Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

You're so right about more expensive not always being better - I've lost count of the number of times I've stupidly fallen into the trap of assuming expensive is better, especially with clothes and household linens. I was proved wrong on many occasions, and now realise that more expensive often just equals big rip-off (and with Q, I'd say this is more than likely to be the case!).

If you look on their website, you'll see the products that aren't popular with lots of bad reviews, I've had to leave a couple myself over seventeen years and can honestly say that each and every one has stayed on. IW leave some quite abusive ones on too that I'd remove if it was up to me, but anyway to many peoples surprise no, these aren't "adjusted" no more so than QVCs are.

In answer to your question, yes these are lovely quality dresses that feel comfortable and great on, they wash well and anyone can be forgiven for thinking they're rubbish quality for the price but it's quite the opposite. I've got lots of IW fashion and I've never been disappointed with anything I've bought, my favourite are the viscose Nicole tops (many of IW fashion is made of the expensive, natural fibre Viscose) QVC will have you think dearer is better, which isn't true.

I've just sent a text to my good lady asking her to tune into Ideal later and get herself a couple of those bargain dresses...hope she doesn't think I'm being a cheapskate :cheeky:

Nanty has his own fashion hour? That's a contradiction in terms!! :mysmilie_17:
Nanty has to leave the fashion hour with Dee Knees as he's got his own fashion hour at 7.

Is there any need for the snogging and bearhugging? Would a little wave of the hand not do? :dull:

I just tuned in to see Nanty shilling a Carpet Cleaner. Within literally seconds he said 'if you're like my Mam, she's got a two bedroom Bungalow, it's perfect'.

Let me tell you something. Nobody is like his Mam, nobody's that unlucky :mysmilie_59:

image.jpg

Rachel has just said, absolutely categorically, that today's blockbuster of a Bissell Quickwash Carpet Cleaner with a 2 year guarantee for £89.99 & £5.99 P&P on 3 x Flexipay is never, ever going to be repeated. It's NOT coming back.

That's clear then :mysmilie_59:

image.jpg

Fancy him saying she's got a 2-bedroomed bungalow - I would have thought he'd have told us that she'd love to have one of the cleaners, but couldn't use it, as she's been pitched in a tent on Salisbury Plain all winter, or something similar. Where's the IW sympathy vote we all know and love? He's slipped up badly here, and will probably be told 'don't do it again'.:grin:

I just tuned in to see Nanty shilling a Carpet Cleaner. Within literally seconds he said 'if you're like my Mam, she's got a two bedroom Bungalow, it's perfect'.

Let me tell you something. Nobody is like his Mam, nobody's that unlucky :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 11493

Fancy him saying she's got a 2-bedroomed bungalow - I would have thought he'd have told us that she'd love to have one of the cleaners, but couldn't use it, as she's been pitched in a tent on Salisbury Plain all winter, or something similar. Where's the IW sympathy vote we all know and love? He's slipped up badly here, and will probably be told 'don't do it again'.:grin:

'My Mam would love a Bissell Quickwash. Sadly her arms fell off from using an old, heavy, inferior competitors Carpet Cleaner. I wish we'd bought her one of these lightweight delights before those much loved limbs left her' :mysmilie_59:

Out of curiosity, does anyone here like anyone on IW?

Yes, Loen. Very much, I do hope she hasn't left.

And Chef William, I rib some of his more 'exotic' creations but he's delightful and Rachel is OK too. I don't mind Hayley either, she's so full on and so full of it (but in a pretty harmless way) she's funny.

But that's about it :mysmilie_59:

Yes, I like Loen, chef Wiliam, chef Joe, Rachel, Joanne, I ike all the prices of all the goods, but like QVC, there are some annoying, disingenuous presenters that I wouldn't believe if they said that water is wet.

Yes, I like Loen, chef Wiliam, chef Joe, Rachel, Joanne, I ike all the prices of all the goods, but like QVC, there are some annoying, disingenuous presenters that I wouldn't believe if they said that water is wet.

I don't mind Joanne, I never used to like her at all but she's OK. But I do wish she'd make her mind up as to what it is that definitively contributed the most to her weight loss.

Was it the 5:2 Diet?, Actifry?, Halogen?, Vibrapower? Nutribullet? The mere thought of eating anything that BIG BRODEL has drooled and slobbered over, or just touched?

You get the idea :mysmilie_59:

I don't mind Joanne, I never used to like her at all but she's OK. But I do wish she'd make her mind up as to what it is that definitively contributed the most to her weight loss.

Was it the 5:2 Diet?, Actifry?, Halogen?, Vibrapower? Nutribullet? The mere thought of eating anything that BIG BRODEL has drooled and slobbered over, or just touched?

You get the idea :mysmilie_59:

The thought of having to eat anything Big Brodel has slobbered over is enough to make the pounds just literally fall off. :mysmilie_17:

:mysmilie_504: This made me laugh so much - that film about shopping telly just has to be made soon, surely? These people are caricatures and, sadly, I can imagine them saying exactly what your post says!
'My Mam would love a Bissell Quickwash. Sadly her arms fell off from using an old, heavy, inferior competitors Carpet Cleaner. I wish we'd bought her one of these lightweight delights before those much loved limbs left her' :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back