Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Do you remember the wooden jewellery boxes Bid used to sell. I think they were by Mele or something like that. We used to get the history of the company a hundred years ago. Just to sell a wooden box to put jewellery in. Priceless...

Not forgetting "the wonderful watch expert Caroline Jones from Gerrard's" (Peter Simon's words, not mine).

Yes the world famous brand of Stuhrling is back on IW. How many times do we need to hear the story of Max Stuhrling? Which is probably cobblers anyway! Peter was so excited this evening with this sale of these excellent timepieces. Yes it was a real sale, as he kept telling us about every 30 seconds!

No matter how they talked up these things, they all looked very cheap indeed and so over priced. Another collection of Chinese Watches with a European sounding name. It just never ends! Will they ever sell a decent brand that can be found on the High Street? I doubt it.

There has been a real mixture of watches on tonight(Ideal extra)with some familiar names and some names can't recall having heard of.All well over £100.The ex-Gerrard's 'expert 'and Pete presenting helped to not reassure me as to whether I should ever in a million years consider buying.I declined even though collectors were coming in,they were on easy pay,several had sold already,and of course they would make perfect gifts.As to whether they will ever sell a decent watch..............emmmmm can't see it happening.

Now, I'm getting confused......remind me again - which is the "best watch ever"? Every brand and every watch are supposed to be the most fantastic watch you will ever buy, a steal of a price, a magnet for serious collectors(?) and so on.

Not forgetting "the wonderful watch expert Caroline Jones from Gerrard's" (Peter Simon's words, not mine).watch

Yes the world famous brand of Stuhrling is back on IW. How many times do we need to hear the story of Max Stuhrling? Which is probably cobblers anyway! Peter was so excited this evening with this sale of these excellent timepieces. Yes it was a real sale, as he kept telling us about every 30 seconds!

No matter how they talked up these things, they all looked very cheap indeed and so over priced. Another collection of Chinese Watches with a European sounding name. It just never ends! Will they ever sell a decent brand that can be found on the High Street? I doubt it.

There has been a real mixture of watches on tonight(Ideal extra)with some familiar names and some names can't recall having heard of.All well over £100.The ex-Gerrard's 'expert 'and Pete presenting helped to not reassure me as to whether I should ever in a million years consider buying.I declined even though collectors were coming in,they were on easy pay,several had sold already,and of course they would make perfect gifts.As to whether they will ever sell a decent watch..............emmmmm can't see it happening.

'Temptan' what the eff is that?.......tempting? no!

The lady expert Caroline, according to old Ronnie MacD, has letters after her name.........I wonder what they are?

He was calling the call centre the 'contact centre'.......they must have had a meeting about that :mysmilie_19:

Pope Peter Simon tonight: "...the busiest point of the show..." soon followed by "...phones are getting busier and busier..."

Hang on, a moment ago he told us that it was the busiest point but now the phones are getting busier?

*brain explodes*

Momma, the answers are:

1) "temptan" - must be a cheap bottle of suntan lotion that doesn't last for 2 minutes but does turn your skin purple (the look will be something like Violet Beauregard from Willie Wonka)
2) the letters could be "NBG" - No Bl$$dy Good
3) the callcentre has obviously been re-named "the contact centre" because correct pronunciation of words is something that challenges every presenter on every shopping channel - who can ever forget "marry oon" for maroon or "perry dot" for peridot?

'Temptan' what the eff is that?.......tempting? no!

The lady expert Caroline, according to old Ronnie MacD, has letters after her name.........I wonder what they are?

He was calling the call centre the 'contact centre'.......they must have had a meeting about that :mysmilie_19:

I've said it before but I have no problem saying it again.... the drill bit demo just looks dodgy.

when using the generic drill bit you can see the guy forcing it into the thing.... yet being so ****** gentle with the supposedly tough drill bit.

Dirty Peter is getting very excited about the Drill All Drill Bits, apparently 'they're our number one'. The punters on Amazon don't agree with him.

They all agree that they're shat :mysmilie_59:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/16PC-DRILL-ALL-BIT-SET/product-reviews/1781241007

Thanks for the tip, well worth a read. I have a load of TC drill bits, and I have never broke any of them. Drilled concrete lintels, even drilled out broken spark plugs with my TC drill bits. As to drilling glass? Who the f**k wants to drill glass? The whole presentation is so carpy. To all thinking of getting these, just remember this, if they are so good, why don't, B&Q, Wickes or Homebase sell them? Just sayin! What a bunch of crocks, that review was classic, thank's Wirral70 for the link.

