....plus post, so £35. I suppose 3 for 2 is better as it's not actually mentioning any price. I must say, although there are a lot of very good reviews for the tapered trousers, I do wonder why. I notice the models almost always have their hands in the pockets as the front of these trousers has an overload of ruched material. So much so that forget camel toe, think more elephant trunk! I cannot imagine how they look on someone of average height (5' 3") when the models are averaging 5' 10". Also it's about time they had a plus size model like they do on QVC.

I watched most of the POD hour and did not hear one mention of any type of material these tops, trousers, were made of. No mention either of any measurements of any of the garments. Nothing helpful at all, just buy them........go on, go for 6 and have twelve different looks, all of them hideous :mysmilie_19:

And doesn't Gen like to promote Ted Baker, she mentions it every show. Another ridiculous statement, when there is no similarity at all that I can see.

That one especially made my ears twitch! The watch they were talking about at the time was nasty looking and cost £140ish........they're a laughing stock!

I also had a look in at the 'fashion' POD. So they've gone from 3 for £30 to 3 for 2 now, the 3 for 2 also ending up at £30.....plus post, so £35. I suppose 3 for 2 is better as it's not actually mentioning any price. I must say, although there are a lot of very good reviews for the tapered trousers, I do wonder why. I notice the models almost always have their hands in the pockets as the front of these trousers has an overload of ruched material. So much so that forget camel toe, think more elephant trunk! I cannot imagine how they look on someone of average height (5' 3") when the models are averaging 5' 10". Also it's about time they had a plus size model like they do on QVC.

I watched most of the POD hour and did not hear one mention of any type of material these tops, trousers, were made of. No mention either of any measurements of any of the garments. Nothing helpful at all, just buy them........go on, go for 6 and have twelve different looks, all of them hideous :mysmilie_19:

And doesn't Gen like to promote Ted Baker, she mentions it every show. Another ridiculous statement, when there is no similarity at all that I can see.

Regarding the material (which of course is invariably 95% Polyester) there's about as much chance of them mentioning the 'P' word as them them mentioning the postage or call costs (unless of course there's a promotion on the postage costs).

But those Constantin Weisz watches really are so cheap looking yet the prices are quite staggering. What sheer muck.

Caroline Garrard comes across as such a schlock. I was kind of sickened by the charity book schtick (which is completely unrelated to the tatt on sale).

The utter tosh she was spewing was staggering. The 'price on application' line was as bad as I've heard on this increasingly desperate channel, and that's saying something :mysmilie_59:

Regarding the material (which of course is invariably 95% Polyester) there's about as much chance of them mentioning the 'P' word as them them mentioning the postage or call costs (unless of course there's a promotion on the postage costs).

But those Constantin Weisz watches really are so cheap looking yet the prices are quite staggering. What sheer muck.

Caroline Garrard comes across as such a schlock. I was kind of sickened by the charity book schtick (which is completely unrelated to the tatt on sale).

The utter tosh she was spewing was staggering. The 'price on application' line was as bad as I've heard on this increasingly desperate channel, and that's saying something :mysmilie_59:

Apparently they were all selling out really fast??

Caroline Garrard has brought that book on before, can't think there'd be many takers at £20 + £2 P&P in a watch hour. Typical IW though, anything goes.

Apparently they were all selling out really fast??

Caroline Garrard has brought that book on before, can't think there'd be many takers at £20 + £2 P&P in a watch hour. Typical IW though, anything goes.

It did cross my mind she'd be bringing that book on to : -

1. Give her at least the appearance of some kind of decency and credibility
2. Give her at least the appearance that she's some kind of 'celebrity'

She could give herself the appearance of some credibility by openly stating in what capacity she 'worked at' Garrard.

I'm very sorry she lost her Mum to cancer (I lost my mum to cancer too) but trawling that book on to seemingly give credibility to her grubby shilling of completely unrelated to the book, tacky, overpriced tatt watches on the back of her ever schlocky sales pitches doesn't really give confidence.

She's vey dislikable, not to mention disingenuous, to my mind :mysmilie_59:

It did cross my mind she'd be bringing that book on to : -

1. Give her at least the appearance of some kind of decency and credibility
2. Give her at least the appearance that she's some kind of 'celebrity'

She could give herself the appearance of some credibility by openly stating in what capacity she 'worked at' Garrard.

I'm very sorry she lost her Mum to cancer (I lost my mum to cancer too) but trawling that book on to seemingly give credibility to her grubby shilling of completely unrelated to the book, tacky, overpriced tatt watches on the back of her ever schlocky sales pitches doesn't really give confidence.

She's vey dislikable, not to mention disingenuous, to my mind :mysmilie_59:

Oh I'd love the whole story (or not) on that one, Poo Poo didn't even mention she'd ever been at Garrards yesterday tsk

I see she was doing this in 2010 from her twitter: 'I was working on Ideal World tv selling charm bracelets (freelance job), got to bed 3am! glamour it ain't.'

