Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

As much chance as hearing Sal speak the Queens'English and our Friend from the Misty Mountains become a giant.

Enough of the pessimism already. Now, I have two important things to announce so please all pay attention : -

1. Nanty has just said of Item Number 379229 Bosch BGS5PET3GB Power Animal Bagless Cylinder Pet Vacuum at £149.99 & £5.99 P&P direct quote, word for word, 'Our Head Home Buyer, David, has said "that's it Shaun and the Team, if it goes tonight that is it". Unfortunately it is very, very unlikely to EVER come back'

2. De Knees is selling Mozzy at 8.00pm. Dunno if Tom Pepper is on too but don't miss it, alright?

Thanks everyone :mysmilie_59:

I think De Knees could do with some Fabulift on her hands, or get another Microderm and use two.

And the P&P on Mozzy is now £9.99 which is quite simply unbelievable, unless they really are coming from space?

Still reckon they do free returns? :mysmilie_13:

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

De Knees urges people to replace their original Engagement Rings with a better Mozzy Piece. She said that you probably wouldn't have been able to afford one back then but you can now. Her Engagement Ring apparently cost £35.

I suppose that begs the question, why hasn't De Knees replaced her own Engagement Ring with that replica Mozzy piece that she 'designed' herself?

She really is every bit as unpleasant as Nanty isn't she? What a really mean thing to urge people to do, just horrid :down:

Just got back in time to see the sparkling stones modelled to perfection by Den. A stalwart ' original'.That p&p is taking the p$$$ to be honest.Makes me wonder just how far they are coming from.Free returns?I don't know.Oh and I guess I have missed the pet vac but that's fine as I don't want to suck up my pets but
there's a few annoying presenters that need removing.

Just got back in time to see the sparkling stones modelled to perfection by Den. A stalwart ' original'.That p&p is taking the p$$$ to be honest.Makes me wonder just how far they are coming from.Free returns?I don't know.Oh and I guess I have missed the pet vac but that's fine as I don't want to suck up my pets but
there's a few annoying presenters that need removing.

Ha Ha :mysmilie_19: But really, this channel is beginning to appear a million miles moved from the world that I shop in.

It's not enough that they charge an inexplicable £400 for a man made stone set in an undeclared amount of 9ct Gold
It's not enough that they then charge 20 pence a minute to call an equally inexplicable offshore '09' Premium Rate Order Line
They then want to charge £10 P&P and don't even bother to tell you the delivery timescales on air

I just dont recognise this type of retailing as being something to expect in 2016, I genuinely don't :mysmilie_13:

De Knees urges people to replace their original Engagement Rings with a better Mozzy Piece. She said that you probably wouldn't have been able to afford one back then but you can now. Her Engagement Ring apparently cost £35.

I suppose that begs the question, why hasn't De Knees replaced her own Engagement Ring with that replica Mozzy piece that she 'designed' herself?

She really is every bit as unpleasant as Nanty isn't she? What a really mean thing to urge people to do, just horrid :down:

I would sooner own a small real diamond in a ring given to me by someone, than some of the pretentious big fake stones .Behind the pushy sales tactics that she is paid to do and obviously has no qualms about ,she probably prefers real stones too.

Ha Ha :mysmilie_19: But really, this channel is beginning to appear a million miles moved from the world that I shop in.

It's not enough that they charge an inexplicable £400 for a man made stone set in an undeclared amount of 9ct Gold
It's not enough that they then charge 20 pence a minute to call an equally inexplicable '09' Premium Rate Order Line
They then want to charge £10 P&P and don't even bother to tell you the delivery timescales on air

I just dont recognise this type of retailing as being something to expect in 2016, I genuinely don't :mysmilie_13:

Whilst people are happy to pay these ridiculous prices for p&p and trust the sales pitch without question and noone in charge does anything to change things it will carry on.There should be at least a cap on postage.On jewellery maker it's£2.95 all day no matter what you buy and free telephone . Things should be getting better all the time, not worse.I think there should be a big shake up within the whole industry.

What a nasty sentiment! Those people who weren't able to afford a diamond encrusted, or just expensive engagement ring when they first started out in their relationship, would in my mind, a. Probably not wish to change it because it's their engagement ring and whatever it cost - it means something to them and b. should they decide to replace it with something of better quality or with a higher price 'cause they can now afford to do so - I very much doubt would consider any kind of replica stone - takes the situation back to square one (ie, when they couldn't afford the real deal) and just cheapens the whole idea - and I don't mean in a monetary sense!

