Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Whilst it's not great to see a once reputable shopping channel resorting to dodgy sales tactics and starting to employ grade b presenters - I feel a bit bad saying this, but I'm enjoying all the new found banter that this has generated among us!

I'm waiting for the "special offers" to re-appear, especially with xmas around the corner.......You can see it coming! "Buy anything from today or tomorrows show" and we'll give you a £60 voucher to spend with us - Terms and conditions apply. T's and C's can be found somewhere in the bowels of our website, so well done if you find them...and they read;

1. To qualify your order must be placed on the telephone (don't think we'll gonna let you save on the price of the call)
2. Your special code will be emailed to you within 21 days (thus making sure you haven't returned your original order)
3. If your order is returned to us, your voucher will be voided.
4. You may reclaim your voucher, if you contact c/s and place another order the same day
5. see no. 3
6. Your voucher will consist of 12 separate codes with a face value of £5 each - one voucher may be used per transaction
7. The voucher is not redeemable against any other promotion eg, free or lowered p&p, clearance items, special or seasonal offers.
8. The voucher is not redeemable for online purchases, please quote the code to the sales operator
9. The voucher is redeemable for 60 days
10. If you return an item from which you have redeemed a voucher we shall deduct the value from your refund
11. By accepting this voucher you hereby accept these terms and conditions
12. We shall regularly send you emails regarding special offers and promotions (which you cannot use your voucher for) and pass your details to some well chosen and appropriate 3rd parties who will also regularly send you details of offers and promotions.

Enjoy your vouchers!

Whilst it's not great to see a once reputable shopping channel resorting to dodgy sales tactics and starting to employ grade b presenters - I feel a bit bad saying this, but I'm enjoying all the new found banter that this has generated among us!

I'm waiting for the "special offers" to re-appear, especially with xmas around the corner.......You can see it coming! "Buy anything from today or tomorrows show" and we'll give you a £60 voucher to spend with us - Terms and conditions apply. T's and C's can be found somewhere in the bowels of our website, so well done if you find them...and they read;

1. To qualify your order must be placed on the telephone (don't think we'll gonna let you save on the price of the call)
2. Your special code will be emailed to you within 21 days (thus making sure you haven't returned your original order)
3. If your order is returned to us, your voucher will be voided.
4. You may reclaim your voucher, if you contact c/s and place another order the same day
5. see no. 3
6. Your voucher will consist of 12 separate codes with a face value of £5 each - one voucher may be used per transaction
7. The voucher is not redeemable against any other promotion eg, free or lowered p&p, clearance items, special or seasonal offers.
8. The voucher is not redeemable for online purchases, please quote the code to the sales operator
9. The voucher is redeemable for 60 days
10. If you return an item from which you have redeemed a voucher we shall deduct the value from your refund
11. By accepting this voucher you hereby accept these terms and conditions
12. We shall regularly send you emails regarding special offers and promotions (which you cannot use your voucher for) and pass your details to some well chosen and appropriate 3rd parties who will also regularly send you details of offers and promotions.

Enjoy your vouchers!

WOW, Who could resist an amaaaaazing offer such as this? I AM IN!

Though Dirty Peter acts as if he's got some serious mental health problems, I think he's just not been reined in for such a long time he's ended up with a touch of the Jonathan Ross/Chris Evans/Chris Moyles - he's the untouchable Court Jester at that channel and can pretty much act as he wishes. The directors may think differently in the end because I am convinced that his increasingly erratic and hyperbolic behaviour will be the channel's undoing.

Though Dirty Peter acts as if he's got some serious mental health problems, I think he's just not been reined in for such a long time he's ended up with a touch of the Jonathan Ross/Chris Evans/Chris Moyles - he's the untouchable Court Jester at that channel and can pretty much act as he wishes. The directors may think differently in the end because I am convinced that his increasingly erratic and hyperbolic behaviour will be the channel's undoing.

When he acts the clown, a disgusting clown at times, he pulls himself together and says.......'right, now pick up the phone and dial......'

