Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Who the "expert" this time? was it the guy that usually sells vacuum cleaners or the one who sells radiators?

Let’s face it Mr T, the ‘Barista’ :mysmilie_19: could be anyone really.

They even refer to ‘Chef’ William as a Barista’ which in Ideal World terms means anyone who sups Mellow Birds :mysmilie_59:

B3E9F301-6EE2-4F0C-AB96-B83D418FA192.jpg

Dave Loydon seems to be their number one mug punter - Kevin often refers to him , and there is a little bit of video which they sometimes show , apparently of him when he visited the studio.
From what I remember his reviews are very naïve and I think he is the modern equivalent of Lee from Ventnor- an impressionable person who is happy to spend inordinate amounts of money because he has been seduced by the claptrap spewed out by he presenters.
Did you buy the Mathey Tissot and then send it back ?

Buy it, no!!!!

Just looking at it gives me the shits. I wouldn't want that thing as a gift!!!!!

Oh gawd, another watch priced wrongly!!! How many more times??????

Kevinski is as bad as Simon for pronunciation He pronounces the word patented as paintented. Not for the first time.

The rare times I channel hop onto this tripe now, I don't watch with an amused glint in my eye, I watch with a sense of negative amazement and tend to hop off the channel again after a few mins at most. I would genuinely LOVE to see how many units of stuff they shift per show along with a list of presenter performer i.e. who shifts the most down to the least. Maybe the reason Peter Simon gets away with his truly pathetic and patronising style is because he shifts units? It often happens in sales. You can be a complete and utter d*ck but if you make the company good money, they let you be.

I know they are there to sell stuff and make said stuff seem really good to viewers, however surely it's no longer appropriate to almost have a 'moment' live on TV when you've been shown a smart phone accessing the Internet or a combo microwave crisping the skin of a chicken. These devices have been out for YEARS and whilst it can be argued things like smart phones are impressive, most of what they do (certainly the ones IW sell) can hardly be looked on as ground breaking.

Peter Simon ranks as one of the worst. He's shown something e.g. an e-bike and he squeaks and squawks like he's been shown the secret to eternal youth. And then you wait for it ...

'JUST BUY IT, I MEAN JUST BUY IT.'

Never in the history of man has there been a more ridiculous statement, certainly on this channel. Maybe it would be a valid statement to use by a salesperson in a Ferrari showroom if they were selling a £150,000 car for £20,000, or in a jewelers selling a £5,000 Rolex for £500. However no Peter, I'm not going to 'just buy' a cordless vacuum because IW is selling it for £50 less than the nearest competitor ... it's hardly the same thing.

And don't get me started on the bonded leather stuff they sell. Are buyers of this cr*p actually aware there are active lawsuits about trying to get the term 'bonded leather' banned because the stuff you're buying is so far removed from real leather that the word 'leather' shouldn't really be used.

As for the watches, again Peter Simon and that other dude (or should that be dud) obviously think their shows are highly entertaining (sharing saying the phone number etc) but again the utter garbage they come out with leaves you in disbelief. 'Insure them, take pictures of them, lock them away in a high security vault. Take our word, these watches will be worth a fraction of the price you've paid in years to come so ... just buy 'em!!!'

If you see through their shenanigans and bag yourself purchases that, for you, are good value and products you like, fine. However it's those conned by the drivel that I feel sorry for.

I see they have selective price comparisons going on again.

That Krups coffee machine is a "market beating price" of just £680. And the two retailers they somehow managed to google, that nobody has heard of, want over a grand.

They managed to miss out Amazon and John Lewis, both of whom are selling it for a tenner more than IW :mysmilie_19: and you get a 2 year warranty with JL. Such con artists.

Nanty is doing his oh so sincere schtick now.....while holding a cup of coffee that looks more like the contents of a colostomy bag.

Julian and Creepy have just been on - shamelessly attempting to pass bonded leather off as real leather .
They were under orders to flog a leather cleaning product , the bonded leather needs nourishing apparently !
You can pay 50 quid for a cleaner like this postulated Creepy - ' I was the guy who bought it !' claimed Julian '£49.99 I paid !'
I googled leather furniture cleaning kit and there was nothing approaching £50.
I wonder what it was that Julian reckons he purchased.

Julian and Creepy have just been on - shamelessly attempting to pass bonded leather off as real leather .
They were under orders to flog a leather cleaning product , the bonded leather needs nourishing apparently !
You can pay 50 quid for a cleaner like this postulated Creepy - ' I was the guy who bought it !' claimed Julian '£49.99 I paid !'
I googled leather furniture cleaning kit and there was nothing approaching £50.
I wonder what it was that Julian reckons he purchased.

'I'm not being funny but'......... if you're knee deep in Blue Magic, that would have done the job

Although, maybe bonded leather needs a certain kind of extra special nourishing that only another cleaning product will provide :mysmilie_19:

Nanty is shilling Thomas Earnshaw Watches with a guy called Jim Cawley. Jim says : -

“When you’re making Watches with the name of someone who has their own blue plaque in Holborn you’ve got to mean business”

They just can’t help themselves can they? :mysmilie_59:

7534369D-DD68-40AE-9E9E-DA436ADDE645.jpg7534369D-DD68-40AE-9E9E-DA436ADDE645.jpg

Nanty is shilling Thomas Earnshaw Watches with a guy called Jim Cawley. Jim says : -

“When you’re making Watches with the name of someone who has their own blue plaque in Holborn you’ve got to mean business”

They just can’t help themselves can they? :mysmilie_59:

View attachment 15827View attachment 15827

That Jim Cawley guy is even more clueless than that Caroline Jones woman, and that's saying something.

