Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Our pete has just changed his story from the top of the hour

Earlier his heating went off at 9 and he couldn't sleep by midnight

Just now his heating went off at 830 and he had an early night and was cold but asleep by 10

Says a lot he can't even be bothered to get the bullshit right now

I swear when I heard him earlier he was in bed by 8 but his heating went off at 10!

It would be hilarious if only he (and this entire channel) weren't taking money off the most vulnerable.

After hearing how a mobility scooter had transformed the the life of one of Ideal’s customers, Shaun claimed that he had become ‘quite emotional’-almost reduced to tears, according to his fellow presenter on today’s Lugie show.

I wonder if Shaun might extend some of that trademark empathy to the plight of a forgotten barman at an anonymous village pub. This tragic figure-let’s call him ‘Jase’-has been pulling pints and feigning smiles for far too long, nursing the vain hope that his other half will finally acknowledge that they really are a couple, and that they will at last spend some quality time together.

planet.jpg drunk.jpg

Instead, his ever-busy boyfriend, a supposedly well-known shopping tele presenter, continues to keep him in the shadows, tormenting him with his flamboyant lifestyle: going from one cruise to the next, fraternising with ‘beefy’ gentlemen, signing autographs for starstruck pensioners, and generally living the life of a carefree single man.

Between bouts of regret over his late father’s restricted mobility, and nearly breaking down following reports of life-changing scooters, perhaps Shaun can (finally) spare a thought for this lovelorn gentleman...:mysmilie_59:

Our pete has just changed his story from the top of the hour

Earlier his heating went off at 9 and he couldn't sleep by midnight

Just now his heating went off at 830 and he had an early night and was cold but asleep by 10

Says a lot he can't even be bothered to get the bullshit right now[/QUOTE

The more bull**** he comes out with the harder it gets to remember his own cr**.If he was telling the truth mistakes wouldn't happen and his story would be consistent.

Barrow boy enjoying having the most words in this watch show with the new expert

The new watch guest does not seem to fit ideals "formula" sure with time it will cone

Mike trusts him so all is good

First time I have seen him

He is giving full accurate specs not saying they are worth more than they are.

OK yep he's bigging up shitty watches but he is a salesman and he's on shopping TV

Plus he just completely ignored barrow boys sexist joke so that makes him OK by me

First time I have seen him

He is giving full accurate specs not saying they are worth more than they are.

OK yep he's bigging up shitty watches but he is a salesman and he's on shopping TV

Plus he just completely ignored barrow boys sexist joke so that makes him OK by me

This is Tom Frake.

Tom Frake (known to some people on here as Tom Flake or Tom Fake) is, as I understand, actually yet another ex-Bid TV cohort but from behind the scenes so he's not so much a Goon as a Goonette.

Apparently he was a 'Producer' at Bid but has now morphed into a jewellery 'expert' after gaining a qualification that he often proudly shows in a picture frame at the start of a 'show'. He's schlocky for sure (they all are) but he's polite enough. I wouldn't buy a watch from him, if he's an expert then why does he shill space 'diamonds' and watches called DeLorean which is just a long since defunct car brand, a really crap, scandal ridden, bankrupt car brand (just like the Bid TV brand) known mostly for featuring as a time travel machine in a fantasy movie some 30 years ago?

He was just extolling the virtues of a 'Luxury Watchcase' from those noted Watchmakers, Constantin Weiss, it's made from Leatherette and Suedette with a Calf 'Pattern' that they want £17.50 for.

To be frank it doesn't look like it's even worth the eyewatering £5.99 delivery charge but it's surely perfect for storing the truly shat, preposterously overpriced, watches that they sell.

Perhaps nothing shows love on Christmas Day like a DeLorean Watch & Constantin Weisz Watch Box?

I'd rather receive a tin of Roses :mysmilie_59:

This is Tom Frake.

Tom Frake (known to some people on here as Tom Flake or Tom Fake) is actually yet another ex-Bid TV cohort but from behind the scenes so he's not so much a Goon as a Goonette.

He was a 'Producer' but has somehow now morphed into a jewellery 'expert' after gaining a qualification that he often proudly shows in a picture frame at the start of a 'show'. He's schlocky for sure (they all are) but he's polite enough. I wouldn't buy a watch from him, if he's an expert then why does he shill space 'diamonds' and watches called DeLorean which is just a long since defunct car brand, a really crap, scandal ridden car brand, known mostly for featuring in a fantasy movie some 30 years ago.

