Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sick of all these endless watch presentations! I can't remember IW ever selling watches. Ok, it's great that they've moved on from the days where you tuned in and it was either a pressure washer, a garden hose or a halogen oven and perhaps the odd few items of acrylic clothing - but perhaps then you could say "what you see is what you get!" Now there's shonky watches, shonky skincare, shonky jewellery, shonky chairs and even more shonky presenters - see a pattern there?! They're disappearing down the tubes rapidly!

Oh god.....that vile drill bit demo bloke is on. Trying his best to act as he keeps banging on how people shouldn't buy the drill bits now as they are too cheap compared to what he sells at trade shows. Yeah right!

Wasn't paying attention earlier when nasal boy was doing the vajazzle cleaning stuff...or whatever it was called. Although I wasn't paying attention, I swear he claimed the 3 extra sponge applicators included would be worth something like £15 on their own as he totted up the "saving" you would make.

I kid you not, they were actually selling sh*t a minute ago! Bags of horse manure...this is the bespoke manure, fresh from the horses' backside manure...just when you think you'd seen it all!

Oh god.....that vile drill bit demo bloke is on. Trying his best to act as he keeps banging on how people shouldn't buy the drill bits now as they are too cheap compared to what he sells at trade shows. Yeah right!

Wasn't paying attention earlier when nasal boy was doing the vajazzle cleaning stuff...or whatever it was called. Although I wasn't paying attention, I swear he claimed the 3 extra sponge applicators included would be worth something like £15 on their own as he totted up the "saving" you would make.

That always makes me laugh! It's a long standing joke on here that they try to charge £3 for a crappy little sponge then expect us to pay another couple of quid for postage....serioulsy they're worth about tuppence ha'penny, but they seriously need to change the word "worth" to "cost"!

Lets not forget, Nan Nanty Nan, "actually isnt being funny" he loves to promote the fact he is never actually being funny :mysmilie_19:

Do you have an unwell or near to death friend, relative or neighbour? Please send the stories to IW world and it may get read out on the next Luggy mobility scooter hour, or the dormeo matress hour or the gardening hour, or maybe even the driill bits show :confused: if Nan Nanty is on any of the hours it may help him flog a little bit more with a sad tale added to the sale!

Mock Gok couldn't be in the studio for tonight's skin products so instead they showed a variety of clips, therefore perhaps even the whole show could have been prerecorded? Genpleaseleave said that they have "superior collagen" (as opposed to average or rubbish collagen presumably) as well as spouting the usual rubbish about making the skin look shiny, which it did but so would many other products before they dry on the skin.

Genpleaseleave is now on with Dormeo "brand ambassador" Dave who was inexplicably getting excited over their "blockbuster event" (he obviously needs to consult a psychiatrist), and everyone's buying one tonight including the producers in the gallery (allegedly). Apparently Dave 'discovered' Dormeo mattresses whilst travelling across Italy as a salesman, meaning that he must be the dullest person in the whole universe. Leaning Tower of Pisa? Michaelangelo? The romance of Venice? Nah, it's a certain brand of mattress for Dave :mysmilie_59:

And at 9pm tonight it's Perverse Pete with the Vibrapower...

DISCLAIMER
On behalf of myself "Dave", I can exclusively reveal, the named numpty "Dave" above is not me, never has, or ever will be buying said Mattress, even from the shclocky mob known as Ideal World (Ideal,,, I don't think so!). :mysmilie_59:

Lets not forget, Nan Nanty Nan, "actually isnt being funny" he loves to promote the fact he is never actually being funny :mysmilie_19:

Do you have an unwell or near to death friend, relative or neighbour? Please send the stories to IW world and it may get read out on the next Luggy mobility scooter hour, or the dormeo matress hour or the gardening hour, or maybe even the driill bits show :confused: if Nan Nanty is on any of the hours it may help him flog a little bit more with a sad tale added to the sale!

I love the promo for the luggie, when they say, "travel around the world on the luggie". :mysmilie_17:

I kid you not, they were actually selling sh*t a minute ago! Bags of horse manure...this is the bespoke manure, fresh from the horses' backside manure...just when you think you'd seen it all!

I wouldn't be surprised if they claimed they discovered their miracle sh*te at the bottom of the ocean.

It's called Dungelumn (TM). It can turn scorched earth into a Crown Bowling Green :mysmilie_59:

IMG_0304.JPG
Before Dungelumn (TM)
IMG_0305.JPG
After Dungelumn (TM)

I see that yet more airtime is being given over to advertising.

They will now promote (and I kid you not) Cars that's have been adapted for use by people with disabilities.

So cue Nanty 'I just wish we could have got one of these Cars for Me Dad for when I sent him to pick up my false tan'

I suspect it won't be too long before most of their hours will be given over to informercials.

