Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

RICHARD!!!!!!! SHOUTING DOESNT IN ANY WAY MAKE YOUR CRAP TOYS BETTER!!!!!!!!!!
Christ on a bicycle, these 'best sellers' have been selling for the last 8 years at least, most of them anyway, the 'must have toy this year' has miraculously been the 'must have toy' every year hasn't it? How do they get away with claiming these toys which they freely admit are sold in Hamleys and IW ONLY, are the biggest selling toys this year? I'd like to see some figures and justification of that claim!

Anyone 'sharing' the 'pleasure' of IW christmas toys sales over the last few years will feel with me on the flashing teeth and the gloves, and how I would like to very much swear here multiple times when I mention them :)

I IMPLORE anyone reading this who has a child or grandchild, do not listen to these idiots purporting to 'know' what your kids will want this year, I think any child recieving anything IW are selling would be highly dissapointed, it's all at least 3 years old tat they haven't been able to shift the last few years: sprayza, splat balls, flashing teeth, slush and slurp, etc etc etc.

I just want to smash my face into the screen when this twat is on, "oooh, I hope the sound is off my mike, later in the year in a couple of weeks wer are bringing out a camera to attatch to the large drone, but I'm not allowed to tell anyone", THIS ISN'T PLAYSCHOOL, WE ARE ADULTS.

Apparently the multi coloured car track sold out this morning. They restocked it for lunchtime but even that was limited stock and they doubted there would be any left for the 4pm show, so get it now and all that jazz. This stock countdown is a bit dubious and imo they're making people buy in a rush, knowing full well there's another few boxes (restock) sitting out back.

Peter Piper has always wanted a racetrack.......aw poor Mr Thompson, grow up, you're 57 years old! I always wanted a Sindy doll but never got one.....I got over it, mostly by playing with my friends one. Spose you didn't have any friends? That I can believe. He's always going on about his aches and pains when called for by what he's trying to shift but he actually lay sprawled across the floor with this track, like a big silly kid.

I would love to see him try to fly that 'this years must have' plasticy load of tripe

I'm getting worried tho Momma, I didn't get my Tower pans last time they were POTD :( Now I'm just going to have to go to the high street and pay well over the odds, damn my eyes, I should have gotten them when they were on Ideal World :(

Sigh........... :p

I'm getting worried tho Momma, I didn't get my Tower pans last time they were POTD :( Now I'm just going to have to go to the high street and pay well over the odds, damn my eyes, I should have gotten them when they were on Ideal World :(

Sigh........... :p

Maybe it's a stroke of luck cheesecake! You know how they're always banging on about black non stick on your 'ordinary' pans coming off and you get black bits in your dinner?.......(I've never had this personally as I look after mine and renew them before they get to that stage, usually after many years)

Well, I was looking on their FB page and someone has written about the ceramic coming off their pans they've recently bought and they're not happy!!!!!!!

Fancy that eh?

From FB

"well ive been waiting over 10 days now for returns labels for my less than perfect ceramic pan set ,ideal world do not give good customer service and i wont purchase anything with you ever again i now have to go and buy new saucepans!!! ,after paying £75 for them i feel really annoyed , they lasted less than 3 monthes before the ceramic discoloured and started to come off. the negative comments on this page are overwhelming ,they are posted daily ,you need to sort your act out ,you certainly dont EVER get bad service from qvc ....EVER !"

And the handles aren't too clever either

"I bought the tower ceramic saucepans from you about two weeks ago and absolutely love them...but I have to say the lid handles are not very good as every time I wash them the lids become very loose and have to be tightened with a screw driver which isn't very practical...could have been made much better"

Feel a bit better now cheesecake?

While selling the toys Peter kept going on about his grandkids would love them.

Are we seriously suppose to believe he has grandchildren?

never fails to amaze me the things these presenters say IW was on in the background this morning selling a woodland leather coat £200 and the presenter said take the 4 payments of £50 you will not notice £50 coming out of your account every month well sorry my dear but most working people would be very aware of that i certainly would be.

I love how every pick of the day launch will have ''30% of the stock has sold'' at some point during the hour.... yet it is always back (not yet sold out) for the last chance showing at 7.

if that statistic is true, surely you'd want to take a look at that.

In all truth, I would not let my children watch ideal world, simply because I wouldn't want them to be manipulated into wanting 'that ****'

pardon my language.

I think the 'old' presenters of IW must be annoyed that the ex bid twosome are seemingly coming in to usurp their spots.

I believe Andy Love has been moved on to c&c, for example.

Though on the up side, he must be pleased he no longer has to do ''wheres janice'' for that vile cretin.

While selling the toys Peter kept going on about his grandkids would love them.

Are we seriously suppose to believe he has grandchildren?

I am gullible enough to believe he has grandchildren, but I am the sort of person who thinks our politicians are all honest!*

* the above statement may not be true and may only be for comedic effect!

Ideal world sod off with your vibrapower on yet AGAIN! Can't you sell anything else? They must have some contract with them to have it one at least on twice a week. And you say we run out of stock or have limited stock is pure nonsense. No more it's party season let people have fun and stop selling fitness products during this party season.

Ideal world sod off with your vibrapower on yet AGAIN! Can't you sell anything else? They must have some contract with them to have it one at least on twice a week. And you say we run out of stock or have limited stock is pure nonsense. No more it's party season let people have fun and stop selling fitness products during this party season.

