Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm hoping this latest outburst from "Janice" will have that result. By the way, she was objecting as well to my insinuation that IW would be terrified of putting gays in bed together live on screen (i.e. Janice and her GF) because it might scare their core viewers and IW wouldn't do anything to hurt their bottom line. Somehow, "Janice" has read this to be a homophobic comment... "Janice" struggles with reading a little - back to the Janet and John books for her.

Nothing on Facebook or twitter yet...quelle surprise

I do hope our Janice was communicating to you on her pre-loved iPad 3 in a French Coffee Shop with a string of onions wrapped around her neck.

I don't know why people who are on TV/well known etc, frequent places where they could read negative comments. Surely nobody is naïve enough to think they are universally liked?

I know people that don't like me, I haven't ever had much contact with them, and am not sure why. But I think everybody has at least one person they take an instant dislike to and can't always explain why.

It has certainly never bothered me when somebody doesn't like me. And I know I wouldn't go out of my way to read comments they may make. Everybody is entitled to come here of course, but don't expect unconditional love from everybody. Especially if you appear on TV over selling a product. People like Richard Mire know damn well that they are making some outrageous claims, and I guess sleep easy at night, despite knowing it must rub some people up the wrong way.

Hi everyone, Happy Friday.

So Jimmy Savile is shilling the miraculous Dermawand. She proudly reels off the ‘findings’ of the extensive research conducted with 84 people who use it for 30 days and says ‘You’re almost halfway there with your 14 day money back guarantee’.

If they’re that confident in Dermawand why not offer a longer money back guarantee so you too can test it for 30 days, just like those 84 people?

How dumb do they think their audience is?* :mysmilie_59:

* Answer = Very, Very Dumb

AADEA6B2-8860-437E-89FB-DAF41C4D05BF.jpgA2C1EB3E-8CDD-4EDD-92B3-D1EAAA13B3B7.jpg

Hi everyone, Happy Friday.

So Jimmy Savile is shilling the miraculous Dermawand. She proudly reels off the ‘findings’ of the extensive research conducted with 84 people who use it for 30 days and says ‘You’re almost halfway there with your 14 day money back guarantee’.

If they’re that confident in Dermawand why not offer a longer money back guarantee so you too can test it for 30 days, just like those 84 people?

How dumb do they think their audience is?* :mysmilie_59:

* Answer = Very, Very Dumb

View attachment 16194View attachment 16195

They were only forced to extend their guarantee for mattresses after everyone else started doing the same, but bragging about a standard returns policy is practically the equivalent of saying the (standard) 1 year guarantee is a "good thing" about the product when selling solar-powered garden lights just as they did recently*

*If any of their audience fell for that one they must be VERY DUMB

I've noticed on QVC as well, when it comes to cosmetics etc, that they show the small print mentioning around 80-90 people who they base results on.

But I thought the general consensus was that you needed to poll around 1000 people to get a truer reading of percentages. I am fairly sure when it comes to viewing figures they need 1000 or above to work out averages etc. Surely it must be similar for cosmetics - is 80 people really enough? Surely you have a good chance of cherry picking ideal subjects with such a low number? Or is there some rule that almost 100 people is enough to get a legitimate read on how well a product works?

Ideal’s unofficial Vostok ambassador appears to be moonlighting for other brands. On yesterday’s Nuu smartphone show, Peter Simon read out an on screen review by someone he should be very familiar with...none other than our old friend, Dave Loydon! Dave could hardly contain his enthusiasm for this marvel of copycat Chinese technology, even lapsing into into Ideal presenter mode at the end of his review.

Here is Dave’s recommendation...

Wow What an amazing phone. I’ve read all the reviews and for the money you can't beat this It has everything you will ever need...and fast oh my goodness it's so fast
Just buy it you will love it

Dave Loydon

A couple of thoughts about the review.

Dave mentions that he’s “read all the reviews” but neglects to mention that there are only two reviews...and his is one of them! He also assures buyers that for the money "you can’t beat it". I checked a few professional reviews of this smartphone and this conclusion was by no means untypical:-

Should you buy it?

No. While the Nuu G3 may look great, there’s a lot to be desired in terms of overall performance. For the same price, we recommend buying the equally handsome, but much more capable, Honor 7X.
2 out of 5 stars.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/cell-phone-reviews/nuu-g3-review/

Tempting as it might be to go with the recommendations of a vacuum salesman and a Vostok enthusiast, it's probably wiser to stick with the technology review sites.

Last edited:
He must have bought that one to replace the Energiser smartphone he bought last month. Seems he wasn't that keen on that one.......

crap phone
I bought this phone on the say so of the people presenting it.
What a useless phone!!
So slow its unusable
Uses the battery so quickly
Just do not buy!!

He's also added another watch to his collection :mysmilie_59:

I've noticed on QVC as well, when it comes to cosmetics etc, that they show the small print mentioning around 80-90 people who they base results on.

