Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

One look at Howard on screen and no dog can help pooing on the pavement - it's called the power of association.......And he's the biggest ruddy nuisance call of all, when he yells out one of his 'witticisms' for us all to hear. (And I wish someone would hand it to him.....the dog poo, that is).

A few minutes into the Call Blocker show, Howard revealed the two things that really annoy him: nuisance calls, and dog poo on the pavement. You have to hand it to him, it doesn't matter what he's selling, he nearly always manages a reference to his favourite subject.

Last edited:
He's on with the Mankey Tosspot (sorry, Mathey Tissot) watches at present, and he's saying "all we want from you today is £100 plus the post & packaging, the first of 4 instalments" - so it does look as though someone has had a little word in his lugholes. About time - he (and others) have been getting away with being disingenuous for far too long. He's just told us that the watch can tell us when it's full moon - quite frankly, I'm not surprised he would want to know that, as his behaviour is probably affected by the full moon, but for the rest of us they just look like the usual overpriced carp. Come back when the watch forecasts the winning numbers of the National Lottery, Pete, then I'll buy one.

Only just turned over, was watching University Challenge!!! (Don't know why, only got one answer right)

Fun tonight seeing how many different ways Peter can mispronounce Mathey -Tissot ,he came up with Mateo Tissiot and Matthew lLe Tissiot ( the footballing horologist ) among quite a few others.
Kevin and Peter are both absolute scoundrels implying once again that the watches will increase in value saying that 'there won't be anymore -you might be able to find a second hand one but then you'd pay -you say it Peter - well exactly!'
The imaginary audience of collectors was invoked once again -what a pair they are !

Kevin and Peter are both absolute scoundrels implying once again that the watches will increase in value saying that 'there won't be anymore -you might be able to find a second hand one but then you'd pay -you say it Peter - well exactly!'
The imaginary audience of collectors was invoked once again -what a pair they are !

Am I mistaken or were the terrible duo trying to imply that the watches would increase in price due to Brexit? Peter was mumbling something about "leaving Europe" whilst trying "not to talk about it" about as successfully as Howard trying not to talk about poo, then Kevski said something about the watches increasing in value as a result.

But a moment or two earlier they were talking about the Swissness of the watches saying that they were completely Swiss made...but hang on...isn't Switzerland not part of the European Union?!?

:mysmilie_15:

Mattey Tissio (or Tissiot) was my favourite! And although I freely admit I watched it for a laugh, it isn't really funny when they come out with all this "collector's watch" carp and imply that if you want to buy one in future, it will cost you an arm and a leg: it's deliberately misleading in my book, and they aid and abet each other. Where are the ASA when this goes on? When did Pete or the bloke with him qualify as financial advisers or appraisers?

Fun tonight seeing how many different ways Peter can mispronounce Mathey -Tissot ,he came up with Mateo Tissiot and Matthew lLe Tissiot ( the footballing horologist ) among quite a few others.

You're right - maybe they know that the Swiss will take revenge by refusing to part with the Mattey Tisso - or Matthew Le Tissier or Mattey Tissioty, or however Pete pronounces it - watches. Lol! Oldest trick in the sales book - implying that something will shoot up in price because of market forces, the fall of the dollar, Halley's Comet, the Queen's birthday or some other rot, and that they have no control over it...so you should buy one NOW. Don't try to find any logic in what's said - 'cos there isn't any! And perhaps the EU would kindly club together to send Pete on a trip somewhere.......suggestions welcomed.
Am I mistaken or were the terrible duo trying to imply that the watches would increase in price due to Brexit? Peter was mumbling something about "leaving Europe" whilst trying "not to talk about it" about as successfully as Howard trying not to talk about poo, then Kevski said something about the watches increasing in value as a result.

But a moment or two earlier they were talking about the Swissness of the watches saying that they were completely Swiss made...but hang on...isn't Switzerland not part of the European Union?!?

:mysmilie_15:

I saw a bit of Dirty Pete and the Woodland leather show just before the watches. He said "in years to come your children (or may be grandchildren, I wasn't listenng that closely) would be fighting over themselves to get the coat (I assume he meant once you'd dropped dead!). Hilarious!

I refused to watch when I realised that Igor woildn't get a mention as they were not Russian watches. Igor is a legend!!!

It's reassuring to know that if you need some technical assistance after taking delivery of your Mathey-Tisot watch, technical guru Kevinski will be on hand to answer any queries.

An example was given of a customer wanting to know how to adjust a strap. What sort of advice could we expect from the great Kevinski? Well, it turns out he will send you a link to a YouTube video, which should help you out! I dare say he has a 'library' of these videos, which are only accessible to his customers...or anyone else who can be bothered to use the YouTube search engine:mysmilie_59:

Yip these watches that old Pete (I dont know what I'm saying most of the time but just buy!) Simon and Kevski (I know a dodgy website when I see one) The timepiece master are shouting at us to get these once in a life time watches on the household insurance as these pieces of cheap far east sh1te will only ever go up in value.

