Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Hmmm, soon be New Year New You time...... what do we think people? Nutribullet for the healthy eating side? Actifry perhaps? The diet chef thing? Slim noodles? What bout exercise? Hmmm, Vibrapower? Vibrapower belt? That stupidly expensive sit n cycle thing? New year New You fashionwise? Hmmm, Sugar crap, crisp sorry, bon marche perhaps? Made in Italy?...... But New Year New Makeup....... Linda Lusardi and her neck treatment she still hasn't mentioned, elizabeth Grant, Protocol, jerome 1976 alexander? Eyesential. And don't start me on the New Year New house/spruce up the garden.......I'll start you with flexihose....... :p

It's funny. I realised just now (thanks to another post) Ideal World are a joke channel. I know we all mock certain presenters and products, styles and things, but when you sit down and look at the channel as a whole, I find it quite remarkable that is it still afloat.

They have certainly gotten rid of the less 'manic' presenters, such as Andy, Martyn, Lottie, even Debbie Shore, and the bunch left are very much of the "I don't believe a word they say" brigade. Someone recently commented on how a certain presenter claims to have everything they sell. Hayley goes one better and says everything has 'changed her life'; nutribullet, vibrapower and now yesterday the Weight to go has changed her life. She also, I have noticed, gets how many of an item she has bought inconsistent, and how much she has paid for xxx inconsistent from show to show too.
I don't want to sit here and pull apart every presenter, but we all know them and their 'style' and 'sales pitches' and know they wouldn't work in the real world of retail.
So how in the name of trousers, with only 15 products or so, are they continuing to make sales?

Mr Mason is tripping himself up with his supposed purchases. Doing the pans last night, he couldn't really say he was getting them as before Christmas he had bought the ten piece ceramic set. But he did say that over Christmas one of his pans buckled and he had to throw it out. So, the ceramic pans are no good then, or else it's all made up.

PS is a creep, deneece is a smarmy strange eyed creep, pb is fat, Joe is fat, and looking more creepy in his pink 'whites'. And just to mention Qs Charlie's wearing that awful sports garb the other day whilst selling vitamin pills. For someone who doesn't drink alcohol and says he eats well looks scrawny and pathetic. Just my humble opinion tho!:mysmilie_5:

Mr Mason is tripping himself up with his supposed purchases. Doing the pans last night, he couldn't really say he was getting them as before Christmas he had bought the ten piece ceramic set. But he did say that over Christmas one of his pans buckled and he had to throw it out. So, the ceramic pans are no good then, or else it's all made up.

Upon reading your post to my mum over a morning cup of tea, she reminded me that on Bid Mike always used to claim that he had always just bought the same product prior to it appearing on Bid, but that he always paid a lot more for it! What a co-incidence!

LOL....Certain presenters do that a lot as part of the sales pitch don't they. If you believe Deniece she must have a large warehouse to accommodate her purchases .

They're not pitching at us long term savvy viewers ,they want to get the new viewers before they cotton on........

Upon reading your post to my mum over a morning cup of tea, she reminded me that on Bid Mike always used to claim that he had always just bought the same product prior to it appearing on Bid, but that he always paid a lot more for it! What a co-incidence!

Quite, during a halogen oven hour he let slip that he'd just purchased a new oven for £400. I thought that was a bit silly as when he presents the halogen, he always moans about big ovens and urges people to buy the halogen saying 'it could replace your big oven'. Seems not in the Mason household.

Also, who would purchase those expensive heaters (£600 ish) to go in 'one' of their garages?...........yes, him again :smirk:

Quite, during a halogen oven hour he let slip that he'd just purchased a new oven for £400. I thought that was a bit silly as when he presents the halogen, he always moans about big ovens and urges people to buy the halogen saying 'it could replace your big oven'. Seems not in the Mason household.

Also, who would purchase those expensive heaters (£600 ish) to go in 'one' of their garages?...........yes, him again :smirk:

Ha ha ha! They really think we are idiots don't they! Some of us listen to what they say and remember when they contradict themselves. Like on Bid TV Peter Simon saying he was too old to use computers and couldn't use them but then claimed to receive "emails" from customers which he then quickly changed changed to "letters".

I'd love to be a fly on the wall in the IW call centre, more so when they claim the phonelines are 'extremely busy' (which seems to happen every hour)

I expect there to be the noise of tumbleweed and crickets.

