Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brodel and Hayley just implied that the actifry MUST be amazing because one of the worlds top superstars is pictured hugging it.

They didn't name the person..... why can't you name them? If it's true then surely you are stating fact?

So if some' celebrity' nameless in the case of iw cooed over a piece of s***that would be amazing too?They must think we are all totally mindless fools.Falling for every lie they tell.Who in the right mind would hug an Actifry anyway?

So if some' celebrity' nameless in the case of iw cooed over a piece of s***that would be amazing too?They must think we are all totally mindless fools.Falling for every lie they tell.Who in the right mind would hug an Actifry anyway?

Someone who was paid to hug an Actifry? I can't say the name though so .........

image.jpg

(Sent from my iPad but I absolutely love Samsung Tablets, I hug mine if you cross my palm with silver :mysmilie_59:)

Is The Jane Plan is The Jane Scam? It's a 28 Day Menu for £159.99 & £7.99 P&P but you are only allowed to return it if you've only eaten one day's worth : -

'We’re happy for you to try one day’s worth of meals from The Jane Plan 4 Week Hamper. If you do not like them or feel the diet is not for you just return the remaining items to us and we will refund you the full price for the hamper (excluding P&P charges). To qualify for this offer you must return a minimum of 27 of breakfasts, 27 snacks, 27 soups/salads and 27 meals (individual packs must be unopened and in their original condition) within 14 days from the date of delivery to you'

How do you know if it's any good after one day? Oh Ideal World, you really are beyond schlocky :mysmilie_59:

Viking know how to make Bikes, as they've been making Bikes for over one hundred years, say these two plonkers now selling the Viking Electric Bikes on I.W.

Viking Bikes were originally made in Wolverhampton until 1967, when the business folded. The business was bought by two Americans who moved it to Londonderry.

Viking know how to make Bikes, as they've been making Bikes for over one hundred years, say these two plonkers now selling the Viking Electric Bikes on I.W.

Viking Bikes were originally made in Wolverhampton until 1967, when the business folded. The business was bought by two Americans who moved it to Londonderry. The company now assembles Bikes from bought in parts.

Nothing like stretching the truth is there I.W?

Copied from the history of Viking Bikes.

Although the production of juvenile machines partly compensated for the loss of the lightweight club-market, it wasn’t enough to save the company and production ended in 1967. During the last two years Reg Davies worked with Frank Williams who was assembling Viking bicycles and on his retirement the company closed. The business was purchased by two Americans who started it up again in Londonderry. Viking Cycles still exists in Northern Ireland today, but as a bicycle assembler, assembling cycles from brought-in spares.

Viking Bikes were originally made in Wolverhampton until 1967, when the business folded. The business was bought by two Americans who moved it to Londonderry. The company now assembles Bikes from bought in parts.

Nothing like stretching the truth is there I.W?

It's like the 'Over 100 Years' carp regarding Tower. Sure, the brand name has been around that long. But the 'Tower' name has been owned by all manner of companies since the mid 1970's, including Russell Hobbs (itself now just a brand name that is owned by an American branding firm called Spectrum).

The Tower brand name (which is all it is) is now owned by a branding firm called RKW Limited. And it's been a looooooooooong time since anything was 'made by' Tower in Wolverhampton. A very, very long time.

Nothing wrong with Tower branded products mind, they're just nothing really to do with 'Tower' though :mysmilie_59:

Is The Jane Plan is The Jane Scam? It's a 28 Day Menu for £159.99 & £7.99 P&P but you are only allowed to return it if you've only eaten one day's worth : -

'We’re happy for you to try one day’s worth of meals from The Jane Plan 4 Week Hamper. If you do not like them or feel the diet is not for you just return the remaining items to us and we will refund you the full price for the hamper (excluding P&P charges). To qualify for this offer you must return a minimum of 27 of breakfasts, 27 snacks, 27 soups/salads and 27 meals (individual packs must be unopened and in their original condition) within 14 days from the date of delivery to you'

How do you know if it's any good after one day? Oh Ideal World, you really are beyond schlocky :mysmilie_59:

So you lose £8 in postage, then will probably have to spend another £8 to get it sent back, so basically you'd have paid £16 for a single serving of porridge, a biscuit, a sachet of soup and a single portion ready meal - bargain...where do I sign up?!!

I have to disagree with the last bit though. I think you'll realise it's no good the moment you rip open the packet and see what a crock of old shite lies within! let alone eat any of it! As for the losing weight bit..I'm sure it works a treat...swap eating big hearty meals and snacks for low calorie soups and low cal ready meals and have a single biccie instead of a snickers everyday and see what happens!