Soon followed by a testcard :mysmilie_59:

IMG_0306.jpg

I don't mind some of the infomercials.....I'll get me coat! I know a lot of them can be incredibly boring, but some of them are hilarious, especially when it comes to kitchen equipment, they'll show some poor woman mopping her brow as she tries to peel and cut potatoes with what looks like a butter knife, or nursing a cut finger from trying to cut a tomato that's sliding all over the place, or standing at the kitchen sink with bubbles up to the elbows - then cut to the wonder gadget that peels and cuts everything at the flick of a switch and then just pops into the dishwasher for "such easy clean up"! Even don't mind those totally mental exercise dvds either, when it's so obvious it's gonna be really difficult for anyone over the age of 30 to keep up with, learn the moves and if you don't live in a warehouse....or at the very least a mansion - forget it...no good for a fifty something in an upstairs flat...but funny nonetheless!

I don't mind some of the infomercials.....I'll get me coat! I know a lot of them can be incredibly boring, but some of them are hilarious, especially when it comes to kitchen equipment, they'll show some poor woman mopping her brow as she tries to peel and cut potatoes with what looks like a butter knife, or nursing a cut finger from trying to cut a tomato that's sliding all over the place, or standing at the kitchen sink with bubbles up to the elbows - then cut to the wonder gadget that peels and cuts everything at the flick of a switch and then just pops into the dishwasher for "such easy clean up"! Even don't mind those totally mental exercise dvds either, when it's so obvious it's gonna be really difficult for anyone over the age of 30 to keep up with, learn the moves and if you don't live in a warehouse....or at the very least a mansion - forget it...no good for a fifty something in an upstairs flat...but funny nonetheless!

Aren't 'infomercials' so funny Merry? Have you seen the Food Saver one with Nanty's friend Beefi Keefi?

Of course I always thought Ideal World was a mainstream and live shopping channel but now, it might seem, that things are so bad it pays more to promote other retail offers than their own.

Sinking fast? :mysmilie_59:

Love it! :mysmilie_19::mysmilie_19: But don't give them ideas, or they'll be using this statement on the next promo!!!
I wouldn't be surprised if they claimed they discovered their miracle sh*te at the bottom of the ocean.

It's called Dungelumn (TM). It can turn scorched earth into a Crown Bowling Green :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 13566
Before Dungelumn (TM)
View attachment 13567
After Dungelumn (TM)

Wirral, are you sure this shouldn't read "..when I sent him to pick up my false teeth"!? In fact, I've just given IW another idea on what to flog....cut out the middle man (the dentist) and get them direct from IW. :mysmilie_17:
I see that yet more airtime is being given over to advertising.

They will now promote (and I kid you not) Cars that's have been adapted for use by people with disabilities.

So cue Nanty 'I just wish we could have got one of these Cars for Me Dad for when I sent him to pick up my false tan'
I suspect it won't be too long before most of their hours will be given over to informercials.

Soon followed by a testcard :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 13568

I always miss out on the shadazzle shows... I feel like you haven't seen much in life if you haven't seen gravy granules (substituting for months old dirt) being rinsed off of trays.

I always miss out on the shadazzle shows... I feel like you haven't seen much in life if you haven't seen gravy granules (substituting for months old dirt) being rinsed off of trays.

Hang on...they're selling Shadazzle today?!?!?

But...but...only yesterday evening during their so-called 'blockbuster event' they displayed a caption saying that they had sold out of Shadazzle as well as Spray and Leave.

I mean they wouldn't lie would they :mysmilie_59:

Also can't wait to see Peter Simon selling the hot tubs Ideal World are going to introduce :mysmilie_59:

Last edited:

But...but...only yesterday evening during their so-called 'blockbuster event' they displayed a caption saying that they had sold out of Shadazzle as well as Spray and Leave.

Also can't wait to see Peter Simon selling the hot tubs Ideal World are going to introduce :mysmilie_59:

Ooooh the possibilities for the old duffer will be endless!

Wirral, are you sure this shouldn't read "..when I sent him to pick up my false teeth"!? In fact, I've just given IW another idea on what to flog....cut out the middle man (the dentist) and get them direct from IW. :mysmilie_17:

Ha Ha :mysmilie_15:

I agree, how about Fabulift False Teeth? (look younger from inside out, no good for 'Chef' William's cooking though).

I've long been expecting a Luxury Commodes featuring Bonded Leather Seats 'show'. This would be perfect for Creepy Crawley, he's full of sh.........

And I'm thinking Hip Replacements on Flexipay.

Funeral Plans? :mysmilie_59:

IMG_0309.JPGIMG_0310.JPG

And there's even more informercials on the way. Now they're shilling HOT TUBS from The Hot Tub Superstore (who else?).

You could get your very own spa home from as little as £93.65 per month plus no deposit required and free UK mainland delivery and installation and interest free for 4 years.

Maybe they can't fill their airtime anymore? :mysmilie_59:

Also can't wait to see Peter Simon selling the hot tubs Ideal World are going to introduce
:mysmilie_59:

Can you imagine it?Mucky old Pete splashing about in the tub with a few scantily clad 'models'.God only knows where his hands would be."oooh lost me soap!!!!". "Just buy it . It's flying out".Ewwwhhh!!!!

Latest posts

Back