Random musings and general banter. - Page 838

Page 838 of 842 FirstFirst ... 338738788828836837838839840 ... LastLast
Results 8,371 to 8,380 of 8411
    Post Thanks / Like

They're still trying to flog their rip off savings club...I bought a cheap plastic necklace off them last week and today I got a call asking me whether they could send me "something nice" in the post to say thanks...I said you're alright thanks bye and bunged the phone down..hopefully, they won't take "You're alright thanks as alright send it" cos I've heard horror stories about being charged 99 if you don't cancel in time and that cancelling isn't that straightforward...better keep an eye on the post and get it sent back unopened!
    Likes Mommabear liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I feel your pain mossie, for me it's the bliddy mattress with what appears to be a new female 'expert' (an agency employee), spouting just the same guff as all the previous 'experts' (agency employees/sometime bit actors)

The picture quality hasn't improved for me, it's like watching through a veil. It's knocked 20 years off De knees and Juliette Maris Piper looks almost childlike. Strangely Pervy Peter looks just the same. Anyhow it stops me watching, which is a good thing.

I did see Rob Locke last week though and what a joy he is

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mommabear View Post
    Another one with limited vocabulary when he's allowed to speak.......

'All four corners of the world'.............'the reason being .....'
    Just hopped onto the channel and Martin said both 'all four corners of the world ' and 'the reason being' within three minutes.

Needless to say both phrases were devoid of context or meaning.
    Likes Mommabear liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I feel your pain mossie, for me it's the bliddy mattress with what appears to be a new female 'expert' (an agency employee), spouting just the same guff as all the previous 'experts' (agency employees/sometime bit actors)

The picture quality hasn't improved for me, it's like watching through a veil. It's knocked 20 years off De knees and Juliette Maris Piper looks almost childlike. Strangely Pervy Peter looks just the same. Anyhow it stops me watching, which is a good thing.

I did see Rob Locke last week though and what a joy he is
    Where did you see Rob Locke? The last time I saw him he was advertising Windows 7. He was another one who bought everything he demonstrated on QVC!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by radio_dayz View Post
    Where did you see Rob Locke? The last time I saw him he was advertising Windows 7. He was another one who bought everything he demonstrated on QVC!
    On IW, seen him a couple of times over the last month. He was doing the Belray/Belway/Beldray cordless vac and funnily enough he was going to buy it for his flat, as it's so small he cannot store anything too large. Later on he mentioned he had a utility room. How many small flats have a utility room?

He doesn't seem to remember what he's just said and needs constant supervision in his ear, I imagine. I like him

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aqua View Post
    Just hopped onto the channel and Martin said both 'all four corners of the world ' and 'the reason being' within three minutes.

Needless to say both phrases were devoid of context or meaning.
    Yeah, it's constant aqua and then, to add insult to injury, Shawn said 'I'm not being funny but.........'

Post Thanks / Like

On IW, seen him a couple of times over the last month. He was doing the Belray/Belway/Beldray cordless vac and funnily enough he was going to buy it for his flat, as it's so small he cannot store anything too large. Later on he mentioned he had a utility room. How many small flats have a utility room?

He doesn't seem to remember what he's just said and needs constant supervision in his ear, I imagine. I like him
    He was always full of bullshit, he'll fit right in on IW.

Post Thanks / Like

Something very unusual happening on Ideal World right now: Peter Simon selling Vostok watches on Ideal World ON HIS OWN with no sign of anyone else including Kevin 'Kevski' Reynolds (who was/is basically the 'face of Vostok' on the channel). Saw earlier in this thread that Kevski was/is in hospital for some undisclosed reason and was supposedly OK and recovering but that was weeks ago so it must have been something serious for him to be still absent. Plus it's surprising they don't have anyone to take Kevski's place on-screen whilst he's unavailable; surely the UK importer of Vostok Europe watches has another employee or actor they could loan Ideal World for a while?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Price Plunge View Post
    Something very unusual happening on Ideal World right now: Peter Simon selling Vostok watches on Ideal World ON HIS OWN with no sign of anyone else including Kevin 'Kevski' Reynolds (who was/is basically the 'face of Vostok' on the channel). Saw earlier in this thread that Kevski was/is in hospital for some undisclosed reason and was supposedly OK and recovering but that was weeks ago so it must have been something serious for him to be still absent. Plus it's surprising they don't have anyone to take Kevski's place on-screen whilst he's unavailable; surely the UK importer of Vostok Europe watches has another employee or actor they could loan Ideal World for a while?
    I saw some of the show last night. He was still calling the Ekranoplan the Eraknoplan, and PVD plating wasn't physical vapour deposition, but was physical vapour disposition. He said it took him three quarters of an hour to get that right!

Igor's colleague Oleg he kept calling Olav, but that makes a change from his usual Olaf! And as for saying Vostok is one of the worlds greatest watch makers, that is just plain ridiculous.

What a flippin' clown he is.
    Likes Price Plunge liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by radio_dayz View Post
    I saw some of the show last night. He was still calling the Ekranoplan the Eraknoplan, and PVD plating wasn't physical vapour deposition, but was physical vapour disposition. He said it took him three quarters of an hour to get that right!

Igor's colleague Oleg he kept calling Olav, but that makes a change from his usual Olaf! And as for saying Vostok is one of the worlds greatest watch makers, that is just plain ridiculous.

What a flippin' clown he is.
    You are preaching to the converted there, bro!