Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The GTECH is my other bugbear with ideal world, theY sell the old model for only £20 LESS THAN GTECH with free postage from gtech direct.

The reviews for GTECH on the QVC forum when they sold it were awful.

We have just bought a Cordless Vax (direct from Vax, much cheaper than Ideal World currently charge and with free tools although they'll probably sell it cheaper on a POTD). We haven't had much luck with Vax products in the past but we thought we'd give them another go as the reviews for the model were good (Slim Vac) and I'm glad to say it seems OK.

Early days though! :mysmilie_59:

http://www.idealworld.tv/pp/vax-cordless-slim-vac-384571?p=1

http://www.vax.co.uk/cordless-slim-vac

I genuinely just had to rewind the 'show' as I thought I was seeing things, sadly I wasn't.

They actually want, I'm not making this up, £1009.00 (that's ONE THOUSAND AND NINE POUNDS) all in for a Stuhrling Watch.

A Stuhrling Watch! That brand they used to sell on Bid TV.

It's gotta be a ringer to make the majority of the other Stuhrling models seem like good value, surely?

What on earth are they playing at? :mysmilie_13:

http://www.idealworld.tv/pp/stuhrling-gents-mechanical-tourbillon-open-heart-watch-with-genuine-alligator-strap-362314?referrer=search&fh_location=//idealworld/en_GB/$s=stuthprling/500.0@lt;price_iw@lt;1000.0

I genuinely just had to rewind the 'show' as I thought I was seeing things, sadly I wasn't.

They actually want, I'm not making this up, £1009.00 (that's ONE THOUSAND AND NINE POUNDS) all in for a Stuhrling Watch.

It's gotta be a ringer to make the majority of the other Stuhrling models seem like good value, surely?

http://www.idealworld.tv/pp/stuhrli...GB/$s=stuthprling/500.0@lt;price_iw@lt;1000.0

Complete with "genuine alligator strap". A genuine alligator was sacrificed just to create a hideous-looking watch :down:

(And yes I know about cows and real leather; this still seems somehow different.)

De Knees kept on mentioning "interest free credit" as well...

http://www.idealworld.tv/pp/stuhrling-gents-mechanical-tourbillon-open-heart-watch-with-genuine-alligator-strap-362314?referrer=search&fh_location=//idealworld/en_GB/$s=stuthprling/500.0@lt;price_iw@lt;1000.0

I saw that dozy pair selling that Tourbillon. Actually, £1000 is quite reasonable for a Tourbillon, but not for a Stuhrling. They also said that it didn't require winding, which is quite untrue, as it's not automatic!

Also the Watch expert, Caroline from Garrards, sold a Watch with a cream dial, telling viewers that it was a Chronograph. Wrong again!

Experts, I've shot 'em!

Complete with "genuine alligator strap". A genuine alligator was sacrificed just to create a hideous-looking watch :down:

(And yes I know about cows and real leather; this still seems somehow different.)

De Knees kept on mentioning "interest free credit" as well...

I'd only pay £1009.00 for it if it had a BONDED LEATHER strap otherwise it's just not LUXURIOUS DELUXE LUXURY.

And so say's CREEPY CRAWLEY and he knows LUXURIOUS DELUXE LUXURY like nobody else.

Alligator? Meh! :mysmilie_59:

what do you guys and girls make of the little platform IW has during the fashion shows?

Sometimes I feel it makes them look beyond second rate.... plus why make these giant women look even bigger.

I can't believe Howard has managed to get dog poo in the sales pitch for the call blocker and also exes. :mysmilie_51:

Saw the dog poo bit; Howard was selling a phone call blocker device (also available elsewhere), and following the theme of unwanted phone calls he was talking about things that annoyed him, with the first thing being "dog poo on the pavement". Didn't watch long enough to notice any ex-partner reference but scarcely surprised at all based on his form.

Poo Poo never lets you down :mysmilie_59:

Saw the dog poo bit; Howard was selling a phone call blocker device (also available elsewhere), and following the theme of unwanted phone calls he was talking about things that annoyed him, with the first thing being "dog poo on the pavement". Didn't watch long enough to notice any ex-partner reference but scarcely surprised at all based on his form.

