Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Of course Linda Lusardi knows about the ingredients -the promo vt shows her wearing a white lab coat and holding a test tube whilst standing next to a clever looking bloke who is also wearing a lab coat.
How can you be so cynical ?

If she's filmed in a lab with a white coat with a clever looking bloke, then I believe her, but I'm getting stupid/gullable in my old age. I even believe politicians promises!

PS that last statement about politicians may not be true...

must be a bank holiday weekend as they have Craig Phillips (winner of big brother 1) in to shill some paint sprayer.

Although in his defence, he generally just goes on and demo's the product with minimal bullshit actually leaving his mouth... saving that for the star/host.

must be a bank holiday weekend as they have Craig Phillips (winner of big brother 1) in to shill some paint sprayer.

Although in his defence, he generally just goes on and demo's the product with minimal bullshit actually leaving his mouth... saving that for the star/host.

Blimey. Where the heck did they find him and I didn't know he knew about paint sprayers. Could it be they happened to 'bump' into him and offer him the gig and he,hoping for more fame and fortune,grabbed that sprayer and spread the spiel?A new face for IW do you think?

If she's filmed in a lab with a white coat with a clever looking bloke, then I believe her, but I'm getting stupid/gullable in my old age. I even believe politicians promises!

PS that last statement about politicians may not be true...

I would always trust a person in a lab coat (but only if it's white).
I don't trust politicians whatever colour coats they wear.

Blimey. Where the heck did they find him and I didn't know he knew about paint sprayers. Could it be they happened to 'bump' into him and offer him the gig and he,hoping for more fame and fortune,grabbed that sprayer and spread the spiel?A new face for IW do you think?

Craig's been on Ideal World several times before with his paint spraying antics though he seems to appear only occasionally (last time I saw him was a few months back).

TV shopping channels appear to be the media career graveyard of reality TV stars :mysmilie_59:

Unusually for an Ideal World 'expert' Craig Phillips is a qualified Builder, apparently he's ridiculously rich from his business deals. While I have no interest in watching him he clearly knows his stuff.

What a stark comparison to Creepy Crawley, whose 'expertise' merely stretches to the egregious over use of every possible variation of the word 'Luxury'.

And then there's the Art 'experts' :mysmilie_15:

as has been said above, he is legitimately qualified and experienced to talk about what he is on there to talk about. Gave the big brother prize money away to a disabled girl (I may have the specifics wrong there) and generally doesn't chase fame.

surprisingly for this forum and the nature of the internet in general... there is no ill-will towards him at all and rightly so.

Craig's been on Ideal World several times before with his paint spraying antics though he seems to appear only occasionally (last time I saw him was a few months back).

TV shopping channels appear to be the media career graveyard of reality TV stars :mysmilie_59:

I am sure he has been on IW since atleast 2009.

as has been said above, he is legitimately qualified and experienced to talk about what he is on there to talk about. Gave the big brother prize money away to a disabled girl (I may have the specifics wrong there) and generally doesn't chase fame.

surprisingly for this forum and the nature of the internet in general... there is no ill-will towards him at all and rightly so.

Well then it sounds as though he is not the kind of person really suited to
I W.Those on it in general have the opposite agenda to this individual judging by the way they present themselves and the goods they sell.I assumed incorrectly he was like these.Sorry Craig!!!!!

Last edited:
LITTLE GOLLUM and 'expert' Simon Furguson are shilling Ferrari Watches right now.

GOLLUM is simply staggered by the prices, given the massive savings on their 'usual prices'

Simon ensured the audience that they must buy now as these prices will never be repeated, ever.

Hmmmm :mysmilie_59:

LITTLE GOLLUM and 'expert' Simon Furguson are shilling Ferrari Watches right now.

GOLLUM is simply staggered by the prices, given the massive savings on their 'usual prices'

Simon ensured the audience that they must buy now as these prices will never be repeated, ever.

Simon is supposed to be a Ferrari watch 'expert' but he called their 'Gran Premio' watch 'Gran Premo' (could be due to nerves I suppose). And what's all this about Gollum claiming a "technical sellout' when the on-screen graphics aren't even showing a limited stock message?

Simon is supposed to be a Ferrari watch 'expert' but he called their 'Gran Premio' watch 'Gran Premo' (could be due to nerves I suppose). And what's all this about Gollum claiming a "technical sellout' when the on-screen graphics aren't even showing a limited stock message?

Yes, GOLLUM claimed a technical sellout and urged people to call the premium rate phone lines to ensure they get their 'unbelievable bargain'.

Without knowing for certain I suppose there could have been some truth in this, I also suppose it could be a load of old tosh :mysmilie_59:

Well then it sounds as though he is not the kind of person really suited to
I W.Those on it in general have the opposite agenda to this individual judging by the way they present themselves and the goods they sell.I assumed incorrectly he was like these.Sorry Craig!!!!!

I don't mean to sound aggressive. you are more than entitled to your opinion.

I don't mean to sound aggressive. you are more than entitled to your opinion.

I honestly didn't think of your comments as aggression .Whilst standing firmly by my opinions when I believe them to be correct ,in this case I believe that I may have misjudged the person concerned.

Last edited:
I honestly didn't think of your comments as aggression .Whilst standing firmly by my opinions when I believe them to be correct ,in this case I believe that I may have misjudged the person concerned .

I can see why you would assume he is just another guest-goon, due to who they usually bring in. Shills that generally give the impression they were taught how to use the product 5minutes before they went on the air.

I have to confess I took one look at Gollum selling flashy watches and put a DVD on. Watched Grease, and treated myself to a glass of wine. Definitely preferable to the Bald Bloke.

I can see why you would assume he is just another guest-goon, due to who they usually bring in. Shills that generally give the impression they were taught how to use the product 5minutes before they went on the air.

Talking of which Pee Pee Schaffer, who moves effortlessly between being a 'Garden Architect' and 'Art Expert' was last night shilling extortionately priced pillows, and those dreadful pleather chairs.

Could he be a jack of all trades and a master of none? :mysmilie_59:

Ideal World must now truly be on its last legs if you hadn't thought so already. The reason? Well they've got the "BAFTA award-winning" (his words not mine) Peter Simon presenting on the normally prim-and-proper Create and Craft channel, and apparently they've been receiving emails from as far afield as Bolsover and Wetwang according to the man himself.

How many weeks will they last until bankruptcy? 52? 26? 12? 2?

Tonight the less-than-dynamic duo Shreque and Kevski had Kevski talking about the 'success' of the watch show, and I'm fairly certain Kevski said that this was due to their "disconcerning viewers". I think he meant to say "discerning viewers" but it somehow came out wrong as if he just couldn't bring himself to say the word 'discerning' :mysmilie_59:

(Incidentally 'disconcerning' is a nonsense word even though it's included in at least one online dictionary.)

Latest posts

Back