Random musings and general banter. - Page 763




Page 763 of 769 FirstFirst ... 263663713753761762763764765 ... LastLast
Results 7,621 to 7,630 of 7687
  1. #7621
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    east london
    Posts
    3,126
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What constitutes a hard sell?

    It seems to be a term that gets thrown out there, like they are not meant to do their job and tell people to buy the things that are on screen...

    I'm not condoning the fact that they use verbal diarrhoea to do it, but just wondered what is the acceptable level of 'sell'

  2. #7622
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    735
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    ADVERTISING
    Quote Originally Posted by the end is night View Post
    It is Mid October and it is one of the hottest October days for a long time....

    And Ideal currently have a heating show on...

    Peter (he is a massive fan says Jo) and an increasingly manic and over talkative Joanne.

    Sadly Joanne has already "forgot" she told us all earlier in the summer on the fisher heating shows she did they had saved her loads of money and were a joy to deal with.

    She has just told us her bills have " never been higher"......

    350 for a ceramic radiator and the hard sell to the old and the people who worry

    I hope they sleep well at night I would not
    I'm sure they sleep very well, they've had enough practice.
    Likes mr tom , the end is night liked this post
     

  3. #7623
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    66
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Fair point

    For one saying it IS going to be a very cold winter with no sources whatsoever (Peter said remember last year over and over)

    For me a hard sell is anything that applies pressure. Guessing at forecasts is that for me anyway
    Likes mr tom liked this post
     

  4. #7624
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    east london
    Posts
    3,126
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the end is night View Post
    Fair point

    For one saying it IS going to be a very cold winter with no sources whatsoever (Peter said remember last year over and over)

    For me a hard sell is anything that applies pressure. Guessing at forecasts is that for me anyway
    But people can switch over at any time. People talk as if they are literally stood over them... I believe it has been likened to someone in an elderly persons house selling double glazing and it's not even close to that.

    I've walked in on one being in my house, sat with my mum and it's insulting to say it's like Peter Simon talking nonsense on a tv screen.

    I'm not saying they are not shady, I've said that they are on numerous occasions (I agree the peddling of cold winters is simply shameful for example)… there is 700 pages of me slagging them off haha.

    Just theorising out loud I suppose. If I'm wrong, I'm wrong.
    Likes Paz liked this post
     

  5. #7625
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    735
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I just can't believe all the baloney that this pair of shysters are spouting about those ceramic radiators!! Do they take us all for fools? All the phony excitement. Aren't they amazing, blah blah blah.

    it's a 1200 watt heater for god's sake. Nothing special at all!!! The mind boggles!!!
    Likes cheeky chappie liked this post
     

  6. #7626
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Plymouth, Devon
    Posts
    3,853
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    But they said "it doesn't overheat the room. when it gets up to temperature, it switches off"

    I thought that was called a thermostat, as on my bulk-standard 10 convector heater.

    But in any case, there is a flaw in their logic.

    One moment they said it switches off at the room temperature you set.

    The next moment, they are saying, even when it is switched off, it just keeps getting hotter and hotter.
    Likes cheeky chappie, KimP liked this post
     

  7. #7627
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    422
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mr tom View Post
    But people can switch over at any time. People talk as if they are literally stood over them... I believe it has been likened to someone in an elderly persons house selling double glazing and it's not even close to that.

    I've walked in on one being in my house, sat with my mum and it's insulting to say it's like Peter Simon talking nonsense on a tv screen.
    Well, it was me that said that. What I meant was, it is the same attitude...."if you don't buy right now, you miss out on this super duper price we are offering" It is the same kind of tactic that you need to open your wallet/purse right there and then. I know you can switch over, but some elderly people may well want to buy something, but hear all about the pro's and cons first. So you have to sit through people like Becque (spelling?) coming right up to the camera. It's vile. But fine if you disagree with me :)

    The thing is, they do have some genuine bargains. Just tell people what things do well, why it is the best in it's class or whatever, and then let them make a purchase if they want.

    Instead they insist on trying to scare people with talk of the coldest winters ever. Or implying the iPad 3 is the latest version and you'd be a dummy to miss out. That if you buy one you'll be just like your friends (who probably own a version that can be updated!)



    Anyway, that's my tuppence worth!

  8. #7628
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    885
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I have commented on this you can switch off comment before the whole point of giving your opinion of something is to watch and then comment on the forum however i have commented enough and will not say comment again

  9. #7629
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    885
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    But one thing i can comment on is that as someone who has installed many heaters of all kinds there is nothing special about ceramic heaters.
     

  10. #7630
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    east london
    Posts
    3,126
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default


    ADVERTISING


    Quote Originally Posted by Retrovertigo View Post
    Well, it was me that said that. What I meant was, it is the same attitude...."if you don't buy right now, you miss out on this super duper price we are offering" It is the same kind of tactic that you need to open your wallet/purse right there and then. I know you can switch over, but some elderly people may well want to buy something, but hear all about the pro's and cons first. So you have to sit through people like Becque (spelling?) coming right up to the camera. It's vile. But fine if you disagree with me :)

    The thing is, they do have some genuine bargains. Just tell people what things do well, why it is the best in it's class or whatever, and then let them make a purchase if they want.

    Instead they insist on trying to scare people with talk of the coldest winters ever. Or implying the iPad 3 is the latest version and you'd be a dummy to miss out. That if you buy one you'll be just like your friends (who probably own a version that can be updated!)

    Anyway, that's my tuppence worth!
    I've not at any point disagreed that it is vile, I just don't feel it is remotely the same as someone actually being in the house and refusing to leave.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •