Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It is a bit odd to think that if you had a child born on the day that Nanty joined IW, that child is now nearly 18.

but Shaun would never tell you that himself. He is very low-key on his longevity.

It is a bit odd to think that if you had a child born on the day that Nanty joined IW, that child is now nearly 18.

but Shaun would never tell you that himself. He is very low-key on his longevity.

When Nanty was shilling that Professor Amos garbage he was going on about first meeting Professor Amos when he was presenting on an American Shopping TV channel.

I wish he’d stayed there :mysmilie_59:

When Nanty was shilling that Professor Amos garbage he was going on about first meeting Professor Amos when he was presenting on an American Shopping TV channel.

I wish he’d stayed there :mysmilie_59:

was Nanty on there when he was about 12 then?

It doesn't really instil confidence in the product when they go on about how they used to carry it about 10 years ago, and now it's back. For 10 years they didn't think it was worth selling? :)

It doesn't really instil confidence in the product when they go on about how they used to carry it about 10 years ago, and now it's back. For 10 years they didn't think it was worth selling? :)

Perhaps I/W have kicked the Blue Magic stuff out with the same regard as some old presenters no longer on the channel - Just sayin :mysmilie_19:

I was watching the presentation of Professor Amos Shock It Clean so thought I’d look at the customers reviews on the Ideal World website.

The reviews are largely terrible. Every review from pages 4 to 9 absolutely slates it.

And yet they carry on saying it’s brilliant when their own customers mostly say it’s shat :mysmilie_59:

https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/professor-amos-5pc-shock-it-clean-double-strength-kit-433167

This review site tells a similar story, with a worrying number of one star reviews http://www.does-the-product-work.com/professor-amos-shock-it-clean/#comments

This particular review caught my attention, with the reference to being 'shocked!' by the product:-

No - Don't believe the hype

1 star

I bought this product from HSN to clean the kitchen stove and oven and it didn’t work as promised. I was definitely shocked! The results weren’t the same as the commercial.

With all the silly gimmicks, the poor reviews, and its regular appearance on shopping channels, I can't help thinking that Schlock It Clean! might be a more appropriate name for this product.

This review site tells a similar story, with a worrying number of one star reviews http://www.does-the-product-work.com/professor-amos-shock-it-clean/#comments

This particular review caught my attention, with the reference to being 'shocked!' by the product:-

No - Don't believe the hype

1 star

I bought this product from HSN to clean the kitchen stove and oven and it didn’t work as promised. I was definitely shocked! The results weren’t the same as the commercial.

With all the silly gimmicks, the poor reviews, and its regular appearance on shopping channels, I can't help thinking that Schlock It Clean! might be a more appropriate name for this product.

Ha Ha :mysmilie_19:

Of course Nanty was positively peeing his little pants with excitement, exclaiming just how great Schlock It Clean is. That’s enough of a recommendation NEVER to buy this rubbish, i’d struggle to believe Nanty if he told me he dyed his Ginger Beard.

Actually, on reflection, I would believe him :mysmilie_59:

Here we go again.

Baby Jane/Jimmy Saville/Paul Calf has either bought everything, or is going to buy everything, or has seen similar for £80.

Silly Moo. Her own garb is so garish that you couldn’t fail to notice that she NEVER wears any of the Polyester tatt she shills.

Mind you, I don’t blame her :mysmilie_59:

5A1BF44E-86B2-449B-B335-22AFE5E5F268.jpg

Here we go again.

Baby Jane/Jimmy Saville/Paul Calf has either bought everything, or is going to buy everything, or has seen similar for £80.

Silly Moo. Her own garb is so garish that you couldn’t fail to notice that she NEVER wears any of the Polyester tatt she shills.

Mind you, I don’t blame her :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 15358

she must live in their warehouse.

she must live in their warehouse.

Quite Mr T.

So Baby Jane was on a bit earlier and once again it seems she forgot to wear one of the many, many outfits she has supposedly bought from Ideal World.

