Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Flicked on last night before going to sleep and it was bonded leather furniture yet again. Thanks to a member here I'm now aware of what bonded leather is as I had never heard of it before.

But that Paul what's his face is doing his pleading bit to camera and exclaims "249.99!......This should be 6 or 700 pounds. IT'S BONDED LEATHER,"

So yeah, apparently bonded leather now means prices should be sky high? Then a little bit of spiel about how you need to keep on top of leather and feed it etc, but bonded leather is wipe clean. The desperation at times is unreal. Practically begging viewers to buy stuff.

On the Ipad topic, Did anyone else pick up on the wording surrounding the 1 year warrenty?

It was along the lines of "1 year IW warrenty approved by Apple" ok so it goes t1ts up you then you have to deal with the tech wizards that are IW to see if its fixable under and IW warrenty?

Mmmmmh so where has that warrenty came from? thin air? what does this warrenty cover? Do IW now have Ipad experts at hand to diagnose faults? Sounds like a gimmick in my book as something approved by another company who have sod all say in the end means Jack to the poor buyer who has an OLD Ipad that doesnt have a warrenty from the orignal supplier.

Warranty Schwarranty.

This is really simple, DON'T buy one of these extortionately priced relics.

That a 'mainstream' British TV Shopping Channel would be selling these devices, in 2017, when they cannot even run the latest operating system is breathtaking, it really is.

Granny Smith, Tech Expert?

Stick to Radiators and pretend 'Lighty Upy' Jukeboxes Janice, that's about your level.

In fact from here on in I reckon we should name her JUKEBOX JANICE :mysmilie_59:

Flicked on last night before going to sleep and it was bonded leather furniture yet again. Thanks to a member here I'm now aware of what bonded leather is as I had never heard of it before.

But that Paul what's his face is doing his pleading bit to camera and exclaims "249.99!......This should be 6 or 700 pounds. IT'S BONDED LEATHER,"

So yeah, apparently bonded leather now means prices should be sky high? Then a little bit of spiel about how you need to keep on top of leather and feed it etc, but bonded leather is wipe clean. The desperation at times is unreal. Practically begging viewers to buy stuff.

They were offering an accompanying 'Leather Cleaner' with them once.

That's like offering an accompanying 'Rick Hay Gym' subscription with his Fig Powder :mysmilie_59:

Awful isn't it.Seeing that c***being hawked out as quality.I hope you didn't have nightmares when going to sleep after watching that.(Not for those of a nervous disposition)

Last edited:
Awful isn't it.Seeing that c***being hawked out as quality.I hope you didn't have nightmares when going to sleep after watching that.(Not for those of a nervous disposition)[/QUOTE

Often wondered exactly what Bonded leather is, so I looked it up, and this is what I found. I hope this helps if any one is thinking of buying "Bonded Leather" furniture, and it would be nice of I/W to have declared what exactly it is. It doesn't fill me with confidence in the way it is portrayed as "Quality".

Bonded leather, also called reconstituted leather or blended leather, is a term used for a manufactured upholstery material including animal hide. It is made as a layered structure of a fibre or paper backer, a pulp made from shredded leather and a polyurethane coating which is embossed with a leather-like texture.

Awful isn't it.Seeing that c***being hawked out as quality.I hope you didn't have nightmares when going to sleep after watching that.(Not for those of a nervous disposition)[/QUOTE

Often wondered exactly what Bonded leather is, so I looked it up, and this is what I found. I hope this helps if any one is thinking of buying "Bonded Leather" furniture, and it would be nice of I/W to have declared what exactly it is. It doesn't fill me with confidence in the way it is portrayed as "Quality".

Bonded leather, also called reconstituted leather or blended leather, is a term used for a manufactured upholstery material including animal hide. It is made as a layered structure of a fibre or paper backer, a pulp made from shredded leather and a polyurethane coating which is embossed with a leather-like texture.

Imagine if that wretch Creepy Crawley could for once just be honest (I know, it's ridiculous) : -

'ooh The Furniture Collection Bonded Leather Sofa is made from the most luxurious of paper backer not to mention the most exquisite deluxe pulp and fibre but it's the luxurious deluxe luxury shredded leather and polyurethane that makes this the most luxurious, luxury deluxe Sofa that money can buy' :mysmilie_59:

IMG_0013.jpg

It's SOooo blatant that they say this trying to infer it is high quality leather, perhaps even higher quality than 100% leather products you see elsewhere. And let's face, unless you already know or are in the habit of Googling, you could believe that 'bonded' leather is the best of the best as it has a quality ring to it ... hence them bleating on about it.

You can say 'they only have themselves to blame' but I genuinely feel sorry for folk that believe the drivel spouted by these channels and use the 'information' as part of their decision making process.

'This car's got non metallic paint ... that's right folks ... NON METALLIC PAINT!! Oh yeah and it has manual window handles ... yes you heard right ... MANUAL WINDOW HANDLES!! Buy yours now!'

Hello everyone, I witnessed car crash TV last night.

So Zsa Zsa The Gardener and Please Go Back to Jo Burg Jo were shilling the same old Pots and Plants. To say these two Alpha Females were on the verge of a scrap, such was their uncontrollable need to dominate, understates matters.

