Random musings and general banter. - Page 829

Page 829 of 843 FirstFirst ... 329729779819827828829830831839 ... LastLast
Results 8,281 to 8,290 of 8429
    Post Thanks / Like

Came across this review from an "avid watch collector" who seems very unhappy with Peter Simon's conduct on the Vostok shows. He blames him for making the shows a laughing stock, and mentions how Peter had even referred to himself and Kevin Reynolds as "Beavis and Butthead". https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/idealworld.co.uk

Agreed, such a comparison may not be that flattering/professional, but then we should always remember that Peter Simon only ever "tells it like it is"...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B B.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	17283 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	watch.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	7.8 KB 
ID:	17284
    Likes Wirral70 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nanty is shilling a Beldray Hoover, he boasted of the 5 star reviews however, one of those reviews says : -

'My maid thinks it is the best hover 14 April 2019
    I have never used one of these things in my life but my maid thinks it is wonderful and she would highly recommend this product to all house hold staff and of course my chauffeur says that it works just as well for cleaning up the interior of the car as it does in one's home.
    SirWilliamAlexander'

I think someone's taking the p......
    Likes Evie , stratobuddy , Retrovertigo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sir William should know better, it is NOT a Hoover.
    Likes Evie , Wirral70 , Akimbo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

They're shilling another Pleather Chair for 899.99 with an eyewatering 75 Delivery Charge but if you use code 400400 you supposedly get 400 off.

But the trouble is the video on the website clearly proves they've already been shilling it for 499.99, with free platinum delivery.

They never tire of these schlocky tricks do they? I guess it's in their DNA

https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/product...=Homepage_Mini

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2019-05-24-18-04-14.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	19.7 KB 
ID:	17290
    Likes Evie , Retrovertigo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I love it when they say stuff like "don't forget, this is bonded leather".....makes me chuckle. It's like them working as a waiter and telling customers "don't forget, this is a s**t sandwich you are eating"
    Likes Wirral70 , Evie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Retrovertigo View Post
    I love it when they say stuff like "don't forget, this is bonded leather".....makes me chuckle. It's like them working as a waiter and telling customers "don't forget, this is a s**t sandwich you are eating"
    I know, they're full of it!

On the website it says to use a Damp Cloth to clean, or the Leather Care Kit. I think just a Damp Cloth should be fine

Post Thanks / Like

Oh god....Vol au vent last night with the iPhone 7. Shows him casting it to a TV and comes out with "and look, you can show what you are doing on your TV screen using a dongle. Thanks to Apple making the hardware and the software"

The two things completely unrelated of course, having nothing to do with casting to the TV screen. Then another doozy "the power of this phone and the things it can do, look at this"...and proceeds to open Google Earth Yeah that is amazing what an Apple iPhone can do, thanks to their rivals software....what an idiot.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Retrovertigo View Post
    Oh god....Vol au vent last night with the iPhone 7. Shows him casting it to a TV and comes out with "and look, you can show what you are doing on your TV screen using a dongle. Thanks to Apple making the hardware and the software"

The two things completely unrelated of course, having nothing to do with casting to the TV screen. Then another doozy "the power of this phone and the things it can do, look at this"...and proceeds to open Google Earth Yeah that is amazing what an Apple iPhone can do, thanks to their rivals software....what an idiot.
    At least (when I was watching) we got a tour of the Ideal World building via shakycam; most of it just looks like any anonymous modern office building complete with long corridors and large open plan area, apart from the control gallery section with its large bank of switches and monitors. See for yourself towards the end of the presentation: https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/shows/a...585?channel=IW

Also Peter Simon will be presenting a show at 4pm today with someone called Imran Sattar; fingers crossed he's on his best behaviour therefore won't call him Imran Sitar by accident
    Likes Retrovertigo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

They are all coming out with how wonderful the Iphone is, Denise last night was basically saying all other phones are sh1t , Nanty said has has had a Iphone for over 10 years,

It can cast to a tv with a dongle they say , they fail to mention that you need Apple TV that will set you back 140 , android phones will cast for free !
    Likes Susie Wusie , Retrovertigo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Chompers Crawley "we are really worried now that the stock won't last"

Mate, if you are worried about selling out of stock, you're in the wrong game. The whole point is to sell stock you nobrot
    Likes MrMarple , Susie Wusie liked this post