Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think I may have located a picture of Mr Mason and his goddess Nosferatu-the-Vampyre-009.jpg

They have now announced that when '60 Minute Deal' day ends at 9.00pm it's time for a Sale.

A Half Price Sale, all weekend.

I'm just waiting for some Dr Cringle's or Jean Paul DuPont. Maybe even some Skin Pharmacy.

Laurelle Sexxy Shoo?

They have now announced that when '60 Minute Deal' day ends at 9.00pm it's time for a Sale.

A Half Price Sale, all weekend.

I'm just waiting for some Dr Cringle's or Jean Paul DuPont. Maybe even some Skin Pharmacy.

Laurelle Sexxy Shoo?

Or Charlie, or Banke B or Laxatives otherwise known as Punjabi Curry. :mysmilie_17:

It seems Paul Becque has reverted to his screaming, whooping, waheyyyyy Bid persona.

He's unwatchable as well. This channel must surely be associated with what was Bid, no?

It is in no way recognisable to what was Ideal World.

It seems Paul Becque has reverted to his screaming, whooping, waheyyyyy Bid persona.

He's unwatchable as well. This channel must surely be associated with what was Bid, no?

I emailed them early last year to ask have they been taken over by Bid tv, simply because they were running similar promotions, selling old Bid stock and then to top it off, dodgy, disingenuous jokes that are ex Bid tv presenters, I also said they will regret it because the once professional channel has now been made to look foolish by them. They replied saying they're nothing to do with Bid Tv and said they'd pass my comments about the presenters on. I've complained a few times about the aggressive Mike Mason and the joke that is Pervy Peter Simon.........nothing's changed.

I emailed them early last year to ask have they been taken over by Bid tv, simply because they were running similar promotions, selling old Bid stock and then to top it off, dodgy, disingenuous jokes that are ex Bid tv presenters, I also said they will regret it because the once professional channel has now been made to look foolish by them. They replied saying they're nothing to do with Bid Tv and said they'd pass my comments about the presenters on. I've complained a few times about the aggressive Mike Mason and the joke that is Pervy Peter Simon.........nothing's changed.

Paul Becque was nothing like he was on Bid when he joined Ideal World. Not at all.

Now he is Bid Becque, and some.

Atrocious.

Paul Becque was nothing like he was on Bid when he joined Ideal World. Not at all.

Now he is Bid Becque, and some.

Atrocious.

I've noticed that, for some reason the exbidders seem to get away with murder, IW are under the extremely wrong impression that they're popular...............message to IW Bid TV went bust for a reason and one of those reasons is the exbidders.

Ah, noooo. Not that 'off my face with substances' act again... :sleepy:

It's a shame they're turning people away isn't it? I bought the 50ml Cougar anti aging hand cream (it's a pump dispenser and brilliant) for £10 plus £1.99 p&p, it's £47 plus p&p on Cougars own website, it's £27 for only 15ml on Rakutens website making mine an even bigger bargain, but if they have clowns presenting products who's going to hang around to find that out, saying that though they're still going strong so maybe I'm wrong.

It's a shame they're turning people away isn't it? I bought the 50ml Cougar anti aging hand cream (it's a pump dispenser and brilliant) for £10 plus £1.99 p&p, it's £47 plus p&p on Cougars own website, it's £27 for only 15ml on Rakutens website making mine an even bigger bargain, but if they have clowns presenting products who's going to hang around to find that out, saying that though they're still going strong so maybe I'm wrong.

I think the problem is that while some will buy the product because it's a bargain, but won't necessarily believe they are buying a quality product when it is sold in such a downmarket way by people you don't feel you can trust. I have to say, the name Cougar doesn't inspire much confidence... These days I'm not thinking American wild cat...

Aside from the ghastly freak show that they've 'inherited' from Bid, and the endless, silly 'promotions' I'm happy to say I don't really think there is that much Ideal World has in common with the totally disreputable Bid Shopping. Their products, pricing and compliance is on another level altogether to Bid.

But, it would be easy to think there's a 'dodginess' to it now. There's certainly a disingenuous air, take nonsense like Janice 'part of the team that introduced the iPad to the UK' Phillips.

As far as I'm aware Janice has never 'worked' for Apple (and in fairness they've never said she has). I believe she was hired, as a Contractor, to train Apple Sales Staff. Her work for the BBC (the other name they often mention) would appear at a very low, mostly local level. She's pleasant enough and I don't doubt she's interested in technology but she's no more a 'Tech Expert' than Joe Remblance is a Chef who I suspect has rarely, if ever, seen the inside of a professional kitchen and again I'm not aware they've ever said he has. His 'Star Now' profile says he's an 'Model & Actor', I don't know what's more unlikely! And I have no idea what Chef Williams's connection to cooking is.

