Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yeah, but the "delightful and trustworthy" Gollum has put on a jacket to do this sale. So it must be a good product...

Ah, is LITTLE GOLLUM presenting the 'show' Muttley? I didn't watch it, I've seen enough of it before. It's schlocky personified.

And how come a bottle of Quack Crap Collagen Capsules cost more than getting a Will written? Surely that can't be right can it?

Maybe the Will is crap too. Mind you, by the time it's discovered that the Will is crap you'll be kaput :mysmilie_59:

Ah, is LITTLE GOLLUM presenting the 'show' Muttley? I didn't watch it, I've seen enough of it before. It's schlocky personified.

And how come a bottle of Quack Crap Collagen Capsules cost more than getting a Will written? Surely that can't be right can it?

Maybe the Will is crap too. Mind you, by the time it's discovered that the Will is crap you'll be kaput :mysmilie_59:

It was indeed Little Gollum, I only saw a minute of it. If only there was someone out there who could write your will, like a local Solicitor? Who would trust these people with a will? They would probably lose it!

It was indeed Little Gollum, I only saw a minute of it. If only there was someone out there who could write your will, like a local Solicitor? Who would trust these people with a will? They would probably lose it!

Quite. I think if you can afford to it may be prudent to see a registered Law Professional. This company is not a Law Practice although in fairness they don't need to be to be involved in Will Writing.

But my concerns were raised when the salesman was saying that their 'Staff' have regular performance and competency reviews. He sounded like he was talking about Call Centre staff :mysmilie_59:

Quite. I think if you can afford to it may be prudent to see a registered Law Professional. This company is not a Law Practice although in fairness they don't need to be to be involved in Will Writing.

But my concerns were raised when the salesman was saying that their 'Staff' have regular performance and competency reviews. He sounded like he was talking about Call Centre staff :mysmilie_59:

This is an important issue and needs to be taken seriously. It may be more expensive to use a qualified person but may benefit long term. These things are cheaper or less aggravating to do them properly.

Yeah, but the "delightful and trustworthy" Gollum has put on a jacket to do this sale. So it must be a good product...

That made me chuckle. It reminded me of when steve macdonald would wear the suit on shifts where he was flogging a Kincaid on bid.

That made me chuckle. It reminded me of when steve macdonald would wear the suit on shifts where he was flogging a Kincaid on bid.

Ah yes Mr Tom, i'm sure we all recall this. As Lisa Brash's understudy Steve MacDonald was a Bona Fide Art Aficionado and I learned much from both of them, about Household Insurance. Interestingly his Twitter title says he's a 'Sales Director and Management Professional'.

I thought he demonstrated hoovers on QVC. Shows what I know :mysmilie_59:

image.jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/shinto6

That 'Legacy Wills' outfit looks like it could do with someone leaving them some money in a will :mysmilie_59:

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/08630878/LEGACY-WILLS--ESTATE-PLANNING-LIMITED/summary

Oh dear! And six directors resigning/jumping ship in a month. Doesn't look great, does it. A disreputable company in financial distress preying on vulnerable people using the equally schlocky medium of a second-rate TV shopping channel staffed by ex Bid-TV chancers. Classy.

Oh dear! And six directors resigning/jumping ship in a month. Doesn't look great, does it. A disreputable company in financial distress preying on vulnerable people using the equally schlocky medium of a second-rate TV shopping channel staffed by ex Bid-TV chancers. Classy.

The increasing number of 'infomercials' is tedious. What kind of a mainstream, live shopping channel hands over hours of airtime to paid programmes?

I was speaking to someone the other day about the 'Thomas Sanderson Conservatory Valet Service' they shill on Ideal World. I won't deny I was surprised to learn that it supposedly costs over a grand. He said his parents paid about £1300 although he added it is quite a large Conservatory and they did do a good job :mysmilie_59:

The increasing number of 'infomercials' is tedious. What kind of a mainstream, live shopping channel hands over hours of airtime to paid programmes?

I was speaking to someone the other day about the 'Thomas Sanderson Conservatory Valet Service' they shill on Ideal World. I won't deny I was surprised to learn that it supposedly costs over a grand. He said his parents paid about £1300 although he added it is quite a large Conservatory and they did do a good job :mysmilie_59:

Sorry, did you say £1,300 for a couple of men with buckets and sponges? Seriously?

I must live on another planet. I'd start to think £130 was expensive for someone to essentially clean some windows and wipe around with a cloth. Perhaps chuck in another few quid for them going round the nooks and crannies. But ten times that price! It just seems amazing to me that people will spend so much money for so little return.

Sorry, did you say £1,300 for a couple of men with buckets and sponges? Seriously?

I must live on another planet. I'd start to think £130 was expensive for someone to essentially clean some windows and wipe around with a cloth. Perhaps chuck in another few quid for them going round the nooks and crannies. But ten times that price! It just seems amazing to me that people will spend so much money for so little return.

Yes Craftalot, around £1300. It did sound a lot to me but having never owned a Conservatory it may well be a 'going rate' price, I really don't know. It just kind of surprised me but that could be down to my complete and utter ignorance of such things!

He did say there were 3 men 'on the job', he didn't say how long it took but he did add that they did a nice job.

But it is expensive to get people to do work in your home isn't it? I remember some years ago our front door lock broke, we couldn't get in so had to call an 'Emergency Locksmith'. As I recall it cost nigh on £400.

Praise be for Barclaycard! :mysmilie_59:

Ah yes Mr Tom, i'm sure we all recall this. As Lisa Brash's understudy Steve MacDonald was a Bona Fide Art Aficionado and I learned much from both of them, about Household Insurance. Interestingly his Twitter title says he's a 'Sales Director and Management Professional'.

I thought he demonstrated hoovers on QVC. Shows what I know :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 12296

https://mobile.twitter.com/shinto6

Is this an example of someone with a actual job, being so desperate to be on tv, that they will be willing to even demonstrate a hoover to keep their presence on tv?

Is this an example of someone with a actual job, being so desperate to be on tv, that they will be willing to even demonstrate a hoover to keep their presence on tv?

Old Steve knows everything there is to know about Dyson vacuum cleaners, along with everything else. A true font of all knowledge!

Fayon with the POD furniture collection heat massaging 'tip you out' chair

'Think about where you're going to put this when you get it home, what room, maybe..... next to your favourite chair.....'

?What?

11:00 PM DeLorean Timepieces Mike Mason with Thomas Frake GIA AJP

An expert on watches too?

I've said it before ........

Thomas Frake
Tom Flake
Tom Fake
Tom Fake Diamonds
Tom Pepper
Tom you used to work for Bid, like most of them do, and Ideal World is NOWT to do with Bid :mysmilie_19:

Latest posts

Back