Poo Poo never lets you down :mysmilie_59:

One wonders if we'll ever get to the real reason behind Poo Poo's faecal fascination before Ideal World goes down the dunny.

It's clear that his excrement exclaimations are the only reason anyone ever mentions him on here.

Without his dung dialogue you wouldn't really notice he's there would you? :mysmilie_59:

IMG_0230.JPGIMG_0231.JPG

The Ideal World catwalk currently on looks like a flippin' grave plot with a headstone. RIP IW!

The Ideal World catwalk currently on looks like a flippin' grave plot with a headstone. RIP IW!

De Knees says the Glitter Cami 'looks like Red Velvet'.

Silly me, I thought it looks like Nylon* :mysmilie_59:

*coz it is

Winter fashion day oh god this channel is turning into bidtv. Bidtv did non stop fashion all day with sally jacks and peter simon, switching this channel off.

Winter fashion day oh god this channel is turning into bidtv. Bidtv did non stop fashion all day with sally jacks and peter simon, switching this channel off.

Yes. Do it if you care about your mental well-being.

I know there is nothing wrong and can be infect quite advantageous to play to the strengths of your staff/presenters, but I do think that for example Sally wants to do fashion as opposed to genuinely being good at presenting fashion.

I know there is nothing wrong and can be infect quite advantageous to play to the strengths of your staff/presenters, but I do think that for example Sally wants to do fashion as opposed to genuinely being good at presenting fashion.

I have no doubt that Sally likes 'fashion' but it's patently clear that she doesn't buy her clothes from Ideal World anymore than Baby Jane or De Knees do.

Let's face it, just because the three of them say that they have bought this and that doesn't really mean that they have. I have to say that it has crossed my mind that these three ladies quite possibly tell fibs.

There's nothing wrong with Ideal World's decent value (ish) clothing but if it really was 'Fashion' you wouldn't have it being shilled by a weirdo creep like Peter Simon would you? :mysmilie_59:

Problem with Sally, Mike and Peter, they sound as if they are selling clothes down Peckham Market. I fnd it difficult to take their 'fashion' seriuosly. They may as well be selling second hand clothes in Oxfam or Age Conern.

They're selling that call blocker gadget for (in my opinion) a rather steep £66 delivered.

In fairness it does appear effective but you can actually buy a BT Cordless Phone and Answering Machine with a very similar feature built in for £50 delivered (we have an older model, works a treat and no subscription required and you don't need to be with BT for it to work, we aren't).

I wonder if it blocks those endless nuisance calls from their own, ripoff, pesky 'My Ideal Rewards' :mysmilie_59:

http://www.idealworld.tv/pp/cpr-v2000-call-blocker-387720?referrer=search&fh_location=//IdealWorld/en_GB/$s=387720

https://www.shop.bt.com/products/bt8600-premium-nuisance-call-blocker---single-083157-BV9S.html

Check out the only two reviews for this item 1 star and the reviews have not been taken down YET!!!

http://www.idealworld.tv/pp/cpr-v2000-call-blocker-387720?referrer=search&fh_location=//IdealWorld/en_GB/$s=cpr%20call%20blocker

I have no doubt that Sally likes 'fashion' but it's patently clear that she doesn't buy her clothes from Ideal World anymore than Baby Jane or De Knees do.

Let's face it, just because the three of them say that they have bought this and that doesn't really mean that they have. I have to say that it has crossed my mind that these three ladies quite possibly tell fibs.

There's nothing wrong with Ideal World's decent value (ish) clothing but if it really was 'Fashion' you wouldn't have it being shilled by a weirdo creep like Peter Simon would you? :mysmilie_59:

The thought of Pete with his hairy mitts getting snagged on the nylon fashion creations; as he cops a quick grope of the model underneath; is enough to make 'our Sal's'screeching seem positively palatable. (For a short time of course)

images-5.jpeg2016-11-10-13-29-46--61439862.jpeg

Latest posts

Back