Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don't normally watch it after 10pm but I did last night and I think, when he's on a late slot, he ups the anti with his 'adult entertainment'. He was making himself laugh mostly and Suzi had to go along with it although any decent person would be mortified at his behaviour. He tells his 'gags' that you've heard many times before and he actually laughs every bliddy time! It's not only what he says, it's his facial expressions which are so creepy and sordid.

This is on TV, a shopping channel!

If anybody wants to watch, it's Thursday night 10pm show. Maybe I'm being over the top?

It's not only what he says, it's his facial expressions which are so creepy and sordid.

Maybe I'm being over the top?

Not at all - I think you're spot on. And sordid is exactly the right word. He's that creepy uncle at a party or wedding, who gets a bit tipsy and starts handling his nieces on the dance floor a bit too much. Or your friend's husband who never comes to any social do's, but when he does everyone gets a bit uncomfortable and avoids him.

He thinks the way to ingratiate himself with people and make himself popular is by using sexual innuendo and generally coming across as some grubby dirty old sex pest.

Vile old pervert.

Last edited:
I am still shocked as to why IW picked up so many of bid's casts off. They must have seen and known what happened to those channels. Ok, so you can't really blame the presenters as they were only doing what they were told to do to a certain extent - but some of them (mainly the ones IW picked up) seemed to be able to run with it with the greatest of ease, and they must have realised that this hadn't gone un noticed by the viewers....so what did they expect? Did they really think that everyone would say "Yay" Peter Simon and good old Mike Mason are on IW now, I'll start watching and buying from them - Yes, they probably did. They should have given it a bit more thought, 'cause mud sticks and now it looks like they're going to go down the same slippery slope!

They must think that anyone with half a brain is watching the X Factor because Peter Simon & Kevski are coming out with some prize whoppers tonight whilst shilling Mathey-Tissot watches. Apparently Kevski had to phone someone at the shipping agents to get some watches transferred to an an earlier courier delivery in order to reach the studio in time for tonight, and Pete said that the watches were "very limited" despite being on before (it was their "Bolton" watch). Also there was a "pricing error" that they are somehow forced to honour (!) because it should have been £500 instead of £400, despite the on-screen message saying that the saving was £30. Plus they keep telling viewers to "go to the phones" because it could sell out.

Straight out of the Bid TV copy book :mysmilie_59:

They must think that anyone with half a brain is watching the X Factor because Peter Simon & Kevski are coming out with some prize whoppers tonight whilst shilling Mathey-Tissot watches. Apparently Kevski had to phone someone at the shipping agents to get some watches transferred to an an earlier courier delivery in order to reach the studio in time for tonight, and Pete said that the watches were "very limited" despite being on before (it was their "Bolton" watch). Also there was a "pricing error" that they are somehow forced to honour (!) because it should have been £500 instead of £400, despite the on-screen message saying that the saving was £30. Plus they keep telling viewers to "go to the phones" because it could sell out.

It's the same old clap trap, just like watching bid.

I'm watching Simon selling that Laser Light, never heard such drivel come out of anyone's mouth! Have to switch off.

It's the same old clap trap, just like watching bid.

I'm watching Simon selling that Laser Light, never heard such drivel come out of anyone's mouth! Have to switch off.

Agreed. Just watching, he's acting extra weird, they're playing creepy music and talking nonsence like he's in a horror film. Mum just said "have you noticed he sometimes acts like he's mental?" Needless to say I answered "yes".

There must be someone backstage (who usually keeps them in check somewhat) who was given today off and people like Peter Simon treat it as the teacher being away, so they can play.

I don't normally watch it after 10pm but I did last night and I think, when he's on a late slot, he ups the anti with his 'adult entertainment'. He was making himself laugh mostly and Suzi had to go along with it although any decent person would be mortified at his behaviour. He tells his 'gags' that you've heard many times before and he actually laughs every bliddy time! It's not only what he says, it's his facial expressions which are so creepy and sordid.

If anybody wants to watch, it's Thursday night 10pm show. Maybe I'm being over the top?

Oh no, you're not being at all over the top Momma.

This channel is often so far removed from being a decent, suitable for all, shopping channel it's unreal. The presentation is utterly appalling.

Peter Simon is quite revolting and a sad endictment of the shadow of the decent channel that Ideal World once was :down:

Mommabear, I saw him on there well before 10 pm and his behaviour was odd (underestimation of the century) even then. He was slumped against a cupboard for some reason, and then doing his usual shouting and laughing at nothing. The female guest looked as though she was grinning through clenched teeth. He goes hysterical at his own jokes, none of which were even remotely funny the first time round, let alone the 50,000th time. He's definitely a suitable case for treatment, but of course you could hear all the usual sycophants in the way of the background staff, who were giggling and laughing. They either look on him as a Court Jester and are laughing at him, not with him, or perhaps they are just desperate for something to do.

The old "pricing error" scam, love it. They really think we're thick don't they.

The Concorde watch was the wrong price too apparently.

Those pesky collectors :mysmilie_10: were buying 3 or 4 at a time on the web and 'checking out quickly'...........isn't that what they keep asking people to do?

The Concorde watch was the wrong price too apparently.

Those pesky collectors :mysmilie_10: were buying 3 or 4 at a time on the web and 'checking out quickly'...........isn't that what they keep asking people to do?

Oh, so "The trade" are back in action are they? wot a laugh!!! "The trade" as bid used to call them, as we know would be paying in pennies for that sort of crap - not buying stock from an overpriced shopping channel with all the extras like postage! What next? "Buy 10, and sell them on" - Oh hold on, I think they've already used that one!"

Best one though, and to be fair I think it's an IW original, though probably said by a bid presenter - Buy this vacuum cleaner and charge your friends and family to use it!

Oh, so "The trade" are back in action are they? wot a laugh!!! "The trade" as bid used to call them, as we know would be paying in pennies for that sort of crap - not buying stock from an overpriced shopping channel with all the extras like postage! What next? "Buy 10, and sell them on" - Oh hold on, I think they've already used that one!"

Best one though, and to be fair I think it's an IW original, though probably said by a bid presenter - Buy this vacuum cleaner and charge your friends and family to use it!

They didn't advertise the watch show purely for that reason.....the 'unscrupulous collectors' (yeah, trade)

They must forget they're a shopping channel at times, there to sell stuff. He even at one point said in a hushed voice 'we know there are collectors on the web already.....ssshhh' :mysmilie_19:

I'm beginning to think that's not acting, that's for real.

Agreed. Just watching, he's acting extra weird, they're playing creepy music and talking nonsence like he's in a horror film. Mum just said "have you noticed he sometimes acts like he's mental?" Needless to say I answered "yes".

The 'trade' was one of my favourite scams on Bid- Russell used it a lot for junk jewellery as in ' the trade will be tuning in tonight !'
They would then advise viewers to get on the phone quick before 'the trade' snapped it all up.
This tactic was on a par with 'if you know Rolex and if you know Breitling , then you'll know Ricardo Cinnelli ' or whatever piece of Chinese junk with a made up Italian name they happened to be flogging.
IW are now heading down the same path to administration.
Bonded leather anyone ?

Latest posts

Back