Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Jane plan again!!!!! This morning I giggled as I watched smug and snooty looking Jane open the microwave door and pull out "dinner". It was the look on her face that got me, it was if to say I'm a chef and look what I've created, then proceeded to pour a small plastic bowl full of slop into another slightly larger bowl...Mmm the pieces of chicken are so big in this you almost can't cut them...yeah right, I couldn't see anything that resembled a piece of chicken - It looked like dog food!

I'd love to see a spoof of this - "Wayne plan" cans of beer and microwave slop, lots of burping and swearing and stained acrylic clothing!

And I know the presenters have to sell the thing for nearly an hour but they kept going on about lots of choice when in reality you have no choice at all; once you've used up your favourites from the hamper you're left with the dog food that you may not be keen to eat at all.

No wonder you lose weight :mysmilie_59:

As ever IW and the bald fella as reliable and consistant as ever.

Less than 15 mins into an everest windows hour, the hard sell is well and truly rolled out............as the first demo flys straight into how easy it is for a would be burglar to get in to a house via a window (a non everest window) if its a certain type of window!

And as I type this without a word of a lie they now have a demo showing how easy said burglar could get in a (non) everest door.

But keep in mind all this has nothing at all ever ever ever to do with a sale, this is being shown to help all the lovely customers, would make you sick!! I honestly hope anyone who is vulnerable, elderly or easy persuaded isnt watching this pile of cack!

Tiick tock tick tock......how much longer?

As ever IW and the bald fella as reliable and consistant as ever.

Less than 15 mins into an everest windows hour, the hard sell is well and truly rolled out............as the first demo flys straight into how easy it is for a would be burglar to get in to a house via a window (a non everest window) if its a certain type of window!

And as I type this without a word of a lie they now have a demo showing how easy said burglar could get in a (non) everest door.

But keep in mind all this has nothing at all ever ever ever to do with a sale, this is being shown to help all the lovely customers, would make you sick!! I honestly hope anyone who is vulnerable, elderly or easy persuaded isnt watching this pile of cack!

Tiick tock tick tock......how much longer?

With Double Glazing companies having such a bad reputation for their sales practices it's hardly surprising that Everest would choose to have their eyewateringly overpriced products promoted by the genuinely appalling Mike Mason on Britain's schlockiest shopping channel.

It doesn't fill you with confidence to shell out thousands does it? :mysmilie_59:

IMG_0302.JPG

So now we have LITTLE GOLLUM and Kevski shilling yet more Mankey-Tosspot Timepieces.

Apparently the Roly* Model has (wait for it) a Ronda 705/3 movement. A quick Google search shows these very cheap Quartz movements cost anywhere from a mere £8 to around £25.

They honestly want £209 all in for this woeful watch.

Of course Kevski has been speaking to 'Alberto' and he has insisted that 'Alberto' makes the straps 'a little bit longer to suit a British Wrist'.

I suspect the only difference between a British Wrist and a Swiss Wrist is that no Swiss Wrist will ever, ever be seen sporting this tatt :mysmilie_59:

* Not to be confused with this Roly (Poly) Model IMG_0303.JPG

The £209 Roly will be a collector's piece in the future, according to good old Kevinski. I suppose the £600 automatic model will also be the same.
Now, here we have a Watch which looks like a decent diver at first look. Just a minute though, this Watch only has a depth rating of 50 meters! A proper diver would be at least 200 meters water resistant. And that rotating bezel is marked out in 24 hours, why? This Watch has no 24 hour hand, so that bezel configuration is pointless! Collectors item? Never!

On Monday, Kev introduced us to a new Watch brand, this time "Elliot Brown" in fact, the Cranford model. Kev told us this is an English Watch with no plastic parts. An English Watch with the word Swiss on the bottom of a the dial however. Curious?!

This post from Watchuseek tells more of the truth.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/elliot-brown-canford-3309922.html

The £209 Roly will be a collector's piece in the future, according to good old Kevinski. I suppose the £600 automatic model will also be the same.
Now, here we have a Watch which looks like a decent diver at first look. Just a minute though, this Watch only has a depth rating of 50 meters! A proper diver would be at least 200 meters water resistant. And that rotating bezel is marked out in 24 hours, why? This Watch has no 24 hour hand, so that bezel configuration is pointless! Collectors item? Never!

On Monday, Kev introduced us to a new Watch brand, this time "Elliot Brown" in fact, the Cranford model. Kev told us this is an English Watch with no plastic parts. An English Watch with the word Swiss on the bottom of a the dial however. Curious?!

This post from Watchuseek tells more of the truth.

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/elliot-brown-canford-3309922.html

It's clear that endless 'manufacturers' (they are not bona Fide Watch Makers) just keep cooking up mildly authentic sounding brand names, slap said name on far east sourced parts but occasionally assemble them in say Switzerland or Germany for added authenticity, and then charge punters accordingly.

I guess the buyer should take some responsibility but I have to say this behaviour is very schlocky, incredibly disingenuous and, regrettably, totally in keeping with the way Ideal World seems to now conduct business.

But as I've said before, these are surely not the practices of a thriving, transparent and decent retailer. It does suggest that this company is now in very serious trouble if this is what it has to do to make money.

What a terrible shame :mysmilie_59:

The bald fella simply says EVERYTHING is monstering out!

He keeps also saying "I must be honest" Thanks for that, we are all now filled with confidence, I would hate for a salesperson to not be honest to the public :thinking:

It's clear that endless 'manufacturers' (they are not bona Fide Watch Makers) just keep cooking up mildly authentic sounding brand names, slap said name on far east sourced parts but occasionally assemble them in say Switzerland or Germany for added authenticity, and then charge punters accordingly.

