Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Where does he find words a number of times yesterday he came up with everything is monstering out the door i do wonder if he is all there.:taphead:

Where does he find words a number of times yesterday he came up with everything is monstering out the door i do wonder if he is all there.:taphead:

No doubt he is at the forefront of linguistic innovation - like dear old Peter Simon... I'm sure the call up from the OED is imminent!

Greg, yes he does do that - but I put it down to the fact that he has no choice, otherwise he can't understand what's coming out of his own mouth (words of more than one syllable are just too difficult)! Don't forget the brain cell is being shared with several others...:giggle: I don't know which is worse - his bullying manner or his patronising, 'doing you a big favour here, all you peasants' act.
Mockney Mike also converses in what I can only describe in a child-like manner as if the audience have difficulty in comprehending words with more than one syllable. It is highly irritating.

Wasn't there a radio presenter who used to keep saying "monster, monster" all the time? Can't remember his name, but I can remember his face. As there isn't an original thought in his head, he's probably picked up the phrase from this bloke or someone else.

Wasn't there a radio presenter who used to keep saying "monster, monster" all the time? Can't remember his name, but I can remember his face. As there isn't an original thought in his head, he's probably picked up the phrase from this bloke or someone else.

Eric Hall! Thanks for this, Greg, I would never have remembered the name! Could he be Mikey Boy's brother by another mother, do you think???

You're welcome. Eric Hall used to be on a lot as a guest of James Whale on LBC/Talk Radio. I used to listen to these stations all the time in 1990's.

We are in for a treat as :mysmilie_46: William is on with the nutribullet pro...we may even see rick hay :talking:

Ah, yes, I remember now that he was on radio - and I know he occasionally appeared on TV (think he was on with Chris Evans at least once - perhaps on TFI Friday). I haven't seen or heard anything of him for such a long while I'd forgotten his name. Perhaps he's having a career change and is now Pope Pete's scriptwriter? Not a job that calls for a lot of effort, I'd say. :giggle:

You're welcome. Eric Hall used to be on a lot as a guest of James Whale on LBC/Talk Radio. I used to listen to these stations all the time in 1990's.

I hate to think what the bald mockney git's sweat must smell/taste like...a cross between mouldy old eggs and cheesy teenager's feet. :sad:

Reading this post made me immediately seek medical treatment. I considered having therapy but it was too expensive. However it was cheaper if I found five friends to join me in group therapy so if anyone is still suffering the effects of reading this post (which I am...) we must get together and start the "Mike Mason Therapy Group"

By the way Greg, love your description "bald mockney git"!

It was a case of “Now we’ve sold out, now we haven’t” on the Vostok show last night with Peter Simon.

Stopping to relate some information he’d just heard from a lady called ‘Em’, he went on to make the following dramatic announcement: “I can now tell you the red has sold out, never to return again.” There followed a momentary pause and then, “Oh, a quarter of it's gone...right, right, I’m now being told that we’ve got very few left, okay."

Realising the farcical situation with the numbers, he then switched to the standard spiel of urging people to check out their baskets...which made a lot more sense than waiting for farcical stock updates. In less than a minute we’d gone from: it’s sold out, a quarter of the stocks gone, to finally, there’s very few left!

Peter’s final comment on this watch was a pitiful attempt at restoring some credibility: “It will never ever be seen again once it’s sold out.” At this point, I imagine any reference to this watch involving the words ‘sold out’ would have fallen on profoundly deaf ears.

A complete fiasco:giggle:

(The stock update scene starts around 24min: http://www.idealworld.tv/shows/Vostok-Europe-Timepieces-2583085)

It was a case of “Now we’ve sold out, now we haven’t” on the Vostok show last night with Peter Simon.

Stopping to relate some information he’d just heard from a lady called ‘Em’, he went on to make the following dramatic announcement: “I can now tell you the red has sold out, never to return again.” There followed a momentary pause and then, “Oh, a quarter of it's gone...right, right, I’m now being told that we’ve got very few left, okay."

Realising the farcical situation with the numbers, he then switched to the standard spiel of urging people to check out their baskets...which made a lot more sense than waiting for farcical stock updates. In less than a minute we’d gone from: it’s sold out, a quarter of the stocks gone, to finally, there’s very few left!

Peter’s final comment on this watch was a pitiful attempt at restoring some credibility: “It will never ever be seen again once it’s sold out.” At this point, I imagine any reference to this watch involving the words ‘sold out’ would have fallen on profoundly deaf ears.

(The stock update scene starts around 24min: http://www.idealworld.tv/shows/Vostok-Europe-Timepieces-2583085)

He's a complete clock-twonk!

What a typical farce where the Pope is concerned. What's the betting that even if the "never to return again red colour" had been sold out, it would be back before we could turn round? Do they think we have no memories? How many times have they pulled that one?

Reading the above statements made by Pope Pete regarding stock, the saying "liar liar pants on fire" springs to mind...

What a pair of clowns!
Peter says he's got a friend who's watching 'I can't name this person because he plays for a certain football club.' WHAT???????
The 'watch expert' is just as bad 'They are water tested not just for leakage but for defamation of the case.'
Defamation ???????????
Defamation means impugning the reputation of another as in slander or libel.
Perhaps he meant degradation.
Peter is again flouting the ASA regulations - when the 'expert ' says one of the watches has a stitched leather strap Peter immediately blunders in with ' HAND STITCHED LEATHER !!!!!!'
It's machine stitched of course, but who cares eh Peter?

Why can't he name him? Is the "friend" possibly up on a charge, or something? Perhaps taking refuge in an embassy somewhere? The twaddle that comes out of the Pope's mouth has to be heard to be believed - next, he'll be saying that members of the Royal Family are watching.....but he can't say which ones! :mysmilie_15::mysmilie_17: I can certainly think of something that should be stitched.....and it isn't the watch straps.

What a pair of clowns!
Peter says he's got a friend who's watching 'I can't name this person because he plays for a certain football club.' WHAT???????
The 'watch expert' is just as bad 'They are water tested not just for leakage but for defamation of the case.'
Defamation ???????????
Peter is again flouting the ASA regulations - when the 'expert ' says one of the watches has a stitched leather strap Peter immediately blunders in with ' HAND STITCHED LEATHER !!!!!!'

Last edited:
Why can't he name him? Is the "friend" possibly up on a charge, or something? Perhaps taking refuge in an embassy somewhere? The twaddle that comes out of the Pope's mouth has to be heard to be believed - next, he'll be saying that members of the Royal Family are watching.....but he can't say which ones! :mysmilie_15::mysmilie_17: I can certainly think of something that should be stitched.....and it isn't the watch straps.

Maybe the 'friend' called in sick for training and was watching IW on the sly :mysmilie_19:

What a pair of clowns!
Defamation ???????????

The 'watch expert' just buys in and sells on, his only knowledge is what movement is fitted in them and what colour the strap is. Same goes for the other bint that worked in Garrards!

Latest posts

Back