A couple of days ago they were selling festive clothing.I distinctly remember seeing Loen wearing a fleece top with a reindeer on the front.

I've been watching IW for quite some time and it's been fairly recently (in the past year or so) that they've really gone downhill. They were always a bit 'cheaper' than QVC, both in terms of offerings and style, but now it's very 'Poundland' in its feel.

It's that Dennice woman who is the most loathsome, vile creature - the sales technique of mentioning her disabled 'special needs' daughter Laura is disgusting. She should be ashamed of herself.

I suppose it is only a matter of time before we start to see Efbe Schott, Vega, Ikasu, Ocean and more on Ideal World, but never fear, I can play the negotiating with China game too - and for one day only, I am proud to offer ShoppingTelly.com readers a one off never to be repeated exclusive... (introducing my audition)

MiDeal YouEssBee RaT (Radio and Telly) Plug and Play DonglyDongle v2.1 - the perfect gift idea for Christmas!!!

gui_pictv5.gif

Added bonus, catch up with the shows you missed using new plugin the MiDeal LiePlayer.

irtv_new_2.jpg

Buy it, just buy it. Not only with the UK channels, not only with the movie channels from around the World, not only with the news channels, not only with the - oooh, not sure I can show you that one, certainly a novel way of preserving a cucumber during these drawn out dark dingy Autumn evenings, takes me right back to when I used to play out front in my jimmy... the peddle bike, the crazy cat, the calming orange glow from the flickering gas lights illuminating the damp foggy sky, not only with the free sports channels... 090.. oh, a childrens channel, the fun, the fun, with the multi nominated Saturday mornings live entertaining the kiddies, not only with the, I remember, way back, what's that? Oh! I highly suggest that you, 090... err, check your baskets out because already well over 25% of the stock has gone! Just buy it, just buy it!

I can offer MexiPay on this too, shipping your order via Mexico to reduce the import charges, with your first payment being just £3.72 plus £8.99 P&P - get it home and try it for 30 days, and if you are not satisfied with it, well tough luck, or in terms some of you will be more familiar with... "Better Luck Next Time!" whaw whaw whaw whaaaaaaaa.

Bid Deal - your new home of telly shopping, and more.

And to help demonstrate, just been told well over 75% of the stock has gone now, hurry, and ummm, yes so I think Pike is going to show us how this thing works now then... Pike?.... shouting.... Pike? What's that? Oh, I'm sorry, Pike appears to be on a Skype session with Yanis talking about the rock cakes Athena made last night that he ended up using as book ends. Stop the music, stop the music! Apparently we are going lower (thudding heartbeat noise).... funny siren noise, big reveal noise, shocked face expression! No! Nooo! Palm on face. £17.58! I'm well, I don't know what to say, it should never have gone this low!!!

Well they just flew out, well done if you managed to get one of those at home. Coming up next the new single from Jally Saxx, a magnificent Klaus Kobec watch and THE MUST HAVE ITEM THIS CHRISTMAS a multipack of batteries, all here on Bid Deal!

........ Oh what have I done? Bid Deal actually sounds like a good name for a shopping channel! .........

You heard it here first folks, it's time to Stand-Up and be counted!

:mysmilie_471:

Dirty Peter... he almost blurted out 09042512000 on a live sales pitch with Ideal World when he first started presenting. Nothing changes.

I can't wait until the Tanzanite mine re-opens and Peter asks senior IW management to have a collection for the Poppy appeal (good cause) with some 5p China watches along with an eulogy worthy of an Oscar. 5% gross to Poppy Appeal, 5% to IW, 90% to Sit-up retirement fund appeal. All calls charged at £1.53 per minute - bill payers permission not required.

What is the "Better than professional finish" that Hayley Green talks of, could this be more hyperbole ? :mysmilie_13:

Only watched about 20 minutes of one Wagner show, but I heard her spouting this new rubbish at least 8 times!!

However, my rant is again at the idiot that is Janice. Stop comparing console games with games you download on a tablet! 'Ooooh, those console games are £40+, but you can download any game you like free on this tablet'. Clearly being touted at people who know nothing again, we all have brains full of mashed potato it seems. I wish they would stop treating their viewers with this amount of contempt, makes me feel physically sick, especially Janice, the so-called expert, who would know, beyond a shadow of a doubt in her mind, that most console games wouldn't even fit on the largest capacity memory card these tablets will accept, and would need at least 10 times the RAM of these tablets to even move! It's genuinely (for those unfamiliar with console games) like comparing an old battered Fiat punto, with a brand new Mazerati, yes, technically they ARE both cars..........

Also driving me mad, 'store all your movies on here' blah blah. Oh ok, perhaps you'd like to point out though, that an average 2 hour dvd quality film is going to take up 4 GB. I'd love her to start telling us somethings in detail, like this, so some poor granny or parent who isn't as savvy as needed to watch this drivel, buys a tablet with 8 GB memory card and then excitedly tells their recipient how that can store 'films and box-sets on it'. ONE film, 4 GB.

I think I know why they hired Dirty Peter now, they view us with such contempt that they expect his "just buy it, go on have a buy" is going to be all we need to shell out hard earned money.

Disgusting.

Latest posts

Back