Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Komrade Kevin and Dirty Peter are, yet again, selling even more of those 'incredibly rare' Vostok Timepieces. Peter says 'their value is in their rarity'.

So rare yet it comes in a choice of 4 colours.

£8.99 P&P? Are they being shipped direct from Volgograd? :mysmilie_59:

image.jpgimage.jpg

They're standing up again and that first watch is 'limited scott'

Eh?

Peter said 'they' didn't want to 'advertise' this 'show' because Collectors and 'other people' would tune in, if you get what he means.

No Peter, I and many others rarely if ever know what you mean but we know what you are though.

These presentations are shocking. I'd say they should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves but please, as if they know of shame.

They have no shame, it's long since left the building :mysmilie_59:

Eh?

Peter said 'they' didn't want to 'advertise' this 'show' because Collectors and 'other people' would tune in, if you get what he means. No Peter, I and many others rarely if ever know what you mean but we know what you are and this channel though

These presentations are shocking, I'd say they should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves but please, as if they know shame :mysmilie_59:

Possible customers? :mysmilie_506:

Ah he's just said it again, the other people are 'inscrupables' that might get their hands on them and well, we know what they will do with them..........

Could be wrong but I think, if challenged, they'd have to substantiate that otherwise it could possibly fall into that mystical 'undue pressure' section of the BCAP.

I couldn't care less about challenging them myself, they're clearly challenged enough themselves.

Will it reach it's 17th Birthday? Who knows, who cares? :mysmilie_59:

Eh?

Peter said 'they' didn't want to 'advertise' this 'show' because Collectors and 'other people' would tune in, if you get what he means.

No Peter, I and many others rarely if ever know what you mean but we know what you are though.

These presentations are shocking. I'd say they should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves but please, as if they know of shame.

They have no shame, it's long since left the building :mysmilie_59:

What rhubarb! Collectors buy things, presumably other people buy things... what do IW care what happens to the stock once it's off their own shelves and the money's in the bank?

Trying to give the impression that they've "saved" this all-too-desirable stock for you, their favouritest, most loyal, most discerning customer. I would hope that there are not many who are foolish enough to fall for this geriatric sales pitch (nay, antique sales pitch).

Last edited:
What rhubarb! Collectors buy things, presumably other people buy things... what do IW care what happens to the stock once it's off their own shelves and the money's in the bank?

Trying to give the impression that they've "saved" this all-too-desirable stock for you, their favouritest, most loyal, most discerning customer. I would hope that their are not many who are foolish enough to fall for this geriatric sales pitch (nay, antique sales pitch).

Let's forget all the rhubarb, and it is rhubarb, for one moment. And let's forget that these watches are complete and utter carp. It's not even immediately obvious if this 'Vostok Europe' is directly related to the original, not in any way a desirable watchmaker anyway, Vostok. They're truly jawdroppingly overpriced tatt.

Why would such 'collectible' timepieces be sold on, without doubt, THE most downmarket live shopping channel? Or for that matter on ANY shopping channel? Why would a watch collector watch Ideal World, only really known these days for selling mostly cheap, no name products to help their seemingly, in their eyes, obese audience, all in instalments.

If anyone is dumb enough to fall for the 'rare' spiel when you get a choice of 4 colours (FOUR COLOURS!) then they surely must have money to burn.

Nevertheless it doesn't alter the fact that this is a genuinely schlocky outfit, stupidity is no excuse for the contempt this lot show their audience. Hopefully the audience isn't that dumb, and I have faith that they aren't, and they sell hardly any.

Dreadful, it really is. :mysmilie_59:

I noticed that gems tv and TJC do the old bid tv thing of ''we are going to close the phone lines 'to be fair'...''

I personally think that live Selly Telly in general is becoming more and more sensational and gaudy, even 'up it's own ar&#' QVC has some 'experts' that are more akin to Ringmasters.

But I've not seen anything quite as grotesque as Ideal World with it's 'foaming at the mouth' vulgarity.