But I thought the general consensus was that you needed to poll around 1000 people to get a truer reading of percentages. I am fairly sure when it comes to viewing figures they need 1000 or above to work out averages etc. Surely it must be similar for cosmetics - is 80 people really enough? Surely you have a good chance of cherry picking ideal subjects with such a low number? Or is there some rule that almost 100 people is enough to get a legitimate read on how well a product works?

I suspect it is not illegal but not credible either.

He must have bought that one to replace the Energiser smartphone he bought last month. Seems he wasn't that keen on that one.......

crap phone
I bought this phone on the say so of the people presenting it.
What a useless phone!!
So slow its unusable
Uses the battery so quickly
Just do not buy!!

He's also added another watch to his collection :mysmilie_59:

You would have thought Dave might have twigged by now that Ideal World doesn't always sell good products and their presenters don't always tell the truth, yet he still happily buys watches and other products from them (OK, most/all products may work as advertised but more often than not they're grossly overpriced).

Bets are on as to how many times Dave will get his fingers burnt...

Just been looking at Dave Loydon's purchases on IW. I think he must have bought just about every Vostok Europe watch that there is!!! I did notice he's avoided all of the Thomas Earnshaw pieces though. I think his total purchase count was 129, most of them watches.

This guy must have plenty of money, or perhaps he used to?

There’s some great ‘shows’ on today to tempt you.

At 2:00pm we have Jimmy Savile and Vol au Vent with an Alcatel Phone. Will this be the best Phone they’ve ever seen?

And at 9:00pm it’s Dirty Peter and Vol au Vent with a £20 Oil Heater. If you didn’t know Ceramic is soooooooo yesterday (that’s until they decide Oil Heaters are a waste of Leccy).

What more could you want? :mysmilie_59:

I suspect it is not illegal but not credible either.

Indeed Mr Tom, but it’s par for the course on Selly Telly and in particular Ideal World.

I mean, we have Ellie May Clampett claiming her Hair has been fantastic since supping bottles of Proto Plonk and yet the boss of that company goes and gets an ‘effin Hair Transplant. :mysmilie_59:

I just tuned in and there was Vol au Vac Vent with his suitcase on the bed. I turned off, I couldn't stomach seeing that again. In fact, while he's got his suitcase handy, I wish he would pack it IN.

I wonder if he feels as stupid as he looks?

I just tuned in and there was Vol au Vac Vent with his suitcase on the bed. I turned off, I couldn't stomach seeing that again. In fact, while he's got his suitcase handy, I wish he would pack it IN.

I wonder if he feels any more stupid than Creepy who has gone from being ' our luxury and interiors expert ' to jiggling about on the vibra -plate in his shorts !
As for Vol au vent I remember the days when I would not leave the house without taking full size dictionary , a stack of dvd s , a compendium of games , the complete works of Shakespeare , a magazine rack and a full size wind up alarm clock !
So much easier now - eh Pete ?

And that cheap smartphone they were flogging will DEFINITELY have the same camera quality as that SLR camera Vol au Vent was clumsily mishandling :mysmilie_59:

Actually according to the reviews the Alcatel A3 is a very good smartphone for £70 which makes a change; just don't pretend it's the same as a £700 phone (still wouldn't buy one from Ideal World though). Video review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l39UE9Yn0Ys

So is Creepy Crawley the wagner guest today (the 6pm hour at least), simply because Craig Philips is busy and vol au vent can't be on all day?

edit: Scratch that, Craig is there. My apologies.

Well well, IW have discovered the latest heating technology, a halogen heater. In fact, it's a Belray:mysmilie_17: heater.

Can you believe it, Simon has bought two of them.

I'm speechless!!!

Well well, IW have discovered the latest heating technology, a halogen heater. In fact, it's a Belray:mysmilie_17: heater.

Can you believe it, Simon has bought two of them.

I'm speechless!!!

Halogen Heaters were a mainstay of Bid so it’s no surprise that IdealBidPriceDropSpeedAuctionWorld are shilling them.

It doesn’t matter what type of Heater the Goons shill, you can bet your life the one on sale will be a thousand times better than the previous one.

I can’t keep up with them so I’ll just stick with what I’ve got :mysmilie_59:

Halogen Heaters were a mainstay of Bid so it’s no surprise that IdealBidPriceDropSpeedAuctionWorld are shilling them.

It doesn’t matter what type of Heater the Goons shill, you can bet your life the one on sale will be a thousand times better than the previous one.

I can’t keep up with them so I’ll just stick with what I’ve got :mysmilie_59:

It's the best heating product they've ever seen and everyone in the large studio is sweating. It's just hilarious!!!

I bet all of those people who bought those £300 ceramic radiators are feeling rather pissed off!!

Latest posts

Back