Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I just posted the Q on a QVC thread that mentioned DSR, sorry if this has been discussed here before but I'd be interested to hear folks experience:
"You now have 14 days to cancel under the Customer Contracts (cancellations) Regs 2014 (the statute formerly known as DSR). So bearing in mind that Ideal World MBG is only 14 days now, surely it'd be possible to always get your P&P back from IW for returns provided you email them to cancel? Has anyone done this with IW with any success?"

I've always had better response when I email IW CS than when I phone them but as I don't buy as much from IW I make fewer returns.

Coupled with the Collect+ returns labels that you get for £1.50 when you order it's the ultimate risk-free shopping but only if you don't have to chase them for the out-going P&P refund.

I just posted the Q on a QVC thread that mentioned DSR, sorry if this has been discussed here before but I'd be interested to hear folks experience:
"You now have 14 days to cancel under the Customer Contracts (cancellations) Regs 2014 (the statute formerly known as DSR). So bearing in mind that Ideal World MBG is only 14 days now, surely it'd be possible to always get your P&P back from IW for returns provided you email them to cancel? Has anyone done this with IW with any success?"

I've always had better response when I email IW CS than when I phone them but as I don't buy as much from IW I make fewer returns.

Coupled with the Collect+ returns labels that you get for £1.50 when you order it's the ultimate risk-free shopping but only if you don't have to chase them for the out-going P&P refund.

Ideal Worlds money back guarantee lets you try the goods, if you look at the DSR which is now replaced with Consumer Contracts Regulations you have to send goods back in good condition if not they can charge for handling

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/consumer-contracts-regulations

"A deduction can be made if the value of the goods has been reduced as a result of you handling the goods more than was necessary."

So if you send back the goods back in good condition claim the postage back under CCR, if you have used the item and shows signs of use send it back using the money back guarantee and pay for postage

Just when you think that things couldn't get any worse :mysmilie_59:

image.jpg

I wouldn't know about DSR, the only items I've ever sent back to IW were ones I've used or worn in 14 and got my money back minus list because they were used (but only £1.49 tracked return) and faulty items were they've sent me a pre-paid label and I can hand it at a Collect+ shop and track it's return, then I get my full refund then including p&p.

In answer to a poster (sorry I forgot who) asking if anyone likes anyone on IW, I do really enjoy Pope Pete's shows, in fact they now are pretty much all I can stomach on IW.
The poster (again, sorry) referencing Joanne and her multiple 'reasons' for her weight loss ; I know exactly what you mean! The same can be said for Sarah moore, constantly saying every single slimming product is what she uses. I think this is why we get so annoyed with the presenters, it's not good enough for a presenter to be positive about an item, they have to push it to beyond belief limits.
As for Loen not using her family to make a sale in the ilk of Nanty...... goodness, clearly not watched much of her! I'm afraid she does it as badly as any of them, her Mum, and her Dad, both when he was ill and after he passed away. But for me the absolute bottom of the barrell which made me completely lose any miniscule of respect for Loen and made me feel physically sick she could stoop so low, was when she was shilling a pelvic floor exerciser whatsit to, ahem, help with, ladies leaky moments when coughing etc. She, on air, said how her Mum has the problem, has to buy the lady pants (tena etc) and was 'absolutely fine' with Loen discussing this on live TV. Pardon me, but even if my Mum said she was 'fine' with it, I wouldn't be able to disrespect her, or lower her dignity to mention it TO ANYONE ALIVE let alone on live tv. Christ on a bicycle, say it's a friend of hers (truthfully her Mum IS her friend as well, so no lie) or someone she knows (again, she does technically KNOW her Mum).

As a final note, I did enjoy the fashion with Pope Pete the other night, 100 times better than screechy Gen and her 'Laydeeeeeeeez check out your baskets' every 3 seconds :) He also, rather weirdly, came up with much much better sales patter for the dresses than she ever has done, crazy world to be sure :)

I've just looked Momma, certainly looks like he is.

Well he didn't, according to the HFH website............... Robin Taylor, Managing Director of CorinCraft who produced the fragrance, said: “We are incredibly proud to be associated with Help for Heroes. We are in awe of the amazing work that they do to support British Servicemen and women injured in the line of duty. We hope that XTREME, the Fragrance will help raise further awareness and the sales will raise valuable funds to support this remarkable Charity.”

Well he didn't, according to the HFH website............... Robin Taylor, Managing Director of CorinCraft who produced the fragrance, said: “We are incredibly proud to be associated with Help for Heroes. We are in awe of the amazing work that they do to support British Servicemen and women injured in the line of duty. We hope that XTREME, the Fragrance will help raise further awareness and the sales will raise valuable funds to support this remarkable Charity.”

He was sitting there trying to give the impression it was to do with him, he shouldn't have been there at that time, talk about stealing someone's thunder.

Out of curiosity, does anyone here like anyone on IW?

I don’t mind Paul Brodel.

I find his obvious love of food amusing and a refreshing contrast to the health bores like Rick Hay, or the equally tiresome Howard and his health sermons, “According to the NHS, obesity is now...blah, blah, blah”.

A Big Brodder’s ‘all you can eat’ session is probably one of the most authentic sights you’ll ever see on shopping tele. Whether it’s a George Foreman grill, a Tefal Actifry, or non-stick pans, he really does appreciate ANY device that helps him to indulge his passion for food.