Thanks for the tip, well worth a read. I have a load of TC drill bits, and I have never broke any of them. Drilled concrete lintels, even drilled out broken spark plugs with my TC drill bits. As to drilling glass? Who the f**k wants to drill glass? The whole presentation is so carpy. To all thinking of getting these, just remember this, if they are so good, why don't, B&Q, Wickes or Homebase sell them? Just sayin! What a bunch of crocks, that review was classic, thank's Wirral70 for the link.

The amazing, stupendous, miraculous, unbelievable Shadazzle is back again. Another Selly Telly Fodder product if ever I've seen one.

If Shadazzle was on sale next to the multitude of cleaning products in Tesco would anyone in their right mind pay the utterly eyewatering asking price?

No, of course they wouldn't. But that's the power of Telly I guess :mysmilie_59:

The amazing, stupendous, miraculous, unbelievable Shadazzle is back again. Another Selly Telly Fodder product if ever I've seen one.

If Shadazzle was on sale next to the multitude of cleaning products in Tesco would anyone in their right mind pay the utterly eyewatering asking price?

No, of course they wouldn't. But that's the power of Telly I guess :mysmilie_59:

Good point - No, they probably wouldn't! At least we can say that they haven't yet stooped to selling poundshop cleaning and beauty products for a premium yet! Wonder how long that'll be?

Good point - No, they probably wouldn't! At least we can say that they haven't yet stooped to selling poundshop cleaning and beauty products for a premium yet! Wonder how long that'll be?

Ah yes Merry, the Poundland Argan Oil ripoffs were one of Bid's most egregious acts of shystery. And remember what that beauty expert SCHLOCKO used to say about that stuff? What a flake!

Mind you, in the absence of knowing what on earth that mysterious 'discovery' Torricelumn (TM) actually is I suppose it's just possible that old Lizzie's potions might not be quite all that either.

Something tells me that we'll never really find out what Torricelumn (TM) is but I bet the bottles it's in will get ever shinier.

Kerching :mysmilie_59:

Pope Pete's selling a "Scott Feather Hotel Quality White Goose Feather & Down Box Pillow" - Why do they feel the need to point out that either the goose feathers or the pillow is white in the product description? Isn't that a bit racist?

Also Peter Simon said this evening that he was restless in bed last night and felt cold this morning; make a note of this for the next time he claims that he uses bed product X & always has a good night's sleep.

Ah yes Merry, the Poundland Argan Oil ripoffs were one of Bid's most egregious acts of shystery. And remember what that beauty expert SCHLOCKO used to say about that stuff? What a flake!

Mind you, in the absence of knowing what on earth that mysterious 'discovery' Torricelumn (TM) actually is I suppose it's just possible that old Lizzie's potions might not be quite all that either.

Something tells me that we'll never really find out what Torricelumn (TM) is but I bet the bottles it's in will get ever shinier.

Kerching :mysmilie_59:

I have been researching
Torricelumn TM appears to have a marine origin(amongst other things).Thought there was something fishy about it.

Attachments

• NewMemo_03102016_194347.jpg
    NewMemo_03102016_194347.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 120
Dirty Peter is selling some truly hideous 'Maserati' Watches. But he just said ........

'Here is the latest of the Moriartys'

He must have been watching Sherlock which seems to have made a much bigger impression on him than that junk :mysmilie_59:

I have been researching
Torricelumn TM appears to have a marine origin(amongst other things).Thought there was something fishy about it.

Yeah, it's probably got some microscopic speck of some sludge from somewhere in it.

But the clue is in the 'TM' part isn't it? In other words it's just a made up word that old Lizzie trade marked.

How do people fall for the crap? :mysmilie_59:

Dirty Peter is selling some truly hideous 'Maserati' Watches. But he just said ........

'Here is the latest of the Moriartys'

He must have been watching Sherlock which seems to have made a much bigger impression on him than that junk :mysmilie_59:

Also the product description for one of the watches simply had the word 'Gold' or 'Black'; not gold-plated or black anodised, etc.; would they dare sell a £120 watch that was only gold tone? (Of course they would, unfortunately.)

Indeed there seemed to be a distinct lack of factual information in both sales pitch and product description which was most odd for products with a high asking price :mysmilie_59:

Also the product description for one of the watches simply had the word 'Gold' or 'Black'; not gold-plated or black anodised, etc.; would they dare sell a £120 watch that was only gold tone? (Of course they would, unfortunately.)

Indeed there seemed to be a distinct lack of factual information in both sales pitch and product description which was most odd for products with a high asking price :mysmilie_59:

While I was watching he had to check on the prices of two of the Watches. No, no mistake, the prices were correct. Nothing changes!!

Every Watch he saw, it was Ooohhh, oohh, oohh. He's so predictable!

Latest posts

Back