Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Happy New Year folks.

Just flcked on 654 to see SHREQUE (who has told us all year he lost 100+ stones, don’t wanna sound bitchy but I can’t see it myself) and of course the Adonis, DODDY FLUMP Rick Hay, shilling the 27th incarnation of Vibrapower.

I’m no adonis and I mean it but where are the results with these supposed devoted convertees? :mysmilie_59:

Happy new year to everyone, I hope you all had a nice time.

I wonder if Caroline and Kevski will enjoy being on less (due to rick hay being flavour of the month) or if they will feel the need to politic for position. (though really I am guessing they have nothing to do with it, just the thought amused me)

Peter Simon inadvertently gave me the best laugh of 2018 so far in more ways than one. Selling the eLife electric bike earlier this evening he said that he "may get into trouble for saying this" (meaning he's about to tell a whopper) but you could buy one and use it "for three minutes, sorry, three months" :mysmilie_15: and then sell it on for "five or six hundred pounds". I honestly don't think so, Preposterous Peter!

Anyway, Tim Brittas was also with Pete after what seemed like a long absence; Mr Brittas may have been doing other things on Ideal World but I hadn't seen him for a long time.

Happy New Year everyone!

Peter Simon inadvertently gave me the best laugh of 2018 so far in more ways than one. Selling the eLife electric bike earlier this evening he said that he "may get into trouble for saying this" (meaning he's about to tell a whopper) but you could buy one and use it "for three minutes, sorry, three months" :mysmilie_15: and then sell it on for "five or six hundred pounds". I honestly don't think so, Preposterous Peter!

Anyway, Tim Brittas was also with Pete after what seemed like a long absence; Mr Brittas may have been doing other things on Ideal World but I hadn't seen him for a long time.

Happy New Year everyone!

The jokes keep coming with Peter.

As a matter of fact, I had a similar bike, a Viking Harrier. It had hardly been used and I managed to get £259 for it on eBay.

So think on Simon!!

Happy New Year everyone!

It’s amazing how much of the tatt that is shilled on Ideal World is painted as an ‘investment’. It’s a pity those Kinkade painting monstrosities are worth jack shat.

Mind you, we know there is money to be made in antiques. Anyone fancy an iPad 3? :mysmilie_59:

saw Jackie joseph of former IW fame as a style expert on qvc the other day.... to be fair to her, she was perfectly fine in the role.

also... TJC selling ''sexy shoo'' of former bid tv fame. That has to be a sign that TJC are in trouble surely?

Oh you loudmouthed foghorn, have you just outed yourself as a fibber?

On the proskins "I'm usually a size 10/12, more a 12 at the moment"

Whoah there missy. For the past 12 months you have been telling us you have multiple vibrapower machines, legmasters. You have them at home and work. That the Jane plan is amazing etc etc

But you are actually bigger than your usual size? Not the same size or smaller, but bigger! :mysmilie_19:

Oh you loudmouthed foghorn, have you just outed yourself as a fibber?

On the proskins "I'm usually a size 10/12, more a 12 at the moment"

Whoah there missy. For the past 12 months you have been telling us you have multiple vibrapower machines, legmasters. You have them at home and work. That the Jane plan is amazing etc etc

But you are actually bigger than your usual size? Not the same size or smaller, but bigger! :mysmilie_19:

she is whatever size she needs to be, depending on what she is selling.

DP's overacting shoutiness regarding this Hoover is nauseating. I wish someone would just run on set and explain that any vacuum cleaner can pick up a bowling ball if you mess around with funnels/surface area. Such a con of a demonstration that I can't believe they still wheel it out.

How many times have the presenters claimed they aren't allowed to lie about stock levels? Yet it was about a week ago they claimed you needed to checkout your baskets as soon as possible as stock was so low they were about to sell out (regarding the STK phones)

And if any employees want to be a smartypants and suggest they got more stock in, then why the hard sell pushing people to "buy buy buy" if stock is always available?

At times they are a virtual representation of those salesmen you would see on watchdogs, that would visit old people homes and basically never leave unless you signed your life away.

Look. The conversation here went : -

Dirty Peter ‘I’m supposed to walk 20 minutes actively a day’
Mr Brittas ‘Are you getting that in?’
Dirty Peter ‘I’ve had a lot of things in but ......’

Mr Brittas just ignored him :mysmilie_59:

28906991-62C2-4E48-AE06-17C1122FE287.jpg

Flicking channels and stumbled across slimey little Gollum shilling those damned ceramic heaters. "you need to check out your baskets NOW guys. The website is ridiculously busy"

This was a repeat show so no idea when it originally aired. But heaters are still in stock, and despite them "always being monstrously busy" when they feature them, there are only 5 reviews on the website :)

Only one of which is anything approaching being positive. The others complain of the wifi not connecting, and them being very slow to heat up compared to what they show on TV.

Well, that's because on TV they put the temperature probe directly onto the ceramic stripped out of the body. It's all a con....as we all know here :)

Well this is going to be fun next time they feature the elife electric bike.

Jimmy Saville hair is bleating on about this FITera exercise bike and has just said "it scares me when I see cyclists on the road today. It is so dangerous. I would never go out on the roads on a pushbike, but I would happily use this exercise bike in my home"

Well, we'll see if that is her attitude next time she is shilling the Elife bike shall we? :)

Oh and apparently, according to her, the heart is the biggest muscle in the body :mysmilie_19:

This is the trouble with them all, whether it is exercise, sleep etc .....they aren't experts but try to sound like they are and end up coming across as morons.

Last edited:
Well this is going to be fun next time they feature the elife electric bike.

Jimmy Saville hair is bleating on about this FITera exercise bike and has just said "it scares me when I see cyclists on the road today. It is so dangerous. I would never go out on the roads on a pushbike, but I would happily use this exercise bike in my home"

Well, we'll see if that is her attitude next time she is shilling the Elife bike shall we? :)

Oh and apparently, according to her, the heart is the biggest muscle in the body :mysmilie_19:

This is the trouble with them all, whether it is exercise, sleep etc .....they aren't experts but try to sound like they are and end up coming across as morons.

Hilarious! :mysmilie_15:

And I thought it was contradictory having the Jane Plan Diet immediately followed by one of those pot cookers (though justifiable if only one member of a family has to go on a diet). Also those morons forget that bicycles are forms of transport just like walking and buses/cars/trains, etc., so they should have talked about being too cold/slippery outside or something similar instead.

Latest posts

Back