Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

2012 the iPad 3 was released , poor sods that buy them

Quite.

The iPad 3 was also the shortest lived iPad, superseded by a vastly superior replacement model in just 7 months. I’d guess they had utterly shed loads of them returned which they then refurbished.

It’s staggering this shower are still shilling them almost 6 years after the release date, and at those exorbitant prices :mysmilie_13:

Just seen the ex Bid tv presenter Jenny Topp on QVC selling coats with chuntly. A real blast from the past! :mysmilie_3:

I’d forgotten all about her, jeez she was a BS’er.

She’ll be right at home on QVC :mysmilie_59:

Then a little later on IW, there he was in full technicolour - the one and only BOD. My night is almost fulfilled. What would be great though would be to see the last of those bloomin ipads :mysmilie_17:

I see they have the ebike on again, at a never to be repeated (apart from the next dozen or so shows) price of £549.99

The worst part is that video clip they keep showing, where the so called keep fit expert tries riding up a hill on a regular bike to show how difficult it can be. And yes it can be difficult, especially if you follow his example and ride in the completely wrong gear making it much harder than it needs to be. A bloke like him could tackle that slope easily if he dropped down a couple of gears.

Then a little later on IW, there he was in full technicolour - the one and only BOD. My night is almost fulfilled. What would be great though would be to see the last of those bloomin ipads :mysmilie_17:

Right at the start of the 9.00pm ‘Show’ Dirty Peter claimed they had ‘less than 10 left’ of 403756 Black iPad £299.99 64GB 3G.

As of 6.25am today there are still 2 left.

Either they aren’t flying out the door as suggested, or they are lying about stock levels :mysmilie_59:

The iPad is on again right now. Grating Genevieve said at the start of the show that they only had 200 white ones left and they were "really busy"

So busy that 45 minutes later they are still devoting screen time to it, which surely shouldn't be necessary if they are selling so quickly? Janice was able to find something amazing using "the Apple iPad"...well using the iPad to go onto YouTube and find the information. So no iPad needed for that at all then really?

10 minutes of the hour left and not sold out. 200 not sold in the space of an hour. Is that really what they call monstrously busy then?

They are "very very very busy" claims Gen. Yeah, so it seems :mysmilie_59:

While watching a watch show the other night when Kevinski was flogging the usual Vostok Europe offerings, he mentioned that the Seiko NH35 movement, which is used in quite a few Vostoks, is a movement worth dying for. Well, this is Seiko's entry level automatic movement, and can be found in many Seiko watches at around the £250 mark. This movement can be found online for £39. So I ask myself, what is this low cost yet reliable movement being used in Vostoks at a prices of up to £800+? Surely at this kind of price, one could expect more than what is simply no more than a throw away movement. It makes you wonder what you'd be paying for!

Dirty Peter is shilling that STinK Phone again (less than 80 left :yawn:).

To go with the phone this shower are now even trying to flog Three Pay as You Go Sim Cards (no calling credit included) for £1.00 plus £1.99 P&P, of course you can get one absolutely free from Three.

Shysters :mysmilie_59:

https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/three-trio-sim-card-438243

https://www.three.co.uk/Support/Free_SIM/Order

And they were implying that you can be instantly up and running with the new SIM whereas you would still need to buy a £10 top-up; admittedly something that should be obvious to many people but I'm not sure in relation the target audience for this product.

Enjoy its superb 3G connectivity to go with your reconditioned iPad 3 :mysmilie_59:

And they were implying that you can be instantly up and running with the new SIM whereas you would still need to buy a £10 top-up; admittedly something that should be obvious to many people but I'm not sure in relation the target audience for this product.

Enjoy its superb 3G connectivity to go with your reconditioned iPad 3 :mysmilie_59:

They really are shameless.

I noticed that Actor Jukebox Janice didn’t use the STinK Phone in the VR Headset when she demonstrated it earlier, she used a modern iPhone which was obviously not bought from Ideal World (of course) :mysmilie_59:

ooooohhhh they are having a price quake at the moment, prices same as usual though

70 ipads now left

ooooohhhh they are having a price quake at the moment, prices same as usual though

70 ipads now left

Hmmm, sounds familiar.

They were shilling a Halogen Oven the other day, at an unbelievable price. Of course it was £40 which it always is.

The ‘Sale’ starts tomorrow :yawn:

So throughout the whole day they sold 130 iPads? Is it really cost effective devoting so much screen time to something that sells so few? Show how much BS they talk though, when they claim it is so busy so you MUST checkout your baskets. Blatant lies.

I was watching QVC the other week, and they mentioned they had sold something crazy like 50,000 of something, I forget what it was, and admittedly it was something costing around £80. But even when they had the amazon Echo Show the other day, they had shifted 1,500 of them in half an hour.

I can imagine some poor buyer at IW has been given a right kick on the goolies for ever buying in those iPads :mysmilie_19:

is it "legal" for them to simply replenish stock from hour to hour, so they can say that they have 70 left if in the last hour they only had 2 left?

Sounds insanely dodgy.

is it "legal" for them to simply replenish stock from hour to hour, so they can say that they have 70 left if in the last hour they only had 2 left?

Sounds insanely dodgy.

What they often do in order to work round restrictions is to sell a specific bundle, eg. iPad plus tablet stand, and then say that it has sold out when they're really referring to a specific bundle. Then they start selling a different bundle until that sells out; you can imagine a meeting where someone had to create a whole list of different configurations so that they can legally claim that something has sold out every so often. Also I've noticed that they've been selling STK phones at price points under £100 but with varying specifications (some with 1GB RAM, others with a miserly 512K, etc.) just to confuse matters.

This practice may be perfectly legal but could be extremely misleading to the casual viewer.

They have been using the bundle trick to basically remove every single review for the STK phone. They were pretty much universally awful, and they have all vanished, with only one review up now by someone complaining how bad the phone is, and that their previous review was removed as the bundle they bought was no longer for sale. Dodgy indeed.

Seems we cannot like posts anymore? unless it's just an issue with my laptop.

Either way thank you Price Plunge and Retrovertigo. That has enlightened me on something I suspected but couldn't get my head around, nor articulate.

Latest posts

Back