Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Are Ideal World somehow connected (own?) to The Furniture Collection? I did a quick google and the only exact match for furniture collection comes up as a company that was closed down last year sometime. Have they perhaps taken over the name and then have that company named above making chairs for them?Do they have to declare if they have ties to the company?

I notice that these bonded leather chairs are one of the few items that the presenters don't claim they have bought multiple instances of :)

Screaming Jacks has bought at least a dozen of everything they sell but has she ever said she has bought these chairs?

Bizarro Howard keeps referring to flying on Concord as somehow being similar to sitting in one of these chairs. He also said he worked for Helter Skelter - I can't shake the feeling he means he has ties to Charles Manson when he says that!

QVC never say they own the Tova, Laura Geller, Nina Leonard brands. And possibly (almost definitely!) the Yong Kim label, too.

So I don't think it's a big thing. And to be fair, I wouldn't want to admit to producing that load of overpriced kak, either.

And Pooward being an ex-member of the Manson Family would explain a lot.

Are Ideal World somehow connected (own?) to The Furniture Collection? I did a quick google and the only exact match for furniture collection comes up as a company that was closed down last year sometime. Have they perhaps taken over the name and then have that company named above making chairs for them?Do they have to declare if they have ties to the company?

I notice that these bonded leather chairs are one of the few items that the presenters don't claim they have bought multiple instances of :)

Screaming Jacks has bought at least a dozen of everything they sell but has she ever said she has bought these chairs?

Bizarro Howard keeps referring to flying on Concord as somehow being similar to sitting in one of these chairs. He also said he worked for Helter Skelter - I can't shake the feeling he means he has ties to Charles Manson when he says that!

Yes I think they tend not to boast about owning multiples of these chairs . Although Pete o have mentioned having a couple.As to Howard -a very strange character. Did he work at Helter Skelter raves?Manning the decks as the MC?Whatever ,it's nothing to do with bonded leather chairs which I cannot imagine would bare any resemblance to the seating in the luxury environment of Concorde which has been decommissioned for ages.He would probably have spent most of the time trying out the luxurious bogs anyway.

images-3.jpg
I

Attachments

• 2017-04-23-22-14-43-2003557223.jpeg
    2017-04-23-22-14-43-2003557223.jpeg
    7.8 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:

Last night SHREQUE claimed that he'd bought the Grey Chair. It's just a hunch but I suspect this wasn't necessarily true.

And Nanty, ever disingenuously, centred on the fact that when 'he' bought an Italian Sofa it took weeks to be delivered but that the Plastic Fantastica will arrive in days.

So what he's actually saying is that instead of buying housewares from Ideal World he buys Italian Sofas from elsewhere, and he buys his Curtains from John Lewis, Next and M&S.

'I' don't blame 'him' for buying stuff elsewhere for 'his' house :mysmilie_59:

QVC never say they own the Tova, Laura Geller, Nina Leonard brands. And possibly (almost definitely!) the Yong Kim label, too.

So I don't think it's a big thing. And to be fair, I wouldn't want to admit to producing that load of overpriced kak, either.

And Pooward being an ex-member of the Manson Family would explain a lot.

I doubt there's any such brand as 'Furniture Collection', I'd bet the name doesn't appear anywhere on the actual products, It's more than possible it's just a name they've adopted themselves to 'showcase' this line.

I'm guessing they're just generic, Far East manufactured white label goods. And from the reviews it's pretty obvious most punters have no idea what Bonded 'Leather' actually is which is understandable as Ideal world have never once, either on air or on line, explained what it is.

They even 'appear' to sell an accompanying 'Leather' cleaner, it's not immediately clear whether they are suggesting it's to use on this furniture though. When I've seen it offered they just seem to be selling it during the same 'show', so shady!

So this line is seriously overpriced. Exactly the same products appear to be available from a multitude of internet retailers but for at least 25% less, and often more.

Of course the schtick to shift this incredibly cheap merchandise is offering Flexipay to 'absolutely anyone' :mysmilie_59:

I doubt there's any such brand as 'Furniture Collection', I'd bet the name doesn't appear anywhere on the actual products, It's more than possible it's just a name they've adopted themselves to 'showcase' this line.

I'm guessing they're just generic, Far East manufactured white label goods. And from the reviews it's pretty obvious most punters have no idea what Bonded 'Leather' actually is which is understandable as Ideal world have never once, either on air or on line, explained what it is.

