Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up





    Lisa Riley’s Back and Better Than Ever With Her Brand New Autumn Clothing Line, Exclusively at Ideal World

    We’re excited to announce that TV favourite and Loose Women panellist Lisa Riley is returning to Ideal World with style to unveil her brand new autumn clothing line.

      After winning multiple plus size awards, Lisa decided to launch her own clothing label ‘Just Be You’ exclusively with Ideal World to overcome the disappointment in styles previously offered to her. After sharing her amazing weight loss journey with the nation, Lisa created her collection of clothing and garments to make you feel “confident, sexy and beautiful.”

    The TV favourite says “Of all my collections with Ideal World, this is by far my ultimate favourite. I feel the fabrics, colours and the unique “me” style comes across 100%. It is fashion for everyone. I hope you love it as much as I do!”

    Read More

    Page 112 of 614 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212612 ... LastLast
    Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 6136
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jun 2013
      Location
      east london
      Posts
      2,834
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default Random musings and general banter.

      Good morning everyone. I did a similar thread on the bid tv forum and seeing as this channel this clearly morphing into that entity, I felt it may be appropriate to continue in the same vein.

      I wonder who looked at bid TV's business model, saw it piss money up the wall and decided ''that will work on ideal world''

      I don't expect this thread to be anywhere near as successful as the bid thread but no harm in jotting down your observations upon watching this assumed decline in quality shopping tv.
       
      ''now that's a lot of great sound, I know great sound''

    2. Support ShoppingTelly.com
      Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    3. #1111
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Posts
      5,998
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      It's a shame they're turning people away isn't it? I bought the 50ml Cougar anti aging hand cream (it's a pump dispenser and brilliant) for £10 plus £1.99 p&p, it's £47 plus p&p on Cougars own website, it's £27 for only 15ml on Rakutens website making mine an even bigger bargain, but if they have clowns presenting products who's going to hang around to find that out, saying that though they're still going strong so maybe I'm wrong.






      › See More: Random musings and general banter.
      Likes cazzie , historymystery liked this post
       

    4. #1112
      Join Date
      Mar 2015
      Posts
      5,392
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by shopperholic View Post
      It's a shame they're turning people away isn't it? I bought the 50ml Cougar anti aging hand cream (it's a pump dispenser and brilliant) for £10 plus £1.99 p&p, it's £47 plus p&p on Cougars own website, it's £27 for only 15ml on Rakutens website making mine an even bigger bargain, but if they have clowns presenting products who's going to hang around to find that out, saying that though they're still going strong so maybe I'm wrong.
      I think the problem is that while some will buy the product because it's a bargain, but won't necessarily believe they are buying a quality product when it is sold in such a downmarket way by people you don't feel you can trust. I have to say, the name Cougar doesn't inspire much confidence... These days I'm not thinking American wild cat...
      Likes Mommabear , historymystery liked this post
       

    5.    Sponsored Link

    6. #1113
      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      Posts
      9,608
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Aside from the ghastly freak show that they've 'inherited' from Bid, and the endless, silly 'promotions' I'm happy to say I don't really think there is that much Ideal World has in common with the totally disreputable Bid Shopping. Their products, pricing and compliance is on another level altogether to Bid.

      But, it would be easy to think there's a 'dodginess' to it now. There's certainly a disingenuous air, take nonsense like Janice 'part of the team that introduced the iPad to the UK' Phillips.

      As far as I'm aware Janice has never 'worked' for Apple (and in fairness they've never said she has). I believe she was hired, as a Contractor, to train Apple Sales Staff. Her work for the BBC (the other name they often mention) would appear at a very low, mostly local level. She's pleasant enough and I don't doubt she's interested in technology but she's no more a 'Tech Expert' than Joe Remblance is a Chef who I suspect has rarely, if ever, seen the inside of a professional kitchen and again I'm not aware they've ever said he has. His 'Star Now' profile says he's an 'Model & Actor', I don't know what's more unlikely! And I have no idea what Chef Williams's connection to cooking is.

      Then again, why do you need to be a Tech Expert to shill a Tablet or Phone, or a Chef to cook some Sainsbury's Sausages on a Shopping Channel?

      Of course, you don't. You need to be a salesperson with a brief of the product, possess some presenting skills and most importantly you need to know what spiel to blurt out to your audience.

      And to that end they are clearly eminently qualified for their roles, so long as they don't tell any fibs!
       

    7.    Sponsored Link

    8. #1114
      Join Date
      Feb 2015
      Posts
      3,087
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      I've complained about Peter Simon and his habit of quoting easy-pays as though it's the full price and ignoring the p & p. I've done this at least 3 times, quoting specific hours and incidents, all they had to do was replay it to see for themselves. Each time, all I've got back is a crap e-mail which is a generic one - doesn't address the issue raised, just says basically "we always strive to do our best, yada, yada, yada". The fact that they don't address your specific complaint and don't rein in the presenter in question by giving him an ultimatum, indicates to me that they are happy with the way things are. Integrity? Er, what integrity? ASA? Who are they?

      shopperholic;841099]I emailed them early last year to ask have they been taken over by Bid tv, simply because they were running similar promotions, selling old Bid stock and then to top it off, dodgy, disingenuous jokes that are ex Bid tv presenters, I also said they will regret it because the once professional channel has now been made to look foolish by them. They replied saying they're nothing to do with Bid Tv and said they'd pass my comments about the presenters on. I've complained a few times about the aggressive Mike Mason and the joke that is Pervy Peter Simon.........nothing's changed.[/QUOTE]
       

