Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

IW has Mason shilling a dormeo mattress, but there was no ''repeat'' in the corner, so either he is actually there on today of all days or they are trying to imply it is live when it isn't.

It must be Christmas, because IW are flogging fitness equipment........and continuing to flog it.......and continuing to flog it....... blimey, is it July already?
This channel are totally devoid of any new ideas whatsoever..if it's Christmas and New Year, it's got to be fitness equipment ad infinitum. I would think there are more people turning off than there are watching. Dire.

It must be Christmas, because IW are flogging fitness equipment........and continuing to flog it.......and continuing to flog it....... blimey, is it July already?
This channel are totally devoid of any new ideas whatsoever..if it's Christmas and New Year, it's got to be fitness equipment ad infinitum. I would think there are more people turning off than there are watching. Dire.

I do recall saying last week that we should all enjoy the moments that are not wall-to-wall vibrapower... we didn't know what we had until it was gone haha

This evening, Shaun 'Nanty' Ryan got caught out (or to be charitable, almost got caught out) by a lie; he was introducing Rick Hay by saying that he writes about fitness for several magazines and Nanty said that he had noticed Rick now had a greater presence in fitness magazines. However when Rick himself was saying what he did, he explained that he does a fair amount of writing for women's fitness magazines...does that mean Nanty spends time reading women's fitness magazines?

Of course it doesn't matter if men like Nanty want to read women's fitness magazines, but given what he does and the target audience for Vibrapower products it does tend to suggest that Nanty was making things up as he went along :mysmilie_59:

So do we have to stomach Nanty making a meal out of the fact he is 50 in 2018 until his birthday arrives?

I love how he keeps mentioning it as though it is a massive surprise because we all think he looks much younger or something.

It's great how Dickie Hay seems to struggle with some of the exercises on that vibrapower coach. He looks so uncomfortable doing some of them. And it is quite hilarious how the promo mentions it has a built in coach, while showing a ghostly image of him, when it isn't even him doing the voice! And only a tenner for his new fitness DVD that is a whopping 70 mins long....bargain!

Is anyone else unable to access/clear their notifications due to the advertising banner being in the way?

An incredible oversight.

So do we have to stomach Nanty making a meal out of the fact he is 50 in 2018 until his birthday arrives?

I love how he keeps mentioning it as though it is a massive surprise because we all think he looks much younger or something.

It's great how Dickie Hay seems to struggle with some of the exercises on that vibrapower coach. He looks so uncomfortable doing some of them. And it is quite hilarious how the promo mentions it has a built in coach, while showing a ghostly image of him, when it isn't even him doing the voice! And only a tenner for his new fitness DVD that is a whopping 70 mins long....bargain!

I’m afraid it will take more than the utterly ludicrous ginger dye in his beard to make Nanty look younger than 50.

He makes me itch, he is the epitome of a Selly Telly Phony :mysmilie_59:

I’m afraid it will take more than the utterly ludicrous ginger dye in his beard to make Nanty look younger than 50.

will make a change from him saying how many years he has been there, as if the longevity is a sign of customer trust and not the company's trust in his ability to sell to them

At least with an utterly loathsome, misogynist creature like Gollum, what you see is indeed what you get, but that isn't quite the case with Nanty. Indeed I thought he was fine to begin with but that opinion changed the more I saw of him, and that in itself isn't a redeeming feature at all.

Anyway I take pleasure in knowing that since he now dislikes himself without a beard, he must be annoyed every time the "My Ideal Rewards" promo comes on that shows him without a beard. (Indeed I think that he looks better without a beard but that's just me.)

As a male i dont feel dressed unless i am clean shaven just dont get young men wanting to grow beards just makes them look older but i guess fashion is the thing and we cant all be the same

Good lord, the STK phone again. The one you must must must check out of your baskets, but that does does does always come back!

You know how they bang on about it being dual sim and that if you went on holiday etc, you could share it with your partner? They have just revealed (I think for the first time) that the main sim is 3g and the secondary one is 2g :mysmilie_11: I couldn't imagine being abroad and using 2g for anything worthwhile. Is it steam powered as well?

