Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Could he possibly be mentioning his mam? 😂

Spot On Susie:)

Gotta give it to Nanty, he’s nowt if he’s not consistent, a consistently obvious creep!

I was disappointed they didn’t have that Shaffer fella on, the one who liked to wear high heels:)

Ok tried, now just a few seconds after posting, I only have REPORT at the bottom left, No edit or delete button.

Maybe you have to be a member here for a certain length of time before you can do these things?

I belong to other forums where you have to reach a certain post count to be able to unlock certain features, maybe it's like that here?

Ok tried, now just a few seconds after posting, I only have REPORT at the bottom left, No edit or delete button.

Maybe you have to be a member here for a certain length of time before you can do these things?

I belong to other forums where you have to reach a certain post count to be able to unlock certain features, maybe it's like that here?

Perhaps you have to be a VIP. you will have to ask Graham or Sazza. Here is a screenshot - - - -

Screenshot (184).png

Perhaps you have to be a VIP. you will have to ask Graham or Sazza. Here is a screenshot - - - -

View attachment 18790

That is definitely different to what I see.
Yeah probably will be something like that, no problem though, was just checking if possible, will just have to double check what I've written before posting. ;) Thanks for your help anyway. (y)

Dear old Peter should consider investing in a book of synonyms. I've lost count how many times I've heard him describe the various masterpieces of horology as sold on IW as 'exquisite', but tonight he was describing the electric bike in the same gushing terms.

Dear old Peter should consider investing in a book of synonyms. I've lost count how many times I've heard him describe the various masterpieces of horology as sold on IW as 'exquisite', but tonight he was describing the electric bike in the same gushing terms.

I'm sorry but I can't resist AND you've only got yourself to blame for posting the above :) Here it comes ...

'This electrical bike, this evolution of the Penny Farting, is a triumph of mechanical endeavours like Scott trailblazing through the Antarctic in the 14th century. The wheels are a marvel of circular magnificence that will turn and turn and turn, leading you ever closer to your goal of utopia. Not only is the frame a ... not only are the brakes made of ... not only is the seat designed to ... this electricians bike will be ever charged, like a trusty steed, ready to take you on a truly wonderous journey through hill and dale. And due to it having an engine, you can glide from Inverness to Penzance like a 20 year old in a matter of hours. Ah mean, ain't it just sublime? This particular model is unique to you, with a limited production run of only 100,000 worldwide. Cherish it, love it, marry it but most of all INSURE IT!'

I watched the Rob Locke collectables show and was cringing behind the cushion all the way through. How he was fawning about the head of the Brit school being an amazing bloke (just in case he was watching), "and I'm not just saying that to get my son in the school". Then going on, constantly interrupting, about all the people he'd met or almost met, and the bit parts he'd done. We get it mate, you're an out of work actor! Then he had the cheek to say something like (now I can't remember the exact words but it was to the effect of) "I don't want to be a shopping telly presenter, I'm only here until my acting career takes off". If the bosses at Ideal World had any self respect they'd tell him to sling his hook and get someone with real passion for the job in.

Noticed on a Proskins show, they had Jess Philips as the brand ambassdor, but also Mike Mason was there.

In this time with social distancing, did they need both there, surely Jess could have combined selling the wear, and also giving the item numbers.

O

I've thought that as well, many of the shows are featuring two people, a few of the times, like your example, it's presenters that obviously are connected with brands, swapping their presenting job to do the ambassador/expert role and then have another presenter there as well, as you say they could just do the shows on their own. Of course it's also a selling tactic, gives the impression that the second person is an expert on the product so that viewers will have an increased confidence when thinking of buying.
Also most of the so call expert guests aren't actually experts either, they're only experts in their own minds, they're just ex actors, TV folk etc, that a whole host of brands use to promote a vast range of products, and they're all so biased anyway that any 'expert' opinions they give are utterly worthless.
And as I type, we have Peter S with Sean, again no need for the two of them.

I watched the Rob Locke collectables show and was cringing behind the cushion all the way through. How he was fawning about the head of the Brit school being an amazing bloke (just in case he was watching), "and I'm not just saying that to get my son in the school". Then going on, constantly interrupting, about all the people he'd met or almost met, and the bit parts he'd done. We get it mate, you're an out of work actor! Then he had the cheek to say something like (now I can't remember the exact words but it was to the effect of) "I don't want to be a shopping telly presenter, I'm only here until my acting career takes off". If the bosses at Ideal World had any self respect they'd tell him to sling his hook and get someone with real passion for the job in.

Agreed. See my earlier posts about Rob. On the one hand yes, I feel for him a bit cause he makes it so obvious he doesn't want to be doing the selly telly. On the other hand it probably pays ok, so grin and bear it and stop referencing the USA so much, your acting and, as you say, the BRIT School. He said the other night along the lines of 'this isn't really even IW as such. We're now live on ITV and I know people watching look on it as more of an entertainment show, what with me doing the email read-outs etc.'

I thought who are you trying to convince, us our yourself?!?

Noticed on a Proskins show, they had Jess Philips as the brand ambassdor, but also Mike Mason was there.

In this time with social distancing, did they need both there, surely Jess could have combined selling the wear, and also giving the item numbers.

O

Agreed. And what really grates me about Mike is the stupid perma-grin he pastes on when the other guest/presenter is speaking. He watches them with a look that would have you believe they're spouting the true secret to eternal youth and winning the Lotto jackpot every week. Look out for 'the grin' if you've not picked up on it before :)

I think I have heard Jess say she does spend some of her time working at Proskins, so maybe she is genuine.