To be a selly telly demonstrator in my opinion, you don't have to have any in-depth knowledge of your product anymore.

As they are relying on "ease of use" to promote most of these crap items, they just need someone who can learn (in 5 minutes) how to demo it for 10 minutes, so they can sell it to people who use it for 5 minutes and throw it away.

expert? what's that. The chef selling coffee, the holiday man now sells shoes on the rival channel, the radiator man selling whatever, so he can get away from his wife for an hour.

Who the "expert" this time? was it the guy that usually sells vacuum cleaners or the one who sells radiators?

Sadly I don't watch IW enough to know who they all are but looking at the demo and "expertise" on show it would not surprise me if it was a bloke who usually sold vacuums!

I know not everyone likes football, but I do wonder if IW will claim that their phonelines are busy during the big match today.

I know not everyone likes football, but I do wonder if IW will claim that their phonelines are busy during the big match today.

I imagine the 'script' still stands no matter what is happening.

I love the footie but did turn over a couple of times to see what they were pulling the non lovers in with............same old mattress and vac with Jeremy Edwards and Paul Ross presenting, along with guest expert/presenter Creepy, who seems to laugh at something constantly.

Well done England!

I imagine the 'script' still stands no matter what is happening.

I love the footie but did turn over a couple of times to see what they were pulling the non lovers in with............same old mattress and vac with Jeremy Edwards and Paul Ross presenting, along with guest expert/presenter Creepy, who seems to laugh at something constantly.

Well done England!

Is Creepy Crawley an actual presenter now then? Or do they still only have him presenting the shows with female-centric products as they feel that only women will accept him (which is bollocks but I bet they thought it)

Well Mr Vax was shilling the iPhone 5s again yesterday. It is such a depressing show to watch because the bias on display is mind boggling.

Firstly he is supposed to be giving a balanced view of the iPhone, but then admits that he has only owned iPhones since the first one was released. So basically he has no other opinion on phones because he hasn't owned any of them.

I didn't quite hear one part, but I'm sure he sagged off Samsung again, to which the presenter said something, and he quickly added that he was "just joking"

He waffles on about Siri and how amazing it is, then says that "all androids have something called Bixby" which he claims isn't as good, again I think he said this was based on the opinion of his teenage son.

But it is a lie, because bixby is a Samsung thing, and Google assistant is the android version of Siri, and in my opinion is far superior to Siri.

I did a quick Google of that Mint+ place and can barely find anything about them online when it comes to people reviewing their phones. There are only 2 reviews on IW, so I'm wondering how many of those 5s's get returned when people realise such an old phone with only 16gb of storage ain't all that great.

Two reviews I found complained of faults with the phones. And that delivery is very slow, so no idea what you would do if anything goes wrong?

I'm on the market for a phone at the minute and can't decide between an iPhone X or a Note 8. So no bias here, as I'm a windows phone user at the moment anyway. Just hate this man spouting nonsense on the TV.

But it is a lie, because bixby is a Samsung thing, and Google assistant is the android version of Siri, and in my opinion is far superior to Siri.

It's not just your opinion. The Google Assistant is widely acknowledged to be streets ahead of Siri in both voice recognition and its abilities. Make you wonder why Ideal would avoid mentioning that doesn't it?

I'm on the market for a phone at the minute and can't decide between an iPhone X or a Note 8. So no bias here, as I'm a windows phone user at the moment anyway.

Coming from Windows phone I think it's more a case of deciding what OS you want to tie yourself to. It isn't that difficult to switch between IOS and Android, but once you're used to one particular ecosystem it's a pain to have to get used to the other again.

I have a Note 8 and it's great (I don't use the S Pen that often but every time I do it makes me very glad to have it). A word of warning though, the Note 9 is going to be released in the next few weeks so I would hold off until then if you can because even if you're not interested in it, the price of the 8 is certain to drop.

Vax man was saying he would swap his £600 phone for the Alcatel he was flogging the other day

It's not just your opinion. The Google Assistant is widely acknowledged to be streets ahead of Siri in both voice recognition and its abilities. Make you wonder why Ideal would avoid mentioning that doesn't it?

Coming from Windows phone I think it's more a case of deciding what OS you want to tie yourself to. It isn't that difficult to switch between IOS and Android, but once you're used to one particular ecosystem it's a pain to have to get used to the other again.

I have a Note 8 and it's great (I don't use the S Pen that often but every time I do it makes me very glad to have it). A word of warning though, the Note 9 is going to be released in the next few weeks so I would hold off until then if you can because even if you're not interested in it, the price of the 8 is certain to drop.
Apple will also be launching new phones during the next few weeks and these may well be better/bigger/cheaper than the iPhone X (plus Siri could receive an upgrade as well), therefore if you can wait until September there will be more options here as well with inevitable price cuts for older models. Also it's worth looking at other Android phones such as the Huawei P10 Pro.

Latest posts

Back