Oh, and she also must have forgot to wear the Cushion Walk Shoes that I’m sure she has claimed to have bought too.

But perhaps she is wearing a Bella Body :mysmilie_59:

42CB6109-48B4-423A-BDB3-6BEB0593463C.jpg

Whilst selling the Roamer watches earlier this evening, Shaun 'Nanty' Ryan said that he was getting a lot of "stock updates", presumably meaning someone in the production gallery telling him the same number over and over again :mysmilie_59:

Quite Mr T.

So Baby Jane was on a bit earlier and once again it seems she forgot to wear one of the many, many outfits she has supposedly bought from Ideal World.

Oh, and she also must have forgot to wear the Cushion Walk Shoes that I’m sure she has claimed to have bought too.

But perhaps she is wearing a Bella Body :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 15360

Well she must know all about luxury..

Ha Ha :mysmilie_19:

Of course Nanty was positively peeing his little pants with excitement, exclaiming just how great Schlock It Clean is. That’s enough of a recommendation NEVER to buy this rubbish, i’d struggle to believe Nanty if he told me he dyed his Ginger Beard.

Actually, on reflection, I would believe him :mysmilie_59:

I always try new cleaning products and fall for the hype. But I never spend more than about a fiver and I only use shops like Lakeland or Robert Dyas. The stuff IW are selling is not cheap.

I always try new cleaning products and fall for the hype. But I never spend more than about a fiver and I only use shops like Lakeland or Robert Dyas. The stuff IW are selling is not cheap.

Quite Mutts.

‘Miracle’ Cleaning Products are archetypal Selly Telly Fodder.

Let’s face it, if a product is so amazing why wouldn’t it be sold on the High Street? And if it is so good wouldn’t UniLever or P&G have bought it? Or perhaps more to the point, invented it themselves? I’d guess they have rather large Laboratories!

For the life of me I cannot see what Shadazzle (at almost £30 all in for a few Pots) can do that a £1.50, 500ml bottle of Cif that lasts for bloomin’ ages can’t do. And Cif (or Jif as once was) is available just about everywhere and has been for 49 years.

I’m guessing this is the case because it works, end of :mysmilie_59:

N.B. I remember that years ago my Dad bought a ‘Miracle’ Cleaning Product from QVC (The one that you diluted and agitated and used a Blue Handset with Sponge Rollers to absorb the foam, the dark haired Northern Bloke with the Glasses demo’d it). I’m guessing it must have cost £20ish.

It was complete and utter rubbish!

A bit off topic but I've never seen quite such a 'feminine' beard as I have on Nan Nanty Nan. I don't know whether it's because he dyes it, or overgrooms it, or what. But it's what I imagine a lady might have if she could (and had the inclination to) have a beard. The only beard which out-feminises Nanty's is Will Gowing on QVC, and that's really not someone you want to be compared to.

A bit off topic but I've never seen quite such a 'feminine' beard as I have on Nan Nanty Nan. I don't know whether it's because he dyes it, or overgrooms it, or what. But it's what I imagine a lady might have if she could (and had the inclination to) have a beard. The only beard which out-feminises Nanty's is Will Gowing on QVC, and that's really not someone you want to be compared to.

There’s a guy over on C&C who also looks like he dyes his Ginger Beard.

Perhaps Nanty took inspiration from him? They are so very similar :mysmilie_59:

64E0AA55-6B60-495B-B027-C70C3C7618A6.jpg19589583-52D0-4A19-B057-31079937DF71.jpg

They're a spit for each other, aren't they. Clearly Ideal Shopping Group can only afford the one bottle of Just for Men beard dye, so bad are their Q1 figures.

The problem with Nigel is his sleazing over the (mainly young, male) camera and floor crew. If he made the same sort of comments about women employees, it'd be an HR issue, but because he's seen as 'A Harmless Gay' by the old biddies who buy Create and Craft stuff, it's harmless fun. I say it's double standards.