Unlike the fake moans of other presenters, the Brodel “Whoo-hoo!” is the authentic sound of someone who really enjoys their food. It might make for awkward viewing, but at least it’s the real deal:mysmilie_59:

This Bissell bullshi...........eh rep really gets on my wick, Its all SCARE SCARE SCARE........DO Y'ALL KNOW bugs, dust and dirt are in all our homes, yes very true and we are all still here teling the tale without a Bissell are we not?

And if I had a quid for everytime she rolls out the old Norovirus scare story I would have my very own team of cleaners on hand 24/7.................Honest she makes out if you buy a Bissell all bugs, dust and dirt will be immune from our homes and we will live till eternity.

This Bissell bullshi...........eh rep really gets on my wick, Its all SCARE SCARE SCARE........DO Y'ALL KNOW bugs, dust and dirt are in all our homes, yes very true and we are all still here teling the tale without a Bissell are we not?

And if I had a quid for everytime she rolls out the old Norovirus scare story I would have my very own team of cleaners on hand 24/7.................Honest she makes out if you buy a Bissell all bugs, dust and dirt will be immune from our homes and we will live till eternity.

Yes I have dirt that bugs me in my home every time I put the telly on and find Peter "dirty old perv" Simon on it :mysmilie_13:

Now if they could market a cleaner to hoover up Pete, that would be something to brag about! :mysmilie_59: Back in the Dark Ages of the early 1960's, when doctors did home visits (what?) if you were too ill to go out, or suffering from something infectious, my Mum was told by the family doctor that too much cleaning in the home was not good, as it weakened your immune system - his comments were along the lines of "a bit of dirt makes kids healthier". At the time, my Mum thought he'd lost it - but by the time the grandkids were around, she was saying the same! There's that flipping advert from Dettol that seems to be on all the time, telling us that unless we add the liquid to our machine wash, our clothes will come out like a germ factory. For goodness sake, how did people survive in the past without it?

Yes I have dirt that bugs me in my home every time I put the telly on and find Peter "dirty old perv" Simon on it :mysmilie_13:[/QUOTE

Now if they could market a cleaner to hoover up Pete, that would be something to brag about! :mysmilie_59: Back in the Dark Ages of the early 1960's, when doctors did home visits (what?) if you were too ill to go out, or suffering from something infectious, my Mum was told by the family doctor that too much cleaning in the home was not good, as it weakened your immune system - his comments were along the lines of "a bit of dirt makes kids healthier". At the time, my Mum thought he'd lost it - but by the time the grandkids were around, she was saying the same! There's that flipping advert from Dettol that seems to be on all the time, telling us that unless we add the liquid to our machine wash, our clothes will come out like a germ factory. For goodness sake, how did people survive in the past without it?

Yes I have dirt that bugs me in my home every time I put the telly on and find Peter "dirty old perv" Simon on it :mysmilie_13:[/QUOTE

That's true H, if everywhere round your home is too clinical then children can't build up a resistance.

Mind you I've never been what you'd call domesticated anyway, my husband says I always know were to hide your birthday present, in the oven or under the Hoover you don't use either, he's joking of course (she says sheepishly. :mysmilie_17:)

My OH obviously studied at the same academy as yours - sounds just like something mine would say, too! I tell him that his hoovering skills are much better than mine (slimy creep that I am!!!:giggle:).

That's true H, if everywhere round your home is too clinical then children can't build up a resistance.

Mind you I've never been what you'd call domesticated anyway, my husband says I always know were to hide your birthday present, in the oven or under the Hoover you don't use either, he's joking of course (she says sheepishly. :mysmilie_17:)

I have visions of Sob Story Shaun looming up on screen, to tell us that if only he'd bought a Bissell, his whole family would not have succumbed to the Great Dust Mite Epidemic which wiped them out. They should re-name this channel The Grim Reaper Channel.

I have visions of Sob Story Shaun looming up on screen, to tell us that if only he'd bought a Bissell, his whole family would not have succumbed to the Great Dust Mite Epidemic which wiped them out. They should re-name this channel The Grim Reaper Channel.

If only Bissell was about during The Great Plague of London. Things might have been different.

I wonder who does the Bisselling in Casa Nanty. Him or he who remains nameless? :mysmilie_59:

image.jpg

'Chef William' was demonstrating an uber super, non stick frying pan. He made fried eggs to place atop his steaks. Accordingly he placed the eggs atop his steaks, he tentatively sliced what I presume he hoped was a golden runny yolk........

image.jpg

I love an optimist :mysmilie_59:

If only Bissell was about during The Great Plague of London. Things might have been different.

I wonder who does the Bisselling in Casa Nanty. Him or he who remains nameless? :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 11501

Just wondering, is 'Bisselling' a euphemism for some other activity?

Regarding the Bissell unit, I would be surprised if Ideal's 'Queen of Clean' didn't know about the much cheaper alternative to carpet cleaners http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1155613/Washing-liquid-beats-costly-carpet-cleaners-researchers-claim.html (I'm sure this method of carpet cleaning will have been very familiar to Shaun's Nan :wink:)

Nanty is IW's answer to Kim & Aggie (remember them?). It's my understanding that his "bisselling" is strictly confined to weekends.:mysmilie_17:

Just wondering, is 'Bisselling' a euphemism for some other activity?

Regarding the Bissell unit, I would be surprised if Ideal's 'Queen of Clean' didn't know about the much cheaper alternative to carpet cleaners http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1155613/Washing-liquid-beats-costly-carpet-cleaners-researchers-claim.html (I'm sure this method of carpet cleaning will have been very familiar to Shaun's Nan :wink:)

Latest posts

Back