Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Dirty Peter is trawling out the classic lines when shilling some Trousers:-

"They look expensive, they look like you've spent a lot of money'

They're £25 for two pairs which seems a pretty decent deal to me, why do they have to go down the 'expensive' route? Ironically QVC often say something similar but the items usually ARE expensive :mysmilie_59:

Dirty Peter is trawling out the classic lines when shilling some Trousers:-

"They look expensive, they look like you've spent a lot of money'

They're £25 for two pairs which seems a pretty decent deal to me, why do they have to go down the 'expensive' route? Ironically QVC often say something similar but the items usually ARE expensive :mysmilie_59:

exactly, what is wrong with saying something is cheaper but has nothing wrong with it/does what it says on the tin.

Can you really sell aspiration for £25? well they sure do try.

Rachel has just said, absolutely categorically, that today's blockbuster of a Bissell Quickwash Carpet Cleaner with a 2 year guarantee for £89.99 & £5.99 P&P on 3 x Flexipay is never, ever going to be repeated. It's NOT coming back.

That's clear then :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 11494

9 days later and this Bissell still seems to be available on exactly the same terms, given what was being said I'm amazed there's any stock left :mysmilie_59:

http://www.idealworld.tv/pp/bissell-quickwash-carpet-cleaner-54k26-plus-two-year-guarantee-353097?referrer=search&fh_location=//IdealWorld/en_GB/$s=Quickwash

A blockbuster price lasts a month Wirral, or while stocks last, maybe she meant after the blockbuster promotion ends.........ahh who knows, it could be the "Bid" effect rubbing (don't get excited Pervy Pete) off on them. :mysmilie_17:

A blockbuster price lasts a month Wirral, or while stocks last, maybe she meant after the blockbuster promotion ends.........ahh who knows, it could be the "Bid" effect rubbing (don't get excited Pervy Pete) off on them. :mysmilie_17:

I know Shops but when listening to Rachel that wouldn't have been immediately clear, in fact far from it. And it's not just Rachel, it's all of them. And yes, they're most certainly getting dangerously close to Bid and it's tactics.

I could be wrong but Peter Simon's stock updates at 9pm for the POTD didn't seem to tally at all with Joannes's presentation at 7am. It's only my opinion but I'm seriously of the belief they'll soon be requiring a little bit of a poke regarding such nonsense, if you catch my drift (ASA).

I should have complained about that Kitchen M8 barefaced lie with the 'emails' a while back :mysmilie_59:

I know Shops but when listening to Rachel that wouldn't have been immediately clear, in fact far from it.

And it's not just Rachel, it's all of them. And yes, they're most certainly getting dangerously close to Bid and it's tactics. Peter Simon's stock updates at 9pm for the POTD didn't tally at all with Joannes's presentation at 7am :mysmilie_59:

I don't like these Bid tactics, it strips IW of all credibility. I seen a clip of him last night screaming, screaming! over apples, now if he was getting excited over "plums" I could understand but apples?!?! :mysmilie_15:

I don't like these Bid tactics, it strips IW of all credibility. I seen a clip of him last night screaming, screaming! over apples, now if he was getting excited over "plums" I could understand but apples?!?! :mysmilie_15:

Yeah I saw that, actually it was the Spiralizer that is the POTD, not the trousers as I said.

It's getting worse, it makes me wonder why the presenters are, possibly, being encouraged to behave like this?:mysmilie_59:

Barefaced lies? IW:mysmilie_13:? Just buy it, the phones have gone crazy.....

QUOTE=Wirral70;858359]I know Shops but when listening to Rachel that wouldn't have been immediately clear, in fact far from it. And it's not just Rachel, it's all of them. And yes, they're most certainly getting dangerously close to Bid and it's tactics.

I could be wrong but Peter Simon's stock updates at 9pm for the POTD didn't seem to tally at all with Joannes's presentation at 7am. It's only my opinion but I'm seriously of the belief they'll soon be requiring a little bit of a poke regarding such nonsense, if you catch my drift (ASA).

I should have complained about that Kitchen M8 barefaced lie with the 'emails' a while back :mysmilie_59:[/QUOTE]

I think all the selly telly channels are suffering from this syndrome at present. It's just relentless push, push and increasingly bizarre behaviour thrown into the mix. I know they are probably all feeling the pinch with the pressure to get sales, but their attitude can turn people off, or just mean that people tune in for the laughs.

Yeah I saw that, actually it was the Spiralizer that is the POTD, not the trousers as I said.

It's getting worse, it makes me wonder why the presenters are, possibly, being encouraged to behave like this?:mysmilie_59:

Barefaced lies? IW:mysmilie_13:? Just buy it, the phones have gone crazy.....

QUOTE=Wirral70;858359]I know Shops but when listening to Rachel that wouldn't have been immediately clear, in fact far from it. And it's not just Rachel, it's all of them. And yes, they're most certainly getting dangerously close to Bid and it's tactics.

I should have complained about that Kitchen M8 barefaced lie with the 'emails' a while back :mysmilie_59:
[/QUOTE]

They're shady gits. They're quoting the prices from various supermarkets for prepared 'Courgetti' but they were quoting the prices per Kg to make it seem uber expensive (and in fairness it is a bit of a rip off).

But Waitrose Courgetti is £1.29 for 185g and there's loads in it, we've bought it. They quoted the equivalent price per Kg which is £6.97 but that would be a bleeding mound of it, it's over 5 packets!

And their cheapest, not spaghetti Essential Waitrose Courgette costs £3 Kg :mysmilie_59:

They are past masters at stretching the truth. The ASA should have a permanent representative in the IW studio.