It's funny, Mike, during one of the halogen shows did say that he and the goddess rarely use their big oven thanks to said halogen oven....
funny that, I rarely use my iron, so if on one of the 'rare' occasions I use it it happened to break down, I don't think I would spend top whack on one.
He said his new oven was £400, hmmm, that's a huge amount to spend on an oven he rarely uses...

Oh, while I remember, did anyone see the 'My food' show? Fantastic idea (not) for only 4 flexi pays of £100 basically, you get ONE months food. So for the next 3 months after you have eaten it, you still get to pay £100 a month for it!!!
This diet plan was even worse than weight to go/diet chef, you got horrible looking 'snacks' of a bag of seeds/nuts, and if you were extra peckish you were allowed carrotts and cucumber!!! If anyone has £400 to waste on one months food for one person at 1200 calories a day.........
The thing I found odd too, is you get one flavour/type of cereal for a whole week, say you don't like it?!? Non returnable too, no 14 day money back. Also some of the dishes sounded lovely, but I love cornflakes (an example) but there are some brands I really don't like at all, and that's just a simple food like a cornflake, just struck me as mental that people would buy a months food, not knowing they liked it all, or even half of it! To give weight to go/diet chef their credit, if you taste a couple of the soups or meals and think "bleurgh" then you can send them back.
And Paul Beqcues "shockingly tight t-shirt", which was so tight it was pushing his shorts down.... when they showed a back view it was clearly, visably loose.....

bit like his brain standing on that vibrater plate nonsense that ideal world are fixated on.:muscle:

hey everyone, hope you all had a great holiday season.

anyway back to business.... radiators. back..... again!!

That guy must be so sick of pressing the button on that thermometer gun thing.

2 things.

1) Andrew Bernard with the ladder, (which incidentally looks like you could right snap it down onto your fingers if you were'nt careful!) Anyway, yes Andrew, please could you get into the correct decade lovely? Heard him first refer last night to ladies wanting to use the gentle close as it might be a bit too loud or frightening for them!!! LOL, remember how delicate we are huh :p Secondly he keeps referring to the weight.."so ladies, if you want to use it for going into the loft". I half expected him to say "if you want to use it for getting your cake equipment down from the top shelf of the kitchen, or use it to clean the top of the windowframes" :p Goodness, myself as a lady I know about 50% of the gents I know would love to be as strong as me, and I'm sure I'm not alone :) What a complete tw@.

2) Anyone seen the wonderful advert for the new hairdresser show? All I'm saying is Bruno :p I dare you to watch it and not think of Bruno.....

bit like his brain standing on that vibrater plate nonsense that ideal world are fixated on.:muscle:

The only way i see IW now-a-days is when i am going up or down channels from QVC - Create & Craft, (Am on virgin and IW is the middle chanel) and no matter what the EPG says all i see on this channel is that flippin vibrater plate! Is that all they have in their warehouse?

Oh dear oh dear Dennice.
Tonight on the Bruno haircare show, "I never get compliments on my hair because it's dry and frizzy".
Hang on, when Nicky Clarke was on less than 3 months ago you were fawning over his carp, saying you use it and love it and it's revolutionised your hair!!! I think they forget what they have supposed to have used/be using. For christs sake just sell it by saying it's good! No need at all to go to the "I use this" lengths, or the Hayley Green approach which is "this has changed my life" which we are currently running at about 3 fitness products and 3 diet products which have "changed her life" in the last 4 months :(

Oh dear oh dear Dennice.
Tonight on the Bruno haircare show, "I never get compliments on my hair because it's dry and frizzy".
Hang on, when Nicky Clarke was on less than 3 months ago you were fawning over his carp, saying you use it and love it and it's revolutionised your hair!!! I think they forget what they have supposed to have used/be using. For christs sake just sell it by saying it's good! No need at all to go to the "I use this" lengths, or the Hayley Green approach which is "this has changed my life" which we are currently running at about 3 fitness products and 3 diet products which have "changed her life" in the last 4 months :(

She's not getting compliments on her hair because they can't take their eyes off her chiseled face and sculpted eyes after using that amazing face pen thing the other week! And there she was thinking of having surgery on her eyes before that little beauty came along.

Yes apparently Sean and Genevieve both said her hair is looking really good today, they noticed the difference according to her .So her IW colleagues noticed how good the product is , what a surprise.............Dennice also says she regularly uses hair pieces.

Around 10 years ago I remember Dennice talking about compliments about her skin and denying she had any work or Botox she said then her skin was so good everyone thought she had work done. Can't remember what skin product she was selling,there's been so many.............Not much changes .

Latest posts

Back