Now that clown Paul B is on shouting like an idiot no further comment required selling that stupid water tube jesus wept do people buy this Carp as far as i am concerned they can stick their water tube and all their keep fit equipment where the sun dont shine rant over sorry folks.

Now that clown Paul B is on shouting like an idiot no further comment required selling that stupid water tube jesus wept do people buy this Carp as far as i am concerned they can stick their water tube and all their keep fit equipment where the sun dont shine rant over sorry folks.

Onto the bike now, Paul B and his wife were looking for these bikes a couple of years ago and they cost 2K each then!

Ideal for getting your water tube around :)

He's just asked Brittas how long it takes to charge the battery up on the bike........

'The battery comes half charged........'

What kind of answer is that?

Guessing that it could take as long as 8 hours to charge a fully-drained battery, because the cheap electric bikes advertised by Halfords have similar stated charge times. More expensive e-bikes can have much faster battery charging (4 hours or less) as well as potentially having a much greater travelling range. So basically Mr Brittas dodged the question because the answer may sound less than impressive.

As always, you nearly always get what you pay for, so you won't get the same kind of performance from something costing £499 delivered compared to something costing £1600+, but cheap e-bikes do have their uses as long as you're happy with what it can do. However once you've tried an electric bike you may want something with longer battery life and a faster charging time so it makes sense to do proper research first before spending money on something in order to avoid wanting to upgrade again within a matter of months when you've outgrown its limitations.

With regard to the Ted Baker comment, she is clearly aiming at people who may not be familiar with his style. My mum who is over 80 can spot a Ted Baker bag at 10 yards, she can recognise it easily, they are recognisable. It sounds good comparing IW stuff to a well known brand and many people would be impressed. But maybe not us on here.

I watched Howard (or was it Shaun? They are interchangeable to me) on a watch promo this morning and had to switch over..he was sitting down, gazing intently into the camera in close-up and giving us the benefit of his wisdom - it freaked me out. Talk about a scene from the Exorcist.

I watched Howard (or was it Shaun? They are interchangeable to me) on a watch promo this morning and had to switch over..he was sitting down, gazing intently into the camera in close-up and giving us the benefit of his wisdom - it freaked me out. Talk about a scene from the Exorcist.

They are easy to recognise. Howard is the really creepy one and Shaun is ... oh actually you may be right, I can't tell them apart either!

They are easy to recognise. Howard is the really creepy one and Shaun is ... oh actually you may be right, I can't tell them apart either!

Howard's the one with the squared-off face and a Welsh accent whilst Shaun has a Northern English accent and a beard. The beard's the easiest way of identification :mysmilie_59:

Nanty is shilling Gardening Guff with the appalling Angela, I'm guessing he can't stand her. He says : -

'Be quiet Angela! She's telling me the features of the furniture, I know the features! Thank you ever so much Angela, she's amazing'

Talk about a back handed compliment. I fancy he really means 'shut it and stop taking over MY SHOW, I'm the star' :mysmilie_15:

By the way, when did Angela Noghani become Angela Johnson?

Maybe she got married again? :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 13753

Could it be that IW are applying the call centre logic.... Johnson is more 'english' sounding than noghani... and their good ol racist custom won't buy when a noghani is on the screen.

nothing to do with the plants being **** of course.

On tonight's Kinkaide show, Gary Schaffer spoke about his love of the painter, saying how he experienced "Kinkaide feelings" .

These are not to be confused with kinky feelings, which are a completely different set of emotions entirely odd.jpg

On tonight's Kinkaide show, Gary Schaffer spoke about his love of the painter, saying how he experienced "Kinkaide feelings" .

These are not to be confused with kinky feelings, which are a completely different set of emotions entirely View attachment 13762

Ha Ha :mysmilie_14:

Of course we're often told by the goons that Kinkade is the most popular artist in the United States. Indeed more American homes have his art on display than of any other Artist.

But of course this is also the country that elected Donald Trump as President.

As much as I love our American cousins I'm not minded to take any taste lessons from them :mysmilie_59:

IMG_0006.jpgIMG_0005.jpg

Could it be that IW are applying the call centre logic.... Johnson is more 'english' sounding than noghani... and their good ol racist custom won't buy when a noghani is on the screen.

nothing to do with the plants being **** of course.

Offshore call centres apparently change staff names to make them easier to spell and remember for English speakers, though the assumption that Ideal World's regular customer base broadly speaking may be a bit more racist than average I think is a valid one :mysmilie_59:

I see bissell is now on qvc. Next we will be seeing vax on qvc next All iw will be selling is fashion and watches how boring.

Thought Fashion was on IW for 2 hours from 2pm,fashion was on until 2.30 ish,went to a break & Teeter Inversion Table came on,wonder why the Fashion suddenly disappeared.

Latest posts

Back