I recently looked up Sally Jacks on youtube, she comes over so warm and carsing, and has a lot of struggles, she says being a shopping telly presenter, seems perfect, but isn’t always. The other day she read out a letter she wrote to Covid19, she included everything we all thought

I think I have heard Jess say she does spend some of her time working at Proskins, so maybe she is genuine.

Yeah on the Proskins side, she does presenting work for Proskins, as a presenter on their youtube channel, and fitness presenter on IW and TVSN in Australia, she also done some Theatre and TV (The Bill, Doctors and more), she's still an actress for hire and judging by her short time on the presenting side for IW, liked her to start with but have gone off her as she acting just like the rest, following the same misinformation script, everything is the greatest and best, best prices and everything is flying out the door and selling out, she's been converted to the dark side.:ROFLMAO:
Maybe should have worded my last reply slightly better, ie IMO there are a few types of expert guests, you get the odd ones that are a full time employee/owner from the actually company of the product, usually the boring ones, usually over-egg their products but genuinely know about what they are selling, although there is the odd exception to the rule here, Mr Swan & Edgar for instance, may own a watch brand, tries to infer he's some Horological expert but in reality he knows sod all about watches, he's like an unfunny unlikable version of Del Boy. :ROFLMAO:
Then there are a few, they are like freelancers with media/acting experience, who are hired as brand ambassadors/presenters, they'll do work for multiple companies/brands doing presenting/promotional work, Jess, David Fabbro, Alan Ennis, Simon Iles, Shona Lindsay, etc all are actors/media folk for hire and all will be experts in whatever you pay them to be experts in. ;)
Then there are the ones that are employed by the distributors (or own the company themselves), Kevin Reynolds, Martin Cunningham, Oh and Lloyd (remember him), they'll be responsible for the distribution for multiple brands in the UK, they source and flog a range of products from various companies to IW to sell and of course they'll (a few of the freelancers crossover here) appear as a guest expert to help IW flogging those products.
Oh and then you get the extra special guests experts, like Miss Garrard, an expert cause she worked in a Jewelers shop for a year about 25 years ago, or Peter Vollebregt, who is an expert in, nothing, he's an actor plain and simple.

Collectors show on as I type. Rob saying (as he often does) to the guest expert 'I don't want to make you blush but you do spoil us, you're definitely undervaluing the items you bring.'

A quick Google for comparable (and genuine) similar items tells you they aren't undervalued, if anything in some cases they're ...

Then, when presenting a letter written by Charles Dickens (selling for circa £10k) good old Rob … in no way trying to influence viewers … says he's tempted to buy it himself, pay the first of 4 flexis and take it to an auction house. To me, inferring even if you can't stretch to the £10k, pay the first flexi, flog it, then you'll have cash to pay the remainder and some left for yourself, cause everything's on sale at an undervalued price you see.

Yeah on the Proskins side, she does presenting work for Proskins, as a presenter on their youtube channel, and fitness presenter on IW and TVSN in Australia, she also done some Theatre and TV (The Bill, Doctors and more), she's still an actress for hire and judging by her short time on the presenting side for IW, liked her to start with but have gone off her as she acting just like the rest, following the same misinformation script, everything is the greatest and best, best prices and everything is flying out the door and selling out, she's been converted to the dark side.:ROFLMAO:
Maybe should have worded my last reply slightly better, ie IMO there are a few types of expert guests, you get the odd ones that are a full time employee/owner from the actually company of the product, usually the boring ones, usually over-egg their products but genuinely know about what they are selling, although there is the odd exception to the rule here, Mr Swan & Edgar for instance, may own a watch brand, tries to infer he's some Horological expert but in reality he knows sod all about watches, he's like an unfunny unlikable version of Del Boy. :ROFLMAO:
Then there are a few, they are like freelancers with media/acting experience, who are hired as brand ambassadors/presenters, they'll do work for multiple companies/brands doing presenting/promotional work, Jess, David Fabbro, Alan Ennis, Simon Iles, Shona Lindsay, etc all are actors/media folk for hire and all will be experts in whatever you pay them to be experts in. ;)
Then there are the ones that are employed by the distributors (or own the company themselves), Kevin Reynolds, Martin Cunningham, Oh and Lloyd (remember him), they'll be responsible for the distribution for multiple brands in the UK, they source and flog a range of products from various companies to IW to sell and of course they'll (a few of the freelancers crossover here) appear as a guest expert to help IW flogging those products.
Oh and then you get the extra special guests experts, like Miss Garrard, an expert cause she worked in a Jewelers shop for a year about 25 years ago, or Peter Vollebregt, who is an expert in, nothing, he's an actor plain and simple.
yes, very simple is Peter Vollebregt, l have nightmares remembering him un- packing a suitcase of all the stuff he doesn't need to take on holiday because he now has a wonderful £89.99 mobile phone that their flogging.

Just seen Joanne shilling a Flavourstone Diamond frying pan on Thane channel...Apparently she is Thanes resident expert chef. And in all her years as a pro chef,she has never seen anything like it. Never realised she was a pro chef...or could that be a little lie
She has often said she trained as a chef and that's how she met her first husband

yes, very simple is Peter Vollebregt, l have nightmares remembering him un- packing a suitcase of all the stuff he doesn't need to take on holiday because he now has a wonderful £89.99 mobile phone that their flogging.

The case, who could forget the case, one of the most cringe worthy demos, even had a small TV in it, who the hell packs a TV in their case when traveling on holiday. :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back