Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Kevinski says "when buying a Vostok your joining part of a unique family"

Is that a good or a bad thing though Kev? Also why does this hour turn into an hour of Space Craft, Tanks, Submarines, Ships, Radio's, back in the USSR, Red Square, Vilnius, Igor says, Kevinski says, then the old "These watches blah blah blah" Infact these watches have sod all do to with the above mentioned points, Nanty, Kevinski (and Igor in spirit) are simply using an hour up filling it with small talk to flog overpriced watches.

The watches are simple, cheap and cheerful (but overpriced on IW) nowt special do the job watches.

PS Kevinski just admitted he knows "proper watch distributors in the far east" yes finally something we all agree on :mysmilie_59:

Hugo Schwatze Watches made in China.

The automatic Vostoks use very cheap movements as used in the original Boctoc Watches from Chistopol in Russia, which you can pick up for under£40.

Hugo Schwatze Watches made in China.

The automatic Vostoks use very cheap movements as used in the original Boctoc Watches from Chistopol in Russia, which you can pick up for under£40.

The pertinent point with Vostok Schlock is surely this. If they were crap in Soviet times why are they going to any good now?

Maybe Comrade Corbyn wears one to remind him of happier days but I bet Roman Abramovich doesn't :mysmilie_59:

The pertinent point with Vostok Schlock is surely this. If they were crap in Soviet times why are they going to any good now?

Maybe Comrade Corbyn wears one to remind him of happier days but I bet Roman Abramovich doesn't :mysmilie_59:

Very good point. Why are we being told Soviet-era watches are so desirable and collectible when any Russian with a free choice of watch will likely go for a Swiss watch, not one of their own?

who is flakey tom/tom pepper? lol

His name is Tom Frake, he's supposedly a Jewellery Expert. Interestingly he used to be a Producer at Bid TV and he's apparently looking for work. He has a YouTube channel, he has 2 Subscribers, search 'Thomas Frake'. Anyway ..............

Tom Frake
Tom Fake
Tom Fake Diamonds
Tom Pepper

Remember, Ideal World has got absolutely no connection whatsoever with the defunct Sit Up. I thank you :mysmilie_59:

Very good point. Why are we being told Soviet-era watches are so desirable and collectible when any Russian with a free choice of watch will likely go for a Swiss watch, not one of their own?

The reviews for Vostok are often just as shocking as Ideal World's reviews on any honest, independent review site.

Take your pick :mysmilie_59:

I have an automatic Boctoc Radio Room Watch, which I got for £40, it's ok for the money, but time keeping is a bit wayward.

I have an automatic Boctoc Radio Room Watch, which I got for £40, it's ok for the money, but time keeping is a bit wayward.

£40, now we're talking. That's OK isn't it? But hundreds and hundreds?

I think we all like attractive watches but the primary use for one is to tell time. Sadly, as anyone who cares to look will find out quick fashion, is that Vostok Watches are neither noted for their style or timekeeping anymore than Ideal World is noted for having a good reputation :mysmilie_59:

His name is Tom Frake, he's supposedly a Jewellery Expert. Interestingly he used to be a Producer at Bid TV and he's apparently looking for work. He has a YouTube channel, he has 2 Subscribers, search 'Thomas Frake'. Anyway ..............

Tom Frake
Tom Fake
Tom Fake Diamonds
Tom Pepper

Remember, Ideal World has got absolutely no connection whatsoever with the defunct Sit Up. I thank you :mysmilie_59:

So it begs the question... is he there because of mason/simon/jacks... or are they there because of him?

£40, now we're talking. That's OK isn't it? But hundreds and hundreds?

I think we all like attractive watches but the primary use for one is to tell time. Sadly, as anyone who cares to look will find out quick fashion, is that Vostok Watches are neither noted for their style or timekeeping anymore than Ideal World is noted for having a good reputation :mysmilie_59:

The ones with Citizen or Seiko movements should be ok, but if I wanted a Watch with one of those movements, I'd buy A Citizen Or Seiko.

So it begs the question... is he there because of mason/simon/jacks... or are they there because of him?

No Mr Tom, Tom Pepper isn't there because of anything to do with Bid or anyone who was at Bid. Let's be clear on that.

Ideal World have confirmed, and I have no reason to doubt their word, that they have absolutely no connection whatsoever, in any way, Rick Hay, Flexipay, oh what a gay day, with Bid Shopping.

NONE. I hope that's cleared things up :mysmilie_59:

I have a semi -automatic Chinese watch from ebay via china which I bought for £1.43 +£4.00 shipping five years ago. It says swiss made on it.(ha ha ha) and keeps time ok.It does need winding everyday though.
It is what it is -a cheap but ok watch that wasn't sold as anything but that.I bought it partly to see whether it would look and last compared to very similar watches being sold at various outlets at the time.