Then again, why do you need to be a Tech Expert to shill a Tablet or Phone, or a Chef to cook some Sainsbury's Sausages on a Shopping Channel?

Of course, you don't. You need to be a salesperson with a brief of the product, possess some presenting skills and most importantly you need to know what spiel to blurt out to your audience.

And to that end they are clearly eminently qualified for their roles, so long as they don't tell any fibs!

I've complained about Peter Simon and his habit of quoting easy-pays as though it's the full price and ignoring the p & p. I've done this at least 3 times, quoting specific hours and incidents, all they had to do was replay it to see for themselves. Each time, all I've got back is a crap e-mail which is a generic one - doesn't address the issue raised, just says basically "we always strive to do our best, yada, yada, yada". The fact that they don't address your specific complaint and don't rein in the presenter in question by giving him an ultimatum, indicates to me that they are happy with the way things are. Integrity? Er, what integrity? ASA? Who are they?

shopperholic;841099]I emailed them early last year to ask have they been taken over by Bid tv, simply because they were running similar promotions, selling old Bid stock and then to top it off, dodgy, disingenuous jokes that are ex Bid tv presenters, I also said they will regret it because the once professional channel has now been made to look foolish by them. They replied saying they're nothing to do with Bid Tv and said they'd pass my comments about the presenters on. I've complained a few times about the aggressive Mike Mason and the joke that is Pervy Peter Simon.........nothing's changed.[/QUOTE]

That Genevieve woman is awful, she's like a screeching banshee and so high pressure it's unreal. Surely it must put a lot of people off?

She has something of Nicola George about her :mysmilie_59:

I think the problem is that while some will buy the product because it's a bargain, but won't necessarily believe they are buying a quality product when it is sold in such a downmarket way by people you don't feel you can trust. I have to say, the name Cougar doesn't inspire much confidence... These days I'm not thinking American wild cat...

If it was on QVC at that price people would jump at it regardless of the name after all, did anyone know Tarte or any of QVCs beauty before it appeared on QVC? No but they bought it simply because of those three letters. People may say Elizabeth Grant is down market, yet QVC France choose to sell it, at inflated prices I might add. Would QVC customers have bought M Asam on Ideal World, yet it's a massive seller now on QVC, saying that QVC is the Harrods of the shopping world..........oh and incase anyone's interested, the hand cream is fantastic.

If it was on QVC at that price people would jump at it regardless of the name after all, did anyone know Tarte or any of QVCs beauty before it appeared on QVC? No but they bought it simply because of those three letters. People may say Elizabeth Grant is down market, yet QVC France choose to sell it, at inflated prices I might add. Would QVC customers have bought M Asam on Ideal World, yet it's a massive seller now on QVC, saying that QVC is the Harrods of the shopping world..........oh and incase anyone's interested, the hand cream is fantastic.

I hope Qvc UK don't poach Elizabeth Grant, I've just looked at the prices on QVC France and the prices's are eyewatering compaired with IW, even taking into account the exchange rate. For less than the Essence of Torricelumn and Supreme Firming & Lifting I got this lot for £59.99 at Christmas.

http://www.idealworld.tv/pp/elizabeth-grant-15-piece-new-year-new-you-box-352044?fh_location=//idealworld/en_gb/categories@lt;{8006}/categories@lt;{11123}/brand_iw@gt;{elizabeth20grant}

I'll be buying the Cleanser once I've finished with the Micellor Water following Shopaholics recommendations.

I hope Qvc UK don't poach Elizabeth Grant, I've just looked at the prices on QVC France and the prices's are eyewatering compaired with IW, even taking into account the exchange rate. For less than the Essence of Torricelumn and Supreme Firming & Lifting I got this lot for £59.99 at Christmas.

http://www.idealworld.tv/pp/elizabeth-grant-15-piece-new-year-new-you-box-352044?fh_location=//idealworld/en_gb/categories@lt;{8006}/categories@lt;{11123}/brand_iw@gt;{elizabeth20grant}

I'll be buying the Cleanser once I've finished with the Micellor Water following Shopaholics recommendations.

Oh you've got to try that cleanser, try the foot cream too £4.99 for two 100ml if you like the smell of camphor you'll love that, and it sinks in leaving no residue either, it's lovely. That's what I've been saying about Elizabath Grant and QVC France prices too, I'd be gutted if they poached them like M Asam. I'm hoping Elizbeth Grant stay with IW rewarding their loyalty. What makes me laugh though, no one wants to try it yet if it appears on QVC for twice the price, everyone will want it, it's hilarious.

I'll be buying the Cleanser once I've finished with the Micellor Water following Shopaholics recommendations.[/QUOTE

Oops I've duplicated, so deleted it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back