He was just extolling the virtues of a 'Luxury Watchcase' made from Leatherette and Suedette with a Calf 'Pattern' that they want £17.50 for.

To be frank it doesn't look like it's even worth the eyewatering £5.99 delivery charge but it's surely perfect for storing the shat preposterously priced watches they sell :mysmilie_59:

Fair enough

I have only seen him tonight sure he will grate on me in time.

He was very detailed stuck to the specs mostly and didnt once do a kev and pretend collectors were on the phones...

Gene please had come in specially for the fashion pick of the day. That must be why she looked half asleep during the heating show she was on earlier then

Amy could you clarify your position on Sally please?

Another ceramic heating show with shitelock Simon

Of course he had the heating on last night of course he couldn't sleep of course he had to many quilts on

His radiator system doesn't work he assures us he is going to buy one today

Amazing he hasn't bought one yet considering how many times its been on.

Peter von look bright getting paid for zilch here just letting pete ramble on

I put a similar post on a different thread. If the heaters were that good he would have bought one years ago. So they can't be any good or he's talking complete ****.

Can I ask a serious question from my male forumites. Are men impressed that a watch has the same name as a racing car?

Well I'm not, it has to be a half decent proper Watch brand for me. Nothing sold on shopping television, as most of them are just overpriced junk.

In my opinion, car name brand watches don't do a thing for me! When I look at my watch, it's to see what time it is, not to flash up the cost of a watch or impress someone that may be 20 times the cost of my old trusty watch I got from the States back in the 80's. Cost me $25, which back then was about £13.00. What surprises me, is the accuracy of them is never quoted, for example, accurate to x seconds per year or so?
Looking at the size of those watches, you must need several weeks in a gym to be able to wear such a "Lump" of scrap metal on your wrist!

Can I ask a serious question from my male forumites. Are men impressed that a watch has the same name as a racing car?

I have a slight addiction to watches but have never even remotely considered adding anything Ideal World sells to my collection. As Radio_Daze says, the vast majority scream (extremely) overpriced junk and usually look cheap and nasty. For me, the fact a watch is associated with a car is an automatic reason NOT to buy it. Quality watches do not need to be rebranded to sell.

Having said that the fact Ideal have so many of these watch shows must mean they do manage to shift them; I can only assume to people who rarely (if ever) buy watches or those buying for a relative who assume they have bought something desirable. Sadly, they haven't.

Last edited:
Fair enough

I have only seen him tonight sure he will grate on me in time.

He was very detailed stuck to the specs mostly and didnt once do a kev and pretend collectors were on the phones...

Gene please had come in specially for the fashion pick of the day. That must be why she looked half asleep during the heating show she was on earlier then

He at least 'appears' more plausible than Kevinski which I guess probably isn't saying much. Perhaps Kevin Reynolds is to Horology what Mike Mason is to erudite eloquence and what 'Chef' :mysmilie_19:Joe Remblance is to Haute Cuisine, in fact any Cuisine, certainly not Lean Cuisine.

Tom Flake advertises himself as a TV Producer that is looking for work. He doesn't mention his Jewellery credentials here, a hidden talent perhaps?

Maybe he's just modest? :mysmilie_59:

https://www.thetalentmanager.co.uk/talent/41844

Tbf the pick of the day seems a good idea

The parkas look a good copy of the ridiculously overpriced centigrade stuff qvc peddle for 60-100 regularly.

Tbf the pick of the day seems a good idea

The parkas look a good copy of the ridiculously overpriced centigrade stuff qvc peddle for 60-100 regularly.

Really? I had a quick look and I wasn't that impressed at all, it's a bumfreezer jacket made out of 100% polyester and at £25 I'm not bowled over...most certainly wouldn't pay full price for it! Check this out...looks 100% a better deal!

http://www.lidl.co.uk/en/our-offers-2491.htm?action=showDetail&id=38361. Full sized parka, made from 100% cotton and it's water resistant. Ok you'd have to go and buy it, but even with bus fare it'd work out cheaper! Well I guess not everybody's got a Lidl that close, but would imagine Primark do some pretty good parkas too!

Latest posts

Back