So you lose £8 in postage, then will probably have to spend another £8 to get it sent back, so basically you'd have paid £16 for a single serving of porridge, a biscuit, a sachet of soup and a single portion ready meal - bargain...where do I sign up?!!

I have to disagree with the last bit though. I think you'll realise it's no good the moment you rip open the packet and see what a crock of old shite lies within! let alone eat any of it! As for the losing weight bit..I'm sure it works a treat...swap eating big hearty meals and snacks for low calorie soups and low cal ready meals and have a single biccie instead of a snickers everyday and see what happens!

The good news Merry is that you can cart the box down to your local Asda (if you have one) and send it back, for free.

But what's the point of spending £168 all in on a 28 Day Plan from a company that has a 'No Quibble 14 Day Money Back Guarantee' only to be able to try it for one single day and if you have so much as the next day's snack you're locked in, end of. What an absolute con, pure shysters.

Personally, like all the Presenters, I find just by using my Actifry, Visicook, Spiralizer, George Foreman, Nutribullet, Total Crunch, Vibrapower, Bike Box and Iron Man it's more than sufficient for the body beautiful and if I need any extra help after a night out there's always Proskins :mysmilie_59:

image.jpg

Oprah Winfrey? The same Oprah Winfrey who is always recommending products, just as a public service of course.

And the same Oprah Winfrey who gushed about the Microsoft Surface Tablet on Twitter but forgot to delete the 'sent from my iPad' signature before the Tweet was posted :mysmilie_59:

oh my, I didn't know that had happened. Oh Oprah.

I wouldn't mind so much if they just said ''oprah likes it'' it's the implying without actually saying anything that grinds my gears.

The good news Merry is that you can cart the box down to your local Asda (if you have one) and send it back, for free.

But what's the point of spending £168 all in on a 28 Day Plan from a company that has a 'No Quibble 14 Day Money Back Guarantee' only to be able to try it for one single day and if you have so much as the next day's snack you're locked in, end of. What an absolute con, pure shysters.

Personally, like all the Presenters, I find just by using my Actifry, Visicook, Spiralizer, George Foreman, Nutribullet, Total Crunch, Vibrapower, Bike Box and Iron Man it's more than sufficient for the body beautiful and if I need any extra help after a night out there's always Proskins :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 12238

sounds like there would be more than a quibble.

The Tower brand name (which is all it is) is now owned by a branding firm called RKW Limited. And it's been a looooooooooong time since anything was 'made by' Tower in Wolverhampton. A very, very long time.

This is what really annoys me - the disingenuousness of it. It's the same concept as buying one square foot of land in the Highlands and attempting to call yourself Lord.

I noticed that IW has started selling PIFCO branded products, which is another company of ancient history I suspect has been harvested for its name. It wouldn't surprise me if we saw Pye products at some point. Cheap Chinese shite hung on a 'heritage' name to hoodwink the uninitiated.

This is what really annoys me - the disingenuousness of it. It's the same concept as buying one square foot of land in the Highlands and attempting to call yourself Lord.

I noticed that IW has started selling PIFCO branded products, which is another company of ancient history I suspect has been harvested for its name. It wouldn't surprise me if we saw Pye products at some point. Cheap Chinese shite hung on a 'heritage' name to hoodwink the uninitiated.

Pifco doesn't really 'exist' either.

It's another brand name from RKW Limited, the stable that owns the Tower, Morphy Richards and Elgento brand names. Again, nothing wrong with Pifco labelled stuff but it's usually cheap as chips, generic Chinese made. We have a Pifco Steam Mop which we used until recently. The Morphy Richards lines are also sold on QVC as well as Ideal World.

But, like Tower, Pifco is just a legacy British brand name. It's very common, Argos own the legacy Bush and Alba brand names :mysmilie_59:

http://www.rkwltd.com/our-brands

Pifco doesn't really 'exist' either.

It's another brand name from RKW Limited, the stable that owns the Tower, Morphy Richards and Elgento brand names. Again, nothing wrong with Pifco labelled stuff but it's usually cheap as chips, generic Chinese made. We have a Pifco Steam Mop which we used until recently. The Morphy Richards lines are also sold on QVC as well as Ideal World.

But, like Tower, Pifco is just a legacy British brand name. It's very common, Argos own the legacy Bush and Alba brand names :mysmilie_59:

http://www.rkwltd.com/our-brands

Of course Argos don't really pretend that Alba and Bush are anything but cheap and cheerful brands; Alba's their bargain basement brand and Bush is a little bit posher. Indeed some of those products aren't bad at all for the money - Bush smartphones are rebranded Archos products, etc. - and they don't pretend that Bush has a long and illustrious heritage as IW do with Viking when selling their electric bikes.