And to think many people used to look open mouthed at US Informercials when they first arrived here, I think even they'd be astonished as this freak show :mysmilie_59:

Don't buy the Hoover Turbo Power Vacuum from Ideal World. They want more than Hughes and their delivery is (of course) more expensive (unless you think the added value of 8 cloths are worth £9) : -

Ideal World £77.99 & £5.99 P&P (includes 8 cloths)
Hughes £74.99 & Free P&P

http://www.idealworld.tv/pp/hoover-turbo-power-rated-vacuum-cleaner-with-8-microfibre-cloths-377267?referrer=search&fh_location=//IdealWorld/en_GB/$s=377267

http://www.hughes.co.uk/household-appliances/vacuum-cleaners/hoo-tp71tp02001/product

Disingenuous as ever they keep banging on about this 'bundle' being exclusive to Ideal World. They do of course mean the added 'free' cloths :mysmilie_19:

image.jpg

I know i am a dinosaur but i much prefer to go into a shop and see and try what i want to buy sadly becoming harder to do not least because the shops are no longer there sorry about droning on but i long to go back to the days when there was always a shop you were looking for on the high street.

I know i am a dinosaur but i much prefer to go into a shop and see and try what i want to buy sadly becoming harder to do not least because the shops are no longer there sorry about droning on but i long to go back to the days when there was always a shop you were looking for on the high street.

I don't actually go shopping at physical stores much myself Mossie, except perhaps for clothes and groceries but I don't always even do that. Or if I'm lucky that very rare big purchase!

It's nice to go for a wander a round the shops occasionally though isn't it but as you say, if the shops you like aren't there you're kind of snookered! :mysmilie_59:

I personally think that live Selly Telly in general is becoming more and more sensational and gaudy, even 'up it's own ar&#' QVC has some 'experts' that are more akin to Ringmasters.

But I've not seen anything quite as grotesque as Ideal World with it's 'foaming at the mouth' vulgarity.

And to think many people used to look open mouthed at US Informercials when they first arrived here, I think even they'd be astonished as this freak show :mysmilie_59:

It is interesting that you say that. I always had the impression that US shopping tv was shameless, brash, loud... but a accepted part of that countries culture, yet we would still see it as a source of amusement where we, the British are supposedly more civilised and reserved.

Have we surpassed that gaudy style under the guise of ''aspiration''

It is interesting that you say that. I always had the impression that US shopping tv was shameless, brash, loud... but a accepted part of that countries culture, yet we would still see it as a source of amusement where we, the British are supposedly more civilised and reserved.

Have we surpassed that gaudy style under the guise of ''aspiration''

We went to New York earlier in the year.

I say this because I genuinely mean it. I have never, either in America or here, seen anything on Selly Telly quite as grotesque as Dirty Peter, Genpleaseleave, GOLLUM, Shreque and De Knees.

And never have I heard anything quite as obtuse as Nanty talking about his deceased Father's illness. Bid surely wasn't anything like as bad as this channel, at least it was irreverent and sometimes fun. It was crooked though!

But for me the presentation on Ideal World is charmless, lacking in engagement and certainly in fun. Sadly I sometimes find it plain obscene :mysmilie_59:

I say this because I genuinely mean it. I have never, either in America or here, seen anything on Selly Telly quite as grotesque as Dirty Peter, Genpleaseleave, GOLLUM, Shreque and De Knees.

And never have I heard anything quite as obtuse as Nanty talking about his deceased Father's illness. Bid surely wasn't anything like as bad as this channel, at least it was irreverent and sometimes fun. It was crooked though!

But for me the presentation on Ideal World is charmless, lacking in engagement and certainly in fun. Sadly I sometimes find it plain obscene :mysmilie_59:

I was reading earlier about the Disney thing. As if they would sell the Disney products and not tell the customers that they are not allowed to sell them on for profit.

I was reading earlier about the Disney thing. As if they would sell the Disney products and not tell the customers that they are not allowed to sell them on for profit.

Shambolic.

By all accounts they're on a path to ruining Create and Craft, and Crafting is a massive growth industry.

Headless Chickens springs to mind :mysmilie_59:

They're freaks, the equivalent of cowboy door-to-door salesmen that get reported on 'Rogue Traders' and 'Watchdog'.

I don't think I am that much of a dinosaur, but I love a good browse round the shops. I am lucky that I have a good selection in London that I can access easily. I use the internet to research a product but am careful where I spend my money. If a company doesn't have a good reputation but are £10 cheaper I would probably not use them in case I had a problem and had trouble getting my money back.

Latest posts

Back