I have a semi -automatic Chinese watch from ebay via china which I bought for £1.43 +£4.00 shipping five years ago. It says swiss made on it.(ha ha ha) and keeps time ok.It does need winding everyday though.
It is what it is -a cheap but ok watch that wasn't sold as anything but that.I bought it partly to see whether it would look and last compared to very similar watches being sold at various outlets at the time.

Cheap as chips, good value products are good. I buy loads of such stuff, like most of us. You usually know what you're buying and the low cost of such products is usually indicative of the quality.

But well overpriced, poor value, disingenuously sold products are bad. And this shower, not always but far too often, now seem to engage in this style of retailing at times and in my opinion it stinks.

And history tells us you won't get away with it. It's so difficult to build a good reputation and even more difficult to rid yourself of a bad one. It's been the death of many a retailer :mysmilie_59:

Cheap as chips, good value products are good. I buy loads of such stuff, like most of us. You usually know what you're buying and the low cost of such products is usually indicative of the quality.

But well overpriced, poor value, disingenuously sold products are bad. And this shower, not always but far too often, now seem to engage in this style of retailing at times and in my opinion it stinks.

And history tells us you won't get away with it. It's so difficult to build a good reputation and even more difficult to rid yourself of a bad one. It's been the death of many a retailer :mysmilie_59:

Agreed! We all pop into places like Primark and Poundstretcher and buy something cheap half expecting to have to throw it away after the holiday or after a few uses, then are pleasantly surprised when it's still looking good after ten washes, it hasn't sprung a leak or can be used for your next holiday. What I don't expect is to be sold a lie, given some ridiculous back story about craftmanship and manufacture. The last thing I bought from IW was a pair of heeled ankle boots on the promise that they were the most comfortable "heels" that could ever grace your trotters. They were wide fitting (not that my feet are particularly wide), cushioned and like walking on air, in fact one of the presenters said that she wore hers all day on a shopping trip and couldn't even feel she had them on! Got them home tried them on, and yes they did feel comfortable so I wore them on an evening out to the theatre after less that half an hour my feet felt as though they were on fire and I actually had to take them off as soon as I sat down! I stupidly decided to give them another go and wore them out for an evening - same again - sheer agony! Gave 'em to a mate to try and guess what -same story! Ok, boots and shoes are a funny one 'cause when you buy them from a shop you're never sure how they're going to feel until you've worn them a couple of times, and again yes a higher heel is not usually a marker for comfort - But when you've been sold a pair of "comfort boots" one would expect them to be comfortable, even slightly comfortable - These I kid you not were possibly the most uncomfortable footwear I've worn since my teens!

Agreed! We all pop into places like Primark and Poundstretcher and buy something cheap half expecting to have to throw it away after the holiday or after a few uses, then are pleasantly surprised when it's still looking good after ten washes, it hasn't sprung a leak or can be used for your next holiday. What I don't expect is to be sold a lie, given some ridiculous back story about craftmanship and manufacture. The last thing I bought from IW was a pair of heeled ankle boots on the promise that they were the most comfortable "heels" that could ever grace your trotters. They were wide fitting (not that my feet are particularly wide), cushioned and like walking on air, in fact one of the presenters said that she wore hers all day on a shopping trip and couldn't even feel she had them on! Got them home tried them on, and yes they did feel comfortable so I wore them on an evening out to the theatre after less that half an hour my feet felt as though they were on fire and I actually had to take them off as soon as I sat down! I stupidly decided to give them another go and wore them out for an evening - same again - sheer agony! Gave 'em to a mate to try and guess what -same story! Ok, boots and shoes are a funny one 'cause when you buy them from a shop you're never sure how they're going to feel until you've worn them a couple of times, and again yes a higher heel is not usually a marker for comfort - But when you've been sold a pair of "comfort boots" one would expect them to be comfortable, even slightly comfortable - These I kid you not were possibly the most uncomfortable footwear I've worn since my teens!

Shoes are a tricky one to buy aren't they Merry? And I don't think Ideal World help when selling 'Cushion Walk'.

When selling these shoes they tend to have one pair (possibly two) in various colours that are all Leather and this is the design they spend the most time describing. But then they move one to other designs that aren't Leather but merely have Leather insoles. They don't seem to spend anything like the time describing them and tend to fly through several such designs.

Take a look at the Cushion Walk page, I think the name of this brand could also add to 'confusion'. Most of their shoes seem to be plastic but I believe that everything about the spiel might make someone assume they're all Leather :mysmilie_59:

http://www.idealworld.tv/fashion/footwear/brand--cushion+walk/brand--cushion+walk?fh_start_index=0&fh_sort_by=0

Latest posts

Back