They even 'appear' to sell an accompanying 'Leather' cleaner, it's not immediately clear whether they are suggesting it's to use on this furniture though. When I've seen it offered they just seem to be selling it during the same 'show', so shady!

So this line is seriously overpriced. Exactly the same products appear to be available from a multitude of internet retailers but for at least 25% less, and often more.

Of course the schtick to shift this incredibly cheap merchandise is offering Flexipay to 'absolutely anyone' :mysmilie_59:

Leather cleaner my a**.Probably watered down Shadazzle.

The E-bike show with shifty mummy's boy Shaun has made me wonder.Has he got one of these for his mam? Fig face has abandoned his shorts and donned his helmet to offer his expertise in this area.Even Crawley has given his seal of approval for this item.With these well known stars giving honest testimonials,don't you think we should all buy at least one?(on flexipay)

Paul Becque suggested that purchasers of the chair buy the leather cleaner as it was 'once a living breathing hide and needs nourishing'.
This claim is demonstrably untrue as bonded leather is not a leather product but rather a by product. Such irresponsible claims could get them into trouble -Ideal World please take note!
On a lighter note a couple of weeks ago Dmitri the Skinn man started slagging of Elizabeth Grant !!!!
He said his products don't contain make believe ingredients like the manufacturer who claims that their product cured bomb blast damage for it's founder. He said that if such a claim were true it would not be a cosmetic but a drug !!!!!
His co-presenter at the time was Sally Klaxxon whose face froze in horror and for a few seconds she was literally unable to screech.
I wonder if we'll be seeing Dmitri on Ideal World again.

Paul Becque suggested that purchasers of the chair buy the leather cleaner as it was 'once a living breathing hide and needs nourishing'.
This claim is demonstrably untrue as bonded leather is not a leather product but rather a by product. Such irresponsible claims could get them into trouble -Ideal World please take note!
On a lighter note a couple of weeks ago Dmitri the Skinn man started slagging of Elizabeth Grant !!!!
He said his products don't contain make believe ingredients like the manufacturer who claims that their product cured bomb blast damage for it's founder. He said that if such a claim were true it would not be a cosmetic but a drug !!!!!
His co-presenter at the time was Sally Klaxxon whose face froze in horror and for a few seconds she was literally unable to screech.
I wonder if we'll be seeing Dmitri on Ideal World again.

Class! :mysmilie_19:

It might be of interest to forumites to know that Dimitri's potions are up against old Lizzies potions on various shopping channels in Australia, Canada and the US.

But of course he's right regarding the 'healing' claims. Well, sort of.

Somewhere within Lizzies 'story' there'll be a shred of truth in the fanciful Torricelumn (TM) drivel but as Torricelumn (TM) isn't 'a' thing it could merely mean it contains 0.00000000001% of one of the single ingredients that was part of some long since jibbed treatment that was used in Hospitals 70 years ago. And that one single 'thing' could literally just be air, or water, or absolute anything you care to think of really.

There is no such 'thing' as Torricelumn (TM). It doesnt, didn't, and never will really exist. It's just a silly sounding, made up word, to describe 'something', a bit like Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

If you're unlucky enough to get burned I bet your Quack won't write you a Prescription for Torricelumn (TM) :mysmilie_59:

Class! :mysmilie_19:

It might be of interest to forumites to know that Dimitri's potions are up against old Lizzies potions on various shopping channels in Australia, Canada and the US.

But of course he's right regarding the 'healing' claims. Well, sort of.

Somewhere within Lizzies 'story' there'll be a shred of truth in the fanciful Torricelumn (TM) drivel but as Torricelumn (TM) isn't 'a' thing it could merely mean it contains 0.00000000001% of one of the single ingredients that was part of some long since jibbed treatment that was used in Hospitals 70 years ago. And that one single 'thing' could literally just be air, or water, or absolute anything you care to think of really.

There is no such 'thing' as Torricelumn (TM). It doesnt, didn't, and never will really exist. It's just a silly sounding, made up word, to describe 'something', a bit like Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

If you're unlucky enough to get burned I bet your Quack won't write you a Prescription for Torricelumn (TM) :mysmilie_59:

The quack might do-if her name is Liz Grant.!!!!

A couple of weeks ago Dirty Pete emphasised "ir's bonded leather" without any exclamation, as if it was something exclusive!

A couple of weeks ago Dirty Pete emphasised "ir's bonded leather" without any exclamation, as if it was something exclusive!