[/QUOTE=Wirral70;858366
They're shady gits. They're quoting the prices from various supermarkets for prepared 'Courgetti' but they were quoting the prices per Kg to make it seem uber expensive (and in fairness it is a bit of rip off).

But Waitrose Courgetti is £1.29 for 185g and there's lots in it, we've bought it. They quoted the equivalent price per Kg which is £6.97 but that would be a bleeding mound of it, it's over 5 packets!

And their cheapest, not spaghetti Essential Waitrose Courgette costs £3 Kg :mysmilie_59:[/QUOTE]

They are past masters at stretching the truth. The ASA should have a permanent representative in the IW studio.

[/QUOTE=Wirral70;858366

They're shady gits. They're quoting the prices from various supermarkets for prepared 'Courgetti' but they were quoting the prices per Kg to make it seem uber expensive (and in fairness it is a bit of rip off).

But Waitrose Courgetti is £1.29 for 185g and there's lots in it, we've bought it. They quoted the equivalent price per Kg which is £6.97 but that would be a bleeding mound of it, it's over 5 packets!

And their cheapest, not spaghetti Essential Waitrose Courgette costs £3 Kg :mysmilie_59:
[/QUOTE]

Quite.

And the machine costs £45 delivered and having a motor means it will use a fair bit of electric which isn't cheap!

Disingenuous as ever, like the Coffee Machine cost savings carp (another ASA candidate) :mysmilie_59:

They're shady gits. They're quoting the prices from various supermarkets for prepared 'Courgetti' but they were quoting the prices per Kg to make it seem uber expensive (and in fairness it is a bit of a rip off).

But Waitrose Courgetti is £1.29 for 185g and there's loads in it, we've bought it. They quoted the equivalent price per Kg which is £6.97 but that would be a bleeding mound of it, it's over 5 packets!

And their cheapest, not spaghetti Essential Waitrose Courgette costs £3 Kg :mysmilie_59:[/QUOTE]

A few weeks ago Barra Boi held up a small packet of spiralised courgette and said....... 'this will cost you around £5 in any of the big supermarkets'

I don't buy the stuff but I did think he was erm......exaggerating shall we say?

A few weeks ago Barra Boi held up a small packet of spiralised courgette and said....... 'this will cost you around £5 in any of the big supermarkets'

I don't buy the stuff but I did think he was erm......exaggerating shall we say?[/QUOTE]

Because different supermarkets sell it in different weights, they say kg because it gives a fair price per weight comparison but I agree Momma, the vile baldy coot is full of poop. :mysmilie_13:

Having recorded the earlier Luggie show, I was curious to see whether Shaun had any new sorrowful tales involving family members.

It didn’t take long before one of his regulars was (metaphorically) wheeled in, and today it was the return of his late father. Holding back the crocodile tears, Shaun mentioned how his dad had been ‘hiding’ the full extent of his medical condition during the last few years of his life. Hindsight being a wonderful sales tool, Shaun reflected on how he would “would have definitely benefitted from having one of these scooters”.

(I must confess to being a little confused about this latest revelation involving his late father. In a previous account, Shaun had mentioned how his Dad had been a virtual prisoner in his home, due to restricted mobility. Quite what he was ‘hiding’ about other aspects of his health, and why this was not obvious to his family, is a real mystery. You do start to wonder if the poor man ever had any visitors)

Aside from his father, there was also talk of Shaun’s friend (no name given) who has MS. Sketchy details were provided about his condition, but the main emphasis was of course on the miraculous benefits of a mobility scooter...:wink:

I really do think it’s high time that Ideal start providing some sort of warning before these mobility shows. Who knows just what effect these heart-wrenching tales might be having on their more emotionally vulnerable viewers... novel.jpg

Having recorded the earlier Luggie show, I was curious to see whether Shaun had any new sorrowful tales involving family members.

It didn’t take long before one of his regulars was (metaphorically) wheeled in, and today it was the return of his late father. Holding back the crocodile tears, Shaun mentioned how his dad had been ‘hiding’ the full extent of his medical condition during the last few years of his life. Hindsight being a wonderful sales tool, Shaun reflected on how he would “would have definitely benefitted from having one of these scooters”.

(I must confess to being a little confused about this latest revelation involving his late father. In a previous account, Shaun had mentioned how his Dad had been a virtual prisoner in his home, due to restricted mobility. Quite what he was ‘hiding’ about other aspects of his health, and why this was not obvious to his family, is a real mystery. You do start to wonder if the poor man ever had any visitors)

Aside from his father, there was also talk of Shaun’s friend (no name given) who has MS. Sketchy details were provided about his condition, but the main emphasis was of course on the miraculous benefits of a mobility scooter...:wink:

I really do think it’s high time that Ideal start providing some sort of warning before these mobility shows. Who knows just what effect these heart-wrenching tales might be having on their more emotionally vulnerable viewers...View attachment 11592

I'd buy the Dad hiding spiel. He was hiding from Nanty, can you blame him?

Maybe like Nanty hides Honky Tonks Jase? That family sound like a secretive lot, shhhh! :mysmilie_59:

image.jpg

I think all the selly telly channels are suffering from this syndrome at present. It's just relentless push, push and increasingly bizarre behaviour thrown into the mix. I know they are probably all feeling the pinch with the pressure to get sales, but their attitude can turn people off, or just mean that people tune in for the laughs.

I agree, Selly Telly has changed beyond recognition and it isn't just Ideal World.

At times QVC is utterly unbearable, unwatchable. They have a tech 'expert' called Abi who is positively rabid, almost foaming at the mouth. She barely takes breath, truly uncomfortable to see.

But still not as bad as Genpleaseleave, the second* worst Selly Telly presenter around for my money :mysmilie_59:

* the worst is .........

image.jpg

Latest posts

Back