And of course with every purchase the customer is king, you need anything at all and we mean anything.........................Just get yourself onto youtube and hopefully someone else will have put a video of said watch on so you can get some tips and info from wonky Walters watches vids on youtube :dull:

Dear god this takes customer service to a whole new level...................yes right to the bottom of the barrel!!! Roll up roll up give me the hard earned ££££££ :wait: dont ever ask me any questions though!

I think the award for 'most disingenuous demonstration of this morning' has to go to Peter Vacuum Vol Au Vent.

He's using a Hoover Cordless Vacuum (£73 all in) and he's vacuuming the 'stairs'. Not only did the suction look less than amazing but he was claiming just how easy it is to use on stairs 'as it's so manoeuvrable'.

The trouble is that his 'stairs' are wide open on either side, they're just a prop. Dunno about you but our stairs are kind of 'closed' either side so you can't just sweep the vacuum from left to right like he can with his 'stairs'.

It's a reasonable price though but as is often the case with this lot it can be bought cheaper elsewhere when you take their ripoff P&P into account.

You get what you pay for I guess (unless you buy a Watch from these schlocks) :mysmilie_59:

Yeah I've got one of those dodgy staircases too, the closed in ones, they're an absolute arse to keep clean, and to be honest as time consuming and unpleasant a task, I find that a good old dustpan and brush does the best job!

Polti steam cleaner arrived today no idea why ideal don't promote the fact that they usually deliver very quickly (ordered Sunday email states 5 working days!)

Not like them to undersell something .

The installment thing is certainly getting worse on all channels. Qvc yesterday 44 quid item 12 quid easypay delivery was 8 quid! Apparantley it was all yours for 12 quid... no mention of any more payments.

On a very much side note one bright spark to come from bid must be marina berry.

Watching her on tjc today she is relaxed funny and not taking life or being a shopping tv presenter to seriously.

I note she seems to be getting a lot of singing work so maybe this is now more of a second job as and when for her so perhaps easier to relax and be yourself.

Actually enjoyable to watch no pressure selling bit like shopping tv used to be

Polti steam cleaner arrived today no idea why ideal don't promote the fact that they usually deliver very quickly (ordered Sunday email states 5 working days!)

Not like them to undersell something .

The installment thing is certainly getting worse on all channels. Qvc yesterday 44 quid item 12 quid easypay delivery was 8 quid! Apparantley it was all yours for 12 quid... no mention of any more payments.[/QUOTE

I noticed the other day QVC doing an IW and just stating the easy pay as payment. Craig was banging on about having a budget of £20 for a gift, demoing an air fryer around £62 said with p&p it would be £20 easy pay, didn't mention anything about the rest of the easy pays.

On a very much side note one bright spark to come from bid must be marina berry.

Watching her on tjc today she is relaxed funny and not taking life or being a shopping tv presenter to seriously.

I note she seems to be getting a lot of singing work so maybe this is now more of a second job as and when for her so perhaps easier to relax and be yourself.

I think Marina is just perfect. She's a very natural presenter and has got it spot on imo. Beautiful looking girl too.

I must admit I've warmed to her on TJC - when she was on Bid I used to get irritated with her, she was often seemingly content to be the male presenter's "stooge" - with a sort of "dumb brunette" act that used to get well and truly on my wick. Barra Boy used to be quite nasty to her, often calling her "darlin'" in a patronising way and making faces or raising his eyebrows at the camera, as though he'd been lumbered with her and she was thick. I used to want her to pull herself together and take the p$ss out of him or something, but never had her down as a serious presenter because of her giggling and silly comments while all this stupidity was going on. However, she seems to have come into her own on TJC, and I agree she's much calmer and clearer in her presentations than many of them on that channel. I watched a bit of her presentation of some coloured paste stone sparkly bracelets today, and she was pretty straightforward, not gushy or overly enthusiastic, but came across well.

I must admit I've warmed to her on TJC - when she was on Bid I used to get irritated with her, she was often seemingly content to be the male presenter's "stooge" - with a sort of "dumb brunette" act that used to get well and truly on my wick. Barra Boy used to be quite nasty to her, often calling her "darlin'" in a patronising way and making faces or raising his eyebrows at the camera, as though he'd been lumbered with her and she was thick. I used to want her to pull herself together and take the p$ss out of him or something, but never had her down as a serious presenter because of her giggling and silly comments while all this stupidity was going on. However, she seems to have come into her own on TJC, and I agree she's much calmer and clearer in her presentations than many of them on that channel. I watched a bit of her presentation of some coloured paste stone sparkly bracelets today, and she was pretty straightforward, not gushy or overly enthusiastic, but came across well.

I agree and felt the same toward her. Seeing her now, I think it was all an act she had to put on. The laughter always seemed forced.

They've let Peter Simon loose on some Tattered Lace crafting materials and quite frankly it's car crash viewing. Shouting all over the guest, shouting at the viewers, awful jokes, etc., you name it. He's already used the word 'fondling' :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back