Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

If anyone is interested in the Dormeo Options Hybrid Matresses and is a member (or knows someone who is) of Costco they are absolutely MILES cheaper than Ideal World.

Single - IW £179.88 & £7.49 P&P Costco £134.89 Delivered
Double - IW £229.99 & £7.49 P&P Costco £199.99 Delivered
King - IW £279.99 & £7.49 P&P Costco £214.99 Delivered
Super King - IW £329.99 & £7.49 P&P Costco £249.99 Delivered

Ideal World's do come with either one or two pillows but given the MASSIVE price difference you could easily buy your own and still be totally quids in :mysmilie_59:

http://www.costco.co.uk/view/p/dormeo-options-hybrid-mattress-single-90cm-169966

Having had a good look at the Costco website it seems you don't even need to be a member to shop there. You can just pay 5% more than the stated price (alternatively an annual online membership costs £15).

But even if you pay the 5% surcharge these mattresses are still hugely cheaper than Ideal World. They sell all sorts, they even sell Bissell :mysmilie_59:

Dopey Dormeo David had been demoted. He isn't a 'Director' now, he's merely 'From Dormeo'.

Is Dormeo a 'Talent' Agency? :mysmilie_59:

image.jpg

http://www.castingcallpro.com/uk/actor/profile/david-fabbro

I really didn't want to post any pictures of Nanty in his shorts but.........

Just look at how much radioactive orange streaky false tan he's got on his spindles.

It's too much, please put them away Tango Honky Tonks :mysmilie_19:

image.jpgimage.jpg

It's only my opinion but I've always felt he has something of the Gillian McKeith's about him. In fairness to him he's on Ideal World so nobody expects him to be an expert anyway, nobody cares.

Much like Tech Expert Granny Smith 'this is how you mix two faces up' all Nutrionist and Fitness Expert Doddy Flump does is show us what buttons to press on the latest wobbling plinth he's shilling and occasionally shoves some spinach and fruit in a blender.

If I want to listen to a quack I'll watch Donald Duck :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 11923

This would be the same Gillian McKeith who was forced to stop using the title "doctor", following complaints to the Advertising Standards Authority. It transpired that her only claim to the title was a qualification from a non-accredited American college. Talking of qualifications, I note that Mr Rick Hay has a diploma in, among other things, iridology-a subject which is not taken terribly seriously by medical science. There are many good articles explaining the deficiencies of this process, but the following is fairly typical of the mainstream consensus https://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/iridology/ They conclude that: "Iridology is an excellent example of pseudoscience in medicine, displaying many of the core features."

It would seem that Rick's qualifications (Dip Nutrition, Dip Botanical Medicine (Western Herbalism), Dip Iridology) are no longer available as study courses, having been removed from the curriculum since December 2015 http://www.cshisc.com.au/develop/industry-qualifications-training-packages/qualifications-under-review/complementary-alternative-health It is presumably these selfsame qualifications that have propelled Rick to his (self-described) role as "The Superfoodist". Whilst a a catchy title, the name would appear to have no meaningful significance outside of a marketing bubble. The whole issue of 'superfoods' is itself deeply controversial, so arrogating the title "Superfoodist" to oneself doesn't really confer any special expertise.

The following comment http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/superfoods-myth-or-reality/urges caution when dealing with dubious health claims: "So the bottom line is simple: Superfood is a myth and the only thing we need to do is just eat a healthy, balanced diet, don’t smoke, or drink in excess, make sure to exercise….and occasionally allow yourself a treat!" (Of course such a pragmatic approach isn't really music to the ears of those selling powders and supplements, and who might have a vested interest in maintaining certain myths, including their own 'expertise' :wink:)

Rick's website makes the following point about his role as a commentator on health issues: "Working 1-2-1 with patients over the years has gifted Rick with insight to answer the worries of a magazine’s audience, providing nutritional based treatment options for many of today’s most common health, beauty and fitness concerns authoritatively and in a practical and accessible way. I'm not sure about the use of the word "gifted" in this context, as this (usually) implies a special talent, or something bestowed without effort. I don't think that's what he meant to convey, even if it was a sort of unintended admission.

As an example of Rick's advice/options, he was asked to comment about the activities of Binky Felstead, a supposed 'star' of Made in Chelsea: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3652237/Are-Chelsea-girls-Binky-Felstead-Stephanie-Pratt-Watsons-flaunt-trim-figures-experts-say-not-healthy-think.html This woman was engaged in extreme dieting and didn't eat before exercising. Rick said that he wasn't a 'fan' of this routine, except in certain circumstances, and he also observed that she didn't need to lose any more weight. Not exactly mind-blowing advice! As regards her obviously very thin condition, saying that she didn't need to lose weight is on the same level as telling Big Brodders that he could do with losing a few pounds...it would seem that supplying banal soundbites can prove a nice little earner.

Finally, Rick makes reference to anti-ageing on his website, calling himself an "Anti Ageing Food and Fitness Nutritionist". I find the term anti-ageing highly objectionable, as it preys upon our fear of getting older (and ultimately death) and the claim is meaningless. No food, pill, powder, cream, advice, can stop ageing, and in that sense nothing can work against it. Media vita in morte sumus: In the midst of life we are in death. I know anti-ageing may be a commonly understood term in cosmetics, but it surely has no place in the title of a supposed health 'expert'.

That's enough and my apologies for rambling on (got carried away):mysmilie_10:

A very good post Desert, well done on finding that out about Rick Hay and his 'Patients'.