I think he expects people to be so thankful that they've just been given this free' entertainment', that he thinks you'd pay a few bob for in a theatre, and reward him with buying something :bow:

I do believe he once played the clown in a previous employment. N.B this is NOT him. images.jpeg

I'm probably right out of order saying this, but this brings to mind the disgusting and evil Mr Savile. I'm not saying for one minute that PS has done anything like that in his life, but sadly the persona he gives off does not come across as "everybody's favourite uncle" - but a rather unpleasant pervert. He really needs to rein it in, 'cause making suggestive comments (however veiled) and pawing and patting the female models does not make great viewing, especially in today's current climate!

Unfortunately presenters will not be "retired" from our screens unless their sales drop through the floor, and their complaint levels go through the roof... and perhaps authorities or lawyers get involved. Unless there is a compelling counter to it, money talks.

In this day and age, where all of selly telly has passed its peak, the presenters are locked into ever more strident, desperate and borderline (or beyond) inappropriate conduct to attract viewers attention. The owners of the selly telly channels see their sales heading in the wrong direction and they are striving to reverse the trend by following the tactics of every defunct selly telly channel in the lead-up to their demise. They need to re-think, and they need to open their eyes to what the real competition is these days. The world has moved on, and the selly telly channels just haven't.

Boring as they are, the infomercials are less unpleasant to watch as they show people demonstrating the product, rather than producing an obnoxious show predominantly aimed at stroking the ego of whichever presenter it is on air.

I'm sure some people see the antics and comments as funny and to a point yes they are.When innocuous and occasional. I believe the influx of BID presenters made matters worse in general and helped to further 'lower the tone'.As well as PS behaving like a fool we have HG and his apparent toilet obsession. Not really appropriate when you're buying a vac'.Unfortunately,it seems like they are indeed doing their own thing. They do not have any real competition from other channels as all are as bad in their own way.Whilst people accept the behaviour it will go unchecked.However,it will go too far one day and complaints will roll in.The comparison made to JS I can see in the way he mauls the females sometimes when they are in a difficult situation I:e live TV.Very tacky and sordid.

I'm sure some people see the antics and comments as funny and to a point yes they are.When innocuous and occasional. I believe the influx of BID presenters made matters worse in general and helped to further 'lower the tone'.As well as PS behaving like a fool we have HG and his apparent toilet obsession. Not really appropriate when you're buying a vac'.Unfortunately,it seems like they are indeed doing their own thing. They do not have any real competition from other channels as all are as bad in their own way.Whilst people accept the behaviour it will go unchecked.However,it will go too far one day and complaints will roll in. The comparison made to JS I can see in the way he mauls the females sometimes when they are in a difficult situation I:e live TV.Very tacky and sordid.

Precisely. There's no incentive for IW to behave decently because behaving disgracefully results in revenue without repercussion. Unless the ASA grows a pair, or people vote with their wallets, IW will continue their winning formula.

Just watching the all new, super dooper, nutribullet RX, which is sooooo much better than the smaller, older model all you suckers have previously bought.
My point is, as the capacity is larger, and the motor so much more powerful, how many Mars bars can I get in there to make a MB smoothy?

Just watching the all new, super dooper, nutribullet RX, which is sooooo much better than the smaller, older model all you suckers have previously bought.
My point is, as the capacity is larger, and the motor so much more powerful, how many Mars bars can I get in there to make a MB smoothy?

How much more powerful can these 'effin things get? I thought the Nutribullet was supposedly miles better than a Magic Bullet and could crack walnuts, coconuts, even diamonds (but not space diamonds as they're just lush). Now we need an RX!

Anyway, if anyone is interested in getting one you might not want to buy it from Ideal World (unless you want the seeds they include) as John Lewis sell it for virtually the same price (4p cheaper) but with free delivery not £5.99 and an extended 2 year warranty :mysmilie_59:

http://www.idealworld.tv/pp/nutribullet-rx-with-1-x-chia-50g-2-x-wheatgrass-50g-385182?fh_location=//IdealWorld/en_GB/$s=Nutribullett

http://www.johnlewis.com/nutribullet-rx-blender-soup-maker-black/p2557294?sku=235878755&s_kwcid=2dx92700012702551517&tmad=c&tmcampid=2&gclid=CNGU7eHym88CFYqIGQodcVEBnA&gclsrc=ds

But can it mush a Mars Bar? :mysmilie_59:

How much more powerful can these 'effin things get? I thought the Nutribullet was supposedly miles better than a Magic Bullet and could crack walnuts, coconuts, even diamonds (but not space diamonds as they're just lush). Now we need an RX!

