Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The whole tactic of "you need to check out your baskets now. The demand for this is monsterous" is all the more laughable when you realise you are watching a repeat and the site still has the item in stock.

I've come to the conclusion they all go to the Acme School of Selly Telly Selling, cause when channel hopping I've noticed other less frenetic channels and presenters using the same 'please check out your baskets' tactic, albeit not with the freneticism of those on IW! And as you say, it simply makes a mockery of and highlights exactly what they're doing i.e. direct/indirect sales tactics to force a sale.

Mike M is one of the worst for it. 2 secs into a show and 'GUYS, don't mean to panic or pressure you, you are always in control, but GUYS we are already in MELTDOWN ... we're breaking the Internet!'

Yes Mike, okay Mike, we believe you Mike.

You know how gambling sites and tv ads now, quite rightly, have to show gamble aware messages? Selly telly should have a similar organisation for viewers to contact with a website giving impartial advice and guidance. Selly telly channels should, by law, have to show ads for the organisation and feature it on their websites and social media.

I propose the organisation should be called ...

Be Selly Telly Bullsh*t Aware

This organisation will embrace new technologies, enabling the public to install an app on their smart device including smart TVs. When watching a selly telly channel, if the app detects bullsh*t it will give a visual and audible warning as follows ...

'Warning, bullsh*t detected, proceed with caution … warning, bullsh*t detected, proceed with caution.'

:)

Did he mention 'whether buying beans from Turkey or from ...... the dales' ?!?

:) :) :)

It was a brilliant slice of Peter P at his 'best'. I was too busy laughing to be able to repeat verbatim. It went something along the lines of 'in the long history of coffee making - this machine is just exquisite - look at the design - the brushed aluminium is a masterpiece of brushed aluminium'. If it's available on catch up then I strongly suggest you watch it (just to allow you to FF; Peter delivers his speech while bike/fitness/coffee expert was making a cup of green tea).

He did keep referring to the machine as a Barrista?!

It was a brilliant slice of Peter P at his 'best'. I was too busy laughing to be able to repeat verbatim. It went something along the lines of 'in the long history of coffee making - this machine is just exquisite - look at the design - the brushed aluminium is a masterpiece of brushed aluminium'. If it's available on catch up then I strongly suggest you watch it (just to allow you to FF; Peter delivers his speech while bike/fitness/coffee expert was making a cup of green tea).

He did keep referring to the machine as a Barrista?!

He'd probably put on the same faux sincerity if they were flogging a £9.99 kettle with free jar of powered instant ;)

A little faux pas during the latest luxury watch show. The presenter Shaun asked 'where are these made'. There was no reply from the guest expert. Possibly as the result of a word in his earpiece, Shaun was quick to cover - 'the movements I mean'...........

A little faux pas during the latest luxury watch show. The presenter Shaun asked 'where are these made'. There was no reply from the guest expert. Possibly as the result of a word in his earpiece, Shaun was quick to cover - 'the movements I mean'...........

That ‘show’ was hilarious :)

And what about the ‘free’ £100 Clock :poop:
B95A9902-E1A3-4250-9078-E2E086816CB9.jpeg

Buy a pillow from Ideal World and beat Coronavirus - that's the message from Paul Becque .
How so ?
Cos sleep is good for our immune systems says Paul ' I've been reading about it !' followed by meaningful look.
'Check for yourselves.... I'm not a doctor but....'
Really Paul ?
We always thought you were at least a doctor , maybe more !

Buy a pillow from Ideal World and beat Coronavirus - that's the message from Paul Becque .
How so ?
Cos sleep is good for our immune systems says Paul ' I've been reading about it !' followed by meaningful look.
Really Paul ?
He may have meant you wear it like a mask? If so it would also protect you if you tripped and fell on your face.

How so ?
Really Paul ?

Warning, bullsh*t detected, proceed with caution … warning, bullsh*t detected, proceed with caution

Didn’t watch Heritor show, recorded and just watching now, and first watch on, and it’s started already.

On the Heritor Matador (RRP £600):-

Sarah Boydell says “loves the classic pepsi red and blue, because that really does hark back to the classics, big names, the Rolex’s the Brietling’s, big sort of aviator and diving watches, and this does hail from that diving watch heritage. What you normally see in the watch market is, lots and lots of watches that attempt to pay homage or even just rip off the watch aesthetic, what’s been done here by the fantastic design team at Heritor, that they’ve taken this design and made it their own, they’ve off set that crown, they’ve given it these beautiful colours, they’ve given it that cushion case that sits behind that uni-directional bezel.

You really have to take your hat off to her, to have the nerve to go on TV and spout such utter bullsh*t, that watch is nothing more than a rip off of a Chinese homage (which is cheaper £95) to a 1970’s Seiko diver’s watch (both the original version and the newer re-issued SLA033). All they done is made minor cosmetic changes to the dial, bezel and hands, but the cushion case and off set crown is a feature of the original and the Chinese homage. Of course the case style is a copy of both, but the case itself is exactly the same finish etc, as the Chinese watch, because it’s more than likely been sourced from the same factory in China. At least with the Chinese watch there is no bullsh*t as to where it’s made, quality and what it’s paying homage to.

https://www.seikowatches.com/global-en/products/prospex/special/1970recreation/

Chinese Homage

A short while ago Shaun mentioned that the watch he was selling (I forget the model name - the one with the enamel embellishments and opening back) could be engraved on to personalise.

Now, thirty or forty years down the line, after the owner has died, and their children roll up at the jewellers to cash in on their heirloom, wouldn't having it engraved devalue it?

Surely future watch connoisseurs would rather invest in vintage masterpieces of horology which do not bear someone else's name?!

A short while ago Shaun mentioned that the watch he was selling (I forget the model name - the one with the enamel embellishments and opening back) could be engraved on to personalise.

Now, thirty or forty years down the line, after the owner has died, and their children roll up at the jewellers to cash in on their heirloom, wouldn't having it engraved devalue it?

Surely future watch connoisseurs would rather invest in vintage masterpieces of horology which do not bear someone else's name?!

Well, you’ll be lucky if there is much value left in a years’ time, let alone in thirty or forty years’ time, in 2050 there won’t be any monetary value left to de-value for the watch in question. It may have sentimental value because their Father owned it but that’s the only value it will have, apart from being a bit colourful there isn’t anything remotely special about it, it’s got a bog standard Chinese case and movement. The chances are that it won’t be working or at least not working well and will need a service, which will likely be more than the initial or future value of the watch.

A lot of watch collectors aren’t into watches due to their value, so an engraving won’t put some off, it’s more about the design and heritage of the brand & movement etc, that is important rather than any monetary value, sometimes an engraving can add a bit of authenticity or heritage to the watch, personally it’s not something I would want (although I have engraved watches that were my dad’s) but I know some folks who have bought some really old watches with engravings on them and it doesn’t bother them.

Latest posts

Back