Let's call a spade a spade here. Rick Hay is a DODDY FLUMP and a very low rent Shopping Telly 'Expert'. All he does is pull weird faces at the camera, tries to keep standing on the wobbly thing underneath him and then shoves some Spinach and Banana in a overpriced Magimix. He's a salesman, end of, and to that end he is absolutely no different to : -

The Vanessa Feltz Fan Club
Very Creepy Crawley
Suzy Taramasalata Ioannides
Mr Brittas
SCHLOCKO
Dopey Dormeo Director David
Angela Navratilova Noghani
Made In Chelsea Tribute Act
YMCA Daddy Lloyd
Pee Pee Schaffer
Bev Bad Hare
Peter Vacuum Vol Au Vent
Jimmy Cricket
Caroline Garrard With Quartz Movement
Kevin Gorbachev
Granny Smith
BeefiKeefi
BOD

This is a roll call of real mediocrity, unmatched in Selly Telly history. Only Ideal World's truly Ghastly Goons can make them look knowledgeable :mysmilie_59:

I really didn't want to post any pictures of Nanty in his shorts but.........
Just look at how much radioactive orange streaky false tan he's got on his spindles.

It's too much, please put them away Tango Honky Tonks :mysmilie_19:

View attachment 11926View attachment 11927

Do we reckon he's used to much of that tan accelerator? Or maybe gravy browning (maybe IW don't pay too well and he can't afford it).

I appreciate that you didn't want to post a picture of him in shorts and I thank you for being sensitive to our feelings.

Do we reckon he's used to much of that tan accelerator? Or maybe gravy browning (maybe IW don't pay too well and he can't afford it).

I appreciate that you didn't want to post a picture of him in shorts and I thank you for being sensitive to our feelings.

Nanty is a walking, talking freckle. No amount of Zhuzh! could help him. He had a decidedly Pumpkin hue to his little pins.

I could be wrong but that looked like he'd been using 'Mykonos Man' Bronze and Shimmer :mysmilie_59:

Dopey Dormeo David had been demoted. He isn't a 'Director' now, he's merely 'From Dormeo'.

Is Dormeo a 'Talent' Agency? :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 11925

http://www.castingcallpro.com/uk/actor/profile/david-fabbro

It looks like Mr Fabbro has a real talent for lying on his back. According to his casting page: "David has acted alongside award winning actress Olivia Williams, playing murder victim Jason Blacksmith in ITV's Case Sensistive." He must have played a corpse:mysmilie_59:

Mr Brittas is selling Bike Box.

He says his friends are often at his house wanting a cuppa and generally interrupting his day. He added that if this also happens to you why not replace your Breakfast Bar Stools with Bike Boxes instead?

I'll think about that Mr B and get back to you :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 11922

I imagine his living room looks something like this...gym.jpg

Post deleted: I have decided that there's really nothing I have to say here any more

Hi Enigma, not sure if you're still reading the posts, or if you've left altogether. Although I don't really know you, I would be sorry to see you go. I would like to thank you for all your consistently amusing posts, and for the feedback you have given to so many people, including myself. I hope you do return at some point, but either way you have my best wishes :handshake:

Well I've never known mozzy to ever go limited before and he's just mentioned a few sizes that he reckons are limited

The guy with the 'Certificate' they have in to shill the Mozzy is called Thomas Frake.

Thomas has a YouTube Channel, he has 2 Subscribers.

He says 'I am a creative content producer with over ten years of experience across live broadcast, video, marketing and web, and a media degree in broadcast production'.

He adds 'I am now seeking full time employment with a reputable broadcaster, agency or in-house creative team, where my innovative, creative and technical production experience can be of benefit'. I'd try ITV.

Thomas says he has his own website 'thomasfrake.com' but the domain doesn't exist. I'm sure his Certificate does though :mysmilie_19:

https://m.youtube.com/user/ThomasFrakeTV

image.jpgimage.jpg

It looks like Mr Fabbro has a real talent for lying on his back. According to his casting page: "David has acted alongside award winning actress Olivia Williams, playing murder victim Jason Blacksmith in ITV's Case Sensistive." He must have played a corpse:mysmilie_59:

I heard he auditioned for the part of a corpse in 'Casualty'. He didn't get it though as the Director felt he wasn't quite dead looking enough.

But it's good to see he's now perfected that for Ideal World :mysmilie_59:

Shreque really is a hard faced and dislikable man. He's banging on about how tasteless Pasta is and that it's only the high calorie sauces that make it palatable so why not use Courgetti as it's so much more flavoursome on its own.

So what is Roly Poly Remblance putting on the 'flavoursome on its own' Courgetti?

A load of oil laden Pesto and a flurry of grated Parmesan Cheese. No wonder he looks like Billy Bunter, I think he's missing the supposed point of Spiralizing (that's if there is one) :mysmilie_59:

image.jpgimage.jpg

Shreque really is a hard faced and dislikable man. He's banging on about how tasteless Pasta is and that it's only the high calorie sauces that make it palatable so why not use Courgetti as it's so much more flavoursome on its own.

So what is Roly Poly Remblance putting on the 'flavoursome on its own' Courgetti?

A load of oil laden Pesto and a flurry of grated Parmesan Cheese. No wonder he looks like Billy Bunter, I think he's missing the supposed point of Spiralizing (that's if there is one) :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 11934View attachment 11935

He wants to try the Jane Plan pasta, Salleh says it's delish :mysmilie_59:

He wants to try the Jane Plan pasta, Salleh says it's delish :mysmilie_59:

Hang about Momma.

I've just listed to Shreque and Roly Poly Billy Bunter Remblance telling me that Pasta is evil and Courgetti is positively virtuous.

What occurs? :mysmilie_13:

Latest posts

Back