Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

From memory, Mike 'Gollum' Mason appears to be by far the worst offender when it comes to that sort of thing, cheerfully encouraging viewers to use it/abuse it "and if you don't like it just send it back and we'll give you a full refund". And management do nothing to restrain these occasionally erroneous claims, therefore in theory there's a court case waiting to happen as long as buyers record the very show that told them to do this.

I flirted with car sales many moons ago and tbh only lasted a few months as I definitely wasn't cut out for it. I remember in a sales meeting the sales manager said along the following lines to us ...

'Get them to sign, just get them to sign. If they can't afford it that's not your problem, that's their problem, convince them they 'can' afford it. Numbers numbers NUMBERS guys!!!'

It wasn't unusual to see a car going out only to see it return on the back of a transporter x months later ... repossessed.

MM: "guys, this is the 'won't last the hour' time" we are past meltdown and more than 80% of the stock has now gone"

Me watching the repeat show 'hmmmm, let me check the website' ….oh, the drone is still available and I can order up to 3 if I want

Gollum can't resist his meltdown sloblocks can he?

Another great moment as well with shouty Dire once again proclaiming the amazing stability of the cheapo drone. Lets go of it and it immediately drifts about 6 feet away from him. He keeps a straight face saying how amazing the stability is. Why does it never drift into his gob?

MM: "guys, this is the 'won't last the hour' time" we are past meltdown and more than 80% of the stock has now gone"

Me watching the repeat show 'hmmmm, let me check the website' ….oh, the drone is still available and I can order up to 3 if I want

Gollum can't resist his meltdown sloblocks can he?

Another great moment as well with shouty Dire once again proclaiming the amazing stability of the cheapo drone. Lets go of it and it immediately drifts about 6 feet away from him. He keeps a straight face saying how amazing the stability is. Why does it never drift into his gob?

I bought the same drone as the one Mire was selling this weekend from the internet last year for around £30, so the give away price of £50on Ideal was from being a bargain.

I like the way Mire says if the wind catches the drone it maintains it's altitude. This may be true, but in a strong gust, it may maintain it's altitude, but that won't prevent it from being blown away as it's as light as a feather.

While watching dear old Pete and Kevski a couple of nights ago, the deal of the day was a diver's watch with a simple printed horrible green colour dial which was a limited edition of 50 and priced at a whopping £700. In the last hour of the one day deal, Pete announced that there were only 7 left, so you must go to the phones. Here we are a couple of days later and they are still on the web site, now at £1000.
So they couldn't sell a mere 50 in 24 hours at £700. Not really surprising given the price for a watch with a printed dial. There comes a point where even the most eager Ideal watch buyers won't be taken!

While watching dear old Pete and Kevski a couple of nights ago, the deal of the day was a diver's watch with a simple printed horrible green colour dial which was a limited edition of 50 and priced at a whopping £700. In the last hour of the one day deal, Pete announced that there were only 7 left, so you must go to the phones. Here we are a couple of days later and they are still on the web site, now at £1000.
So they couldn't sell a mere 50 in 24 hours at £700. Not really surprising given the price for a watch with a printed dial. There comes a point where even the most eager Ideal watch buyers won't be taken!

On Saturday during the 7pm watch show, Pete & Kevski were selling those Traser watches with the bright dial markings, and Kevski was saying that Traser "hadn't thought of TV shopping"..."and they hadn't seen it done in the professional finished way that we do it here":mysmilie_15:

See it at 31:00 here: https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/shows/collectable-timepieces-last-2742047?channel=IW

Of course this is from a shopping TV channel employing a presenter who kept mispronouncing Traser as 'Trasar', and later on forgot the name of the Traser owner's partner of whom he referred to as "the other lady" :mysmilie_59:

Mr Mason was prenting a hair removal show last night with some gizmo or other.
The hairy lady demonstrating it expained how she has tried everything in the world bar a blow lamp and sandpaper and the whhoped with delight when she found the device she was showing us.
She said that she felt " Like Gollum from the rings my precious ".
oops :mysmilie_17::mysmilie_17::mysmilie_17:

Dire is beyond the pale

"This is going so fast" one off no it aint pal the same show you did Sunday and no doubt countless times since

Denise seems confused get this drone for your "big boy toy" for xmas. Maybe a new product idea for Ideal there...