Anyway, if anyone is interested in getting one you might not want to buy it from Ideal World (unless you want the seeds they include) as John Lewis sell it for virtually the same price (4p cheaper) but with free delivery not £5.99 and an extended 2 year warranty :mysmilie_59:

http://www.idealworld.tv/pp/nutribu...h_location=//IdealWorld/en_GB/$s=Nutribullett

http://www.johnlewis.com/nutribulle...=2&gclid=CNGU7eHym88CFYqIGQodcVEBnA&gclsrc=ds

But can it mush a Mars Bar? :mysmilie_59:

I am awaiting the report from the Nutribullet RX discerning purchaser, with baited breath may I say! :mysmilie_5:

At pain of appearing to repeat myself (just like Ideal World endlessly repeat themselves) can I point out that at 8.00pm tonight we have (yet) another chance to join the Moissanite Revolution.

Nanty will be on hand with his very good friend Caroline 'I worked at'* Garrard to point out their lustre, brilliance and sparkle (but not point out the gold weight of the incomparable £10 delivery charge).

* I wonder what Caroline actually 'did' when she worked 'at' Garrard, maybe Shorthand? She certainly never shilled Vostoks and Mozzy :mysmilie_59:

I am awaiting the report from the Nutribullet RX discerning purchaser, with baited breath may I say! :mysmilie_5:

Just as well that new Nuclear Power Station has been approved, bet that little baby eats leccie :mysmilie_59:

If it were possible to fix up one of those jaw / neck excersize thingy's to our Sal's grid, she could power it for years, if not longer!

All the goons could power devices one way or another. Dread to think what Poo Poo could use though.

Doesn't Nanty look like the Leader of The Liberal Democrats?

IMG_0204.JPGIMG_0205.JPG

Quite apt really. They're both mostly irrelevant and have long since ceased to be useful :mysmilie_59:

We said all the same things when he was at bid.... nothing has changed.

The people who were involved in decision making at bid, must now be at IW... giving their infinite wisdom of success.

Has sally jacks taken over head of programming ? Ever since she's joined it's been non stop beauty, fashion, fitness and time pieces. It's utter garbage please bring back the halogen oven and products we need. Not what the products the presenters want us to have.

Last edited:
At pain of appearing to repeat myself (just like Ideal World endlessly repeat themselves) can I point out that at 8.00pm tonight we have (yet) another chance to join the Moissanite Revolution.

Nanty will be on hand with his very good friend Caroline 'I worked at'* Garrard to point out their lustre, brilliance and sparkle (but not point out the gold weight of the incomparable £10 delivery charge).

* I wonder what Caroline actually 'did' when she worked 'at' Garrard, maybe Shorthand? She certainly never shilled Vostoks and Mozzy :mysmilie_59:

The Monstrous**** guru must have some qualifications in jewellery. She knew the names of the settings (gasp)ha ha.She also said that after wearing this(fake) ,real diamonds and a person's other jewellery would lead you to give a 'sad sigh'.What a horrid woman.
Sean said he's never seen such a brilliant selection. They are the same as the last five+ shows. I wouldn't want one if they gave them away . Wonder if a certain lucky mummy has a collection if they're so fantastic?

Last edited:
The Monstrous**** guru must have some qualifications in jewellery. She knew the names of the settings (gasp)ha ha.She also said that after wearing this(fake) ,real diamonds and a person's other jewellery would lead you to give a 'sad sigh'.What a horrid woman.
Sean said he's never seen such a brilliant selection. They are the same as the last five+ shows. I wouldn't want one if they gave them away . Wonder if a certain lucky mummy has a collection if they're so fantastic?

Put it this way PP.

If De Knees (who supposedly DESIGNED one of these 'effin things) doesn't appear to wear it in place of one of those old, crappy Engagement Rings she keeps banging on about then surely that says something?

And what she's possibly saying is that she's a bit of a BS'er and, dare I say, a bit of a phony :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back