Good lord, the STK phone again. The one you must must must check out of your baskets, but that does does does always come back!

You know how they bang on about it being dual sim and that if you went on holiday etc, you could share it with your partner? They have just revealed (I think for the first time) that the main sim is 3g and the secondary one is 2g :mysmilie_11: I couldn't imagine being abroad and using 2g for anything worthwhile. Is it steam powered as well?
2G is OK just for phone calls; I once had a dual SIM Windows Phone with that arrangement, but of course it means you can only choose one SIM for data. 2G networks will be phased out at some point in the not too distant future, though admittedly this particular STK phone would have probably been thrown out by the time this happens in the UK.

Oh yeah sure. Great for calls. The trouble is, part of the sales patter is trying to convince people that their current phone probably needs updating, and so you should buy this dual sim phone that only does 2g on one of the sims, and is an outdated OS (typical of any products they sell that has updateable firmware it seems)

Anyway, I did a deal with the devil again and bought a legmaster. My legs are in bad shape after a motorcycle accident and anything involving impact on my knees etc is extremely painful. This piece of kit seemed ideal really. And they weren't kidding when they said how hard it can be at first! Managed maybe 10 reps at the most......need to keep my legs as mobile as possible to stop them getting stiffer the older I get.

It also arrived within two days of ordering it, which shocked the heck out of me as it was delivered by Yodel. Just a shame that the tracking information said it was a national sorting office when the guy knocked on my door with it really :)

Good luck with your legmaster no time for all the keep fit stuff myself but if it works for you thats all that matters happy 2018 to all and lets hope for a few more laughs

The undeniably appalling Genpleaseleave is shilling a Bosch Hoover, she just can’t believe the price. Well i’d believe the price, it’s the same as usual.

It seems the reviews for this Hoover are very mixed, including performance issues and people not receiving the accessories. However, of course this didn’t stop this unbearable screeching banshee saying that new build houses sell faster when Bosch appliances are included :mysmilie_59:

Poo Poo Howard was selling the Steepletone products earlier and I noticed when they were showing the Ideal World website only one Steepletone product had any form of review against it (and a decidedly average 3 stars as well). Anyway, Poo Poo does spout verbal diarrhoea at times such as when selling a table with a built-in speaker he commented upon its similarity with a milking stool, helpfully adding that it would be inadvisable to use it to milk a cow. Or you could use it as a drinks table (not if you don't want to risk spilling drinks on it Howard), with his suggested choices of tipple being (amongst other alcoholic beverages) "...Pinot Grigio or a glass of water if you're tea-total..." - no Coke or orange juice then Howard? :mysmilie_59: Oh, has he mentioned before that he once got a mention on the Simon Mayo breakfast show for his 21st birthday like he did at least twice this evening?

And now it's - you've probably guessed already - the STK smartphone again, and I've just noticed on the box that it comes with a rip-roaring 4GB of internal storage as standard, which is basically room for one music album and two photos so you'll definitely be needing an additional memory card. On second thoughts don't bother even buying it :mysmilie_59:

The undeniably appalling Genpleaseleave is shilling a Bosch Hoover, she just can’t believe the price. Well i’d believe the price, it’s the same as usual.

It seems the reviews for this Hoover are very mixed, including performance issues and people not receiving the accessories. However, of course this didn’t stop this unbearable screeching banshee saying that new build houses sell faster when Bosch appliances are included :mysmilie_59:

Yeah its all about what oven is included when you purchase a property isn't it

Hi to all forumites, whether from the old bid tv days right up to Ideal World, (Ideal, I don't think so!), I would like to say I hope you all had a lovely Christmas, and as we approach the last few hours of 2017, may you all enjoy a healthy and prosperous 2018.
Thank you all so much for all the fun and giggles of this year. Lets keep the fun coming.
Happy New Year

I echo Dave's sentiments. I am relatively new here, but enjoy coming here and venting....it's therapeutic :)

Hope you all had a great Christmas and that 2018 is a great year for you all. I was alone Christmas day and new years eve, but I'm ok with my own company, and coming here seeing the amusing comments cheers me up no end :)

Happy New Year :mysmilie_12:

Latest posts

Back