I'm sensing they revolt each other, no love lost here.

And this morning we again have Jo, with the unbearable SUZE, deliberately not bothering to take breath, no doubt to distract from the ever tedious, overpriced offal on offer, again.

The presentation is harrowing :mysmilie_59:

Hello everyone, I witnessed car crash TV last night.

So Zsa Zsa The Gardener and Please Go Back to Jo Burg Jo were shilling the same old Pots and Plants. To say these two Alpha Females were on the verge of a scrap, such was their uncontrollable need to dominate, understates matters.

I'm sensing they revolt each other, no love lost here.

And this morning we again have Jo, with the unbearable SUZE, deliberately not bothering to take breath (no doubt to distract from the ever tedious, overpriced offal being offered, again.

The presentation is harrowing :mysmilie_59:

A fight on TV would provide a diversion from the tedious monotony of Joanne's voice and of course the show's offerings.Bet Joanne is a crack shot with a plant pot.

A fight on TV would provide a diversion from the tedious monotony of Joanne's voice and of course the show's offerings.Bet Joanne is a crack shot with a plant pot.

I never used to mind Jo.

Not so now.

Her endlessly tiresome drawl 'I've just bought this, I've just bought this, I've just bought this' is voraciously vapid.

Can there be another channel on TV that is such a desert of talent?

It's lifeless :mysmilie_59:

I never used to mind Jo.

Not so now.

Her endlessly tiresome drawl 'I've just bought this, I've just bought this, I've just bought this' is voraciously vapid.

Even the models get on my nerves now with the over the top 'tell them your buying two of them' ridiculousness!

I thought it odd last night that Dee Knees said, when starting the pig of the day 'fashion', ..............'When I looked at the schedule and saw it was you two (Shergar and Kate) I was really pleased it was you! If I were any of the other models they use watching, I would be wondering what she meant. But she often has a snidey dig covered over with her fake laugh that one, even to her 'best friend' Nanty.

I haven't even seen Pete on there lately, which is affecting me no end...........Buy It - Just Buy It! Can I Just Say....The Phones Have Gone Crazy............This Is The Busiest Part Of The Show, etc. etc. (someone help me - quick, Nurse, the medication!!)

QUOTE=Wirral70;891368]I never used to mind Jo.

Not so now.

It's lifeless :mysmilie_59:[/QUOTE]

I haven't even seen Pete on there lately, which is affecting me no end...........Buy It - Just Buy It! Can I Just Say....The Phones Have Gone Crazy............This Is The Busiest Part Of The Show, etc. etc. (someone help me - quick, Nurse, the medication!!)

QUOTE=Wirral70;891368]I never used to mind Jo.

Not so now.

He's on right now, shilling those Super Poyester Trousers.

Again.

And again, the patter of the shilling is the same.

Again.

And again, it's 'can I just tell yer my ladies of 20, 22 and 24 of curves'.

Again.

And again, it's endless stock updates, check out your baskets, these could go.

Again.

You might say it's like brainwashing, but it isn't.

This is called 'we've ran out of ideas' :mysmilie_59:

Lynn says 'we don't need to go on about these we've got so many 5 stars reviews'

Then don't.

But of course she can't help herself 'They aren't buying one or two now, they're buying DOZENS'.

Now Dirty Peter offers Lynn a Valedictory speech 'Her reputation through the glossy Fashion Magazines, her reputation through Fashion Channels'.

Bit of a come down then this, isn't in Lynn? :mysmilie_59:

When he came on he said he'd been taken away to York with our this, our that and our Bet and he thanked everybody who had come to see him

Where the heck does he think he's been now in his dreams, the Theatre Royal?

When he came on he said he'd been taken away to York with our this, our that and our Bet and he thanked everybody who had come to see him

Where the heck does he think he's been now in his dreams, the Theatre Royal?

The closest he's got to even a SEAT in the Theatre Royal is sat in his 10 year old Jag while he smokes ciggies :mysmilie_59:

So De Knees and renowned 'Superfoodist' Rick Hay are shilling yet another largely unproven quack Collagen Swig.

If those two aren't proof it's useless then I don't know what is :mysmilie_59:

So Nanty is shilling Cruises again. He's chosen to dress like an 18 year old CBEEBIES Presenter.

That'll appeal to his Old Lady fans, they'll think he's their little Great Grandson.

I'd lose the Ginger Facebush though, bit of a giveaway Nants :mysmilie_59:

So 'The Planning Crowd' have finally arrived (think ProtoCol Man levels of schlockiness, looks like the same people from the previous Will company). The 'Director' is shilling the Fingerprint and DNA Kit and says : -

'Something that I didn't know is that the fingerprints we are born with stay with us for the rest of our lives'

Let's hope the Police know :mysmilie_59:

Nanty is selling Curtains. He says 'he' has been updating 'his' house lately so I guess he still lives alone?

Then, inevitably, he talks about his Mam. They've been updating her house, he said all they did was change the Curtains (from Ideal World) and 'made some cushions from the fabric' and she was delighted. Indeed she said 'Now I don't need a new Sofa'.

Betcha don't Mam. He probably offered you one from The Furniture Collection :mysmilie_59:

IMG_0013.jpg

Latest posts

Back