Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Caught the watch show last night when they were knocking out those giant Russian watches that appear to be made from old bits of a T34 tank.
Mr Simon informed us that the vertical posts which glow in the dark are filled with hydrogen and had to have a whispered prompt from Igors best pal that it was tritium.
He then continued on to say that these tubes will GROW in the dark for 14 years which would be interesting.
Igors BFF then said that they would slowly decrease in GLOWNESS. What school did he go to ? Glowness !!!
Always good for a laugh this pair but Mr Simon reached a new low telling a joke about a lady breastfeeding in a barbers shop which I remember from school. About 1965. And it was rubbish then

I think it is about time that Ideal World woke up and got rid of smutty Peter Simon , his jokes aren't funny , just simply outdated smut, his knowledge of the products is non existentn a trained monkey could present better than him and be far more entertaining , the man is absolutely awful along with several others that came from bid up. IW if you want customers then treat them with respect we and use decent presenters.

I think it is about time that Ideal World woke up and got rid of smutty Peter Simon , his jokes aren't funny , just simply outdated smut, his knowledge of the products is non existentn a trained monkey could present better than him and be far more entertaining , the man is absolutely awful along with several others that came from bid up. IW if you want customers then treat them with respect we and use decent presenters.

He's an absolute waste of the money he's paid and I bet it's a hefty sum. He'd very much like to keep this nice little earner I'm sure but when you offer nothing but 'just buy it' or makes up stuff that just isn't true, then what's the point? At times it seems as if there's a cameraman nearby who he's trying to impress, then all he does is mess about. He's more of a 'bespoked' hindrance than a help!

Caught the watch show last night when they were knocking out those giant Russian watches that appear to be made from old bits of a T34 tank.
Mr Simon informed us that the vertical posts which glow in the dark are filled with hydrogen and had to have a whispered prompt from Igors best pal that it was tritium.
He then continued on to say that these tubes will GROW in the dark for 14 years which would be interesting.
Igors BFF then said that they would slowly decrease in GLOWNESS. What school did he go to ? Glowness !!!
Always good for a laugh this pair but Mr Simon reached a new low telling a joke about a lady breastfeeding in a barbers shop which I remember from school. About 1965. And it was rubbish then

Not only the "Glowness", not only the "Hand Stitched Straps On A Machine" and not only the "999.999% Solid Gold"!!!!! :mysmilie_17:

To quote old Kev.

Have IW not worked out that the world is changing, and that Dirty Peter's 1970s smut is not acceptable.

Shaun 'Nanty' Ryan saying that a Vostok watch had "more or less sold out" when it quite plainly hadn't, and stock levels now being in "single figures" is equally meaningless given that many of their watches are "limited editions".

See the connection here?

How often on these watch or should I say collectable timepiece shows have they said " We thought we had sold out of these but we didnt realise we had another 10 or 15 or 20 etc ".
As if they have found them in a cupboard under the stairs or behind the fridge or somewhere just laying about the place. Marvellous stock control they have.
I can only assume they use the Ipad 3 to keep a check of stuff.
Thomas Earnshaw watches tonight with see through cases and wheels spinning and springs flicking. Very pretty apart from the fact that I couldnt see the hands to tell the time

Talking of presenters and their incorrect words...I caught a glimpse of that bearded bloke who does the spear and Jackson shows. He kept saying "then just wipe away the access"

I was almost screaming at the tv "somebody tell him its excess"!!!!!!!

good god, talk about stooping low. Flicked channels and the nauseating Gollum is shilling the karcher floor cleaner along with the former GTECH devotee woman.

G asks her how she is doing, and the first thing out of her mouth is "great, my albums nearly ready"

Nice to see you have your priorities straight there love and before anything else you get a plug in for your personal stuff away from IW :/ Gross....

good god, talk about stooping low. Flicked channels and the nauseating Gollum is shilling the karcher floor cleaner along with the former GTECH devotee woman.

G asks her how she is doing, and the first thing out of her mouth is "great, my albums nearly ready"

Nice to see you have your priorities straight there love and before anything else you get a plug in for your personal stuff away from IW :/ Gross....

That comment just about sums up this channel. Retro, remind me not to buy the album...

Did anyone manage to catch former tv star, Jeremy Edwards presenting on IW on Thursday? haha

I bare no ill-will towards him as it takes some doing to have a go at something you are not trained to do... but he was legitimately terrible.

Yeah I saw him and couldn't quite believe it. But then I did catch a glimpse of him on Shopping Nation where he was helping to flog aids tests :mysmilie_11:

He does look uncomfortable presenting on IW, but then this guy has been quite famous and acted in some popular shows. He must be wondering where it all went wrong? He is a good looking chap so surely there are better opportunities than this out there?

edit; ugh, just read on the QVC section that Julian Ballantyne is presenting on IW this weekend. The grim reaper of shopping channels, and then the invisible man when it comes to responding to customers worried about whether orders will be fulfilled. And his fake accent...he is supposed to be from Salford isn't he?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back