Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Came across this review from an "avid watch collector" who seems very unhappy with Peter Simon's conduct on the Vostok shows. He blames him for making the shows a laughing stock, and mentions how Peter had even referred to himself and Kevin Reynolds as "Beavis and Butthead". https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/idealworld.co.uk

Agreed, such a comparison may not be that flattering/professional, but then we should always remember that Peter Simon only ever "tells it like it is"... B B.jpg watch.jpg

Nanty is shilling a Beldray Hoover, he boasted of the 5 star reviews however, one of those reviews says : -

'My maid thinks it is the best hover 14 April 2019
I have never used one of these things in my life but my maid thinks it is wonderful and she would highly recommend this product to all house hold staff and of course my chauffeur says that it works just as well for cleaning up the interior of the car as it does in one's home.
SirWilliamAlexander'

I think someone's taking the p...... :mysmilie_59:

They're shilling another Pleather Chair for £899.99 with an eyewatering £75 Delivery Charge but if you use code 400400 you supposedly get £400 off.

But the trouble is the video on the website clearly proves they've already been shilling it for £499.99, with free platinum delivery.

They never tire of these schlocky tricks do they? I guess it's in their DNA :mysmilie_59:

https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/product/426677?icn=super-voucher-chicago-bonded-leather-rise-and-recliner-chair-Homepage-Mini&ici=Homepage_Mini

Screenshot_2019-05-24-18-04-14.jpg

I love it when they say stuff like "don't forget, this is bonded leather".....makes me chuckle. It's like them working as a waiter and telling customers "don't forget, this is a s**t sandwich you are eating"

I love it when they say stuff like "don't forget, this is bonded leather".....makes me chuckle. It's like them working as a waiter and telling customers "don't forget, this is a s**t sandwich you are eating"

I know, they're full of it!

On the website it says to use a Damp Cloth to clean, or the Leather Care Kit. I think just a Damp Cloth should be fine :mysmilie_59:

Oh god....Vol au vent last night with the iPhone 7. Shows him casting it to a TV and comes out with "and look, you can show what you are doing on your TV screen using a dongle. Thanks to Apple making the hardware and the software"

The two things completely unrelated of course, having nothing to do with casting to the TV screen. Then another doozy "the power of this phone and the things it can do, look at this"...and proceeds to open Google Earth :mysmilie_19: Yeah that is amazing what an Apple iPhone can do, thanks to their rivals software....what an idiot.

Oh god....Vol au vent last night with the iPhone 7. Shows him casting it to a TV and comes out with "and look, you can show what you are doing on your TV screen using a dongle. Thanks to Apple making the hardware and the software"

The two things completely unrelated of course, having nothing to do with casting to the TV screen. Then another doozy "the power of this phone and the things it can do, look at this"...and proceeds to open Google Earth :mysmilie_19: Yeah that is amazing what an Apple iPhone can do, thanks to their rivals software....what an idiot.

At least (when I was watching) we got a tour of the Ideal World building via shakycam; most of it just looks like any anonymous modern office building complete with long corridors and large open plan area, apart from the control gallery section with its large bank of switches and monitors. See for yourself towards the end of the presentation: https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/shows/apple-iphone-special-2763585?channel=IW

Also Peter Simon will be presenting a show at 4pm today with someone called Imran Sattar; fingers crossed he's on his best behaviour therefore won't call him Imran Sitar by accident :mysmilie_59:

They are all coming out with how wonderful the Iphone is, Denise last night was basically saying all other phones are sh1t , Nanty said has has had a Iphone for over 10 years,

It can cast to a tv with a dongle they say , they fail to mention that you need Apple TV that will set you back £140 , android phones will cast for free !

Chompers Crawley "we are really worried now that the stock won't last"

Mate, if you are worried about selling out of stock, you're in the wrong game. The whole point is to sell stock you nobrot

So they're all saying how wonderful the iPhone is, so why do they try to sell so many craphones that are the latest in technology blah blah blah blah blah.

