Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up





    Lisa Riley’s Back and Better Than Ever With Her Brand New Autumn Clothing Line, Exclusively at Ideal World

    We’re excited to announce that TV favourite and Loose Women panellist Lisa Riley is returning to Ideal World with style to unveil her brand new autumn clothing line.

      After winning multiple plus size awards, Lisa decided to launch her own clothing label ‘Just Be You’ exclusively with Ideal World to overcome the disappointment in styles previously offered to her. After sharing her amazing weight loss journey with the nation, Lisa created her collection of clothing and garments to make you feel “confident, sexy and beautiful.”

    The TV favourite says “Of all my collections with Ideal World, this is by far my ultimate favourite. I feel the fabrics, colours and the unique “me” style comes across 100%. It is fashion for everyone. I hope you love it as much as I do!”

    Read More

    Page 2 of 615 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast
    Results 11 to 20 of 6145
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jun 2013
      Location
      east london
      Posts
      2,837
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default Random musings and general banter.

      Good morning everyone. I did a similar thread on the bid tv forum and seeing as this channel this clearly morphing into that entity, I felt it may be appropriate to continue in the same vein.

      I wonder who looked at bid TV's business model, saw it piss money up the wall and decided ''that will work on ideal world''

      I don't expect this thread to be anywhere near as successful as the bid thread but no harm in jotting down your observations upon watching this assumed decline in quality shopping tv.
       
      ''now that's a lot of great sound, I know great sound''

    2. Support ShoppingTelly.com
      Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    3. #11
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Posts
      107
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default





      Quote Originally Posted by shopatdrop View Post
      He has left Ideal World, but he hasn't gone very far, he is with Create and Craft starting from next week.
      Oh NO!!!!!!!!! I hate watching him and was pleased he was with IW not C&C.

      I don't watch much of either channel these days but he's a big turn-off for me (along with a few others... Loen and Dennice spring to mind) even if I like the product.

      I actually got an email today from IW about the benefits of flexipay, one wonders why??????????? I personally hate using it so wasn't bothered, if I don't have the money I don't buy, since I don't want to be in debt - it's far too easy to buy on flexipay and if you can't keep track of the 2, 3 or 4 monthly payments you could get a nasty shock at some point in the future.

      One wonders if the powers that be are actually taking note of what is being said on forums.... this can't be the only one that's rubbishing the direction that the channel is heading.
      Perhaps the golden age of tv shopping is coming to an end - having eventually run out of new customers who will fall for the hype and buy over-priced tat.


      › See More: Random musings and general banter.
      Last edited by carrots; 04-10-2014 at 07:15 AM.

    4. #12
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Posts
      592
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      I don't think the golden age of shopping telly is coming to an end, 18,000 new customers who had never purchased from QVC before, did so last month alone. I think the problem is Ideal World, where they used to be a fairly watchable and even (deep breath) worth a purchase here and there, nowadays it's just laughable.
      They need to get new products, but I'm guessing that the problem is no-one will supply them on their terms. Look at all the companies who have left them to go to QVC. I remember a supplier to IW posted on here, annonymously of course, saying how Ideal's terms were unworkable.
      All seems to be going a bit gimmicky if you ask me. Mike barro-boi was almost falling over himself this afternoon to emphasise Flexi-pay over and over and on every item and combinations of items. Even made it sound, to trained ears here, like you got something cheaper if you used it. Also they are now banging on the 'try it first' angle, weeeel yeah, if you discount the cost of sending every item back via a tracked service, can you imagine how much the Karcher would be!!!! and also remembering that lots of things now can't actually be sent via cheaper couriers too........ I know when I was sending perfume for an example, I could ONLY send by Royal Mail.

      Anyhoo as nice as Andy Love seemed, he was just as bad as them all, who, in my opinion, would sell their grandmothers for one more sale. QVC presenters prove (some of them) that these low down and outright shoddy tactics are un-neccessary, but then, if you sell quality, you don't generally need tictacs :)
      Likes mr tom liked this post
       

    5.    Sponsored Link

    6. #13
      Join Date
      Jan 2013
      Location
      Herts/Beds
      Posts
      348
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Is Andy the one with the cycle helmet haircut?
      'Have I mentioned this hour that my book is still available on Amazon?'

