Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Just looked at reviews . Another awful company. Skinn guy looks as if he's had a bit more than creams on/under his Skinn.Hayley is going frantic over it.

You are dead right there. Someone somewhere is going to end up seriously not a happy shopper. Guy on Skinn is making some pretty outrageous claims as I write.'Stem 'cells from plants working in human cells?hmmmm. Think I'll eat my fruit.

Skinn Cosmetics are quite clearly a lower end of the market brand, with reasonable packaging to inflate the price, much like old Lizzies's Torricelumn (TM) potions.

Some of Nok Off Gok's claims do seem, shall we say, somewhat 'exotic' but none more so than his claim that his Ideal World customers are his 'girls'.

Girls? Joking aren't you :mysmilie_59:

image.jpg

Ha ha ha he doesn't seem like a ladies man to me.The buttering up of said girls is all part of dodgy sales tactics.Did you see channel just now and demo with saggy decolletage?I wonder if he's going to imply his lips are the result of his cream.Yes sure!!!

Ha ha ha he doesn't seem like a ladies man to me.The buttering up of said girls is all part of dodgy sales tactics.Did you see channel just now and demo with saggy decolletage?I wonder if he's going to imply his lips are the result of his cream.Yes sure!!!

He's got a Trout Pout. And my word he's schlocky so you know he's on the right channel.

Have you heard his 'story' that he set up Skinn Cosmetics from his Garage with just $2500 on his Credit Card. I wonder if he's been able to pay it back yet, doubt it.

Why does there always have to be a story eh? :mysmilie_59:

Caroline Hirons the beauty blogger had a major rant about the use of so called stem cell in beauty products.

If they worked then they would be used in medical trails, people with spine injuries would be able to regrow nerves etc.

Precisely. Research is going on into stem cell therapy for lots of conditions I don't think for a minute putting a bit of cream on can change the skin ie can't make you look young again. Maybe it can temporarily fill in the surface crags. Wouldn't it be wonderful if a bit of cream could make awful life changing illnesses and injuries better? Could you imagine how a burn victim could benefit ? The skin is a natural barrier otherwise unwanted and dangerous things could get in. To suggest that these creams penetrate right into the layers of the skin is a load of rubbish.

If we look at the enormous amounts of gloop on sale for all kinds of skin improvements/care, wouldn't it make sense that if just one worked, everyone would be buying that particular brand? Just saying.

The Bamix Swissline on Ideal World for £186 delivered is some £14 cheaper than anywhere else. There's no doubt that Bamix are top drawer, genuinely professional grade Hand Blenders. At that price they're not for William and Roly Poly, they're for Chefs, proper Chefs

We have a Russell Hobbs Hand Blender, we've had it for years and I can't remember what it cost when we bought it but a similar one in John Lewis costs £38.50 delivered.

The only thing it (probably) can't do that the Bamix can is make Mayonaisse or froth up Water and Coffee into an emulsion like the man demonstrating the Bamix did (which is what every Bamix demonstration evermore has shown). That's only because you can't change the blade, I'm guessing it's more than powerful enough to though.

I guess it's lucky that I don't make Mayonaisse or froth up Water and Coffee into an emulsion, do you? :mysmilie_59:

image.jpg

If we look at the enormous amounts of gloop on sale for all kinds of skin improvements/care, wouldn't it make sense that if just one worked, everyone would be buying that particular brand? Just saying.

Stick with Torricelumn (TM) because Old Lizzie 'discovered it' whatever 'it' is, with some help from her friend, Charles.

I'm currently enjoying L'Oréal Cool Power Anti-Perspirant with Cryo Caps (TM) Technology. But I'm mostly enjoying that it's on offer for £1 in Asda.

But when it isn't £1 they can stick their Cryo Caps (TM) Technology :mysmilie_59:

The Bamix Swissline on Ideal World for £186 delivered is some £14 cheaper than anywhere else. There's no doubt that Bamix are top drawer, genuinely professional grade Hand Blenders. At that price they're not for William and Roly Poly, they're for Chefs, proper Chefs

We have a Russell Hobbs Hand Blender, we've had it for years and I can't remember what it cost when we bought it but a similar one in John Lewis costs £38.50 delivered.

The only thing it (probably) can't do that the Bamix can is make Mayonaisse or froth up Water and Coffee into an emulsion like the man demonstrating the Bamix did (which is what every Bamix demonstration evermore has shown). That's only because you can't change the blade, I'm guessing it's more than powerful enough to though.

I guess it's lucky that I don't make Mayonaisse or froth up Water and Coffee into an emulsion, do you? :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 12319

I actually had to check that I was on the right channel when I saw the Bamix. Seems far to high end to me for such a cheap and budget channel. They'd also imported the QVC guest whose name I forget but he managed to cow little Gollum into relative silence.

He's got a Trout Pout. And my word he's schlocky so you know he's on the right channel.

Have you heard his 'story' that he set up Skinn Cosmetics from his Garage with just $2500 on his Credit Card. I wonder if he's been able to pay it back yet, doubt it.

Why does there always have to be a story eh? :mysmilie_59:

Skanky Sally isn't too keen on him, I feel. She can't cope with his constant babbling on and is trying to talk over him. Whose voice will win - the squawking fishwife or Mock Gok? Ether way, it's ear-bleedingly awful. At one point, both the dog left the room and the cat jumped off her throne in our house, so piercing was the noise.

Skanky Sally isn't too keen on him, I feel. She can't cope with his constant babbling on and is trying to talk over him. Whose voice will win - the squawking fishwife or Mock Gok? Ether way, it's ear-bleedingly awful. At one point, both the dog left the room and the cat jumped off her throne in our house, so piercing was the noise.

Banshee Genpleaseleave can't seem to stand Nok Off Mock Gok either. She was visibly frustrated by his constant trout pout squawking. Poo Poo, who has Severe Verbal Diarrhoea, would surely hate him too.

Dean Wilson, who I've always quite liked, has recorded a video telling of his good experiences with Thomas Sanderson. Dean says 'it's really nice to deal with a company for a change that offer the service they've been advertising'.

Tell us about it Deano :mysmilie_59:

image.jpg

Banshee Genpleaseleave can't seem to stand Nok Off Mock Gok either. She was visibly frustrated by his constant trout pout squawking. Poo Poo, who has Severe Verbal Diarrhoea, would surely hate him too.

Dean Wilson, who I've always quite liked, has recorded a video telling of his good experiences with Thomas Sanderson. Dean says 'it's really nice to deal with a company for a change that offer the service they've been advertising'.

Tell us about it Deano :mysmilie_59:

I decided that he'd been made to record that video, whilst possibly being reminded that 'all contracts are regularly up for renewal'. IW are very silly to ruin Dean by roping him in to IW schlocky offerings - he's one of the few presenters who, I suspect, is genuinely trusted by the viewership on C&C

I decided that he'd been made to record that video, whilst possibly being reminded that 'all contracts are regularly up for renewal'. IW are very silly to ruin Dean by roping him in to IW schlocky offerings - he's one of the few presenters who, I suspect, is genuinely trusted by the viewership on C&C

Maybe Thomas Sanderson insists on someone decent, and my word decent people are few and far between at Ideal Shopping, to promote their products.

It sounds like a very good company, if not a bit on the pricey side. Why they've got embroiled with these schlock crocks is unfathomable.

Z List Actor Dopey Dormeo 'Director' David is on now. They're playing Italian Opera Music :mysmilie_59:

image.jpg

"They're playing Italian Opera Music"

Isnt it a case of if you use music that is over x amount of years old you dont have to pay to use it??

"They're playing Italian Opera Music"

Isnt it a case of if you use music that is over x amount of years old you dont have to pay to use it??

I think you are right. There is a limit on how long things remain copyrighted ... from the PRS website FAQs:
In the UK, copyright generally lasts for a period of 70 years from the end of the calendar year in which the author dies. If the music originates from outside the European Economic Area, the copyright lasts for as long as the music is protected by copyright in its country of origin, provided that the length of time does not exceed 70 years.

Perhaps the chair was electric and unless he recorded that video the plug would be switched on.

I assumed they played the music to prove that the product was classy. Didn't work with me though...

No, nor me Muttley. I can't see what is classy about a big, Italian, expensive sponge. Or Dormeo David who is a small, Italian-ish, cheap sponge.

And these Chairs that they're selling right now certainly aren't classy. And as for Creepy Crawley? He says 'I've got a bit of an eye, I'm quite fussy how things look'. Baby Jane clearly ain't fussy.

My word, doesn't this channel sell a load of crap? But get yours now, it WILL go back up to £399.99 :mysmilie_19:

image.jpg

No, nor me Muttley. I can't see what is classy about a big, Italian, expensive sponge. Or Dormeo David who is a small, Italian-ish, cheap sponge.

And these Chairs that they're selling right now certainly aren't classy. And as for Creepy Crawley? He says 'I've got a bit of an eye, I'm quite fussy how things look'. Baby Jane clearly ain't fussy.

My word, doesn't this channel sell a load of crap? But get yours now, it WILL go back up to £399.99 :mysmilie_19:

View attachment 12327

Dormeo Dave is 5' 8" and Gollum looks to be not much bigger :nod:

Latest posts

Back