I guess the buyer should take some responsibility but I have to say this behaviour is very schlocky, incredibly disingenuous and, regrettably, totally in keeping with the way Ideal World seems to now conduct business.

But as I've said before, these are surely not the practices of a thriving, transparent and decent retailer. It does suggest that this company is now in very serious trouble if this is what it has to do to make money.

What a terrible shame :mysmilie_59:

Having seen the WatchUSeek forum there was an ad saying "Want to build your own watch brand?", namely there are companies that will design and build a watch to your requirements, though some watches like the aforementioned Elliot Brown are independent from Ideal World. I'm guessing Kevski works for a watch distributor that also offers a similar facility as well as handling Vostok Europe and other brands; he freely admits to having had involvement in the design of their Bermuda watches for one thing.

Having seen the WatchUSeek forum there was an ad saying "Want to build your own watch brand?", namely there are companies that will design and build a watch to your requirements, though some watches like the aforementioned Elliot Brown are independent from Ideal World. I'm guessing Kevski works for a watch distributor that also offers a similar facility as well as handling Vostok Europe and other brands; he freely admits to having had involvement in the design of their Bermuda watches for one thing.

Indeed.

There's nothing really 'wrong' with this from say the ASA's point of view, certainly not, but these watch sales and the 'Furniture' spew is a clear clarion call to what Ideal World is about now.

Kevski likes to talk of 'movements' but I wonder how many of the people who are clearly so uninformed (or hoodwinked) as to buy this tatt would actually have look? If they did they'd discover that many of the reviews of these normally run of the mill movements are as cheap as chips.

You can often buy them from as little as £8 and that's retail so how much do they cost wholesale? :mysmilie_59:

Last edited:
A good source for Watches for building your own Watch company is Million Smart in China. There is a good chance that dear old Kev gets a lot of his stock from there, as they produce 600,000 Watches each month. You choose what models you want to buy and the name that you want on the dials. Many so called mushroom brands come from there.

http://www.millionsmart.com/e/default_home.asp

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f72/what-millionsmart-147122.html

These are a good read.

It kind of sickens me that these shysters seem to get away with shilling these exorbitantly priced pieces.

As much as I maintain that the buyer should do some research I understand that some people cannot do this.

But make no mistake, it screams of a sinking ship. This is no way no build trust and loyalty, it looks to me like an outfit that's being ran by a private equity firm that solely cares about generating quick cash flow to pay off shareholders, which of course is exactly what it is.

It won't work long term, and they probably don't care about that. I'd give it 12 months, tops :mysmilie_59:

Mock Gok couldn't be in the studio for tonight's skin products so instead they showed a variety of clips, therefore perhaps even the whole show could have been prerecorded? Genpleaseleave said that they have "superior collagen" (as opposed to average or rubbish collagen presumably) as well as spouting the usual rubbish about making the skin look shiny, which it did but so would many other products before they dry on the skin.

Genpleaseleave is now on with Dormeo "brand ambassador" Dave who was inexplicably getting excited over their "blockbuster event" (he obviously needs to consult a psychiatrist), and everyone's buying one tonight including the producers in the gallery (allegedly). Apparently Dave 'discovered' Dormeo mattresses whilst travelling across Italy as a salesman, meaning that he must be the dullest person in the whole universe. Leaning Tower of Pisa? Michaelangelo? The romance of Venice? Nah, it's a certain brand of mattress for Dave :mysmilie_59:

And at 9pm tonight it's Perverse Pete with the Vibrapower...

Mock Gok couldn't be in the studio for tonight's skin products so instead they showed a variety of clips, therefore perhaps even the whole show could have been prerecorded? Genpleaseleave said that they have "superior collagen" (as opposed to average or rubbish collagen presumably) as well as spouting the usual rubbish about making the skin look shiny, which it did but so would many other products before they dry on the skin.

Genpleaseleave is now on with Dormeo "brand ambassador" Dave who was inexplicably getting excited over their "blockbuster event" (he obviously needs to consult a psychiatrist), and everyone's buying one tonight including the producers in the gallery (allegedly). Apparently Dave 'discovered' Dormeo mattresses whilst travelling across Italy as a salesman, meaning that he must be the dullest person in the whole universe. Leaning Tower of Pisa? Michaelangelo? The romance of Venice? Nah, it's a certain brand of mattress for Dave :mysmilie_59:

Ha Ha :mysmilie_14:

Of course Dopey Dormeo David is nothing directly to do with Dormeo really. They used to claim he was 'from' the company but it took us about a nanosecond to find out he's actually a jobbing actor (don't expect to recognise him from anything other than TV ads though).

I suspect he has a Silentnight mattress at home :mysmilie_59:

well I hope Peter ''The most uninteresting man in the world'' Vollbreght (spelling almost certainly incorrect) doesn't see how excited he was, next to his mrs.

Wish someone could stop that woman showing shadazzle laughing having ginger beard shaun getting excited at shadazzle lifting gravy from a bath is bad enough just waiting on him saying his mam cleans his bath with it shadazzle that is not his beard.

The watches hours are a load of disingenuous rubbish, but what gets me even more annoyed than thinking about where they get the carp watches "assembled" is when they go on and on about how they are collectors items. They imply that if you buy one, it can only increase in value. Er, I think there's more chance of hell freezing over.

Latest posts

Back