    9.    Price Crash

    10. #1115
      Join Date
      Feb 2015
      Posts
      3,087
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      OK, this is the "after" picture, can we now see the "before" one?
      Quote Originally Posted by desertranger View Post
      I think I may have located a picture of Mr Mason and his goddess Attachment 11135
      Likes shopperholic liked this post
       

    11.    Gemporia

    12. #1116
      Join Date
      Dec 2010
      Posts
      9,608
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      That Genevieve woman is awful, she's like a screeching banshee and so high pressure it's unreal. Surely it must put a lot of people off?

      She has something of Nicola George about her
      Likes Muttley , cazzie , shopperholic liked this post
       

    13.    Advertisment

    14. #1117
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Posts
      5,998
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by maymorganlondon View Post
      I think the problem is that while some will buy the product because it's a bargain, but won't necessarily believe they are buying a quality product when it is sold in such a downmarket way by people you don't feel you can trust. I have to say, the name Cougar doesn't inspire much confidence... These days I'm not thinking American wild cat...
      If it was on QVC at that price people would jump at it regardless of the name after all, did anyone know Tarte or any of QVCs beauty before it appeared on QVC? No but they bought it simply because of those three letters. People may say Elizabeth Grant is down market, yet QVC France choose to sell it, at inflated prices I might add. Would QVC customers have bought M Asam on Ideal World, yet it's a massive seller now on QVC, saying that QVC is the Harrods of the shopping world..........oh and incase anyone's interested, the hand cream is fantastic.
      Likes dtb123 liked this post
       

    15.    Sponsored Link

    16. #1118
      Join Date
      Mar 2014
      Posts
      159
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by shopperholic View Post
      If it was on QVC at that price people would jump at it regardless of the name after all, did anyone know Tarte or any of QVCs beauty before it appeared on QVC? No but they bought it simply because of those three letters. People may say Elizabeth Grant is down market, yet QVC France choose to sell it, at inflated prices I might add. Would QVC customers have bought M Asam on Ideal World, yet it's a massive seller now on QVC, saying that QVC is the Harrods of the shopping world..........oh and incase anyone's interested, the hand cream is fantastic.

      I hope Qvc UK don't poach Elizabeth Grant, I've just looked at the prices on QVC France and the prices's are eyewatering compaired with IW, even taking into account the exchange rate. For less than the Essence of Torricelumn and Supreme Firming & Lifting I got this lot for £59.99 at Christmas.

      http://www.idealworld.tv/pp/elizabeth-grant-15-piece-new-year-new-you-box-352044?fh_location=//idealworld/en_gb/categories@lt;{8006}/categories@lt;{11123}/brand_iw@gt;{elizabeth20grant}

      I'll be buying the Cleanser once I've finished with the Micellor Water following Shopaholics recommendations.
      Thanks shopperholic thanked for this post
       

    17.    Crafting.co.uk

    18. #1119
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Posts
      5,998
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by dtb123 View Post
      I hope Qvc UK don't poach Elizabeth Grant, I've just looked at the prices on QVC France and the prices's are eyewatering compaired with IW, even taking into account the exchange rate. For less than the Essence of Torricelumn and Supreme Firming & Lifting I got this lot for £59.99 at Christmas.

      http://www.idealworld.tv/pp/elizabeth-grant-15-piece-new-year-new-you-box-352044?fh_location=//idealworld/en_gb/categories@lt;{8006}/categories@lt;{11123}/brand_iw@gt;{elizabeth20grant}

      I'll be buying the Cleanser once I've finished with the Micellor Water following Shopaholics recommendations.
      Oh you've got to try that cleanser, try the foot cream too £4.99 for two 100ml if you like the smell of camphor you'll love that, and it sinks in leaving no residue either, it's lovely. That's what I've been saying about Elizabath Grant and QVC France prices too, I'd be gutted if they poached them like M Asam. I'm hoping Elizbeth Grant stay with IW rewarding their loyalty. What makes me laugh though, no one wants to try it yet if it appears on QVC for twice the price, everyone will want it, it's hilarious.
      Thanks dtb123 thanked for this post
       

    19.    Sponsored Link

    20. #1120
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Posts
      5,998
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      [QUOTE=dtb123;841200]I hope Qvc UK don't poach Elizabeth Grant, I've just looked at the prices on QVC France and the prices's are eyewatering compaired with IW, even taking into account the exchange rate. For less than the Essence of Torricelumn and Supreme Firming & Lifting I got this lot for £59.99 at Christmas.

      http://www.idealworld.tv/pp/elizabeth-grant-15-piece-new-year-new-you-box-352044?fh_location=//idealworld/en_gb/categories@lt;{8006}/categories@lt;{11123}/brand_iw@gt;{elizabeth20grant}

      I'll be buying the Cleanser once I've finished with the Micellor Water following Shopaholics recommendations.[/QUOTE

      Oops I've duplicated, so deleted it.
      Last edited by shopperholic; 19-02-2016 at 04:56 PM.

    •   Alt

      Advertising

      advertising

        
       

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •