Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Good god, flicked over last night they are now selling 5 year old Iphone 5S for £199 or the Iphone 6 for £299

"Mint+ goes through a 30 point technical inspection before leaving the laboratory so they're as ‘good as new’. Mint+ phones are not refurbished, they are re manufactured, so every component is checked and replaced if necessary,"

If you refurbish something you also change parts where necessary ???

https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/min...s_iw%2c-average_overall_rating_iw%2c-stock_iw

https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/min...s_iw%2c-average_overall_rating_iw%2c-stock_iw

Good god, flicked over last night they are now selling 5 year old Iphone 5S for £199 or the Iphone 6 for £299

"Mint+ goes through a 30 point technical inspection before leaving the laboratory so they're as ‘good as new’. Mint+ phones are not refurbished, they are re manufactured, so every component is checked and replaced if necessary,"

To be fair to Ideal World though they do appear to have stopped selling the ancient iPad 3 and now have a newer version!

The iPad 4 which was introduced in, let's see, 2012! Oh :mysmilie_51:

Number of mentions that this 'must have' gadget and the 'one that everyone wants' was six years out of date? Absolutely none.

Disgusting, reprehensible bunch of fools.

The two Peters are on again now with the IPhone 5s -according to the Pope 'it's the future- you are holding the future in your hand!'
I am going to watch for a bit longer to see if old man Vol au vent does his suitcase routine -the one where he has a case full of A4 hardback books , and explains what a smartphone is.
This is a must see demonstration , and particularly useful for anyone who might have been living under a rock for the past forty seven years.

It's sickening that they tout this stuff as being cutting edge. I can't help but wonder how many people buy this stuff completely oblivious to the fact they are buying tech that is years old.

Still, looking on the bright side, if you didn't like your iPad 4, you could always take it to CEX who will give you £90 for it!!!!

They have yet another 'Tech Expert' shilling it this morning. You can tell he is a tech expert because he confidently says that one of the advantages of Apple is that the phone has less chance of catching 'diseases'. It took Shreque of all people to tell him he meant viruses.

This channel is beyond parody.

I apologise to any Apple users here, but there really is nothing more depressing on shopping telly than an Apple fanboy.

Made worse by the fact that this so called expert is actually the guy who represents VAX!! Even worse, Samsung and Bixby are "crap" because his 14 year old son told him so :mysmilie_10: conveniently avoiding mentioning Google Assistant which is the "official" assistant on Android. Bixby of course, being Samsungs own take on it.

But yeah, the fact he couldn't even find the word "virus" in his vocabulary was hilarious. And trying to scaremonger by saying android phones were prone to viruses because you can install software other than from the Play store. But you certainly need a modicum of knowledge to even know that is possible. Your average IW viewer buying an Android phone would have no idea you could do that.

And he is even claiming that this phone with IOS 10 on it is basically the same at the iPhone 8 and iPhone x is a blatant lie! There is a ton of functionality that you lose out on. They really will say anything to shift old tech won't they?

I don't have a problem with them selling old Tech, if its presented properly and at a reasonable price

Its when they try and make out its the latest thing and the price is astronomical that really gets my goat

You can get decent ones on EBay for under £100, or the local Facebook selling pages around £80 they sell for around here

One other thing that narked me no end. The vacuum cleaner expert was saying ios11 is out later this year, and immediately Reg Varney jumps in with (knowing full well what the answer is) "but can this be updated to the latest version"....oh yes replies vacuum man

It is annoying, because they never ever point out that the crappy android handsets they sell, or the ipads, cant use the latest firmware.

So he gives viewers who are none the wiser, the impression that he asks the right questions, with them not realising he ony asks those questions when the answer is yes :mysmilie_51:

I was watching one of the cordless lawn mower presentations yesterday. Now and then, a short video clip was shown of a guy using the mower. In this clip, there was Mikey giving a voice over of the amazing capabilities of this machine. The one amazing fact was that this mower can cut a lawn of 200 meters square on one battery charge. Now this is amazing, 200 Meters square is 40,000 square meters. This was also repeated by the ex g-tech and now Swift lawn mower woman. I think the actual spec is 200 square meters. It appears that these dummies don't know the difference. They would never tell us the wrong facts on purpose would they? It's not their style.

I was watching one of the cordless lawn mower presentations yesterday. Now and then, a short video clip was shown of a guy using the mower. In this clip, there was Mikey giving a voice over of the amazing capabilities of this machine. The one amazing fact was that this mower can cut a lawn of 200 meters square on one battery charge. Now this is amazing, 200 Meters square is 40,000 square meters. This was also repeated by the ex g-tech and now Swift lawn mower woman. I think the actual spec is 200 square meters. It appears that these dummies don't know the difference. They would never tell us the wrong facts on purpose would they? It's not their style.

I think you are giving them too much credit there. They don't think their core paying audience can do the maths.

I don't know if you've read all my posts on QVC about their TSV mower yesterday.

It was about £130 less than IW, and QVC claim it will mow 1000 m2, the area of 3 tennis courts, so 5 times more than the IW one.

Frankly, I don't believe this, but as it is free PP and return, I've orderd one to try.

I don't know if you've read all my posts on QVC about their TSV mower yesterday.

It was about £130 less than IW, and QVC claim it will mow 1000 m2, the area of 3 tennis courts, so 5 times more than the IW one.

Frankly, I don't believe this, but as it is free PP and return, I've orderd one to try.

I got the Greenworks mower with two batteries from IW. (Yes, I had a rush of blood to the head and bought from them!!!!)
I have to admit, it's a great machine and works as well as a mains operated one. My lawns are about 100 square meters in total and I can cut them twice on one battery charge.

Gotta love the nonsense that comes out of DP's mouth when watches are concerned.

Shilling Constantine watches, and trying to convince viewers that collectors are after these things. At the same time telling viewers how these are being sold at less than the clearance price.

Right....so collectors are after these watches, but you are selling them at less than clearance price. So at clearance price, they didn't sell??? So now you have reduced them further. But collectors are after these watches. Do you see the problem here DP??? A child could see through this nonsense.

Just been watching a few minutes of Mr Shobgite with his drill all drill bits. I know I have mentioned this before, but it is worth repeating I think.

That is....the 10 year guarantee. If any drill bit breaks, they will replace it free! All you pay is postage and packing. P&P of £4.95. So if you break all 16 drill bits over a 10 year period, it will cost you a mere £79.20 to replace them "for free" :mysmilie_19:

What a con that guarantee is and must barely scrape through advertising standards?

Gotta love the nonsense that comes out of DP's mouth when watches are concerned.

Shilling Constantine watches, and trying to convince viewers that collectors are after these things. At the same time telling viewers how these are being sold at less than the clearance price.

Right....so collectors are after these watches, but you are selling them at less than clearance price. So at clearance price, they didn't sell??? So now you have reduced them further. But collectors are after these watches. Do you see the problem here DP??? A child could see through this nonsense.

Every watch show has the lowest prices ever and almost every watch is extraordinary!!

A few weeks back they had one of those Constantin Weisz things as a deal of the day, priced at £149.99. They were in three different colours, each one as ghastly as the other two. It was a limited edition of 700. No more in the world and no more will ever be made. (hope that's a promise). They repeatedly try to flog these horrors off at a lower price of £119.99. It appears that viewers don't agree that these pieces are so collectable as they'd have us believe.

Latest posts

Back