Just to complicate matters, some companies still exist in some form but they licence their brand name to specific retailers for additional products, eg. Blaupunkt -> Sainsbury's and JVC -> Dixons Carphone/Currys, etc. and RKW in this case licence the Morphy Richards brand in the same fashion but it's up to RKW to be the arbiter of quality. Also I note that Pifco (plus Akai and Carmen) are in the same category; Akai still make audio equipment but they use a different logo compared to the RKW incarnation.

Of course Argos don't really pretend that Alba and Bush are anything but cheap and cheerful brands; Alba's their bargain basement brand and Bush is a little bit posher. Indeed some of those products aren't bad at all for the money - Bush smartphones are rebranded Archos products, etc. - and they don't pretend that Bush has a long and illustrious heritage as IW do with Viking when selling their electric bikes.

Just to complicate matters, some companies still exist in some form but they licence their brand name to specific retailers for additional products, eg. Blaupunkt -> Sainsbury's and JVC -> Dixons Carphone/Currys, etc. and RKW in this case licence the Morphy Richards brand in the same fashion but it's up to RKW to be the arbiter of quality. Also I note that Pifco (plus Akai and Carmen) are in the same category; Akai still make audio equipment but they use a different logo compared to the RKW incarnation.

It's all very complicated with brand names isn't it? Home Retail (Argos' owner) also own the old Schreiber and Habitat Furniture brand names, among many others.

It doesn't really matter so long as the product is good value for the quality offered. But, as you say, when a schlocky outfit purports that 'Company X' has been around for 300 years it's at best disingenuous.

But none of this comes close to the egregious Watch and Space Diamond sales. At times we're talking hundreds of pounds and Komrade Kev, Caroline Garrard and Tom Pepper are quite revolting.

Bad, for me it's as bad as it gets :down:

I have noticed Joanne and Rachael are on a good deal less lately. Perhaps these two are the next two half decent presenters to be given the push in favour of the ex bid mob?

I have noticed Joanne and Rachael are on a good deal less lately. Perhaps these two are the next two half decent presenters to be given the push in favour of the ex bid mob?

Sad isn't it? It seems there's no place for someone with a modicum of likability and the ability to have some irreverence about them.

To that end Nanty and De Knees should be OK, until it goes bust :mysmilie_59:

I wonder if they have reverse new brooms in at IW? Normally a new broom sweeps clean, but here it looks like the opposite is occurring. All that is grubby and disreputable is being swept into place, and anything that had any decency swept away.

It's a shame, as some of what they offer, and some of their business proposition has been very good... and showed up some of the archaic practises over at QVC. Now there really is no proper competition in the UK for QVC it really reinforces QVC in continuing to operate in the increasingly out-dated way it does.

If they want to rely on their website for all their shopping, so be it... but then why bother with the sideshow that their scheduled presentations are becoming?

I wonder if they have reverse new brooms in at IW? Normally a new broom sweeps clean, but here it looks like the opposite is occurring. All that is grubby and disreputable is being swept into place, and anything that had any decency swept away.

It's a shame, as some of what they offer, and some of their business proposition has been very good... and showed up some of the archaic practises over at QVC. Now there really is no proper competition in the UK for QVC it really reinforces QVC in continuing to operate in the increasingly out-dated way it does.

If they want to rely on their website for all their shopping, so be it... but then why bother with the sideshow that their scheduled presentations are becoming?

QVC is so far up its own ar&^ it's unreal.

But as much as I dislike QVC there can no longer be any comparison made to it and this version of Ideal World. The only thing they seem to have in common is their reliance on older customers, their ridiculous, out of date selling practices and their achingly slow and eye wateringly high delivery charges in comparison to the real world of retail.

In fairness Ideal World have introduced 'free' returns, well sort of. But it's glaringly obvious this has been accompanied by an overall hike in delivery charges in the first place. This and their continued use of order lines employing 09 premium rate telephone numbers just to get through to exclusively offshore call centres genuinely sets it apart from any retailer I know of.

But in terms of presentation, transparency of pricing ('our usual price' is just pure BS) and the overall quality and range of products QVC absolutely annihaltes this lot, even if their pricing at times is ludicrously expensive. But it tends to be at it's most expensive for really high quality stuff like Apple, Samsung and Kitchen Aid though, always sweetened with Easypay.

Ideal World is at it most expensive for total crap like Space Diamonds, Soviet Era and Not Proper Tissot Watches and simply the most utterly trashy, plazzy 'Furniture' you could possibly hope to find. And their cheapo but far from cheap, no name face potions are preposterous :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back