Muttley, I can say with absolute honesty that I have never, not one single time, heard them explain what 'Bonded' Leather actually is.

And as far as I'm aware they have never explained what it is online either.

You will have to draw your own conclusions as to why that might be :mysmilie_59:

I notice (I could be be wrong) no-one has mentioned that Angela Noghani has suddenly become a craft demo expert on c&c

I always had her pegged as a businesswoman that just loves being on tv, no matter what it is she is actually doing on it.

Muttley, I can say with absolute honesty that I have never, not one single time, heard them explain what 'Bonded' Leather actually is.

And as far as I'm aware they have never explained what it is online either.

You will have to draw your own conclusions as to why that might be :mysmilie_59:

I picture it as the furniture equivalent of 'mince'

just chucking any old crap into a pot and then calling it 'bonded leather'

I picture it as[FONT=arial, sans-serif] [/FONT]the furniture equivalent of 'mince'

just chucking any old crap into a pot and then calling it 'bonded leather'

I have posted this here before, but this is what I have found. It really doesn't give the impression of exclusive luxury portrayed on I/W.

Bonded leather, also called reconstituted leather or blended leather, is a term used for a manufactured upholstery material including animal hide. It is made as a layered structure of a fibre or paper backer, a pulp made from shredded leather and a polyurethane coating which is embossed with a leather-like texture.

Hope this clears up any doubters about the gloop of gunk of exclusivity, that is "Bonded Leather". Enjoy!:mysmilie_59:

I notice (I could be be wrong) no-one has mentioned that Angela Noghani has suddenly become a craft demo expert on c&c

I always had her pegged as a businesswoman that just loves being on tv, no matter what it is she is actually doing on it.

Ah yes Mr Tom, Angela Johnson (as she goes by now) is another Ideal World 'guest' who possesses a wide range of expertise.

Let's not forget Peter Vol Au Vent, who effortlessly segues from talking Hoovers to High Art.

Then there's Pee Pee Schaffer, who talks knowledgeably of Plastic Rattan one minute and Biscuit Tin Paintings the next.

But let's give Nanty a shout out, what he doesn't know about Disability Aids isn't worth knowing. And boy is he a fountain of knowledge about Cruising.

They have talent to spare don't they? :mysmilie_59:

“Whatever it takes to get this watch, just do it.”

This was Peter Simon’s advice in the opening stages of tonight’s Timepiece Collection show.

I know that Flexi-pay is open to virtually anyone (as they keep reminding us) but it would now appear that there’s an even more reckless policy when it comes to actually paying for your goods.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the “Whatever it takes” payment scheme...bank.jpg car.jpg thief.jpg

Last edited:
“Whatever it takes to get this watch, just do it.”

This was Peter Simon’s advice in the opening stages of tonight’s Timepiece Collection show.

I know that Flexi-pay is open to virtually anyone (as they keep reminding us) but it would now appear that there’s an even more reckless policy when it comes to actually paying for your goods.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the “Whatever it takes” payment scheme...View attachment 13923 View attachment 13924 View attachment 13925

Pope Pete was doing a good job tonight pretending to be astonished at their pricing, namely a Swiss Eagle genuine Swiss watch for less than £100 (plus P&P of course), checking with the producer to see if they had got the prices right. "The first 10 on the phones will get this" of course meaning they only had 10 of them in stock.

Pete said "Get on the phones" (collectors on the web), then later on it was "collectors on the phones"...those darn collectors they get everywhere :mysmilie_59:

Plus when talking about a more expensive automatic watch with an ETA movement he kept saying that it was "a beast of a watch". Well, whatever :mysmilie_59:

Ah yes Mr Tom, Angela Johnson (as she goes by now) is another Ideal World 'guest' who possesses a wide range of expertise.

Let's not forget Peter Vol Au Vent, who effortlessly segues from talking Hoovers to High Art.

Then there's Pee Pee Schaffer, who talks knowledgeably of Plastic Rattan one minute and Biscuit Tin Paintings the next.

But let's give Nanty a shout out, what he doesn't know about Disability Aids isn't worth knowing. And boy is he a fountain of knowledge about Cruising.

They have talent to spare don't they? :mysmilie_59:

As I think I have revealed on here before, I have a dislike of Peter Vol Au Vent, yet I cannot pin point the exact reason why. I know he is potentially the most boring man on television but I wouldn't have pegged that as a reason for dislike... yet I do.

Latest posts

Back