Another example of saying any old thing however inappropriate to try and make a sale!

What a nasty sentiment! Those people who weren't able to afford a diamond encrusted, or just expensive engagement ring when they first started out in their relationship, would in my mind, a. Probably not wish to change it because it's their engagement ring and whatever it cost - it means something to them and b. should they decide to replace it with something of better quality or with a higher price 'cause they can now afford to do so - I very much doubt would consider any kind of replica stone - takes the situation back to square one (ie, when they couldn't afford the real deal) and just cheapens the whole idea - and I don't mean in a monetary sense!

Another example of saying any old thing however inappropriate to try and make a sale!

Hear Hear Merry. And it's not only mean but it's yet another example of the complete and utter contempt this shower have for their viewers.

They obviously think that us plebs are not smart enough to wonder why De Knees hasn't followed her own mean spirited, miserable advice and especially when she (supposedly) designed a Moissanite replica of her OWN ****** Engagement Ring. You couldn't make it up.

But the real contempt is charging £400 for a Christmas Cracker Ring, charging 20p a minute to call an offshore order line and then charging an astonishing £10 to get the crap delivered.

Get lost Ideal World, you really are taking the pish now. Even Bid didn't charge that for delivery, they probably make it so high to have us all think that these 'precious pieces' need to be delivered by Securicor :mysmilie_59:

Where was Flakey and his certificate?

Perhaps his frame broke........

Maybe Flakey bottled appearing with De Knees because he's so dazzled by her 'glamour' that her Serf, Nanty, so often speaks of. Well I've looked, really hard.

Can't see it myself, all I see is Zelda and Chicken Feet :mysmilie_59:

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

But the real contempt is charging £400 for a Christmas Cracker Ring, charging 20p a minute to call an offshore order line and then charging an astonishing £10 to get the crap delivered.

Get lost Ideal World, you really are taking the pish now. Even Bid didn't charge that for delivery, they probably make it so high to have us all think that these 'precious pieces' need to be delivered by Securicor :mysmilie_59:

Didn't see much of De Knees last night but I did see the frankly pathetic excuse for a ring they were attempting to charge £400 for; a tiny trinket that struggled to sparkle even under television studio lighting. Normally Ideal World (usually) charge fairly high prices for mediocre or good products but I don't think I've ever seen either IW or Bid ever attempt to charge that amount of money for something that's obviously not worth even a tenth of the asking price. (Let's face it, even £40 is pushing it for that sort of plain ring.)

It's just a slightly tamer version of the old Auctionworld scam.

As for delivery charges, I bet that they're having to pay for the returns service recently introduced which can't be cheap, therefore each 'successful' sale must be subsidising someone else's return.

Didn't see much of De Knees last night but I did see the frankly pathetic excuse for a ring they were attempting to charge £400 for; a tiny trinket that struggled to sparkle even under television studio lighting. Normally Ideal World (usually) charge fairly high prices for mediocre or good products but I don't think I've ever seen either IW or Bid ever attempt to charge that amount of money for something that's obviously not worth even a tenth of the asking price. (Let's face it, even £40 is pushing it for that sort of plain ring.)

It's just a slightly tamer version of the old Auctionworld scam.

As for delivery charges, I bet that they're having to pay for the returns service recently introduced which can't be cheap, therefore each 'successful' sale must be subsidising someone else's return.

I agree.

And the 'free' returns are a load of old tosh. Only people who return stuff will benefit from that, everyone who orders are paying the clearly increasing delivery charges.

The Schlocks Giveth And Then The Schlocks Taketh Away. This is looking more like a company that's not in rude health by the day :mysmilie_59:

I see the picnic basket is back. Poohead said 'it will sell out this hour'. It didn't............

That Picnic Basket 'sold out' in the very first hour, with De Knees, on the most recent £20 Day (which was just the other week).

It was on sale again the next morning :mysmilie_59:

The good old buyers must have got on the phones."Hello.This is x from I W .We need more of those baskets.Yeah....picnic.As many as you can. Selling?..they're melting the phone lines. Oh brill.Thanks. "

Shreque has just said that the Shadazzle Sponges aren't any old Sponges, they're 'Patended Sponges'.

I wonder if the Sponges that QVC sell with their Eco Egg variant of Shadazzle (which is exactly the same product made from French Chalk) are Patended too?

You get 4 with theirs, and it's cheaper (but still a ripoff though) :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back