    7.    Sponsored Link

    8. #14
      Join Date
      Sep 2009
      Posts
      107
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      I just wonder how many of those 18,000 new customers will still be buying next month or even next year. It only takes some people one bad experience to put them off, whether it's faulty goods, late delivery, or poor customer service.
      I read about more and more people not bothering to watch - I haven't watched IW for about 6 months (not bought anything for 18 months) and I've not watched or bought from Q for nearly 4 years.
      I can almost always find what I want cheaper online and I hate the hard sell.... I've walked out of shops in the past when the assistants have been over keen, so I hate any hard sell and switch off. I can't be the only one who feels like this and there must be many more like me who aren't on this or anyother forum.
      Likes cheesecake liked this post
       

    9.    Price Crash TV

    10. #15
      Join Date
      Dec 2013
      Location
      In a squat near you!
      Posts
      982
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by carrots View Post
      I just wonder how many of those 18,000 new customers will still be buying next month or even next year. It only takes some people one bad experience to put them off, whether it's faulty goods, late delivery, or poor customer service.
      I read about more and more people not bothering to watch - I haven't watched IW for about 6 months (not bought anything for 18 months) and I've not watched or bought from Q for nearly 4 years.
      I can almost always find what I want cheaper online and I hate the hard sell.... I've walked out of shops in the past when the assistants have been over keen, so I hate any hard sell and switch off. I can't be the only one who feels like this and there must be many more like me who aren't on this or anyother forum.
      That's pretty much how I feel too! Then I needed to do a search on line for an item, and stumbled onto this forum about a year ago. I hope that new customers finding information about sale items do the same. They can see feedback from more informed customers. All ready to share the good and bad experiences - but sadly I fear mostly bad. I wonder how many of the new 18,000 new customers (allegedly) are going to have a positive outcome? More importantly, how many of the 18,000 will find this forum?
      Likes carrots, cheesecake liked this post
       

    11.    Gemporia

    12. #16
      Join Date
      Aug 2008
      Posts
      592
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Oh noes :( 'Giftable' has arrived on Ideal World. Only a matter of time I guess, I'm assuming 'get this for your kids teachers' will be next :(

    13.    Advertisment

    14. #17
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      Location
      On the phone/not the web!
      Posts
      6,795
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Christmas shopping was in full swing lunchtime with Joanne and her amazing jewellery. Bits of silver, gold plated unappealing stuff imo. Jewellery is best left to Gems really, they have that in the bag as far as I'm concerned.

      It was all a bit haphazard too, 'cluster ring' shown on the graphics turned out to be not the right description for what she was holding and it was sometime before this was noticed. Imagine if you'd ordered? Also she had a gold plated knot pendant that she was asking the producer or whoever to order for her (yes, that old chestnut) and it came with a 'free' set of silver earrings, wowee......but they bore no resemblance to the pendant. Thought to myself, well it's IW, they do cobble any old bits together. Then a few items on, she showed another necklace that 'if you bought it from Tiffanys, you could put a 1 in front of the price that IW are selling it for' Strange thing is, the earrings that were 'free' with the earlier necklace, seemed to match this one perfectly I wonder if they'd cOcked that up too?

      Shambles
      Likes cheesecake liked this post
       

    15.    Sponsored Link

    16. #18
      Join Date
      Jun 2013
      Location
      east london
      Posts
      2,837
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by cheesecake View Post
      Anyhoo as nice as Andy Love seemed, he was just as bad as them all, who, in my opinion, would sell their grandmothers for one more sale. QVC presenters prove (some of them) that these low down and outright shoddy tactics are un-neccessary, but then, if you sell quality, you don't generally need tictacs :)
      it's funny you should say that. During their 'fashion week' as it's not like there isn't enough of them on shopping tv..... Loen Love roped her mum into show off the woodland leather jacket.
      ''now that's a lot of great sound, I know great sound''

    17.    Crafting.co.uk

    18. #19
      Join Date
      Feb 2014
      Posts
      394
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Actually, I just flicked through the channels, now actually Dennnnice's lovely friend Sean was actually on, no doubt this has actually been said before but actually how many times an hour or actually in a sale actually does Sean actually say actually? Its actually incredible actually, and he fits it into sentence when you would think its actually impossible to get the word in actually.

      Does no producer or the sales assistant ever asses the past shows they have done to see if they can actually improve and learn from what they actually have done in the past?
      Likes Mary Betamax liked this post
       

    19.    Sponsored Link

    20. #20
      Join Date
      Jan 2013
      Location
      Herts/Beds
      Posts
      348
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by S C O View Post
      Actually, I just flicked through the channels, now actually Dennnnice's lovely friend Sean was actually on, no doubt this has actually been said before but actually how many times an hour or actually in a sale actually does Sean actually say actually? Its actually incredible actually, and he fits it into sentence when you would think its actually impossible to get the word in actually.

      Does no producer or the sales assistant ever asses the past shows they have done to see if they can actually improve and learn from what they actually have done in the past?
      No...Actually.
      'Have I mentioned this hour that my book is still available on Amazon?'

    •   Alt

      Advertising

      advertising

        
       

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •