Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Excellent moment just now from the guy with the gravelly voice that sounds like he is a chain smoker....I don't know his name. Anyway, he is doing the show with the E-Bike, and has just pointed out how it comes with mudguards, and then with great disgust, explains how some shops sell bikes with no mudguards, you have to buy them separately!! Like it is a crime.

Someone better remind him of that the next time he is presenting the Gtech bike, that you guessed it, doesn't come with mudguards and costs twice as much :)

I must say about those leather reclining chairs though. For the price I am impressed. When my granny was still around we sourced a fabric covered chair from a disability supply store, and it was £500 just for a fabric chair that raised and lowered. If she was around now, that leather chair with the massage etc, would have proved a much better purchase.

Excellent moment just now from the guy with the gravelly voice that sounds like he is a chain smoker....I don't know his name. Anyway, he is doing the show with the E-Bike, and has just pointed out how it comes with mudguards, and then with great disgust, explains how some shops sell bikes with no mudguards, you have to buy them separately!! Like it is a crime.

Someone better remind him of that the next time he is presenting the Gtech bike, that you guessed it, doesn't come with mudguards and costs twice as much :)

I must say about those leather reclining chairs though. For the price I am impressed. When my granny was still around we sourced a fabric covered chair from a disability supply store, and it was £500 just for a fabric chair that raised and lowered. If she was around now, that leather chair with the massage etc, would have proved a much better purchase.

On the face of it they look fine but these 'Leather' Chairs are actually 'Bonded' Leather Chairs, i.e a composite mix of a paper or fibre base and shredded Leather which is coated to supposedly give a Leather like finish. In reality it looks and feels absolutely nothing like Leather.

Regrettably Ideal World never make a single reference to the percentage ratio of leather to filler, in fact they never even explain what 'Bonded' Leather actually is! Sadly when Bonded Leather is torn (which it appears prone to) it is nigh on impossible to repair and will deteriorate extremely quickly.

These chairs in my opinion do not seem good value, indeed the quoted 'Our Usual Price' would be laughable if it wasn't so downright scandalous. It seems similar products are widely available and often for considerably less (but not with Flexipay, offered to absolutely anyone) :mysmilie_59:

Well I have just finished watching Laurel & Hardy (PS & William) in the kitchen and the whole thing was a farce and if I was on the board of Daewoo I would be really p.o. IW need to review his shows because they are a joke and off topic watching PS blow his nose on his t-shirt while he was doing the exercise hour was enough to make you want to throw up.

Oh & PS has changed the POTD to introductory price - lol the blokes an idiot.

Here's a link to similar Electric Rise and Massage Bonded Leather Chairs on Amazon. If you have a gander you'll see there are a plethora of styles available, delivered, many for less than £300 and most (if not all) for far, far less than the near £500 that Ideal World want for their version.

But you won't get Flexipay on them :wink:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/FoxHunter-Recliner-Electric-Mobility-FH-MLS-10/dp/B01M8NL4B3/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1484546320&sr=8-1&keywords=Electric+massage+Bonded+leather+chair

I didn't think it was possible for Howard's bowel obsession to get any more bizarre; that was until I read of his two-yearly rearly inspections. Never one to hold back on matters fecal, Howard made the following revelation on his Twitter page earlier today: "Have my 2yearly colonoscopies at same Cardiff University Hospital of Wales"[/I]

Thanks Howard, that's put my mind at rest:mysmilie_59:

That's wonderful and interesting. I could possibly bump into him as he roams around the grounds.

images.jpeg

Last edited:
Well I have just finished watching Laurel & Hardy (PS & William) in the kitchen and the whole thing was a farce and if I was on the board of Daewoo I would be really p.o. IW need to review his shows because they are a joke and off topic watching PS blow his nose on his t-shirt while he was doing the exercise hour was enough to make you want to throw up.

Oh & PS has changed the POTD to introductory price - lol the blokes an idiot.

I nearly threw up when he dished up the 'breakfast' :puke:

I had to turn away once I had seen the egg, especially after seeing PS's shirt in his previous hour where he wiped his nose it felt like vomit city.
No wonder he had those horrible snot /putrefaction green socks on when he was on the chair show.Ugggg!!!!!Can't they....hoover him up or something??

Was I dreaming or did Perverse Peter Simon just call Kevinski (yes he's back) the "Saturday night superstar of horology". On a Monday. Well that does explain a few things :mysmilie_59:

Also cringeworthy is Kevinski openly getting rattled - "Just let me finish..." - at Pete's constant interruptions whilst they were trying to sell one of the tackiest-looking automatic watches (their Bermuda own brand) I've ever seen.

I didn't think it was possible for Howard's bowel obsession to get any more bizarre; that was until I read of his two-yearly rearly inspections. Never one to hold back on matters fecal, Howard made the following revelation on his Twitter page earlier today: "Have my 2yearly colonoscopies at same Cardiff University Hospital of Wales"[/I]

Thanks Howard, that's put my mind at rest:mysmilie_59:

Oh dear, that is waaaaay to much information. Maybe it explains the reason I am not on Twitter!

Watching the repeat of the amazing radiator show as I seem to have a strange compulsion to observe Ol'Pete.He's with Peter Vollbreght-the renowned warmthmeister. Pete is giving us the weather forecast/cuddly heat/banging pipes/one warm room/living alone spiel again.He also said the radiators are "omitting heat" instead of "emitting heat" The more I see the presentations,the more the word blaggard springs to mind.

Pete is giving us the weather forecast/cuddly heat/banging pipes/one warm room/living alone spiel again.He also said the radiators are "omitting heat" instead of "emitting heat" The more I see the presentations,the more the word blaggard springs to mind.

He seems to say that EVERY TIME nowadays along with similar 'mistakes' like that renowned footballing watchmaker Mathey Le Tissot as heard yesterday. Has to be deliberate of course since he would surely have been pulled up about them by now.

Of course he also makes genuine mistakes as well...

He seems to say that EVERY TIME nowadays along with similar 'mistakes' like that renowned footballing watchmaker Mathey Le Tissot as heard yesterday. Has to be deliberate of course since he would surely have been pulled up about them by now.

Of course he also makes genuine mistakes as well...

For whatever reason he's so dishonest and disingenuous, this has been demonstrably proven time and time again.

It would be easy to think the little pronouncing mistakes are just a ruse to help justify the arguably deliberate big mistakes he has endlessly made throughout his 'career'. To this day he's still not making categorically clear, which he is absolutely obliged to, that the first Flexipay installment is not the total selling price.

Once somebody makes a first complaint to the ASA about this is kind of thing I believe it's downhill from there.

Let's remember that this man single handily generated more upheld ASA complaints than most television retailers would surely expect from ALL of their presenters.

And yet Ideal World still hired him. I'd argue that this could say much about this company :mysmilie_59:

Last edited:
IMO Ideal World need to decide whether they want to be a serious contender in the shopping channels or a platform for the likes of PS as you can't have both. His presenting is misleading ('ave it now for £20 but omits the 3 other £20 payments for example) and is just a pile of innuendo's which may have a place on a variety show (albeit 20 years ago) but not whilst presenting a vacuum or whatever else he presents.

So now we have Joanne, who I really don't mind at all, describing Flexipay purchases as 'slipping under the radar' so you can get what you want now. She's aggressively urging people to put more and more in a Flexibasket.

And all the while the utterly appalling Shaun Crawley saying 'someone in my house always has at least one thing on Flexipay'. Of course Baby Jane supposedly buys loads of clothes from Ideal World yet dresses and does her make up like Lily Savage.

How terribly disappointing to hear a usually decent host speak so irresponsibly. Debt is debt Joanne, there's no 'radar' to slip under. It's not clever, and it would be easy to think it screams of desperation.

Either way I suspect such language is quite possibly against ASA guidelines :down:

I notice they're always bringing additional items out to 'pop into your flexi basket' especially if they have the maximum of four flexi pays.........'it's only £2.50 in your flexibasket as an additional extra', is really a tenner when all's said and done

Just a comment about the cowl neck POD dress. I see Foghorn Jax and Jo are wearing the 'swing' option as the cowl neck would be down to their ankles. It's knee length on the models and they're 5'.10"/11"!!!!!

Edit: Grope alert!!!!!!! The Pope is doing fashion at 4 :dull:

Another new observation about the worst ever presenter in the history of shopping TV.

He has started saying "This is the best chair ever!.....Probably" "You will never get a better buy!....Probably" "These will sell out very very soon!....... Probably" "No better vacuum has ever been made!......Probably" "This bike will help you lose weight no doubt about that!......Probably" "This is the best cooked food you will ever taste!.....Probably" "Guarenteed this will give you the best nights sleep you have ever had!....Probably"

Where does he come up with all this bull? and why does he think its ok to say all this bull?

PS: now Den is floging a new Collagen, ooooft and pfffft Mr UK Sportsman superman aka The Six Million Dollar Man who HAD the best collagen ever (Probably) will not be chuffed with IW and its presenters now saying this new collagen is the best and tastiest ever............PROBABLY!

Latest posts

Back