Tonight they even had a decent phone to sell - the Sony Xperia XZ2 - which made a change from the STK landfill they often feature, so it was no surprise that Volauvent and his poorly-packed suitcase were firmly left at home this time. However the £499.99 price may well be £50 cheaper than Argos and the Carphone Warehouse but there are other even more modern smartphones available for the same price, though of course the Flexi-pay option is the real selling point here for potential buyers.

Tonight they even had a decent phone to sell - the Sony Xperia XZ2 - which made a change from the STK landfill they often feature, so it was no surprise that Volauvent and his poorly-packed suitcase were firmly left at home this time. However the £499.99 price may well be £50 cheaper than Argos and the Carphone Warehouse but there are other even more modern smartphones available for the same price, though of course the Flexi-pay option is the real selling point here for potential buyers.

just watched a bit of the Sony phone expert. She said it records in 'high definition range'. Incorrect, it's 'high dynamic range'. I don't know where they find their so called experts!

just watched a bit of the Sony phone expert. She said it records in 'high definition range'. Incorrect, it's 'high dynamic range'. I don't know where they find their so called experts!

Yes I saw that and thought, WTF? Also, who is this Lesley G. I don't trust people with only letters as surnames. Well except Mr T. I pity the fool who doesn't trust Mr T.

She says she has 10 years experience and Mike slaphead pretended he had already heard of her. I take it she is the new Janice?

Anybody looking for a decent phone at the moment, and doesn't want to pay much, could do a lot worse than the Nokia Android 8 phone on QVC for £140.

I've got the Nokia 7.1, which granted is more expensive, but it's a lovely piece of kit. Nokia phones are good value at the moment.

There was also a point where they were talking about the processor in the phone and Mike proclaimed it was a Snapdragon 845 and he had actually heard of it! According to Mike (and uncorrected by the 'expert') it was almost unheard of this chip to be put in a phone and it was better suited to laptops and the like!

No, you plank, it's a dedicated mobile phone chip (albeit this years model) which is present in the vast majority of 'high-end' Android devices released this year.

There was also a point where they were talking about the processor in the phone and Mike proclaimed it was a Snapdragon 845 and he had actually heard of it! According to Mike (and uncorrected by the 'expert') it was almost unheard of this chip to be put in a phone and it was better suited to laptops and the like!

No, you plank, it's a dedicated mobile phone chip (albeit this years model) which is present in the vast majority of 'high-end' Android devices released this year.

All selly tele channels tend to exaggerate, but IW take bullshit to a whole new level.

By the way, just had a phone call from IW about their savings club yet again. I told them to never ring me about it ever again. Hope they take note!

Yes I saw that and thought, WTF? Also, who is this Lesley G. I don't trust people with only letters as surnames. Well except Mr T. I pity the fool who doesn't trust Mr T.

She says she has 10 years experience and Mike slaphead pretended he had already heard of her. I take it she is the new Janice?

He probably has heard of her and seen her many times, she's probably out of their office.....

I remember Volauvent being almost delirious with joy when he introduced the previously unknown Wiley Fox phone, promoting it as though it was a breathtaking revolution in mobile technology.

It's possible he was scheduled for the Sony show, but being so easily impressed, this latest phone may well have sent him over the edge... stret.jpg

Saw a Moira C scarf stand (and I mean 1 stand) in the middle of a fill-in bit between the Grafton Centre and the rest of the 'old' shops in Cambridge today. I think it was being run by one of the daughters ..

Must have had a big fall out with IW ..

Lesley G = Lesley Goon?. If she has 10 years experience it could be in BS’ing.

I think their Christmas items are average/poor. It kinda reminds me of the Woolies closing down sale :mysmilie_59:

Crawley is quite something

on now with the KRUPS coffee machine

"We used to sell another brand similar was about £1200, that wasnt very good compared to this"

How to alienate customers you told a year ago the other brand was the bees knees.

Then tells us this machine only has 5 star reviews. average rating is actually 3.5 from 10 reviews but hey who needs details.

Seems it breaks regularly and surprise surprise Ideal aftersales is shocking.

Latest posts

Back