By the way Simon bought the i phone he must have believed the b******t he was talking

They don't really buy the stuff -they just pretend.
I wonder if they go to special classes to practice the look of ecstasy they have to assume when they recline in the plastic chairs.

Caught part of a repeat show of the iPhone 7 yesterday. Kept watching because Gollum was presenting, and I was waiting for him to say exactly what I was expecting and he didn't disappoint....

G: "I have had an iPhone for years. I love it and just couldn't imagine being without it. I've been offered other phones but they just don't come close"

Obviously I'm paraphrasing, but the joy of hearing him say that was worth listening to his ridiculous voice and stream of bulls**t. How many times has he presented other phones and tried to convince people that they are worth several hundred pounds, and he wishes he had one? I know it is obvious lies he tells, but to actually come out when talking about the iPhone and say it.....don't viewers catch on to this crap and realise what a gobshite he is????

wouldn’t it be brilliant if a compilation could be made with all his contradictions and lies

If there was a compilation made, I doubt there would be enough time in the world for us all to watch it! :mysmilie_59:

Ha Ha, too right Dave!

When he was on Bid he reckoned he'd bought some shatty Wrist Phone that they were shilling. Forumites on here called it the Star Trek Phone, it was tatt, pure Gollum Bull.

I suppose the only way they shift the iPhone's is because of Flexipay but at least it's a quite decent phone, even if it's a ripoff :mysmilie_59:

(For balance QVC are also uber ripoff merchants when selling Apple products on Easypay, that Lee character is a BS'ing Schmoe!)

Ha Ha, too right Dave!

When he was on Bid he reckoned he'd bought some shatty Wrist Phone that they were shilling. Forumites on here called it the Star Trek Phone, it was tatt, pure Gollum Bull.

I suppose the only way they shift the iPhone's is because of Flexipay but at least it's a quite decent phone, even if it's a ripoff :mysmilie_59:

(For balance QVC are also uber ripoff merchants when selling Apple products on Easypay, that Lee character is a BS'ing Schmoe!)

I can't change channels fast enough when Lee appears on QVC (there's something really annoying about him generally speaking), though Craig isn't that bad despite being despised quite a bit on the QVC section of this forum; perhaps my standards have been lowered through exposure to Ideal World (and Bid TV before it) :mysmilie_59:

And talking of other channels I noticed recently that they were selling the Luggie mobility scooter of all things on Create and Craft, helpfully inclúding a load of crafting paraphernalia in the background in an attempt to keep regular viewers 'happy'.

Ha Ha, too right Dave!

I remember that wrist phone on Bid that Mike Mason claimed he had bought -he said the only reason he didn't wear it while he was presenting is because he wasn't allowed to for technical reasons !
This is why I love shopping telly !

Lee Hohbein on QVC is such a massive bull merchant. I know people who are less than qualified for the jobs they do, but have "the gift of the gab" and have blagged their way into all sorts of jobs they really weren't qualified for. That must be how he did it, because his knowledge of products isn't great, and you can tell he has just sat and read any sales blurb etc that he can and memorised it.

I don't know if anybpdy from here saw my post in the QVC section, but Hohbein was shilling a Samsung TV on QVC as a todays special value, and I saw on Twitter somebody ask if it was a basic model. Hohbein jumps in "of course not"....which was nonsense as it was one of Samsungs cheapest TV's.

I posted a reply to the customer telling them as such. Hohbein came back with what was clearly something he had read online and repeated...about HDR10+....and I pointed out he was wrong, and he banned me from his Twitter account. I wasn't following him, this all came about because I was following the QVC twitter feed.

The man who professes to "love talking to people on social media and answering questions", didn't like it one bit when somebody pointed out he was wrong. And of course was trying to stop me from helping a customer make a mistake. Awful man.....really quite odious.

I posted on Facebook about this, on QVC's page, and blocked Hohbein on Facebook so that he couldn't reply to my warning message :D

Latest posts

Back