More deceptive "facts" on IW this morning. Poor old Jeremy Edwards fumbling and mumbling his way through presenting a heated airer.

The "facts" presented by Idealworld. The airer costs 4p an hour to run and only uses 220w per hour compared to an "expensive" tumble dryer that uses over 2000w per hour.

So, they conclude that the airer is much cheaper to run, which it is to be fair. But after having each one on for an hour, which will have actually dried the clothes?

Well, of course they don't even mention that. And you have to imagine that an airer that only has contact with a small portion of your clothing takes a lot longer to dry them. In fact they say that you can have the timer set on the airer for up to 7 hours.

Right so if you have it on for 7 hours it has cost you 28 pence to run, roughly what a tumble dryer takes to run for an hour, and my clothes are usually dry after an hour in the dryer.

Looking at identical ones on Amazon (rated 220w) the biggest complaint is that it takes "hours" to dry clothes...negating the fact that it cheaper to run per hour.

And one weird thing they keep saying on IW....if you put clothes on the radiator you end up with lots of condensation. Well, you heat wet clothes up and that is what happens, regardless of what you put your clothes on. Same will apply to this airer.

Amusing hearing Jeremy say he is scared to use a tumble dryer because of the cost...yeah sure mate :)

Last edited:
More deceptive "facts" on IW this morning. Poor old Jeremy Edwards fumbling and mumbling his way through presenting a heated airer.

The "facts" presented by Idealworld. The airer costs 4p an hour to run and only uses 220w per hour compared to an "expensive" tumble dryer that uses over 2000w per hour.

So, they conclude that the airer is much cheaper to run, which it is to be fair. But after having each one on for an hour, which will have actually dried the clothes?

Well, of course they don't even mention that. And you have to imagine that an airer that only has contact with a small portion of your clothing takes a lot longer to dry them. In fact they say that you can have the timer set on the airer for up to 7 hours.

Right so if you have it on for 7 hours it has cost you 28 pence to run, roughly what a tumble dryer takes to run for an hour, and my clothes are usually dry after an hour in the dryer.

Looking at identical ones on Amazon (rated 220w) the biggest complaint is that it takes "hours" to dry clothes...negating the fact that it cheaper to run per hour.

And one weird thing they keep saying on IW....if you put clothes on the radiator you end up with lots of condensation. Well, you heat wet clothes up and that is what happens, regardless of what you put your clothes on. Same will apply to this airer.

Amusing hearing Jeremy say he is scared to use a tumble dryer because of the cost...yeah sure mate :)

This product appears to be exactly the same as an EcoEgg version on QVC which sells for £74.99 & £6.95 P&P but does come with a Cover which Ideal’s doesn’t at £59.99 & £5.99 P&P. The 129 reviews on QVC for this product are mostly terrible, unsurprisingly it appears to be load of rubbish.

But both of them appear identical to items sold by Wilkinson for £38.00 and Argos for £39.99

We bought a JML Dry Buddy a while back (I think it was £60). It’s OK for lighter items like Shirts and it’s pretty economical. It’s hopeless for heavier items though. :mysmilie_59:

https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/heated-clothes-airer-with-3-heat-settings-445039

http://www.qvcuk.com/Ecoegg-Live-Clever-Heated-Airer-with-Cover.product.806541.html?sc=NAVLIST

http://www.wilko.com/clothes-airers-dryers/status-portable-heated-clothes-airer-with-wings/invt/0453904?nst=0&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvMeywb3c2QIV6p3tCh1SBgvaEAQYBCABEgKhXPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/5428797?cmpid=GS001&_$ja=tsid:59157%7Ccid:199888833%7Cagid:17436843153%7Ctid:pla-224094101073%7Ccrid:74692318593%7Cnw:g%7Crnd:3974970851854570244%7Cdvc:t%7Cadp:1o8%7Cmt:%7Cloc:9046565&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIvMeywb3c2QIV6p3tCh1SBgvaEAQYCCABEgI6TfD_BwE

Latest posts

Back